AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-10, 05:17   Link #1901
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Belatedly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
How he keeps it perfectly concealed in those spandex is beyond me.
This is my theory as to why he switches to jeans in EW. He finally hit puberty, and even Heero has a little bit of self-consciousness and shame
Though really, with no pantylines in that spandex, he's gotta be free-ballin' it... XDD Hmmmm. Mysterious. Maybe it's just really that small.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 05:49   Link #1902
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Odin will claim it's not genetic. xD

And look, he's wearing jeans on the cover where he's stepping out of the capsule. Afraid of what the cold might do to his equipment? That's both literal and figurative blue balling right there. Thirty years inside a metal woman. That's just sad.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:28   Link #1903
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Odin will claim it's not genetic. xD

And look, he's wearing jeans on the cover where he's stepping out of the capsule. Afraid of what the cold might do to his equipment? That's both literal and figurative blue balling right there. Thirty years inside a metal woman. That's just sad.
Cursed maternal Japanese genes!

Yeah, but the cover with Duo Jr shows Heero nude in the capsule (which scientifically speaking makes more sense anyway, tbh) so... I guess everyone got a good eyeful (or not lol) of whatever he's got-- Okay I'm done.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:00   Link #1904
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
He could have just his pants on that'd be odd. Haha.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:39   Link #1905
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Ladies and dudes, question.

I bought this Wing DVD box and when I watched it in English, Relena's lines were like these [in certain episodes I'm not sure which]:

"I'm a close friend and we're in the same class." [Her first convo with Sally Po] and,
"Heero must be The Little Prince!" [During her 15th birthday party]

Not those exact words but something around those lines.

HOWEVER. I remember them being different when I watched it on Cartoon Network.

Her lines, when I watched it on TV then, were these:

"I'm his highschool sweetheart!" and,
"He must be The Prince Of The Stars!"

Not those exact words either but I remember it being different. Someone please enlighten me. Are there two DVD English versions? Or the DVD English audio is just different from the one aired on TV?
__________________
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:43   Link #1906
akigakuyuu
Tempest
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indiana
I can't claim to know if this is where the differences came from, but there were two English versions. The edited one for Toonami and the Unedited for Adult Swim.

My Remastered/Unedited box has the first set of lines.
__________________
Cosplaying Quatrine Oud Winner at Ikasucon 2011
akigakuyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:37   Link #1907
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Thank you.

Do you know if the edited version is also on DVD? Coz I'd like to have both.
__________________
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 22:09   Link #1908
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Ladies and dudes, question.

I bought this Wing DVD box and when I watched it in English, Relena's lines were like these [in certain episodes I'm not sure which]:

"I'm a close friend and we're in the same class." [Her first convo with Sally Po] and,
"Heero must be The Little Prince!" [During her 15th birthday party]

Not those exact words but something around those lines.

HOWEVER. I remember them being different when I watched it on Cartoon Network.

Her lines, when I watched it on TV then, were these:

"I'm his highschool sweetheart!" and,
"He must be The Prince Of The Stars!"


Not those exact words either but I remember it being different. Someone please enlighten me. Are there two DVD English versions? Or the DVD English audio is just different from the one aired on TV?
Relena's exact words were:

"I am a close friend of his and we're in the same class."

"Then... does that make Heero? Is he a "Little Prince"?"

I could be wrong but I don't think there's a difference between the unedited version CN aired and the DVD releases, especially considering GW has only been officially dubbed by one group.

I don't believe the edited versions have been released on DVD. They were released on VHS though, according to Wiki.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 11:01   Link #1909
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
@Deacon Maybe his tank top was there but just had a really low neckline? Bah, who knows? Not like his choice of clothing would help against the cold at all. Going in for cryofreeze and he still insists on a tank top. Even after he's defrosted, he wears the tank top under his Preventer jacket.

