AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-22, 22:19   Link #1
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Paris, France ~♪
Age: 32
Bleach Episode 276 Discussion Thread





*

Enjoy the discussion!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!




* monir-san can add comments if he wants xD
__________________
Let the good times roll!
Hellychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 22:22   Link #2
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
o_o they're everywhere
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 22:31   Link #3
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
..... at soi fon bankai
__________________
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:01   Link #4
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
the episode was okay I guess, not a fan of Omaeda...his whining gets on my nerves...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:02   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wasn't a very good episode in my mind. The last fight was certainly more interesting than this one is turning out to be. I mean talk about stretching it out with the running around. Can now understand why Soi Fon doesn't want to use her bankai since so far it isn't that impressive.

Also can Ukitake stop goofing around? The others are seriously fighting and Soi Fon is in a really bad situation. Think it doesn't look good to focus on Ukitake so much since you are left thinking he could be doing something more useful than that.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:17   Link #6
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Soi-Fon was really pathetic when she said that Oomaeda's screams were shameful; she seems to forget that just an ep ago she was squealing and screaming at the top of her lungs to get that shameless fat guy to save her life by severing her arm.... lol seriously, the nerve.

BTW, her bankai is also the least impressive of them all...

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-06-22 at 23:39.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:56   Link #7
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aha finally the episode where we see Soi Fon's rocket launcher. Do I feel sorry for you Soi Fon.....Kubo screwed you over so badly cause he ran out of good ideas. Sorry.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:03   Link #8
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Thank you for putting up the discussion thread! I've been squirming all over the place to find someone to put this thread up lololol.

Anyway soifon's bankai release...what the hell that was lame...
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:06   Link #9
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Soi-Fon was really pathetic when she said that Oomaeda's screams were shameful; she seems to forget that just an ep ago she was squealing and screaming at the top of her lungs to get that shameless fat guy to save her life by severing her arm.... lol seriously, the nerve.

BTW, her bankai is also the least impressive of them all...
In Soi's defense...she was gonna die and Omaeda screams because of...just about anything. He has one moment where he was serious and could of possibly be considered a badass...but then the moment ended and he reverted to his regular sorry ass self...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:12   Link #10
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I doubt Kubo considered this logic during the process of creating it, but I'd personally like to believe that Soifon's Bankai would be a lot more effective and useful if she actually took all the years necessary to master it. Because based on everything stated in this episode, it's pretty apparent she avoids her Bankai like the plague and would probably never even consider developing it further (since that would require using it a lot more). It wouldn't surprise me if she was the least experienced with bankai among the Gotei 13 (including Renji).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:18   Link #11
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
yeah, her pride and all that...but as we see it...all it is is "point, aim, FIRE!!!"

It probably could of been more interesting if it were a kido cannon of sorts...instead of a nuke
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:25   Link #12
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
yeah, her pride and all that...but as we see it...all it is is "point, aim, FIRE!!!"
It's too bad really. Her Bankai could be capable of taking a whole other form for all she knows (kinda like Byakuya's) which could suit her style better. But I guess she'll never know.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:39   Link #13
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
In Soi's defense...she was gonna die and Omaeda screams because of...just about anything. He has one moment where he was serious and could of possibly be considered a badass...but then the moment ended and he reverted to his regular sorry ass self...
Oomaeda is always trying to be funny and draw attention to himself in weird ways but she left him alone to deal with an opponent that not even she seems to be able to beat (no matter how big her missile may be, the rot and decay principle still applies *I believe*), so Oomaeda's childish behavior is rather justified in this instance. And for the record, his life is as in as much danger as hers .. she just happens to have gotten cocky thinking that she could "deal with Barragan" and got a taste of his Respira..

Heck any VC would be in deep sh** against Barragan and I even dare say...most captains would be doomed against this guy as well...

With all that being said... I despise Oomaeda.... this is one of the guys I would have killed without a second thought
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:45   Link #14
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Kyoraku... a cero to the nuts has got to hurt, right?
__________________


Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:46   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Hmm, impressions:
1) Damn those nasty pre-op spoilers!
2) And with quite the long recap too...
3) Perhaps this episode had too much Oomaeda for me...getting a laugh or two out of him is good, but letting him get the focus of half an episode was pretty tiresome.
4) Anyone else get villain vibes from Shunsui? He seems to be getting somewhere.
5) Soifon's bankai is like Jakiro's macropyre...too slow and flashy to get a surprise kill
Quote:
no matter how big her missile may be, the rot and decay principle still applies
It did explode right at the last second though, I thought that was a hit.
Quote:
Kyoraku... a cero to the nuts has got to hurt, right?
Kubo somehow prefers maiming arms
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:51   Link #16
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
^ Shunsui as a character has so much potential. Too bad Kubo's infatuation only seems to revolve around Aizen and Ichigo ...

Hopefully their characters will be developed a lil bit more in future eps but by the look of things, that is very unlikely
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:52   Link #17
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Oomaeda is always trying to be funny and draw attention to himself in weird ways but she left him alone to deal with an opponent that not even she seems to be able to beat (no matter how big her missile may be, the rot and decay principle still applies *I believe*), so Oomaeda's childish behavior is rather justified in this instance. And for the record, his life is as in as much danger as hers .. she just happens to have gotten cocky thinking that she could "deal with Barragan" and got a taste of his Respira..

Heck any VC would be in deep sh** against Barragan and I even dare say...most captains would be doomed against this guy as well...

With all that being said... I despise Oomaeda.... this is one of the guys I would have killed without a second thought
Justified? I guess...but you can be scared and not be screaming on a constant basis, it's not like he has to yell for his Captain to know he's alive lol and I'm not quite sold on him trying to be funny and draw attention to himself...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:55   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Well, he did have his funny moments..."you're just jealous because you're only bones!" <- LOL
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 00:57   Link #19
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Justified? I guess...but you can be scared and not be screaming on a constant basis, it's not like he has to yell for his Captain to know he's alive lol and I'm not quite sold on him trying to be funny and draw attention to himself...

^ but that has been his character from the very begining, yelling, screaming and being pathetic is in his blood (hence the reason why I would have him killed on the spot). It just so happens that in this instance Soi-Fon shot herself on the foot, which is very hard to accomplish cause ... It's not easy to shoot yourself in the foot while it's in your mouth LOL... (talking about SoiFon here)
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 01:08   Link #20
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
well maybe she likes the taste of feet ;o at least her own...and maybe Yoruichi's >.>
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.