AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-23, 01:22   Link #3341
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Welp, I'm back home now, which means full-access to the last 3 Gundam ACE's

If there's any illustration stuff I find in them that hasn't been posted yet, I will do so sometime this week.

EDIT: Info tidbits that haven't been mentioned/images not yet scanned, broken up by issue:
JUNE (Vol 6):
-Includes the 2 Wing fanart posters
-Shenlong Ka is featured on the Gundam Concierge page, that was never scanned so I'll try to do that
-As an aside, I noted Relena seems to be featured somehow in the new Gundam Extreme VS game? There appears to be a mobile scan square about her (along with Cecily Fairchild! *fangirls this teamup*) There's the same feature in July's issue as well.
-Rankings: Heero stays at #4, Duo is at 13, Relena's at 13, Wing ZERO is up to 7 from 9, D-Hell is at 18. The special ranking this month is Char and his clones, and Zechs came in 3rd after Char himself (twice, since he's #1 and him as Quattro is #2).

Everything for JULY (Vol 7) has been scanned already, as far as I can tell.
-Rankings: Heero stays at #4, Duo moves up to 11, Relena drops off the chart, Wing ZERO drops to 10, D-Hell drops off the chart.

AUGUST (Vol 8): (I'll scan the unposted images)
-FT cover is Heero in his pilotsuit (unf) and Zechs in his White Fang trench with Wing ZERO and Epyon's faces. The rest of the illustrations have been posted. I can note from the english text that it starts out with bits from the Eve Wars with Zechs and Noin, and Zechs and Heero.
-Glory is the Victoria Nightmare episode (lol sword tapping is the cover page) up to the point where Wufei runs to get Shenlong. It includes a flashback to Wufei's Episode ZERO, and Meilan/Nataku! Yay (Master O has a mustache? lol)
-MG Heavyarms and Sandrock Ka both featured in the Gundam Goods article, but I don't see a date for their release other than '2011'. Same for SD Wing Ka.
-As mentioned, MS Girl is Epyon Ka, I'll scan it if no one else has by the time I do.
-Rankings: Heero stays at #4, Relena leaps back to #11, Wing ZERO up to #8
-There's also a small feature on the G-Selection Endless Waltz boxset.

That's all! I have my hands full this week with Otakon prep but hopefully I'll have some time to get the missing pics up.

EDIT2: And as an aside, some goodies from REI:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2924683.html Sister Hilde sketches
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2921637.html Young Naina sketches
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2925771.html And OT but a blog post that appears to be discussing Duo's jacket mysteriously transferring to Heero in BOP lmfao

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-07-23 at 05:03.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 06:07   Link #3342
Aldaeus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Welp, I'm back home now, which means full-access to the last 3 Gundam ACE's

If there's any illustration stuff I find in them that hasn't been posted yet, I will do so sometime this week.

EDIT: Info tidbits that haven't been mentioned/images not yet scanned, broken up by issue:
JUNE (Vol 6):
-Includes the 2 Wing fanart posters
-Shenlong Ka is featured on the Gundam Concierge page, that was never scanned so I'll try to do that
-As an aside, I noted Relena seems to be featured somehow in the new Gundam Extreme VS game? There appears to be a mobile scan square about her (along with Cecily Fairchild! *fangirls this teamup*) There's the same feature in July's issue as well.
-Rankings: Heero stays at #4, Duo is at 13, Relena's at 13, Wing ZERO is up to 7 from 9, D-Hell is at 18. The special ranking this month is Char and his clones, and Zechs came in 3rd after Char himself (twice, since he's #1 and him as Quattro is #2).

Everything for JULY (Vol 7) has been scanned already, as far as I can tell.
-Rankings: Heero stays at #4, Duo moves up to 11, Relena drops off the chart, Wing ZERO drops to 10, D-Hell drops off the chart.

AUGUST (Vol 8): (I'll scan the unposted images)
-FT cover is Heero in his pilotsuit (unf) and Zechs in his White Fang trench with Wing ZERO and Epyon's faces. The rest of the illustrations have been posted. I can note from the english text that it starts out with bits from the Eve Wars with Zechs and Noin, and Zechs and Heero.
-Glory is the Victoria Nightmare episode (lol sword tapping is the cover page) up to the point where Wufei runs to get Shenlong. It includes a flashback to Wufei's Episode ZERO, and Meilan/Nataku! Yay (Master O has a mustache? lol)
-MG Heavyarms and Sandrock Ka both featured in the Gundam Goods article, but I don't see a date for their release other than '2011'. Same for SD Wing Ka.
-As mentioned, MS Girl is Epyon Ka, I'll scan it if no one else has by the time I do.
-Rankings: Heero stays at #4, Relena leaps back to #11, Wing ZERO up to #8
-There's also a small feature on the G-Selection Endless Waltz boxset.

That's all! I have my hands full this week with Otakon prep but hopefully I'll have some time to get the missing pics up.

EDIT2: And as an aside, some goodies from REI:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2924683.html Sister Hilde sketches
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2921637.html Young Naina sketches
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2925771.html And OT but a blog post that appears to be discussing Duo's jacket mysteriously transferring to Heero in BOP lmfao
Master O with a mustache!?!? This I gotta see, he was the ripped Asian martial artist with the bald head how much more awesome can he get!?!? Why not add a mustache? Sword tapping on the front cover of Glory... kinky...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 06:41   Link #3343
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Master O with a mustache!?!? This I gotta see, he was the ripped Asian martial artist with the bald head how much more awesome can he get!?!
It looks like a fumanchu minus the long beard part of it.. just the stache
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 07:20   Link #3344
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
I'm guessing you guys haven't seen the concept art. Here:
Spoiler for Master Mustache:


So yeah, Master O's mustache isn't really new. By the way, I have the entire concept art stuff so if anyone wants it, drop me a note and I'll upload it somewhere. It seems a lot of people haven't seen it yet.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 07:46   Link #3345
Omnicat
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland
It seems I don't have much to contribute to this thread besides nitpicking, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Really? I thought that was the only time he was shown being affectionate, actually. And that was the only time I remember being disappointed in Relena. Uhh, dude, HUG YOUR BROTHER BACK...? It just killed the drama (the good kind) of that scene. Honestly, how couldn't she? They haven't seen each other in... forever. They could share a friggin' hug! She OBVIOUSLY wanted to hug him back, but she didn't. She just forced herself not to cuz she was like, "You've been a bad, bad boy, Milliardo. Bad! No hug for you!" But still. I wish she hugged him back. XD
I really hope you just momentarily forgot that just a few scenes before this, Zechs fired Libra's cannon onto Earth, thereby committing genocide* and very nearly - and very deliberately - almost killing Relena herself too. Because otherwise... are you serious?!

I... am going to sit here and glare suspiciously at you until you realise exactly what's wrong with expecting Relena to be happy being hugged in such circumstances by the brother who couldn't even be assed to pay her a visit in the past thirteen years**, not even when he dumped the responsiblility of a kingdom into her hands without the slightest consideration of her wishes***, only to force her to publicly denounce him because he was using the family name she was trying to put to good use (and which, at first, was the ONLY thing she had going for in the political arena) to be a two-faced hypocrit in space, and then threw a "let's become a dictator and start yet another war with no motive but hatred and complete annihalation" sized hissy fit JUST as she was starting to get somewhere in her fight for peace. Oh, and that's not even taking into consideration the stunt he pulled in Antarctica.

Not to hate on Zechs too much, but he was NOT a nice big brother, and Relena has absolutely no reason to be happy to have him grabbing at her in that scene.


* For reference. Also note that one of the first shots of the devastation caused by the canon was of the obliteration of a landmass surrounded on several sides by water. So aside from the already pretty horrific size of the direct impact site and the inevitable effects on the atmosphere, hello monster tsunamis!
** EW doesn't count because those were circumstances outside of his control.
*** Seriously, that she just happened to be willing to LEAD A COUNTRY at age FIFTEEN is incredibly lucky for him. And the plot. What would he have done with that forcibly liberated kingdom of his if she had told Noin no?
Omnicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 07:51   Link #3346
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I'm guessing you guys haven't seen the concept art. Here:
Spoiler for Master Mustache:


So yeah, Master O's mustache isn't really new. By the way, I have the entire concept art stuff so if anyone wants it, drop me a note and I'll upload it somewhere. It seems a lot of people haven't seen it yet.
Said art is available here: http://aboutgundamwing.com/pending.htm
(And a few other places I've been across that had several Wing artbooks uploaded but don't have the links handy to anymore.)
And yeah I'd seen the concept but they nixed it in the series, so... it was just a bit surprising, lol.

