AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 16:15   Link #1021
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I'm finding it hard to think of anything good about this show. Houki's tsundereness actually got on my nerves when she kept talking to herself in the locker room.

Ichika did seem to have some interesting chemistry with her when they had lunch together but I find it hard to like him since everything else about him is so God damn cliche.

Same for the fight. The animation is great but the actual fight itself was so predictable I couldn't help but think of the parody in Arakawa Under The Bridge.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:18   Link #1022
dark998

Fantastic episode. The duel was as good as I expected in both execution and length, and Ichika has some nice piloting skills. But Cecilia underestimated him and that contributed to her "loss" as well.

Next episode introduces Rinin, plus we may see Houki fighting for the first time (in a training IS) and Cecilia with a better attitude towards Ichika, especially after the last scene in episode 2.

PS. Side characters keep adding a special charm to the anime. Honne is love
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:21   Link #1023
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Houki's tsundereness actually got on my nerves when she kept talking to herself.
I have to completely agree with you on this. It's disappointing to see an anime with great potential being ruined by a character that is far too tsundere. Most of the time I felt like a punch to the face would be the wise, and appropriate approach when it comes to Houki.

Also, making the male protagonist the usual "I'm awesome and can bring about the full potential of my mecha, but damned if I know anything about it!" leaves a pretty bitter taste in my mouth.

This is one of those anime that I really, really want to like, but it's almost like the anime itself doesn't want me to.
Old 2011-01-14, 16:25   Link #1024
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
she couldnt even fire her rifle OR move because her mind was focused on controlling her tiny gun firing minions. i also doubt she had a plan to defeat him.
over confidence FTW!

well at least if she couldn't fire the rifle together, at least she could have fired her bits/dragoon/funnels/bits/wut ever together to make that AoE attack, unless she could only fire one of them at a time, which... sorta suck if her opponent had any ranged capability(luckily she didn't in this match)

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:36   Link #1025
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
over confidence FTW!

well at least if she couldn't fire the rifle together, at least she could have fired her bits/dragoon/funnels/bits/wut ever together to make that AoE attack, unless she could only fire one of them at a time, which... sorta suck if her opponent had any ranged capability(luckily she didn't in this match)
Strangely enough seeing her use the "little gun minions" (lol) I was immediately reminded of Aerods from Xenogears, where only amazing ether users could use them, and they worked in pretty much the same way in the game as they did with this girl here.

In Xenogears, she also had to use a great deal of concentration to be able to use the Aerods. I suppose she doesn't have "haro" from Gundam to help with the use and control, so she has to do it all on her own.

Then again, the IS has a "core" and apparently is semi-sentient considering the interaction with it earlier on.
Old 2011-01-14, 16:38   Link #1026
Fishfood1

eh, maybe all it takes is more practice/training for cecilia to use those more effectively...

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:18   Link #1027
triskelion
*Fansubber

I also noticed that Cecilia also sang parts of the ED this episode. Does that mean they are going to have all the girls sing once they get introduced?
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:23   Link #1028
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by triskelion View Post
I also noticed that Cecilia also sang parts of the ED this episode. Does that mean they are going to have all the girls sing once they get introduced?
I'm thinking the same thing, they're gonna add all the heroines as soon as they appear in the history.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:24   Link #1029
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Strangely enough seeing her use the "little gun minions" (lol) I was immediately reminded of Aerods from Xenogears, where only amazing ether users could use them, and they worked in pretty much the same way in the game as they did with this girl here.

In Xenogears, she also had to use a great deal of concentration to be able to use the Aerods. I suppose she doesn't have "haro" from Gundam to help with the use and control, so she has to do it all on her own.

Then again, the IS has a "core" and apparently is semi-sentient considering the interaction with it earlier on.
seriously... not the 'sentient robot' shit... i can understand AI, but a living robot? Dual! Parallel World Adventure was enough....
Old 2011-01-14, 17:28   Link #1030
triskelion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I'm thinking the same thing, they're gonna add all the heroines as soon as they appear in the history.
Do you think they would make like 5 different versions for all 5 characters?
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:32   Link #1031
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Hopefully this won't be one of those "you beat me I fall in love" deals. They usually make little sense. Unless of course it is caused by that feeling of protection from a man you know is stronger than you
DING! DING! You hit the nail right on the head that time but sadly the anime skipped over the real reason she hates weak men.

