AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-31, 17:14   Link #4381
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
I think one thing doesn't exclude the other.

Spoiler for GoL:
I can't lie.

As it stands I really hope they do something with Relena, more then we all expected.

As it stands, they can say she is stronger then Gundam pilots all they want, but her characterization is terribly weak, and this will only become worse given her Grand Mothers and how proactive one of them was.

Doesn't mean she needs to completely change, but they really need to address how she is delievered to the audience and not just have her power in Universe be enough anymore.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 17:45   Link #4382
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
The wiki pages said that the story and script are Sumizawa (we can blame all retcons and bloopers on him... he really should know the story better then the fans. And if he wants to change it, don't contradict YOURSELF!!!) and art direction is Tomofumi Ogasawara (he gets partial blamed simply because it's his job to make sure that stuff like this doesn't happen. Step it up Mr. Director!).
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. But now I'm confused. How come GoL is pretty much on the sane and awesome side while FT has cross-dressing scientists and Disney Princess pilots when both stories are written by the same guy?
Are there multiple Sumizawas?

And now that you mention it, I read through the character sheets of the AC pilots on the wikia and man, the pages are full of bull. Someone should fix that mess.

Quote:
LOL! No silly! The bar isn't running through the lion's head at all! It's a visual cue that (for the most part) I've seen only happen in manga. You're supposed to assume that the bar goes all the way through and is there in front of the character (in this case, the lion). It 'disappears' like that simply because the character's expression/face is the main focus of the panel, and if you drew in the bar it would obscure said facial expression. I'm pretty sure that this has also appeared in Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin... I'd have to search for pages and panels later when I'm more awake.
I can't remember seeing it in Naruto and I have no idea if it's in Rurouni Kenshin cause I haven't read that (shame, I know) but hey, visual cue is definitely better than a holo lion or holo bars. xD The latter would be kinda dangerous...

Quote:
Can we just chuck all inconsistencies to magic?
Magic and drugs. Lots of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Glory Ch.20 is out now I'll take a crack at Frozen once I scoot the compilation volume of Crossbone Ghost out!
Well, I'll be... Thanks for the chap, Deacon! Suddenly GoL got insanely interesting.

I really wanna know what happens next now. Is Heero going to pull a Sylvia Noventa on Relena? Is Relena going to pull an Une on Heero? (probs not) Or will it be completely jumbled and Relena will be the one pointing the gun while Heero asks for a dance..?
Okay the last one is highly unlikely but I'd still pay good money to see that, if only for the lulz. I'm also surprised that Duo knows about it.

By the way, was anyone else laughing at Trowa and Wu Fei sitting around their campfire and being all depressed? Seriously, what's Trowa's problem? If he had wanted to kill Treize, he could've done it. Just ram the dang plane into the ship, no big. And how did he pick up Wu Fei anyway? Last time we saw him he was flying away from the battle.

This manga.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:39   Link #4383
Ferhb
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brasil
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post


By the way, was anyone else laughing at Trowa and Wu Fei sitting around their campfire and being all depressed? Seriously, what's Trowa's problem? If he had wanted to kill Treize, he could've done it. Just ram the dang plane into the ship, no big. And how did he pick up Wu Fei anyway? Last time we saw him he was flying away from the battle.

This manga.
Sweetie, that scene's on the series, actually. And Katherine makes them soup, also. Remember?

The only difference is the Barton foundation part.
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:22   Link #4384
Sommer
Hobbit
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Call me a jerk but in the series when Mr.Darlian died I laughed my ass off, but this GOL chapter made me fell kinda bad for poor Relena( and Treize too)
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 00:15   Link #4385
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
You're not alone.

I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for either Relena or Darlin and was just thinking how I really hoped they didn't drag out his death to long.

Haven't read that section to see if it's done any better.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 04:42   Link #4386
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Sweetie, that scene's on the series, actually. And Katherine makes them soup, also. Remember?

The only difference is the Barton foundation part.
There are more differences, actually. In the series Trowa participated in the battle during the Treize assassination and held off pretty much the entire army while Wu Fei was trying to take down Treize.
In the manga though he only snatched a plane and flew off. No ramming it into ships and busting out Heavyarms and blowing stuff up. The most he does is fly up to Wu Fei and ask him if he got Treize. When he doesn't answer, Trowa goes "I understand. Let's just drop it." And that's it.

I know the campfire scene is part of the series but I can't help but laugh. Trowa has no reason to mope. Had he wanted to, he could've done some damage. Or the least he could've done is say he was out of ammo and fuel or something, hence why he didn't attack Treize.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:29   Link #4387
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Spoiler:
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:49   Link #4388
Sommer
Hobbit
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
You're not alone.

I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for either Relena or Darlin and was just thinking how I really hoped they didn't drag out his death to long.

Haven't read that section to see if it's done any better.
But to be fair, without counting Episode Zero and Endless Waltz, the only character that make feel sympathy in the series was Wufei.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 12:37   Link #4389
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Spoiler:
Not the worst chapter.

Some of it just feels off though, like the events that are happening are alright but the little details just aren't quite right.

Specifically some of the words that are used seem really odd given the situation.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 20:16   Link #4390
Ferhb
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brasil
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post

I know the campfire scene is part of the series but I can't help but laugh. Trowa has no reason to mope. Had he wanted to, he could've done some damage. Or the least he could've done is say he was out of ammo and fuel or something, hence why he didn't attack Treize.
Maybe he was upset because OZ tricked them?

Spoiler for GoL:


Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Not the worst chapter.

Some of it just feels off though, like the events that are happening are alright but the little details just aren't quite right.

Specifically some of the words that are used seem really odd given the situation.
I didn't quite get who said the last line in the end.
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 21:23   Link #4391
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
It's Quatre, he's still talking. I stopped in the middle of a section since I was falling asleep (and probably why it reads so strangely haha)

Edit: I'm fixing some of that other stuff on my end but the more of this I do the more i'm like blaaaah make it stop.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2012-06-02 at 09:45.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:38   Link #4392
Eeni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: refrigerator box
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. But now I'm confused. How come GoL is pretty much on the sane and awesome side while FT has cross-dressing scientists and Disney Princess pilots when both stories are written by the same guy?
Are there multiple Sumizawas?
There were 3 script writers for GundamWing, remember? GoL is (as we all know) a retelling of an already existing story... pretty hard to f-up, but Sumizawa has accepted that challenge XD
The other two writers were Akemi Omode (writer for Blind Target) and Katsuhiko Chiba (writer for Battle of Pacifist). And every now and then others (whom I don't know who they are) wrote scripts for the series. But anywho, Sumizawa, Omode, and Chiba seemed to keep one another in check. Sumizawa on his own is running a mock and writing strange stories...

Quote:
I can't remember seeing it in Naruto and I have no idea if it's in Rurouni Kenshin cause I haven't read that (shame, I know) but hey, visual cue is definitely better than a holo lion or holo bars. xD The latter would be kinda dangerous...
I tired to find them... but I guess I remembered things wrong. opps....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Sweetie, that scene's on the series, actually. And Katherine makes them soup, also. Remember?

The only difference is the Barton foundation part.
LOL! This part cracked me up! "supplies from the foundation have stopped!"!?!?!? Seriously? How long did it take for the Barton Foundation to realize that things weren't going according to plan!?!?
__________________
There was never a great talent without a bit of insanity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-06-02 at 17:01.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 17:34   Link #4393
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
It's Quatre, he's still talking. I stopped in the middle of a section since I was falling asleep (and probably why it reads so strangely haha)

Edit: I'm fixing some of that other stuff on my end but the more of this I do the more i'm like blaaaah make it stop.
At this point I would say you should probably just drop it.

I really don't think it's that bad, given how many voices and different feels the series has had, at least GoL is doing a half decent job of trying to have everything happen in one timeline instead of having things be disjointed and so many things causing issues with one another.

That said, it just really seems like you aren't really enjoying either GoL or FT and while the selfish part of me wants it to keep going, I think you given up enough of your time for all of us losers who can't read it and you can finally stp torturing yourself.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 21:42   Link #4394
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
At this point I would say you should probably just drop it.

I really don't think it's that bad, given how many voices and different feels the series has had, at least GoL is doing a half decent job of trying to have everything happen in one timeline instead of having things be disjointed and so many things causing issues with one another.

That said, it just really seems like you aren't really enjoying either GoL or FT and while the selfish part of me wants it to keep going, I think you given up enough of your time for all of us losers who can't read it and you can finally stp torturing yourself.
Oh I don't mind Glory... Wing was my baby growing up haha. I have an obligation to do that manga. As for the novel, parts of the dialogue make me scratch my head and I'm not sure wtf he's talking about (yes, I'll admit it). I'll plug away somehow.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 21:47   Link #4395
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Got to say I'm happy that you will stick with it.

It just seems like at times you are so over the whole thing and I almost feel guilty when some of us get excited about it. Then again with lines like "But, we're rather busy on our side too ya know." coming from a Gov Body when talking to a terroritst/kidnapper I can't say I blame to overly much.

That is the kinda shit that just made me wish they would go cheese mecha and never try to do anything serious because it sounds so terrible.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:28   Link #4396
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Haha the comm is closed at that point... it's merely a thinking aloud line if you would :P That and, well... Sally isn't exactly using formal Japanese when dealing with the terrorists either (as indicated by discussing closing the wireless comm the way she did).

As for Glory, it's the first manga chapter I translate when I get Ace, so I guess that says something :P
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:51   Link #4397
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
LOL! This part cracked me up! "supplies from the foundation have stopped!"!?!?!? Seriously? How long did it take for the Barton Foundation to realize that things weren't going according to plan!?!?
Maybe Trowa and Doktor S hid the real Trowa's body and the former launched in Heavyarms right after that.

At least Sumisawa has rectified this part of the story, somewhat. It never made much sense for the Barton Foundation to essentially allow Trowa and S to get away with the real Trowa's death like they did in the series. We never even saw the discussion Dekim and Trowa had to have had before Trowa was allowed to join Mariemaia's army.

The new chapters are much appreciated as always, Deacon.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 12:22   Link #4398
Eeni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: refrigerator box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Maybe Trowa and Doktor S hid the real Trowa's body and the former launched in Heavyarms right after that.

At least Sumisawa has rectified this part of the story, somewhat. It never made much sense for the Barton Foundation to essentially allow Trowa and S to get away with the real Trowa's death like they did in the series. We never even saw the discussion Dekim and Trowa had to have had before Trowa was allowed to join Mariemaia's army.

The new chapters are much appreciated as always, Deacon.
On that I agree. I didn't expect for either of them to escape Dekim's wrath scott free. And, like you, I would LOVE to know what Trowa said or did in order to be allowed to join Mariemaia's army later on.

Getting back to why I found the suspension of supplies hilarious, wasn't the plan to have the gundams descend to earth and wreak havoc and then drop a colony? Or was it the other way around..? Anyways, even if Dekim believed that his son Trowa was alive and carrying out the plan accordingly he would have had to realized that the other 4 pilots (and crew) mutinied. So why continue to send supplies to them? I always assumed that he had realized right off the bat that something went wrong and that's why he didn't go through with dropping the colony.

Now I wonder how Lady Une is going to get her hands on Dok S...
__________________
There was never a great talent without a bit of insanity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 13:42   Link #4399
Ferhb
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brasil
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
On that I agree. I didn't expect for either of them to escape Dekim's wrath scott free. And, like you, I would LOVE to know what Trowa said or did in order to be allowed to join Mariemaia's army later on.

Getting back to why I found the suspension of supplies hilarious, wasn't the plan to have the gundams descend to earth and wreak havoc and then drop a colony? Or was it the other way around..? Anyways, even if Dekim believed that his son Trowa was alive and carrying out the plan accordingly he would have had to realized that the other 4 pilots (and crew) mutinied. So why continue to send supplies to them? I always assumed that he had realized right off the bat that something went wrong and that's why he didn't go through with dropping the colony.

Now I wonder how Lady Une is going to get her hands on Dok S...
OMG, you're so right! This series have so many details that we forget about the most basic ones...

I never asked myself, anyway, how they payed for all the damage to the MS, and rebuilding and so on. How did they do that?
Heero hacked the systems, we know that, but you can't fool a mechanic!
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 16:46   Link #4400
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
On that I agree. I didn't expect for either of them to escape Dekim's wrath scott free. And, like you, I would LOVE to know what Trowa said or did in order to be allowed to join Mariemaia's army later on.
Here you go.

Spoiler for EW manga:


Quote:
Getting back to why I found the suspension of supplies hilarious, wasn't the plan to have the gundams descend to earth and wreak havoc and then drop a colony? Or was it the other way around..?
The other way around lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
I never asked myself, anyway, how they payed for all the damage to the MS, and rebuilding and so on. How did they do that?
Heero hacked the systems, we know that, but you can't fool a mechanic!
Hmm, it's not as impossible as it seems. When Wing was first damaged, Heero was helped out by Duo (more or less). After that OZ repaired it every time it needed repairing. As far as ammo goes, he could've bought it easily seeing as his hacking skills allowed for any sum of money to surface out of nowhere.

Duo had Howard backing him and Quatre is filthy rich and had the Maguanacs, so no problem there either. Wu Fei's Gundam never took any significant damage while on Earth. The only thing he needed to worry about was fuel for his beloved flamethrower. xD Besides, I remember EZ showing him receiving a family heirloom to sell for ammo.

That leaves Trowa. He destroyed the Dover Base and attacked the Corsica Base before joining Quatre and getting his suit repaired and replenished. After that it was New Edwards and later the Treize assassination, which showed him fighting the Cancer MS with Heavyarms' knife (which could very well be taken as a sign that he was out of ammo). Assuming he needs ammo at that point, it's not implausible to think that he still has the money first given to him. After all, it would be kinda stupid to send soldiers to Earth without any cash. So that could cover his "self-destruct show." From then on he travels with Heero and gets involved in one battle (in Marseilles) before flying to Antarctica and getting likely resupplied there yet again. After that he returns to space, leaving his suit on Earth.

Well, you have to make up some stuff but it's possible.


By the way, does anyone know what happened in the chapter before the Preventer 5 stuff? You know, the one with Sabrina and Katrina with their masks on the cover. I can't find a summary for that one. Not that I'm blaming anyone. I think we all drew the line with Sorcière.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.