@Omnicat by EW I assume you mean Ep0 in your **?

And in addition to your points, let's not forget that just because she discovered she had a long lost brother, a sibling relationship (or ANY relationship) doesn't just magically appear out of thin air. She still pretty much didn't know Zechs at all.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 08:15   Link #3347
Omnicat
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
@Omnicat by EW I assume you mean Ep0 in your **?

And in addition to your points, let's not forget that just because she discovered she had a long lost brother, a sibling relationship (or ANY relationship) doesn't just magically appear out of thin air. She still pretty much didn't know Zechs at all.
Ack! Yes, I did. XD;

Also that, yes. Relena seems like the kind of person who would try to make the best of it now that she CAN, but... yeah, still no. Zechs has been too busy playing the world's biggest boogyman to let that happen.



EDIT: Now that I'm here anyway, I remember somewhere way back, someone wondered who "Bruno" is. He was mentioned in a list of... comparative ranks within the OZ/Alliance/Romefeller, or something? Anyway, I was just reading a translation of part of the original series novelisation, and Bruno is the name given to the third person in Zechs's shuttle in episode one, beside him and Otto.

Aaaand even farther back someone wondered where this image came from. I found it on one of the "Remix" pages in Blind Target, and I might have forgotten about it if it weren't for this other Remix image - which, ROFL. And this one: is the sleeping boy Duo, or could this be the fabled Solo? (Please forgive the awkward photographs. As ever, when you need the scanner to work, it doesn't.)

Last edited by Omnicat; 2011-07-23 at 08:50.
Omnicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:59   Link #3348
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakuka ... 9866e6f8f0c78b70409

●新機動戦記ガンダムW  フローズンティアドロップ
P215-
今月のタイトルは「悲嘆の夜想曲Ⅰ」
カラー表紙はサブリナとカテリナ。どう見てもリリーナが2人。

※P206-207に掲載されている見開き描きおろしのMSはトールギス。
原画はMOGURAさん。

本編はサブリナがドーリアン邸に引き取られたころから。
そのころコロニーでは上流階級に富の再配分が通達されて
ドーリアン家も急激に凋落した。
家庭教師であったヒイロも解雇されることになった。

ヒイロの大学の同窓には「ジェイ・ヌル」※若かりしドクターJ
ほか「ZEROシステム」を開発したトマス・カラント(※カーンズの兄)がいた。
ヒイロはジェイにサブリナの衣服に付いていたサムの毛から
クローン猫を作ることを依頼するが、2日後にジェイがドーリアン邸に
連れて来たのは17メートルはある白い「ワイバーン」。
それにはZEROシステムの初号機が組み込まれていた。
(このワイバーンは後のガンダムエピオンのMA形態によく似ている)
ZEROシステムを使ってモニター上に猫のサムが再現され、サブリナと
カテリナはデータ上の猫を可愛がる。

その夜、ヒイロが通う大学の地下講堂で地下活動集会があった。
サンカント・クシュリナーダも参加したその集会が解散して数分後、
地球圏統一連合の工作員が設置した時限爆弾が爆発し
ジェイは左手を失い、ヒイロも火傷を負う。
そして「P.P.P.P」を開発していたカラントは出血多量で死亡した。

爆破事件はL-1コロニー過激派によるものと報道されヒイロも思想犯として
投獄されてしまう。
そんなある日ヒイロは唐突に釈放された。
サンカント・クシュリナーダがヒイロの保釈金を払ったのだ。

その後大学に戻ったヒイロとジェイはサンクキングダムが核攻撃されることを知る。
同じころカテリナとサブリナもをワイバーンに搭載されたサム
(ZEROシステム)により核攻撃を知った。