Also, on a random note:


I refuse to believe any one other than Hilde could be that brat's mother. Even her DO NOT WANT face is cute.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 15:34   Link #1910
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Wing's been pretty pr0n free though if you don't count Treize in his hot tub or Trowa ogling Catherine in her bra and daisy dukes. Oh look, Sumisawa was into incest even way back then... If Trowa/Cathy Bloom happens, I will lol so hard.
Ugh, that would be wrong on so many levels... As for the other stuff, don't forget the scene in which Duo thinks he's busting out Heero and Relena from a prison cell on Libra but ends up walking into ...something different. I still have no clue who the heck that was.
But yeah, Wing isn't pervy in terms of visuals. No bouncing boobs or what have you. The lyrics though...
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 17:19   Link #1911
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Ugh, that would be wrong on so many levels... As for the other stuff, don't forget the scene in which Duo thinks he's busting out Heero and Relena from a prison cell on Libra but ends up walking into ...something different. I still have no clue who the heck that was.
But yeah, Wing isn't pervy in terms of visuals. No bouncing boobs or what have you. The lyrics though...
That always cracks me up. Had Duo simply blew open the door, opened it and said what he said, I would have thought nothing of it but the camera showing one of the scientists stirring in his sleep(or do something else) for a split-second before just made the whole scene very weird.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:18   Link #1912
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Ugh, that would be wrong on so many levels... As for the other stuff, don't forget the scene in which Duo thinks he's busting out Heero and Relena from a prison cell on Libra but ends up walking into ...something different. I still have no clue who the heck that was.
But yeah, Wing isn't pervy in terms of visuals. No bouncing boobs or what have you. The lyrics though...
"I want to express this unfading passion with my entire body, tonight!" *wink, wink* XD
__________________
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:56   Link #1913
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Scientist yaoi? xD That cyborg arm of J's could do interesting things...
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:42   Link #1914
Samiia
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scranton, PA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
That always cracks me up. Had Duo simply blew open the door, opened it and said what he said, I would have thought nothing of it but the camera showing one of the scientists stirring in his sleep(or do something else) for a split-second before just made the whole scene very weird.
I never understood what was going on in that scene. I thought it was something sexual since someones limb was moving in the darkness and that's kind of shady...but I did NOT know that it was a scientist?? Creepy.

I love Hilde <3 I hope she is the brats mom!!

Btw, does anyone know what this means?
@Samiia_x3 おう。ヨロシクな、Samantha Preston先輩。
This is from Duo Jr on twitter. Nooo idea what it says but it's probably not nice :3
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 03:39   Link #1915
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
Btw, does anyone know what this means?
@Samiia_x3 おう。ヨロシクな、Samantha Preston先輩。
This is from Duo Jr on twitter. Nooo idea what it says but it's probably not nice :3
All of his results are automated. He's just saying:

"[Ou- appears to be a verb conjugation but dunno what of]. Yoroshiku [this is a greeting meaning 'nice to meet you', basically], Samantha Preston-senpai".

So it's more or less polite. It's just what he says to Heero when he first meets him (I think? Or based on it anyway.) I assume Samantha Preston is in your bio or something? (Which I just checked and it is, so. XD)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 06:28   Link #1916
frozen-teardrop
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: everywhere and nowhere
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, though I have been lurking and following this thread for some time. First heard the news about a novel being in the works via tv tropes. Just wanted to write a quick Thank You message to everyone involved in scanning and translating Frozen Teardrop (and Glory of the Defeated). And I'll extend that to thanking everyone who contributed to this thread. It really is refreshing to see a civilised discussion, especially on Gundam Wing.
frozen-teardrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 06:31   Link #1917
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The land down under.
Welcome to the thread!
__________________
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:00   Link #1918
Samiia
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scranton, PA
Age: 25
Oh okay! Yeah Samantha is my name, Samiia being the Korean way of saying it. Are there any more character bots? I don't understand Japanese but i'd still like to follow them


Pretty random...but, here's a picture of fat Duo/DuoJr. hamster nomming on a shrimp!

Spoiler:
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:20   Link #1919
Kitsoru
:3c
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
Oh okay! Yeah Samantha is my name, Samiia being the Korean way of saying it. Are there any more character bots? I don't understand Japanese but i'd still like to follow them
There's a whole list of them here: http://twitter.com/#/list/Duo_Jr/gw
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 23:56   Link #1920
wingzerosnuggles
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
So I was thinking...wasn't there something said about the Lightning Queen and her files being included with Relena's uploads? Any chance she'll be channeling her? Like, I dunno, some weird past life thing. Looking at Sumisawa's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lightning Queen looked exactly like Relena and if her King resembled Heero. But then this would be Gundam Geass with body snatching and whatnot...
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.