AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-24, 11:52   Link #2721
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
so at this point how are people finding frozen teardrop so far
The technical info it gives is fine but YMMV regarding the characters and their relation to each other. I'm not too thrilled but it makes for some good laughs. As for the story... *shrug* Can't tell yet.

GotD though is awesome. Nothing wrong with sticking even more guns to HeavyArms. The only thing bugging me about it is its official title. Glory of the Losers? "That's why we don't google translate, folks", indeed.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 12:24   Link #2722
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Can you post the rest of the Top 20 polls on the "Power Rankings" thread (Top 20 shows, males. females, mecha)?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=26941&page=45
You mean a photo or just the rankings themselves? I'm not translating them all, I could only do Wing because I knew them fairly well ;P But I can grab a photo of the page.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 14:17   Link #2723
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
The technical info it gives is fine but YMMV regarding the characters and their relation to each other. I'm not too thrilled but it makes for some good laughs. As for the story... *shrug* Can't tell yet.

GotD though is awesome. Nothing wrong with sticking even more guns to HeavyArms. The only thing bugging me about it is its official title. Glory of the Losers? "That's why we don't google translate, folks", indeed.
My thoughts exactly.
The tech info is feeding my nerdy side, which is fine but this guy's attempt to relate everyone to each other is irritating. It kinda takes away the mystery when you realize, "Okay, wait. So they HAVE met. They just decided to not say anything about it. For the entire damn series." *headdesk*

One good thing to come out of this entire novel mess is the manga. When I first got into GW, I think I prayed that it would be redrawn. Well, that's one prayer answered, haha. I love Asagi's work, and I personally find her black-and-white manga panels more beautiful than her coloured works. Not saying her finished coloured works are bad (they are gorgeous!) but either she's in a rush or sorta lazy because they seem to have repetitive poses/expressions and sometimes awkwardly proportioned, which never seems to happen in her manga panels.

*rant rant rant* sigh.
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:18   Link #2724
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
okay from latest of teardrop

Spoiler for big spoiler:
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:58   Link #2725
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
You mean a photo or just the rankings themselves? I'm not translating them all, I could only do Wing because I knew them fairly well ;P But I can grab a photo of the page.
The picture(s) will do.
__________________
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 16:04   Link #2726
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
@shadowii Not sure where you got any of that but most of it is wrong (or way oversimplified to the point of such). Unless by 'half brother' you meant 'brother in law', then yes. Sort of. We still don't really know what's up with that Noinheim guy.

Nothing has been said about 'the family working with Relena' though.

As for the love triangle thing it's possible but there's no confirmation.

And you don't have to spoilertag, no one gives a damn in this thread. The entire POINT of it is that it is all spoilers.

@Washu k, I'll grab it tonight.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 16:32   Link #2727
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
@shadowii Not sure where you got any of that but most of it is wrong (or way oversimplified to the point of such). Unless by 'half brother' you meant 'brother in law', then yes. Sort of. We still don't really know what's up with that Noinheim guy.

Nothing has been said about 'the family working with Relena' though.

As for the love triangle thing it's possible but there's no confirmation.

And you don't have to spoilertag, no one gives a damn in this thread. The entire POINT of it is that it is all spoilers.

@Washu k, I'll grab it tonight.
Gundam wiki for the information about zechs kids
yes i meant noins brother (zechs step brother)
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 16:33   Link #2728
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
does anyone have a brief summary of what happened in chapter seven

and whats the monthly date for new chapters
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 17:00   Link #2729
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
Gundam wiki for the information about zechs kids
yes i meant noins brother (zechs step brother)
Nowhere on there does it say Naina has daddy issues or is working with Relena. I would know; I write those articles.

Also: In-law. The word you want is in-law.

Deacon's translating. Ask him.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 17:17   Link #2730
shadowii
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Nowhere on there does it say Naina has daddy issues or is working with Relena. I would know; I write those articles.

Also: In-law. The word you want is in-law.

Deacon's translating. Ask him.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mob...rozen_Teardrop

its right there (the daddy issue thing was a guess on my part)

■Naina Peacecraft: The twin daughter of Zechs Merquise and Lucrezia Noin. She was left in Hilde Schbeiker's care at some point by Zechs, but later joined Relena Peacecraft's side. She is said to closely resemble her father.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:34   Link #2731
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Oh, that's old from a summary that ended up wrong (so far, anyway, no one has yet actually explain that scene, so.)

It'll be changed once Deacon releases his translations.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 22:53   Link #2732
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Er...slightly off-topic but can anyone tell me where these pics are from?