サブリナにヒイロへの恋心を託す代わりにサブリナの心の支え
(データ上の猫・サム)をもらいワイバーンで出撃するカテリナ。
ジェイのハッキングとサム(ZEROシステム)の助けで
攻撃衛星「ジェミナMW」を攻撃し破壊する。
今月号はガンダムエピオンに酷似した「ワイバーン」に搭乗した
カテリナがサンクキングダムの反乱軍に王政復古を宣言するところで
以下次号。

とりあえず今月のまとめ。
カラント…「P.P.P.P」およびZEROシステムを作った男。カーンズの兄。
ジェイ・ヌル…後のドクターJ。

今月のモノクロ挿絵。
・若き日のヒイロ(初代)とジェイ(ドクターJ)
・コクピットのノーマルスーツのカテリナ
・ダンスするカテリナとヒイロ

この他の情報としてMGサンドロックの原型公開。
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 11:03   Link #3349
Leave The Pieces
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicat View Post
I really hope you just momentarily forgot that just a few scenes before this, Zechs fired Libra's cannon onto Earth, thereby committing genocide* and very nearly - and very deliberately - almost killing Relena herself too. Because otherwise... are you serious?!

I... am going to sit here and glare suspiciously at you until you realise exactly what's wrong with expecting Relena to be happy being hugged in such circumstances by the brother who couldn't even be assed to pay her a visit in the past thirteen years**, not even when he dumped the responsiblility of a kingdom into her hands without the slightest consideration of her wishes***, only to force her to publicly denounce him because he was using the family name she was trying to put to good use (and which, at first, was the ONLY thing she had going for in the political arena) to be a two-faced hypocrit in space, and then threw a "let's become a dictator and start yet another war with no motive but hatred and complete annihalation" sized hissy fit JUST as she was starting to get somewhere in her fight for peace. Oh, and that's not even taking into consideration the stunt he pulled in Antarctica.

Okay, dude. Calm down...?

In no way was I criticising Relena on this. The way I said it may have sounded that way, but that's because I was trying to be short... because I had a lot of other things to type. Which was lazy and so, I admit, that was my bad. BUT I NEVER said she should be happy Zechs hugged her. I NEVER said I was expecting her to, either...?

SHE HAD EVERY RIGHT NOT TO HUG HIM BACK. If you read my post again, hopefully you'd see that I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION: "How couldn't she?". I remember what Zechs did, I remember what he was like. Hence, the "quoted" spoofed version of Relena's train of thoughts that time he hugged her. I was justifying her actions, or rather, inactions to myself. It was more of a personal preference thing. I was just voicing out a thought. I, personally, simply wanted the two to have a sweet moment together (like Iria and Quatre), and that could've only happened if Relena hugged him back.

I'm not hating on Relena cuz she didn't reciprocate. I guess I just wanted her to give in to her emotions that time, because it was obvious she wanted to hug him back. Weren't her arms shown restraining themselves or something from doing so? I just wanted her, for a minute or two, to let her emotions get to her and be like 'After all, I haven't seen him in ages.' *hug back* "Kk, now can we talk, Milliardo? Maybe somewhere private? I have a feeling I can talk you out of this." -- which is an act that's a bit Mary Sue-ish (which Relena obviously isn't, never was and never will). But one that I would like. And perhaps the ONLY one that I would ever like. She loves Earth and he was going to erase it off the face of the solar system. A righteous person like herself would obviously be too disgusted by the person that Zechs was that she wouldn't think it's appropriate to hug him back, just cuz they're blood, given the circumstances then. And so, she didn't. Because she always does what she thinks is right. So yes, the right thing to do then was to not hug him back. But like I just said, it was just a personal thing. Although it wasn't appropriate to hug him back, personally, I just wish she did. No need to bite my head off...?

Also, I wasn't even making a big deal out of it. Because the main focuses of that discussion were Zechs and the times he was shown being "affectionate" to someone. Had I known it would offend you, a Wing fan big on Relena-love like myself, I wouldn't have voiced my thoughts out. I guess I wasn't thinking. Got a bit too comfortable in the thread for my own good, you know? Don't worry, won't happen again.

