AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 19:20   Link #441
Azara

-we stay on topic
we were. we were talking about cover art.
Azara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 21:17   Link #442
wingzerosnuggles

I went and re-read kaijyuu_m's translation of the prologue and saw:

This file has data attached to it separate from the audio.

Blueprints and an operation manual for an "Artificial Hibernation Refrigeration Capsule".

The diagrams are simply signed "J", and there's no way to tell what sort of person prepared them. It's possible though that the elderly person in conversation with Relena Darlian here is the one.

Dr. J designed the capsule. So it's not much of a stretch to say he was the one who modeled it after Relena? Why though?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 21:32   Link #443
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I can't wait for Heero to meet her decrepit old ass. She'll probably be like "HEEEEEEEEEERO! I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO COME KILL MEEEEEEEEE!" *cue dentures falling out*
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 21:43   Link #444
wingzerosnuggles

Sumisawa wrote her as pretty much having let go of him in Preventer 5 though. He's the one who comes barging into her birthday party with a faux Gundam to try to prevent a nuclear holocaust because those Epyon de Talos (?) terrorists took over. I don't think they showed her reaction to it because it was just an "imagining" of how the plan would go down and Sumisawa purposely left that story unfinished. Now, this new novel basically retcons it. Maybe he'll pull a Mizushima/Kuroda ending like what happened with Marina.
Old 2010-10-17, 01:33   Link #445
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Sumisawa wrote her as pretty much having let go of him in Preventer 5 though. He's the one who comes barging into her birthday party with a faux Gundam to try to prevent a nuclear holocaust because those Epyon de Talos (?) terrorists took over. I don't think they showed her reaction to it because it was just an "imagining" of how the plan would go down and Sumisawa purposely left that story unfinished. Now, this new novel basically retcons it. Maybe he'll pull a Mizushima/Kuroda ending like what happened with Marina.
I hope so. That way GW shipping wars can end for the most part.
Old 2010-10-17, 09:52   Link #446
Azara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I hope so. That way GW shipping wars can end for the most part.
I wouldn't bet on it

-modelled it after Relena? Why though?

In the series during one of the times Relena and Dr.J talk I think I remember Dr.J being surprised that Heero didn't kill Relena already. He also speaks at some point to Relena of how Heero is really a very kind boy at heart, something along those lines.

So Dr.J prob figured out that Heero had feelings for Relena (of some sort anyhow) and maybe thought it'd be poetic to have Relena's image watching over him as he sleeps. Assuming the doc has the capacity for such action.

Also, I don't think Relena would need to be dead for Dr.J to do this, though she may well be.
Azara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 10:04   Link #447
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

You guys really need to stop getting bent out of shape for the "shipping" thing. It's natural that a weird yaoi fanatic like that would insinuate that sort of thing... it's engrained in their head that x and x are together, so naturally they'll pull it out any chance they can... stretching things to the point they did with their journal post.

And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2010-10-17, 19:49   Link #448
LadyRelena

I have read most of this thread and the discussions, on here and I'm really not liking where this Frozen Teardrop is going at all. From what I have gathered so far...
-Heero has been frozen all this time and still looks the same age as before
-Traze is now officially related to the original Heero Yui.
-Traze's mom is written like some lame female character from a cheesy romance novel (AKA Twilight)
-Dorthy is President and people don't seem to like her
-Duo has a son that looks like his clone and is a pain in the ass
-Hildi may or may not be the mother but it's most likely that the mother is dead anyway.
AND THE WORST PART!
-Relena is either dead or alive and an old lady

Seriously, what the hell is this!? This is not the story I fell in love with and respected. It's like a story written by some horrid fangirl or an idiot who doesn't know the characters. This whole thing feels like an attempt to kill all the shipping but judging from this all the ridiculous fanart on Pivixi, Katsuyuki Sumisawa has only managed to fan the yaoi flames even further; instead of Heero x Duo shipping now they'll just transfer the ship shit to Jr. Thats just what this sires needed, more yaoi bait. Whats worst is that whatever the outcome, it seems that Heero and Relena never got their day in the sun and never will. All those undertones, long glances, symbolism, and a off panel kiss scene, seemed to have meant nothing. They just seemed to have thrown it all away and split them up for no reason. I'm so fucking outraged I can't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Sumisawa wrote her as pretty much having let go of him in Preventer 5 though.
Are you talking about Relena? If so then there is nothing in preventer 5 supporting the idea that she "Let him go" at all. I have it right here and I just read it again to make sure. There is no reason to suggest that she doesn't still have feelings for Heero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
You guys really need to stop getting bent out of shape for the "shipping" thing. It's natural that a weird yaoi fanatic like that would insinuate that sort of thing... it's engrained in their head that x and x are together, so naturally they'll pull it out any chance they can... stretching things to the point they did with their journal post.
This is true but Katsuyuki Sumisawa doesn't need to give them anymore ammunition either (which is what he just did) Duo is too old to have sexual relations now and Relena seems permanently out of the picture, so that only leaves fucking Jr for Heero to shack up with. I love this sires and it does bother me when the creators try to revive my favorite show with some badly written squeal that basically flies in the face of it's original and gives a reason for retarded yaoi shipping to exist.

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2010-10-17 at 21:54.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 22:07   Link #449
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
This is true but Katsuyuki Sumisawa doesn't need to give them anymore ammunition either (which is what he just did) Duo is too old to have sexual relations now and Relena seems permanently out of the picture, so that only leaves fucking Jr for Heero to shack up with. I love this sires and it does bother me when the creators try to revive my favorite show with some badly written squeal that basically flies in the face of it's original and gives a reason for retarded yaoi shipping to exist.
Except that... no. People are fishing for things that aren't there.

Old 2010-10-18, 10:11   Link #450
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Except that... no. People are fishing for things that aren't there.
Something shippers never fail to do.

I understand fans getting angry with the direction Sumisawa is taking the novel but one could argue he'd be giving ammo for shippers no matter what type of story he wrote.
Old 2010-10-18, 11:46   Link #451
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I understand fans getting angry with the direction Sumisawa is taking the novel but one could argue he'd be giving ammo for shippers no matter what type of story he wrote.
THIS

Enough about the shipping crap already from all sides, it's a novel in a metaseries about giant robots. Get a grip, please.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:39   Link #452
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I'm just gonna leave this here.

コールドスリープから目覚めたヒイロの使命はリリーナを殺すこと。
リリーナを殺すこと。
リリーナ
殺すこと。
殺す

!

Heero's mission, having awakened from the cold sleep, is to kill Relena. LMAO WHAT?

Old 2010-10-22, 21:54   Link #453
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Good to know that Relena will never die by Heero's hand then.

=X
Old 2010-10-22, 21:59   Link #454
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I mean it was one of his original missions. And no fair Heero gets to be put in a cold sleep i wish the rest of the gang were in cold sleep too .(along with Zechs )
Old 2010-10-23, 01:59   Link #455
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
I'm just gonna leave this here.

コールドスリープから目覚めたヒイロの使命はリリーナを殺すこと。
リリーナを殺すこと。
リリーナ
殺すこと。
殺す

!

Heero's mission, having awakened from the cold sleep, is to kill Relena. LMAO WHAT?
Saw this on Kouryakukan as well. Good to know Babelfish was saying the same thing. I'm with you on "LMAO WHAT?" Then again, Heero has always been epic fail at following through on death threats...
Old 2010-10-23, 02:41   Link #456
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I thought Heero was over the whole "kill Relena" thing. Guess not.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 04:37   Link #457
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
I'd think he'll always try to kill Releena first, then love her after failing...
Old 2010-10-23, 04:38   Link #458
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Well I think it was mentioned that a side effect of being frozen is loss of some memory. When he was unfrozen, perhaps he was only able to remember up untill the point of the first mission he toke on at earth which was to kill relena.

He may have gaps In his memory causing him to view relena as his enemy
Old 2010-10-23, 11:13   Link #459
wingzerosnuggles

That sounds likely. Talk about throwing character development in the toilet...

Then again, Dorothy ordered Operation Mythos. Why would she want Relena dead? Can't she have someone else do it? Why defrost Heero for the job? And why would Duo help do something like that when he stated himself in a previous chapter that Relena would make a much better president?

Grr...we need context.

Also, here's this month's cover:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UVRoF5dMi7...QU/s1600/6.jpg
Old 2010-10-23, 17:13   Link #460
Elo the Blue

*Yawn*

It's looking like the random tidbits and history of the universe will be more interesting than the main story itself.

Heero has to kill Relena. Really Sumisawa?

Tags
gundam wing