AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-25, 21:30   Link #3381
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Didn't the Shenlong use a cannon in the series proper? Taken from another mobile suit? Could've sworn he did.
It did. Episode 4; he used a high-energy cannon the Aries suits tried using against it to shoot down the Tauros transport carrier. The new weapon is the final image: Some kind of solid-blade sword.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 22:44   Link #3382
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Btw, Kitsoru, how much does an ACE cost you? The mag + shipping. If you don't mind sharing, that is.

Here at my place it's $27.00 + $13.00 shipping. I want to subscribe but if that's a rip off, I'll forget about it. Also, I got my FT volumes 1 and 2 for $16.00 each. Is that overpriced or not? I'm poor. I have to know lol.
Yeah, you're getting ripped off, if you're in the USA anyway ^^; For me ACE is only $20 shipped.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 01:44   Link #3383
Verona_Price
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Hey everyone,

I've been reading the comments off and on. And have been wanting to post something for awhile. Regarding the "fan hate" for Relena, and my view on the 1xR thing. Thus being a little ramble I've wanted to get out for sometime.

Amazing in the fact that guests that come into Spencer's Gifts don't want to hear a 23 year old Sales Assocate talk about Gundams...huh who would have thought. So I thought someone here may find my view point interesting. Or something, couple things I'm on a few pain killers for my root canal...so if I sound insane....that's why.

Now when I was in 5th grade Gundam Wing came out. I at frist hated Relena. However going back and looking at her character you can see where she's really just a normal girl, that was handed a really messed up hand of cards.

What do I mean? Well in the frist episode she's mad at her dad for not going to her birthday. Alot of "haters" will aruge this shows she's suck up....however when you were 14 going on 15 your birthday was do or die. At least it was for me. So in this regard Relena is just a "normal" teen girl. She wants her way and her dad to be around for her birthday.

In regards to Relena and Heero in the frist couple of episodes we see her acting what we think of as kind of nutty. Now if you pause this fact of her "stalking Heero" and say to yourself.

"When I was a 15 year old girl and I had my frist real crush what did I do...." well I think we can all say we acted a little nuts. I waited by my frist boyfriend's locker all the time even after he dumped me. Teen hormons (spelling?) in the middle of war.

I also wanna talk about the episode Party Night. Where Heero saves Relena's life when he in all reality should have let her die. He says something along the lines of "Why did I save her, what's wrong with me....ect."

Well I think to some extent its again teen hormons (spelling) kicking in. Or l-o-v-e. Or I'm just reading far too into a cartoon.

Ramble done so two questions.

Any new pictures (I love the FT pictures they make me happy in my pants lol)

And what would one say is the "Gundam" Timeline starting from the frist or what in theory should be the frist Gundam story all the way up to one of its alternate "endings"
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 14:53   Link #3384
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price View Post
Any new pictures
Nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price View Post
And what would one say is the "Gundam" Timeline starting from the frist or what in theory should be the frist Gundam story all the way up to one of its alternate "endings"
...Huh?
If you're referring to that whole thing Sunrise decided to hint at about Turn-A being the end timeline for "everything".... then here's my piece on that:
UC, AW, and CC? Yeah, they might definitely be part of the same timeline. Especially since AW is so heavily implied to be an end to UC.
But I think there's no way in hell that with the timeline Sumisawa's established for After Colony/Mars Century that it could be part of that, since he states it began in ~1950's AD. We'd be in around 2100-2200 AD right now, in FT.
And Future Century is well, sort of... um. Unique. On its own. So
CE and AD have already been stated not to count for this because they came after Turn-A.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 15:21   Link #3385
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
My Gundam Ace shipped this morning so I should have the latest chapters tomorrow if I'm lucky. I'll put pictures up on the blog
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 20:54   Link #3386
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
My Gundam Ace shipped this morning so I should have the latest chapters tomorrow if I'm lucky. I'll put pictures up on the blog
Yay!
I really like how the onomatopoeia graphics are looking on Glory, btw. Unnecessary, yes, but very pretty.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 21:29   Link #3387
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
You know, I don't get it. Honestly. Relena looking like Katrina makes sense since she's her daughter (not granddaughter, Mr. Sumizawa). But Heero looking like Heero Yuy? I'm starting to wonder if Sumizawa has forgotten that he made Treize related to him, not Heero.
Plus, I don't see where this whole romance thing is going. Aside from catering to the 1xR base without really catering to it, what is he trying to do? Make Treize Zechs' uncle?

GOTD is looking better although I must say, I'm a little miffed that they changed the Tallgeese to some old space Leo/Greif/whatever. The Tallgeese was a suicide MS and it took guts and serious skill to just pilot it. Changing it to some mass produced suit that most people could handle... no sir, don't like it. I'm not happy about the tweak in Mei Lan's badass. >_>
And what's up with Shenlong's "new" sword? Going for a career as a butcher?


