AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-29, 10:43   Link #3561
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I just got the latest issue... man, Catherine looks hooooot.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 11:03   Link #3562
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Been so busy the past few weeks, haven't been able to check this topic.

I really like the modifications to Deathscythe and Sandrock in GoL, especially the twin guns on the latter.
Old 2011-09-29, 11:54   Link #3563
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I just got the latest issue... man, Catherine looks hooooot.
Still looks like Relena? >.>
Old 2011-09-29, 13:55   Link #3564
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Huh? I'm talking about Circus Catherine...

I'm going to try something new here... I'll try translating one or two pages a day. Here's the first part of the chapter:

Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2011-09-29 at 14:08.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 14:21   Link #3565
Javiersansano

I'm grateful (and I'm sure many others are equally, or even more grateful), but I'm not sure if this forum' rules permit translations
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 14:26   Link #3566
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The forum rules say nothing about novel translations, and this isn't licensed yet anyway.
Old 2011-09-29, 14:32   Link #3567
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Alien mechs?
No no no none of that silver surfer alien bs in here thankyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't like the wings. Deathscythe Hell and Deathscythe Hell Custom had wings. No need for the first entry in the line to have them.
Ehhh I'm kinda torn. On the one hand I agree, but on the other, Rule Of Cool. Though the point that D-Hell's wings are shields and not used for slight is a good one. Are these wings used as speed-boosters like D-Hell's extra verniers, or actual (like, Wing ZERO style, articulated) flight verniers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
O_O I barely remember that scene but I've always thought those were Heero's eyes. It's strange... I wonder whose eyes those are.
Weird. I never noticed those before, they don't show up in this cap:
http://aboutgundamwing.com/SC/SC37/vlcsnap-145461.jpg
Heero Sr.? Treize? :U I highly doubt it's Une, to be perfectly honest.
Quote:
I'm going to try something new here... I'll try translating one or two pages a day. Here's the first part of the chapter:
Thanks muchly, Deacon.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 14:40   Link #3568
Javiersansano

Then Deacon, be my guest with the translation, and thanks. By the way, does anyone know where I ca find the translation for all the previous chapters?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 18:03   Link #3569
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Then Deacon, be my guest with the translation, and thanks. By the way, does anyone know where I ca find the translation for all the previous chapters?
Yeah someone should track them down and compile them into a blog or something, to help those who are new and don't want to go page trolling for almost 200 pages.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 18:58   Link #3570
Kitsoru

http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/3059315.html#more

REI posted a blog about the new chapter.
Old 2011-09-30, 07:56   Link #3571
Mareike

Quote:
Huh? I'm talking about Circus Catherine...

Spoiler:
Thanks for this, Deacon!

I like Trowa's narration. Insightful, yet... sad. I just wanna give him a hug. ;A;
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 18:53   Link #3572
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks for the translation, Deacon.
Wow, Trowa had 20 years of character development only to view himself as a pebble... *snort* Oh jeez, this novel has so many emos. Seriously, is there a character who is actually happy? So far everyone has been whining about one thing or another. No wait, I think Noin didn't. But I guess it's only a matter of time...*sigh*

As for the screencap you mention Kit, that one's about a second before the eyes appear. As for who it could be, I have no idea. As I said, only Une has brown eyes but that's not her eye shape. They look kinda female, though..? Hm. Treize has blue eyes. Relena and Milliardo have blue eyes, too. And if FT is to be taken as a source the entire Peacecraft family has blue eyes as well. So none of them. Colony leader Heero Yuy is an option, though I have no idea why it should be him.
Perhaps it was meant to be Zero/Epyon? The suits do seem to have a personality. Plus, everyone is referring to them like they were real people. If the eyes were a means of showing their "consciousness" it would mean that, umm...

*scratches head*

Okay, I'm just gonna ramble here while trying to analyze that scene, see if I can figure something out. First things first, what do we have?
A berserk Heero who's been destroying MDs all day and regards anything that moves as an enemy, which, up to Zechs' arrival, is indeed the case. Then we have Zechs who flew all the way from space to save his homeland and who has no idea what's going on. Heero sees him and (without actually confirming who the pilot of Zero is) attacks him. Zechs is like "Oh, a new Gundam. Oh, he's challenging me." They clash and realize who the other is. Zechs becomes confused and asks Heero whether he is an enemy. Heero tells him to ask his Zero in that charming way of his. We see the typical yellow light in Zero's cockpit, meaning the system activates (or is in use). But instead of fighting him, Zechs still wants to know if he's too late to save Cinq and we see that he sees what happened in the battle through Heero's eyes (evidenced by the white lattice in his vision which is how Epyon's helmet shows surroundings). In other words, their minds are linked right then, much like Dorothy's and Quatre's are in ep 44.

While Heero is happily trying to shred him to pieces, Zechs asks what the point of this battle is if Cinq is lost. Heero doesn't answer. (Oh? A meaningless battle between the two? Sounds familiar.) Zechs not being able to make up his mind prompts Zero to tell him to "kill those who've come to kill [him]" (which sounds a lot like Heero). Zechs accepts and says that "as a true warrior [he]'ll end [their] fateful battle, here and now!" His eyes become red (lol) and the dogfight begins.
But before, we're treated to OZ reinforcement troops preparing to attack them and Dermail being a jerk to Relena yadda yadda. Back to the battle, Heero is yelling at Epyon for being too slow (lol again) and Zechs asks Zero to emerge victorious. They both go for each other's throats and that's when the BSOD happens. Or in their case, a yellow screen of death. They part, land and we hear and see the ZERO systems going haywire, stuffing their brains with so much battle data that they're send into spasms. We see numbers, their battle so far and Zechs and Relena (Relena? lol those shippers) flashing before Heero's eyes before the screencap happens and these odd brown eyes appear. After that, both suits vent a lot of steam and collapse.
Afterwards, Zechs and Heero sit there, saying how their suits toyed with them yet were right in saying they're an obstruction in the path they've chosen. Once they realize they're about to get company Heero flings Epyon's helmet to Zechs, telling him he should take Epyon since it was built by Treize and he didn't understand his intentions in the first place. Zechs agrees and they blast off.

There are a couple of interesting things to note in this battle. It's the first time two people using the ZERO system fight each other and we learn that if they both use the ZERO system at the same time their minds may become linked. Also, up to that point both Heero and Zechs are being screwed over by their suits. After exchanging Gundams they seem to master the system. There's also the parallel to their duel in Antarctica and the themes "a soldier needs an enemy" vs "a soldier needs something he can protect". But I think the most important part is that Heero decides to take Zero and give Zechs Epyon. It's not that he couldn't pilot it but something made him ditch it in favor of Zero. As their fight proved they were equal in power, so what prompted that decision? (maybe Epyon's evil streak )

Here's a guess: maybe it was Zero calling out to Heero to use him (her?) instead of Epyon? It wouldn't be impossible, Zechs' and Heero's minds were linked, after all. And I think this interpretation makes some sort of sense..?
God, this is worse than Quatre's sparkles.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 14:53   Link #3573
Aldaeus

Anyone who has the latest Gundam Ace mind throwing up the pic's, everyone who keeps teasing us saying that Catherine Bloom has a rather hot image we've yet to see it, let alone any other pic's from the latest chapter.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 02:53   Link #3574
CJFinnegan

Spoiler for Frozen Teardrop 10:

Last edited by CJFinnegan; 2011-10-05 at 02:55. Reason: Additional information
CJFinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 06:25   Link #3575
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Seriously? That would make Treize his uncle. And Relena possibly his cousin..!

Edit: No wait, Treize is Heero Yuy's grandnephew. That would make all of them cousins. ...messed up much?

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-10-08 at 16:10.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 11:01   Link #3576
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFinnegan View Post
Spoiler for Frozen Teardrop 10:
Wait.

What?

Spoiler:
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 17:33   Link #3577
Verona_Price

And I'm my own grandpa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
Wait.

What?

Spoiler:
(pulls a chirs griffen)
AAAAAAAWHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTT?

No really, where, when, and in what issue does it say this. I think I'm an issue behind so where does it say this?
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 03:50   Link #3578
CJFinnegan

According to what I've read, yes (and I'd site source, page and paragraph if I weren't trying to keep my eyelids propped up with toothpicks). I do have "photographic" proof, which I'll try to post a link to tomorrow.
CJFinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 20:11   Link #3579
allison13

So, how are things coming along with the translations? Will we be seeing any chapters soon?
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 17:43   Link #3580
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFinnegan View Post
According to what I've read, yes (and I'd site source, page and paragraph if I weren't trying to keep my eyelids propped up with toothpicks). I do have "photographic" proof, which I'll try to post a link to tomorrow.
...I'll believe it when I see it.
(I had a feeling they were gonna do that, though.)

Tags
gundam wing