Quote:
Not to hate on Zechs too much, but he was NOT a nice big brother.
Zechs wasn't, but Milliardo was. We saw their childhood photos. Look at the way he looked at Relena as he held her in his arms on one of them. Awww that was love. But when he became Zechs, well... he was just hopeless. But he did show some sister complex that one time in Siberia(?). He told Noin to "allow him to protect Relena this once" or something. And I also remember Noin saying to him (albeit, not directly) "Relena's the most important person to you..."? Or maybe I was just hearing things... *shrugs*
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 13:17   Link #3350
mirei
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
hm..おもしろい

It seems there's no sparkling Tallgeese Heaven and dashing Wind of Cyrene for the next chapter *sniffs*

At least we got some badass Relena? (her predecessor/s I mean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakuka ... 9866e6f8f0c78b70409

●新機動戦記ガンダムW  フローズンティアドロップ
P215-
今月のタイトルは「悲嘆の夜想曲Ⅰ」
カラー表紙はサブリナとカテリナ。どう見てもリリーナが2人。

※P206-207に掲載されている見開き描きおろしのMSはトールギス。
原画はMOGURAさん。

本編はサブリナがドーリアン邸に引き取られたころから。
そのころコロニーでは上流階級に富の再配分が通達されて
ドーリアン家も急激に凋落した。
家庭教師であったヒイロも解雇されることになった。

ヒイロの大学の同窓には「ジェイ・ヌル」※若かりしドクターJ
ほか「ZEROシステム」を開発したトマス・カラント(※カーンズの兄)がいた。
ヒイロはジェイにサブリナの衣服に付いていたサムの毛から
クローン猫を作ることを依頼するが、2日後にジェイがドーリアン邸に
連れて来たのは17メートルはある白い「ワイバーン」。
それにはZEROシステムの初号機が組み込まれていた。
(このワイバーンは後のガンダムエピオンのMA形態によく似ている)
ZEROシステムを使ってモニター上に猫のサムが再現され、サブリナと
カテリナはデータ上の猫を可愛がる。

その夜、ヒイロが通う大学の地下講堂で地下活動集会があった。
サンカント・クシュリナーダも参加したその集会が解散して数分後、
地球圏統一連合の工作員が設置した時限爆弾が爆発し
ジェイは左手を失い、ヒイロも火傷を負う。
そして「P.P.P.P」を開発していたカラントは出血多量で死亡した。

爆破事件はL-1コロニー過激派によるものと報道されヒイロも思想犯として
投獄されてしまう。
そんなある日ヒイロは唐突に釈放された。
サンカント・クシュリナーダがヒイロの保釈金を払ったのだ。

その後大学に戻ったヒイロとジェイはサンクキングダムが核攻撃されることを知る。
同じころカテリナとサブリナもをワイバーンに搭載されたサム
(ZEROシステム)により核攻撃を知った。

サブリナにヒイロへの恋心を託す代わりにサブリナの心の支え
(データ上の猫・サム)をもらいワイバーンで出撃するカテリナ。
ジェイのハッキングとサム(ZEROシステム)の助けで
攻撃衛星「ジェミナMW」を攻撃し破壊する。
今月号はガンダムエピオンに酷似した「ワイバーン」に搭乗した
カテリナがサンクキングダムの反乱軍に王政復古を宣言するところで
以下次号。

とりあえず今月のまとめ。
カラント…「P.P.P.P」およびZEROシステムを作った男。カーンズの兄。
ジェイ・ヌル…後のドクターJ。

今月のモノクロ挿絵。
・若き日のヒイロ(初代)とジェイ(ドクターJ)
・コクピットのノーマルスーツのカテリナ
・ダンスするカテリナとヒイロ

この他の情報としてMGサンドロックの原型公開。

● Shinkidousenki Gundam W Frozen Teardrop

p. 215
This month's title is "Nocturne of Grief"

On the colored cover are Sabrina and Katrina. There are two Relenas no matter how you look at them.

※p. 206-207 - MS Tallgeese spread
by Mogura-san

This chapter is from the time when Sabrina left the Darlian Estates. During that period, the Darlian family suddenly fell when the upper classes of the society were notified to redistribute their wealth in that colony. Even Heero, who was a tutor, was dismissed.