As for the "Zechs, the douchebag" and "Relena's rudeness" debate, allow me to voice my thoughts.

Zechs first. While I don't doubt that he loves his little sister like any good brother would, I'm hesitant to say that he did what he did for her sake. Taking revenge on his family's murderer was definitely a personal vendetta. And I think that liberating Cinq from the Alliance was him fulfilling his duty to his people as heir to the throne (even if he thinks he's unworthy), not giving Relena political power. Relena herself didn't exactly jump at the opportunity to rule, either; from the moment she learns that she's a Peacecraft to the time she actually assumes the position as Cinq's sovereign a lot of time passes. I would delve into this further but it's late here.
So yeah, I believe that Zechs was doing a lot for his country, not necessarily Relena. If he were geared that much toward her he'd been in Noin's place as her advisor, not off in space playing ambassador. After all, he was the one to be brought up as a Peacecraft, not Relena or Noin.
But he always kept his distance to her. After deciding to go for revenge, that was it. The moment Zechs Marquise was born he cut his ties with her, for Zechs Marquise meant war and he didn't want Relena anywhere near it. That and the whole guilt-tripping about blemishing the Peacecraft name and being unworthy and blah. Still, whenever they did end up in one place he'd make sure to always protect her. In EpZ, in Antarctica and even on Libra.
Talking about Libra, in the hugging scene Relena wanted to hug her brother. But she wasn't sure if the man holding her was him or Zechs Marquise. I think that says a lot, both about Relena's relationship with her brother as well as who Zechs and who Milliardo is (to her and in general). On that note, Zechs seemed a little hurt that she rejected him. Here he is, glad to see his little sister again and then he gets told off. Then again, it was his own fault. Oh well.


Now about Relena being rude. Hmm.... it's funny, I think she is occasionally rude in the beginning but I would've cited completely different scenes than SkullFaerie. When she told Romefeller that the Gundams will have their hides, yeah, that was definitely out of line. Even if it was true. And I also think it's quite rude to disappear from your own birthday party before even blowing out the candles without a good excuse. If I were her guest and I was told she ran off because her classmate told her that her other classmate might be at a military harbor, I'd go 'wtf'.
As far as Noin and Sally are concerned, well, she was a little sassy but I really didn't mind that. She did criticize Noin a lot but that was mostly because no one ever told her stuff. How should Relena have known that Zechs was her brother and that he did all he did for his kingdom and family? Although I must say, "showing Relena how dirty war can be" by slaughtering Heero in front of her was one of the stupidest ideas and lamest excuses he ever came up with.
Way to go Zechs, traumatize your little sister by killing the guy she's possibly crushing on right in front of her. It will definitely steer her in the right direction.
Chewing out Noin for building an army in Cinq was justified, too. She was turning her into a hypocrite, after all. And considering Cinq's image and people's hopes in it, it might have crushed the belief in total pacifism completely if even Cinq reached for weapons. Then again, if Cinq was crushed it would've been bad, too. ...yeah, they were pretty screwed. Relena really made the best decision she could in that mess. And her awesomeness was so great that it later caused her to become Queen. xD

The other stuff I'll add after sleeping. I don't trust myself to make sense right now.

Oh and about the 90's style: I like the 90s.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 22:30   Link #3388
Leave The Pieces
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
@ SkullFaerie

Still writing my response. When I'm finished, I'll put it on this post.

Spoiler for Response to SkullFaerie:


~

One little thing, though.

@ IkuzeMinna

The reason why I refuse to use the words "rude" and "bossy" on Relena (her early self) is because, to me, they sound as if they CAN define her. Which is ridiculous, because one can also say she's "polite" and it would be just as legit as the claim she's "rude".

For instance, when she and the VFM landed on Earth, I thought it was very "polite" of her, the way she handled the situation. "I understand you have to take him. I'm capable of finding my own way home so please don't trouble yourselves." (Obviously, not those exact lines but you get that.)

So that goes to show that while she's "rude", she's also "polite" -- which, to me, is a statement that just sounds absolutely ridiculous (I'm NOT saying you or anyone else said it) because one person CANNOT be both, especially at the same time. I hope I'm making sense. (I can elaborate on it further so if it's not making sense, please don't hesitate to ask.)

So, anyway, it miffs me every time someone goes saying "She's rude" and ends it there (hyperbole) because it's not criticising her, it's defining her (I'm not saying you or anyone else said that, btw). And the funny thing is one can say "She's polite." and it'll be just as accurate.

Personally, I find it incorrect when one uses either words on her (at least, on her early self, her developed self was very polite and professional) because she's lying in the grey areas between them. So what words then? Childish, unreasonable (again, I can elaborate on that, just say the word ) and impulsive. Had those been the words used to criticise her and not the definite-sounding "rude", I wouldn't disagree. EDIT: Same is true when someone praises her for being "polite". I would still disagree. Disagreeing is very different from saying "You're wrong", btw. I'm well aware I do not have the right to say anyone's wrong on anything. But I can disagree, nevertheless. I hope that makes sense.