Spoiler for To save space:


Since Wing Zero has its nice new wings, I'm guessing it's some re-release of Endless Waltz? *clueless*
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:41   Link #2733
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Well, it says DVD collection so... yeah, I'm gonna assume it's one of the many rereleases Bandai's done/been doing (anything for more money, I guess >___>)

I LOVE the art though. Looks like they have the TV versions in the bg and the EW redesigns in the foreground of each? So it might not be just EW... Nice. Where'd you find them?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:48   Link #2734
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Well, it says DVD collection so... yeah, I'm gonna assume it's one of the many rereleases Bandai's done/been doing (anything for more money, I guess >___>)

I LOVE the art though. Looks like they have the TV versions in the bg and the EW redesigns in the foreground of each? So it might not be just EW... Nice. Where'd you find them?
More money for them...more joy for me? xD

Yeah, the gundams are gorgeous in this one. I found them after going on a rampage to find GW pictures bigger than 500px. *sigh* This is what happens when you like 90's stuff. lol Anyone still use 1024x768 resolution? >>

http://www.zerochan.net/50481 Hope this link works. There's a pretty big gallery of GW stuff here, all decent-sized.
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 17:54   Link #2735
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Seems like the user didn't upload the Shenlong/Altron DVD collection cover. -__-

This pic is pretty funny though.
__________________

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2011-03-26 at 13:12.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 18:58   Link #2736
allison13
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hell
Got Ace just a few minutes ago! Liking the artwork this time around. First off, they have the MG Epyon all built and painted out white. Couple color pages, pretty much stuff we've seen before. GotD is all Quatre and Trowa this time.

Frozen Teardrop - we're finally getting closer to seeing Father Maxwell's face! Well, starting from the beginning, there's a picture of Jr. holding a hat on his head, and in the background of that is him and Naina (sp?), I'm assuming when they were younger. The next picture is a few pages later, which is Duo (Sr.) in a hospital bed, with who I can only assume to be Hilde yelling at him ...we just get the back of his head and shoulders, but at least it looks like he kept the braid in his hair. Next is I think a younger Jr. sleeping. There's someone sitting next to him who I'm assuming is Duo Sr., you can only see his arm and leg, though. Last is Naina hugging Zechs/Milliardo/whoever.

Got this at Lawson's - book stores open up in about an hour, then I'm gonna see if I can track down GotD.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like there's a super deformed (or whatever you call them) Wing ver. Ka next to Epyon?
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 19:07   Link #2737
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
My thoughts exactly.
The tech info is feeding my nerdy side, which is fine but this guy's attempt to relate everyone to each other is irritating. It kinda takes away the mystery when you realize, "Okay, wait. So they HAVE met. They just decided to not say anything about it. For the entire damn series." *headdesk*

One good thing to come out of this entire novel mess is the manga. When I first got into GW, I think I prayed that it would be redrawn. Well, that's one prayer answered, haha. I love Asagi's work, and I personally find her black-and-white manga panels more beautiful than her coloured works. Not saying her finished coloured works are bad (they are gorgeous!) but either she's in a rush or sorta lazy because they seem to have repetitive poses/expressions and sometimes awkwardly proportioned, which never seems to happen in her manga panels.
Haha, yeah, Sumizawa's 'additions' have been rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. It's less of adding new things and more of contradicting old ones, isn't it?

By the way, GotD isn't drawn by Asagi. On the cover it says Tomofumi Ogasawara. Or did I misunderstand you perhaps?
As for repetition in Asagi's works; Blind Target. Quatre. Same Rhythm Emotion face, six or seven times. Didn't bother me though.

On a side note, does anyone know where this is from?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...ayounggray.jpg
I've also seen the Quatre version of this and I wonder, is this from a novel?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 20:32   Link #2738
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
@Elo Your picture isn't working

@allison Thanks so much for the summary!

Can't wait to get the new issue and see the pics...! I'm so glad it wasn't significantly delayed. Could you maybe take photos of the new illustrations, even if they're just phone cam pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
As for repetition in Asagi's works; Blind Target. Quatre. Same Rhythm Emotion face, six or seven times. Didn't bother me though.
Ffffff THIS. It bugged me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
On a side note, does anyone know where this is from?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...ayounggray.jpg
I've also seen the Quatre version of this and I wonder, is this from a novel?
I've been wondering myself- I've seen those around too, and I have no idea where it's from. You're right though, it could possibly be one of the novelizations- but the art style is kind of Asagi-ish, isn't it? Hmmm...
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 21:19   Link #2739
allison13
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post

@allison Thanks so much for the summary!

Can't wait to get the new issue and see the pics...! I'm so glad it wasn't significantly delayed. Could you maybe take photos of the new illustrations, even if they're just phone cam pics?