Attending the same university with Heero were Jay Null (young Dr. J) and Tomas Quarant (Quinze's brother). Heero requested Jay to create a clone of the cat 'Sam' out of its hair that was stuck on Sabrina's clothes, but what came out 2 days later was a 17-meter white "Wyvern". That was the first suit equipped with ZERO system. (This Wyvern resembles Gundam Epyon MA form)


At that night, there was an assembly in the basement auditorium of the university that Heero attended. Sancant (?) Kushrenada also participated in that assembly, which dissolved few minutes later.
When a time bomb, which was installed by an ESUN spy exploded, Jay lost his left arm and Heero suffered from a burnt scar. And, Quarant, who developed the 'P.P.P.P' died from massive hemorrhage.

Heero was also imprisoned for the 'white-collar crime'.
Heero was suddenly released on that day.
Sancant Kushrenada paid for his bail.

Upon returning to the university afterwards, Heero and Jay learned about the nuclear attack on the Sanc Kingdom.
Both Katrina and Sabrina, from Sam (zero system) that boarded Wyvern, learned of the attack.

In exchange for entrusting her love for Heero to Sabrina, Katrina received Sabrina's support (Sam) and set out with Wyvern. With Jay's hacking and Sam (Zero System) they were able to destroy the attack satellite "Gemina MW".
This month, "Wyvern", which resembles Gundam Epyon, set out.
Next issue will follow Katrina's proclamation of Sanc Kingdom's imperial rule restoration.

That's this month's summary for now.

Quarant...the one who made a zero system called the "P.P.P.P"; Quinze's brother
Jay Tal...Dr. J

for the B&W illustration:
-young Heero and J
-Katrina wearing a normal suit in the cockpit
-Katrina and Heero dancing


**
Interesting that they came up with how Dr. J lost his arm. And two Relenas for one Heero

There are still some things that are quite questionable in this block of text, but I'll reserve that till I read the next chapters.

Last edited by mirei; 2011-08-03 at 06:41.
mirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 13:25   Link #3351
Omnicat
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland
@Leave the Pieces

I am calm! No worries, and sorry if I came off a little heated. I was actually trying to add a lighthearted note with the "suspicious glare" thing, but I guess I'm not as funny as I sometimes think I am. :P

Note to self: next time, skip straight to "squint".

I guess I just can't imagine hugging someone back unless you're "happy", in some form or another, to be hugged in the first place. So "why wouldn't she hug him back?" is synonymous to "why wouldn't she be happy to be hugged?" in my mind. I also never thought she looked like she was holding herself back - if anything, I'd think she's holding back from freeing herself from his grasp - so I guess that's why I got such a strange impression of your view on the hugging scene. It gave me the feeling that your spoof thoughts were almost as serious as the rest of the paragraph. XD;; Like, "okay, he fired a big giant space laser, so what? he may have joined the bad guys, but he's just pretending, he didn't REALLY hurt anyone!" - which, unfortunately, is kind of the impression the anime gives by never mentioning the massive devastation he caused again after the episode it happened in. >:| Bad anime. I can't count the number of times I've had to remind people that Zechs committed GENOCIDE when the subject of his involvement with and actions as the leader of White Fang comes up and everybody jumps to defend his reasoning. And the last time the topic of Relena refusing to hug him back came up in a discussion I was part of, it involved the words "ungrateful bitch". <.<

BUT, whatever, it's all cleared up now. No hard feelings? I can totally sympathise with wanting that scene to be a bit more juicy. (Though I admit, I would have preferred a slap and something along the lines of "I no longer recognize you as my brother, begone from my sight!" ) A lot of the characters are always so restrained, or don't meet often enough or in the right times, or GW's style of execution and focus on the philosophical-political aspects rather than the emotional ones just dimmed the effect so much, that I'm left craving confrontations and developments between a whole bunch of characters. Just imagine if Relena and Zechs had actually gotten to know each other. It would've been SO emotionally charged, whereas now, whenever they clash, directly or indirectly, it's more like "oh, right, we happen to be related too". *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Zechs wasn't, but Milliardo was. We saw their childhood photos. Look at the way he looked at Relena as he held her in his arms on one of them. Awww that was love. But when he became Zechs, well... he was just hopeless. But he did show some sister complex that one time in Siberia(?). He told Noin to "allow him to protect Relena this once" or something. And I also remember Noin saying to him (albeit, not directly) "Relena's the most important person to you..."? Or maybe I was just hearing things... *shrugs*
Nope, Noin definitely said Relena was the most important person in Zechs's life. I have no doubt that he loved her, but BOY was he ever hopeless. Some of it was intentional, like his cruelty-as-a-lesson at Antarctica and the White Fang stuff, but even unintentionally I thought he ended up being kind of a dick. Not just to Relena, to Noin too. But let's not get into that, or my ranting will never stop.

It's funny. I think he's a great character, but as a "person" I just wanna hit him over the head with his own helmet. (Which probably contributed to the perceived tone of my previous post. My bad!)

@mirei

...longcat gundam?

Last edited by Omnicat; 2011-07-23 at 14:21.
Omnicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:00   Link #3352
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
*excited* Yay for all the information! Thanks so much to all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirei View Post

**
Interesting that they came up with how Dr. J lost his arm. And two Relenas for one Heero

There are still some things that are quite questionable in this block of text, but I'll reserve that till I read the next chapters.
Thanks for the translation!
...I'm a bit of an idiot though. Which Heero are we talking about? The AC 195 dude or the one that got assassinated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicat View Post
@Leave the Pieces

@mirei

...longcat gundam?
LMAO
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:29   Link #3353
Aldaeus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Behind you.
Yes the one that knew Sabrina/Katrina Peacecraft is the Politician Heero Yuy that was assassinated by Odin Lowe. That's the one that the section is talking about.

Now seeing this its making me wonder... when the hell are they going to get back to the Heero Yuy we know (AKA Odin Lowe Jr.) I mean I'm all for learning more info on the Early AC knowing that they had Mobile Armors back then has me interested... but I want to see more on the "Current" not the past...

But ZOMG we have a full name for Dr. J!?!? Probably some of my favorite characters out of all of the AC have to be the "Mad Five" and Howard...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 18:32   Link #3354
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
I'm mostly answering to stuff Nishiio, LTP and SkullFaerie said, so everyone else, feel free to skip this post.

Spoiler for my novel-sized rambling:


One thing about the "Ares" part in names though. I think Duo's engine was called a Hornet Ares or something, so perhaps "Ares" is added to names just as a technical specification that it is for Mars use?

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-09-22 at 13:45.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 18:51   Link #3355
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Man... in translating this chapter I've noticed that Sumisawa really crams in a bunch of useless details... :/
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 19:12   Link #3356
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Man... in translating this chapter I've noticed that Sumisawa really crams in a bunch of useless details... :/
But how else will Sumisawa connect everyone to everyone and everything? D:
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 19:21   Link #3357
Leave The Pieces
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Spoiler for Response to Omnicat and IkuzeMinna :):


Thank you, mirei!

Lol I have this silly feeling Relena is cloned from Katrina and Heero from Heero. And so their romance was also "cloned".

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-07-23 at 19:56. Reason: Spoiler-ized + additional response for Ikuze :)
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 19:51   Link #3358
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
But how else will Sumisawa connect everyone to everyone and everything? D:
True... but it's a bitch rewriting all of it into sensible and coherent English. :/
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 20:57   Link #3359
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Directed to IkuzeMinna and anyone else who's participating on this topic. =P


Spoiler for Long reply~:
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 22:04   Link #3360
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
...I'm a bit of an idiot though. Which Heero are we talking about? The AC 195 dude or the one that got assassinated?
The one which was assassinated.

And.. wow. Just wow. Peacecraft-Yuy love triangle. At least it sounds like we get to see (not)Relena piloting finally...? I still have a feeling they're gonna end up hooking up.. hmmm.

I'll wait to poke at J's wiki page until we have the chapter, but.. I'm curious to see how he looked when he was younger.

(PS thank you guys for sticking that discussion under spoilertags ;P)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.