AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 166
091 - 100: Amazing... 71 55.04%
081 - 090: Great... 34 26.36%
071 - 080: Very Good... 11 8.53%
061 - 070: Good... 6 4.65%
051 - 060: Average... 2 1.55%
041 - 050: Below Average... 2 1.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-24, 09:12   Link #21
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hmmm.. it's late and I'm not playing this full volume so I'm not getting the soundtracks they're using. The animation, as expected, is top notch, but I was surprised that they used so much time on the flashback-ing. Oh well. Next episode will be just as awesome.

Also <3 Shikamaru narrating the preview.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:13   Link #22
Bombo
TSF Fans

WOW WOW WOW
This episode over 9000...Amazing episode...Great sound track...Hinata death..Sad soooooooooooooo sad and last 5min EPIC EPIC EPIC

HINATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Ma frog when she shutting her mouth from pain ..Its funny scene .

Last edited by Bombo; 2010-06-24 at 10:11.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:33   Link #23
Marvx360x

Too much flash backs at the start, they were a bit annoying. I was annoyed by Hinata at the start she was so Sakura-ish. It got better at the end of the episode though. The part where she gets killed was done really well.

Thumbs up for animation aswell, it looked great.

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:39   Link #24
liltrey321
Gundamhead

I enjoyed the episode, but I dont think in the manga the battle was this drawn out. It was just charge shinra tensei and boom.
liltrey321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:59   Link #25
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltrey321 View Post
I enjoyed the episode, but I dont think in the manga the battle was this drawn out. It was just charge shinra tensei and boom.
It wasn't. But the anime doesn't need to be a perfect replica of the manga to be good. It's an adaptation after all.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:05   Link #26
james0246

Good:

-Hanabi is adorable...especially when she kicks Hinata's ass. I wish there was a Hanabi filler arc, her and Konohamaru's teams going out, doing genin stuff. That would be nice...

-Structure of the episode was a little uneven (the flashbacks were not strictly localized to Hinata, so their arrangement, however nice, sometimes made little sense to the story going on in the episode), but the construction of the individual scenes was quite good and the editing was top-notch (360 pan = amazing).

-Damn Hinata's got a shiny head...Nice 360 pan, though.

-Pain shutting up Ma Toad was epic...if only he could have done the exact same thing to Hinata...

-Hinata going after the control rods was quite good. In the manga she just confesses, attacks Pain, then 'dies', here she actually tries to help Naruto. This was the only filler scene (of this arc) I wish had been in the manga...though, when you think about it, destroying the top of the rods, but leaving the bottom section stuck in Naruto, would actually make it harder to withdraw the rods (leaving shards instead), but I guess I shouldn't really look to Naruto for realism .

-Thankfully, the image of Hinata with only half her Byakugan activated was excised from the anime. That half-Byakugan image was fugly.

-And finally, the music choice, and the use of silence.

Bad:

-There is no reaction shot of Naruto after Hinata's confession. True the confession was more for her than for him, but this is a pivotal moment for Naruto, and there is no reaction shot. Hell, I'm not even sure if Naruto heard her, considering there was no reaction shot. This was probably the worst part of the episode.

-This is the first time in awhile now that one episode has covered less than 1 chapter. And while this isn't that bad (the filler scenes in this episode were quite good), I am left wondering why one of the top animators in the series was given the task of animating less than 1 chapter and then including a bunch of (good) filler (yes, I know Suzuki likes Hinata, but that is a pretty shitty excuse).

-In no way shape or form can Hinata even damage an injured Pain (I don't care that Nagato spit up some blood, I still call foul on this filler hit). Another Path? Sure, that's fine, I might have even enjoyed that fight, but not Deva. This was clearly fan bias on the part of the anime crew unwilling to let Hinata just be bitch slapped...

-And, finally, Chibi-Hinata with weird blotches on her cheeks and in her little training garb = ugly.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-24 at 10:25.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:11   Link #27
liltrey321
Gundamhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It wasn't. But the anime doesn't need to be a perfect replica of the manga to be good. It's an adaptation after all.
Yeah I know it added to her motivations to saving Naruto and how he impacted her life. I didn't say it was a bad thing
liltrey321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:24   Link #28
Cream

I cried a bit, A TINY BIT! Not a lot, like one tear fell and I didnt wipe it off .
Hinata!!!!!!! Q_Q
Great episode but they still left us guess whats gonna happen next.
Old 2010-06-24, 10:29   Link #29
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This was clearly fan bias on the part of the anime crew unwilling to let Hinata just be bitch slapped...
How where they "unwilling to let Hinata just be bitch slapped"? She was tossed repeatedly and bleeding by the end of the "fight".
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:32   Link #30
Ilija
Blah

I'm kinda pissed off they saved the good animation for an episode which was 75% flashbacks. And because Hinata is such a boring character, I didn't get anything from her 'I love you blahblahblah *dies*'. It was all dissapointing. Oh well, at least the ending was great Next episode better not dissapoint!
Old 2010-06-24, 10:41   Link #31
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
How where they "unwilling to let Hinata just be bitch slapped"? She was tossed repeatedly and bleeding by the end of the "fight".
I kind of agree. Besides getting that one hit in, I felt worse for her in this one than I did the manga. Pain seemed so cruel to wait until she was right back at Naruto before blowing her away every time. It was like he enjoyed just watching her hobble around hopelessly just until she got close enough to think she may still be able to help.

I'm wishing I gave the episode a higher rating now. The more I watch it, the more I really like some of the filler moments. I think the prolonged fight and that new flash back only added to the emotions and gave the entire thing more meaning.

Still hate those red dots and the missing scene at the end though
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:53   Link #32
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
This episode was so amazing. I never got it in the manga. It was like a one-hit kill and totally underrated Hinata. Of course she could not win, but that doesn't matter as long as she wasn't killed in one shot.

I totally like her new looks. She's like a different person now. She actually looks very sexy. Naruto changed the Hyuuga a lot, didn't he? Well, actually... did he or was it Neji who impressed Hinata's father with his skills rather than Naruto talking?
It doesn't matter.

It was pretty sad how everyone treated Naruto. He saved Hinata, the successor of the Hyuuga head family... and they let him bite the dust and don't help him up. That's just very rude and not so noble at all.

Hinata was very brave to stand up against Pain. She witnessed her hometown being destroyed by that man and she saw the battle between Naruto and him, so she knew what she was up against - and she didn't tremble.

Maybe we'll have to wait for a while, but the stakes are up high for NaruHina.
Old 2010-06-24, 10:57   Link #33
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
Did she actually get penetrated in the manga?
I lol'd, the innuendo!
Old 2010-06-24, 10:58   Link #34
Scoob

Dude Hinata rocked, she hit Pain in the face. The anime did her justice compared to the manga.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:04   Link #35
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
Hinata's moment wasn't about actually succeeding, it was solely about trying. A young girl trying to change herself. A young girl trying to find her place in the world. And, the young boy who, through his actions and words of encouragement, helped her find a way. Hinata actually hitting Pain (even if he/it wasn't hurt at all), especially due to a stupid reason, just seems so superficial when the entire point of Hinata's appearance had nothing to do with actually striking Pain. It was the anime team deciding that Hinata looked shitty, so they gave her a bone by allowing her to touch Pain. Sorry, I thought it was both a disservice to her character growth (from minimal to moderate ), and a disservice to Pain/Nagato.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:20   Link #36
Isekaijin

It has been more than 100 episodes since I last watched Naruto. And I really enjoyed this one. Guess I'll watch it again.

Weird. This episode has made me realize that I was a NaruHina fan all along, despite my constant refusal to take sides on that matter.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 12:51   Link #37
iBeast

Not surprised you Hinata fans voted his episode so high...even though 3/4 of this episode wasn't involved in the Manga whatsoever.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 13:07   Link #38
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Ok seriously, when did Naruto get so damn depressing. This isn't goddamn Ash Garden, its Naruto for f***'s sake. I mean, everything was so damn sad in this episode. Tragic encounters, flashback and violin music always ready to make you feel even more depressed. So naturally you'd be shocked when I say that this episode was amazing. Yeah the animation wasn't crisp and all that but the presentation was top-notch, and this is comming from a guy who isn't a Hinata-fan. Hinata's history with Naruto, the timed silence between her "I love you" line and her eventual defeat are just great. And even if most of this stuff was not included in the manga, it is in my opinion something that should have been a part of it. An amazing episode and I look forward to Naruto's mighty wrath next episode.
Old 2010-06-24, 13:10   Link #39
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Pain is really a monster in terms of strength, I also liked it how he basically beat Naruto verbally by saying that there is no justice and that fear is the only way to accomplish peace on a global scale.

The animation quality wasn't phenomenal but a huge improvement over the previous two episdoes, if I remember correctly, even if there wasn't much to animate. That one piece of music is really overused in the anime, but who cares, I'm a sucker for orchestras and choirs.
Hinata getting lethaly injured by that fall was a little surprising after all the DBZ action lately, but her death(?) was believable enough and beautifully staged (don't get me wrong here!).

However, the flashbacks felt a little too long and forced, I gave the episode a "Very Good".
Old 2010-06-24, 13:11   Link #40
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
i culdnt take this episode seriously cuz of hinata's flopping around in the air like a rag doll, which had me rolling
Ditto this. The rest of the episode was good, but this really detracted from it. The typical "bounce on ground a lot" kind of flying would have been a much better alternative. The air bounce was just sort of goofy.

Tags
weekly episode discussion