PS I also love the 90's. The anime in that decade pretty much raised me lol.

EDIT again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Fujisan finally shipped out my FT vol 3, and they quoted me about $17 including shipping. I haven't checked the charge yet, though. ACE is around $20 including shipping from the same place.

Edit: sorry, I know I'm not Kit Figured I'd just throw this out there anyway.

Edit again: Leave The Pieces, where did you order FT 1 and 2 from?
Lol no worries, and many thanks for the response! I sent you a PM. ^_^

EDIT AGAIN: Thanks, Kitsoru, for the response.

EDIT AGAIN : Response to SkullFaerie partially added.

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-07-27 at 06:16. Reason: Added the response :D
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:18   Link #3389
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Yay!
I really like how the onomatopoeia graphics are looking on Glory, btw. Unnecessary, yes, but very pretty.
I'm running out of word choices
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:42   Link #3390
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Spoiler for Response to IkuzeMinna and Leavethepieces:
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:04   Link #3391
Aldaeus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I'm running out of word choices
When in doubt, go read some old marvel comics...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 13:19   Link #3392
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I've honestly tried... I'm reading the Ghost in the Shell manga to get some SFX choices for mechanics. Marvel doesn't have much in terms of that (I don't think).

Anyone wanna buy an extra frozen teardrop vol 2? I have two... idk how :/
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2011-07-27 at 14:51.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 17:28   Link #3393
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Seeing as I forgot how we even ended up discussing this, I'll try to keep it short.
Spoiler for babbling:

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-07-28 at 15:06. Reason: wording
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 23:16   Link #3394
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Anyone wanna buy an extra frozen teardrop vol 2? I have two... idk how :/
What would you be looking for for it (shipped in the US)?

Also, last minute gratuitous reminder that if you happen to be attending Otakon this weekend, look for me, I'll be pilotsuit Duo.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 07:48   Link #3395
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Spoiler for what IkuzeMinna said:

Last edited by Faerie; 2011-07-28 at 18:06.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 12:16   Link #3396
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
What would you be looking for for it (shipped in the US)?

Also, last minute gratuitous reminder that if you happen to be attending Otakon this weekend, look for me, I'll be pilotsuit Duo.
Um... $15 with shipping maybe? I don't think it'll cost that much. Haha.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 13:02   Link #3397
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Um... $15 with shipping maybe? I don't think it'll cost that much. Haha.
Gotta wait to see how much I spend at Ota but I might (don't hold it for me though)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 13:04   Link #3398
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I doubt anyone else will snatch it up.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:24   Link #3399
dkre
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: i live in garland, texas. btw dont mess with the cops here
Age: 25
Cool

Hey everybody

New member here. I've been reading reading this thread for quite a while now ever since i heard that FT was out. I gotta say i love the discussion so far and it wasn't till now that I've felt the need to join in.

As far as FT goes, although it was a little confusing to figure out was was going on (considering i can't read Japanese) from reading everything you guys post, l really like it so far. I just hope we get to see the suit design soon. O well, can't do anything but wait.

As for the Relena/Zechs thing, reading the discussion has been very enlightening from all sides and everyone made good points. so the conclusion i come down to is both sides have similar view points, you're just wording them differently. it almost feels(to me that is) that this discussion is a coin that was split in halve, and later down both faces meet and have an epic battle (not saying you guys are fighting, not at all) because they look different from each other without ever realizing they are from the same coin. i know, strange metaphor, but that how it feels to me.

btw, sorry if i offended anyone with what i said. I'm not very good with words since i tend to be more of a listener.

and also i don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I was watching a review on MG Epyon and the reviewer pointed out that parts of the some of the runners were sectioned off. all of the ones that were are Epyon's weapons, which gives a strong possibility that we will be getting Epyon Pi in the future. I just hope we are. since their designs aren't majorly different it would be really easy for Bandai to make it. here's hoping for sometime next year.

Anyways, that's my two cents and i hop to get along with all of you.
dkre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 22:40   Link #3400
Aldaeus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkre View Post
Hey everybody

and also i don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I was watching a review on MG Epyon and the reviewer pointed out that parts of the some of the runners were sectioned off. all of the ones that were are Epyon's weapons, which gives a strong possibility that we will be getting Epyon Pi in the future. I just hope we are. since their designs aren't majorly different it would be really easy for Bandai to make it. here's hoping for sometime next year.

Anyways, that's my two cents and i hop to get along with all of you.
I actually agree, If they do the same thing they did with the X and the X Divider it would make a lot of sense... and depending if it ends up getting a chance as either a series or OVA it's chances only get better. Also in my opinion if they do end up releasing the White Epyon, it will probably come along with the same time the other frozen teardrop suits come about so most likely looking at it when the last of the EW MG's get released somewhere in the fall...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.