Wasn't delayed at all actually I just got back from picking up Glory of the De...er, Losers just now, too Looked like all the Gundam novels that were scheduled to be released were there, too, so I'm gussing shipping is pretty much normal. I still wonder, though, if there will be a delay in production for next month. I'm assuming that this month's issue was pretty much all written/drawn before the earthquake.

Sorry the summary wasn't better; obviously I can't really say what's actually going on with my limited knowledge of Japanese. From the pictures, I'm guessing a continuation of last month?

Well, I can try to get some pictures up...but I don't really know how to do that. Haha. If you can point me in the correct direction I will see what I can do.

Oh, and also, the new manga (God, so it is really The Glory of Losers) covers up to last month's issue. I think. I shipped my past Ace issues home so I can't check. No new art or anything that I'm seeing.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 21:26   Link #2740
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Summary from Kouryakukan:

■新機動戦記ガンダムW Frozen Teardrop

※小説「Frozen Teardrop」は売れまくっていて
ようやく重版が出荷されるそうです。

P279-
表紙はデュオ(大小)とナイナ。
今月は8話「連鎖の鎮魂曲Ⅲ」

デュオ「オレはヤツ―ヒイロ・ユイに背負わされた
重すぎる運命を見届けなければいけないと思ってる。
それがダチってもんだ。
たとえヤツがそう思っていなくとも」

冒頭以外は全編デュオ(初代)の回想になっている。

MC-0012 FIRST SPRING
デュオがヒルデに振られる。

MC-0012 NEXT AUTUMN
デュオ火星に降り立つ。

MC-0014 NEXT WINTER
デュオ・火星でバイク事故。
左腕と両足を骨折。トロワとキャサリン(らしき)サーカスに救われて
病院に届けられる。デュオの骨は老化していたので全治二カ月。

MC-0015 FIRST SPRING
ラナグリン共和国で司書をしているヒルデと再会。
入院費用を立て替えてもらう。
※スーツ姿のヒルデの挿絵
ヒルデのマンションにそのままころがりこんで同棲。
火星用オフロード・バイク「アレス・ホーネットβⅢ型」
エンジンを買おうとして「仕事」をしてお金をためる。
しかしそのお金をヒルデに「迷惑料」として奪われた。
「アレス・ホーネットβⅢ型」エンジンを買おうとして
(結婚すれば財産は共有)デュオはヒルデにプロポーズ。
結婚して三つあみを教会で切る「断髪式」をする。

その後バイク用のお金をためてバイクが組みあがったら荒野に乗り出す。

MC-0016 FIRST SPRING
ラナグリン共和国に戻ってきたらなぜかヒルデがシスター姿で
教会の子供たちの面倒を見ていた。

2人が結婚式をあげた教会の神父がデュオへの借金のかたに教会を遺贈→
実はその教会が他にも借金だらけ→
ヒルデが司書を退職して退職金を借金返済に充てた→
それでも足りなくて借金が残った→
怒ったヒルデが地球時間で2年ぶりに戻ってきたデュオの右腕をへし折る

ヒルデの希望でデュオが離婚届にサインする。
この時デュオの戸籍上の名前が
「James Clerk Maxwell」であることがわかる。

ヒルデが借金を背負っても教会を捨てなかったのは子供たちが
教会にはたくさんいたから。

ヒルデによってデュオは多額の借用書を書かせられ、
寄付と言う形でシュバイカ―教会に返済する約束をさせられた。
ファザー・マックスウェルという新しい渾名と黒の神父服もヒルデから。
以降デュオの名乗りが変わる。
「テメエの命と金を、死神と貧乏神から矢のように催促されてる
ファザー・マックスウェルだ」

MC-0018 NEXT WINTER
クリスマスにサンタのコスプレをしてデュオが孤児院に行く。
※挿絵にサンタの衣装をかけられて眠るデュオ(息子)
その夜ナイナがさらわれるが、デュオ(初代)とゼクス(本物)の
活躍でナイナが救われる。
※挿絵にゼクスに抱きつくナイナ

ナイナはノインのもとに行くが、その時にデュオ(息子)への
クリスマスプレゼントとして茶色の髪留めリングを置いていく。
今でもデュオ(息子)はナイナからもらったそれを使っている。
(更にデュオにかけてもらったサンタの衣装の切れはしをまだ着ている)



MC-0022 NEXT WINTER
時間軸が現在に戻る。
キャシィが迎撃衛星のハッキングに成功。
「ナタク」と「エピオン」の接触まであと20秒というところで
以下次号。


次号ガンダムエースではMSV-RハンドブックとMSエンブレムコレクションがつく。


From what Babelfish told me, Duo and Hilde were married but did get divorced. And Duo was in a motorcycle accident at one point...
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.