but some of the other girl won't be like this one other have different reasons for falling for him.
Old 2011-01-14, 17:36   Link #1032
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Considering the anime has yet to touch upon her in any depth at all, i think it's a bit too early to say what was or wasn't skipped. They have plenty of time left to flesh out Cecilia's character, and elaborate upon her reasons for falling to Ichika, if there indeed are any. We are only 2 episodes in
Old 2011-01-14, 17:37   Link #1033
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
DING! DING! You hit the nail right on the head that time but sadly the anime skipped over the real reason she hates weak men.
While that's true, I personally still felt that Ichika wasn't portrait as GAR enough for that to happen

Need epic visor-shattering !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:39   Link #1034
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by triskelion View Post
Do you think they would make like 5 different versions for all 5 characters?
I think they're gonna keep adding them, almost like the ending of Angel Beats.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 17:55   Link #1035
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Ep 2 was mounds better than Ep 1.. That's for sure. They should have gone with it as the series opener and not Ep 1.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:03   Link #1036
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
While that's true, I personally still felt that Ichika wasn't portrait as GAR enough for that to happen

Need epic visor-shattering !
To be fair, she thinks of herself as amazing and a pilot almost no one can match. It's understandable that she'd at least start respecting Ichika for that.

I hope this isn't one of those, "Ichika can't beat any of the girls for whatever reason (he can't be popular, the girls must always win, etc)."
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:50   Link #1037
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Wow, the USA has at least two (one in Los Angeles and the other in New York or Washington D.C.). As for the Canada one, it is hard to tell. It is right at the border of Maine and New Brunswick, which is an odd location to research one, since neither location, as far as I know, has a major city recognized internationally.
New Brunswick is one of the major Military base used for training and research/test weapons for the Canadians. might be relevant if the author knew this.
I m pretty sure Canada has an IS. Judging by the list of Countries i can't see why wouldn't Canada get one is South africa got ISs.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 19:53   Link #1038
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Houki's tsundere personality is something indeed. I think she's just too stubborn to admit that she's using the "practice" time with Ichika as an excuse to be alone with him, ah to be young indeed.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:26   Link #1039
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Spoiler for pick your poison:
I know that this is quite a old post but stil.... looks at France >.>... is that a MALE uniform.... MALE uniform..

IT'S A TRAP

Spoiler for previous post:

Actually the arrows point to 18 diff locations, but I think those are IS bases because I see no line going to Germany altough there is a German IS pilot so I think Shared Bases in one spot for multiple nations.

Canada
America x2
El Salvador

Brazil
Argentina

New Zealand
Australia
Indonesia

North Korea bordering Russia and China
India
Russia x2
Egypt Bordering Saudi Arabia

England
Ireland
France bordering Spain (could be in the microstate of Andorra)
Nigeria or Cameroon

And 467 IS's spread over 303 countries with 50 IS's stationed in Japan for that acadamy. I wonder how the rest it destributed.

And also I was expecting a bit more of the fight in ep 2, It was good but it seemed like a let down somehow. I know it can't be just like the intro fight from ep 1 but still I expected more.

I don't know about you other guys but I was expecting a "Zone of the Enders" type of Vibe here after witnessing nearly identical attacks in the intro from ep.1 which the "bad guy" uses.

Actually probably the only real reason I am watching this is because I want to see that baddass with IS suit Kick the living crap out of the Main cast. Because the MC is dissapointingly lame, he is stupid, doesn't act manly or courageous. The ONLY thing he has is that he is the only male Pilot and a decent battle intuition with a bit of luck, which apparently a REPRESENTATIVE of England lacks completely.

Oh well just second ep... got to calm down and wait till the German Representative comes.... Be patient... be Patient.............

NOO I want AWESOME ZONE OF THE ENDERS COMBAT NOW, damn TEASE in the First ep
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:33   Link #1040
Stefkov

I thought the battle was alright. The animation was really good though so I do hope there are more battles in the future.
I hope the harem/romance elements don't take precedence, the MIA sister and reasons why this guy among the billions elsewhere is the only one able to pilot the IS are interesting.
Maybe I'll check out the light novel if it's been translated.

Looking at the preview for the next ep is that a second twin tail coming in? I've never seen 2 as prominent characters before.
Edit: Ah, I just realised. Houki isn't twin tail, her pony tail just splits somehow...
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist