AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 23:54   Link #5121
AmericanFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The latest Glory is out.
Sweet! Thanks Deacon!
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 10:02   Link #5122
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks Deacon.

Weird that Une said, "Drop a conolony..." in Chapter 25 when they already has the missile satellites in place. Regardless, two more quality chapters. I wonder if we'll get full chapters dedicated to Episodes 11 and 12.
Old 2012-12-13, 02:58   Link #5123
Eeni

Quote:
So this months Glory starts a few major diversions from the initial story. Trowa is by Heero as he wakes up, but he's wearing an OZ uniform.
So no Heero VS. Zechs rematch in Antarctica..?

Also, thanks for the translations of the manga. They're one of the few things I look forward to ^_____^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 10:43   Link #5124
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
So no Heero VS. Zechs rematch in Antarctica..?
Also, thanks for the translations of the manga. They're one of the few things I look forward to ^_____^
Have you read the chapter? They're on a tanker with Noin and on their way to meet Zechs, who's been rebuilding 01 while Heero was out.
Old 2012-12-14, 13:21   Link #5125
FalsePrime

Yeah, the rematch will most certainly happen. Even has a big moment with Heero's arm hurting him.

It does make me wonder how they will excuse him using Heavyarms though. As it is, they are already building Wing Gundam and the idea that they are hiding Heavyarms seems wrong and Trowa just randomly having it with him in Antartica for Heero to use seems odd as well.

However given how well the manga has gone, and the changes have been for the better in my mind I'm wlling to trust that they can handle it decently.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 10:29   Link #5126
Black Lion

I can't get to the chapter right now as I'm at work, but is it confirmed that Zechs is actually rebuilding Wing Gundam?

With the preview picture from last month, I guessed that Zechs would actually be building the Wing Zero (TV) since it seems to be making an appearance in the manga, and this is the most logical point to insert it because they already have the Zero System plans from the Epyon they're building as well.
Old 2012-12-15, 15:41   Link #5127
Tendou Souji

They are shown building Wing Gundam. The whole body is complete. It doesn't have wings yet though.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 02:36   Link #5128
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Have you read the chapter? They're on a tanker with Noin and on their way to meet Zechs, who's been rebuilding 01 while Heero was out.
heee.. I hadn't seen that chapter 26 was up...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 07:46   Link #5129
gordol
Banned

■新機動戦記ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップ
P387
今月はまた過去に戻ってカテリナサブリナの話。
機体公開なし。
単行本7巻は2013年1月26日発売予定。

Another month, nothing to see here again...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 16:33   Link #5130
FalsePrime

Given the new MG and both Frozen Teardrop and Glory getting books releases I think Wing is having a pretty good month overall. No need to overdue it really.
Old 2012-12-24, 18:58   Link #5131
gordol
Banned

「寂寥の狂詩曲・Ⅳ」
表紙はモノクロのヒイロ(初代)とカテリナ。
今月はまた過去に戻ってカテリナサブリナの話。

サブリナは妹・カテリナを名乗って女王に即位。
夫のエリックとの間に王女<カテリーナ>をもうける。
サブリナの妹である本物のカテリナはシス・マーキスを名乗り
公開処刑寸前のヒイロ・ユイ(初代)をワイバーンで助け出す。
ジェイ・ヌルがシャーウッドの森に参加。

挿絵はモノクロ1枚。サブリナとエリックと娘のカテリーナ。
機体公開なし。
Old 2012-12-24, 19:24   Link #5132
Tendou Souji

I said it was going to happen. I said it could happen at any time. But to tell the truth I'm not upset. FalsePrime is right. Wing is having a great December and January. As much as we want to we can't blame Sumisawa. If Bandai wanted the designs revealed they would be revealed. They have to be satisfied for the time being. Aside from that Glory is still doing great so I'm happy.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:29   Link #5133
gordol
Banned

転載
ドイツのタウラス巡航ミサイルはその要素が強いな
Target Adaptive Unitary and Dispenser Robotic Ubiquity Systemの頭文字を取ってTAURUSで、
弾頭はMulti-Effect Penetrator, HIgh Sophisticated and Target Optimised、
略してMephisto(メフィスト)と、正直アレな方向に毒されすぎだと思うw
Old 2012-12-30, 20:01   Link #5134
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just started reading the manga and Duo keeps overshadowing Heero during the first chapters just like when I watched the TV series. The pacing in some fights was kind of weird as I barely some certain Gundams fighting although the first Heero vs Zechs was detailed.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 03:36   Link #5135
anchois

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
「寂寥の狂詩曲・Ⅳ」
表紙はモノクロのヒイロ(初代)とカテリナ。
今月はまた過去に戻ってカテリナサブリナの話。

サブリナは妹・カテリナを名乗って女王に即位。
夫のエリックとの間に王女<カテリーナ>をもうける。
サブリナの妹である本物のカテリナはシス・マーキスを名乗り
公開処刑寸前のヒイロ・ユイ(初代)をワイバーンで助け出す。
ジェイ・ヌルがシャーウッドの森に参加。

挿絵はモノクロ1枚。サブリナとエリックと娘のカテリーナ。
機体公開なし。
[Rhapsody of Loneliness IV]
The title page is b/w Heero (the first) and Katerina.
This month, we again return to the past for a Katerina-Sabrina story.

Sabrina takes the name of her younger sister Katerina and becomes queen. By her husband Eric, she gives birth to the princess <Katereena>(1).

Sabrina's younger sister, the real Katerina, takes the name Six(2) Merquise and uses Wyvern to rescue Heero Yuy (the first) just before his public execution. Jay Null joins Sherwood Forest.

One b/w illustration. Sabrina and Eric and their daughter Katereena. No mecha revealed./end translation

1)Sabrina's sister/Sabrina's false name = カテリナ (katerina). Sabrina's daughter (Relena's mother) = カテリーナ (kateriina). The difference is that the third vowel is more drawn-out in the daughter's name. Katerina versus Kateriiiiiiiina. I took a cue from the spelling of Heero Yuy and tried spelling the daughter's name Katereena, although I think it looks kind of stupid. (Another idea I had was to spell it Katelena, modeled after the spelling of Relena, since their names both end in リーナ.)

2) Obligatory reminder that her name has the French pronunciation of the number, sorta like "cease."
anchois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 12:20   Link #5136
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchois View Post

Sabrina takes the name of her younger sister Katerina and becomes queen. By her husband Eric, she gives birth to the princess <Katereena>(1).

Sabrina's younger sister, the real Katerina, takes the name Six(2) Merquise and uses Wyvern to rescue Heero Yuy (the first) just before his public execution. Jay Null joins Sherwood Forest.

One b/w illustration. Sabrina and Eric and their daughter Katereena. No mecha revealed./end translation

1)Sabrina's sister/Sabrina's false name = カテリナ (katerina). Sabrina's daughter (Relena's mother) = カテリーナ (kateriina). The difference is that the third vowel is more drawn-out in the daughter's name. Katerina versus Kateriiiiiiiina. I took a cue from the spelling of Heero Yuy and tried spelling the daughter's name Katereena, although I think it looks kind of stupid. (Another idea I had was to spell it Katelena, modeled after the spelling of Relena, since their names both end in リーナ.)

2) Obligatory reminder that her name has the French pronunciation of the number, sorta like "cease."
カテリナ = Katerina/Kateryna
カテリーナ = Caterina

>>;; Yes, it's just a spelling thing.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 13:23   Link #5137
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchois View Post

With no reveal it seems like we are left hoping that Vol 7 randomly throws one out like Volume 6 did Pro.

Got to say I really hate how last minute it seems they do the covers for these things.
Old 2013-01-04, 13:30   Link #5138
anchois

Quote:
カテリナ = Katerina/Kateryna
カテリーナ = Caterina

>>;; Yes, it's just a spelling thing.
You got those spellings by doing a Japanese web/Wikipedia search for real-life examples of women whose names are katakanafied as カテリナ and カテリーナ, didn't you? ::just tried doing that and got the same results::
anchois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 00:52   Link #5139
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
No, not really :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:25   Link #5140
Million Voices

hello ^_^ *looks around*

i ve come to post here (was lookin at the thread from time to time but never got around to register n post here... and now that i do, i notice that im already registered at animesuki whysoever....lol)

anyways - its nice to see gundam wing fans (:
i found you while lookin for translations for frozen teardrop as the site i found 1st http://inchoate-oeuvre.livejournal.com/2463.html stoped translatin the light novel... Im just at chapter 4 as counted at that site [if i read the light novel's table of content correct - that should be in the 2nd volume] but as there are 6 volumes of FT, I ll need translations for the other parts - as my japanese isnt good enough to read it by myself.... *though i can look at the pictures and read a bit*

as for translations, as far as I ve read in this thread, deacon translates FT and Glory of the Losers.... I tried to find it, but I cant find the side where you post it/upload it to... the only result I got was http://www.zeonic-republic.net/ but they dont ve any translation of FT except for the prologue - though they ve Glory of the Losers...

@deacon: ありがとうございますfor doin translations (:
Million Voices is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing