AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 12:42   Link #101
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Watching her take off her dress to put on the lingerie was more fascinating. >_>
Oh yeah
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 13:07   Link #102
darlliu

Arakawa is amazing. The comedy to drama transition is so natural because the comedy itself often builds up meanings and reflects the deeper feelings of the characters.

For example, Nino's reaction to Ric listening to the tape was exactly a lizard like frightened and flight reaction. So it made sense that later she admitted she was not angry but afraid.
Old 2010-10-22, 14:30   Link #103
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Horrible taste in what?
Clothes?

Actually, I was referring to his taste in women.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 18:14   Link #104
firehawk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've been wondering, after this episode, do you think Ric's and Nino's relationship will be the same? Up until this point, Nino wasn't entirely sure about Ric's feelings for her, and Ric wasn't entirely sure about Nino's feelings (her own insecurities included) either. However, now both of them are aware of those things.

Do you think they will continue the same as always, or do you expect a change in their behaviour (at the very least, when they are together)?
I have to imagine that this season's arc will be focused on developing their relationship, especially since it looks like Ric has gotten over his daddy issues from last season.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 03:51   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Clothes?

Actually, I was referring to his taste in women.
Maria is a very nice woman to be with... if you're a masochist.
Old 2010-10-23, 08:15   Link #106
Tsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've been wondering, after this episode, do you think Ric's and Nino's relationship will be the same? Up until this point, Nino wasn't entirely sure about Ric's feelings for her, and Ric wasn't entirely sure about Nino's feelings (her own insecurities included) either. However, now both of them are aware of those things.

Do you think they will continue the same as always, or do you expect a change in their behaviour (at the very least, when they are together)?
Personally, I'm expecting more problems from outside factors.

The existence of such a mysterious box and casette tape and Nino's reaction regarding it can tell us something about her.

Something I love about Arakawa is the setting. A gang of homeless people live happily under a bridge in a seemingly well structured society. They may have ridiculous pecularities in some cases; most of them seem to be, somehow, 'roleplaying', maybe to forget about their previous miserable existences, or because they have something or someone to run away from, or just because the author decided it's a fun thing. It's a comedy after all.

But Nino is the most mysterious character of the bunch, no doubt. She's a weirdo like the rest of her companions, but the continuous references to her being a Venusian makes anyone doubt about if she could ACTUALLY be one or not.

The tape makes me go for the theory of her actually being the real non-human on the cast. Sister looks ridiculous but he can be a war veteran, P-Ko has a completely unhealthy and antinatural hair color but it can be just a light effect, the Mayor and Star are (kinda) proven to have outfits, Stella's magnification can be just a metaphor and the metalhead kids can be orphans with mental problems, as much as Whitey.

But Nino has motherf*cking artifacts from Venus. Or so they seem. They could still be fakes. Or even something totally unrelated to aliens and completely senseless, that depends on how stupid the author will decide the development can get.

The point is that, after this message, Nino (at least to me) seems to be called back to Venus to develop her functions as the Princess, which can have quite a good spectrum of possible meanings, considering the nature of the series. The inevitable goodbye can be what made her afraid of losing Ric if he knew about the contents of the tape.

Breaking two lovers apart is something terrible, not depending on the social status or the procedence of each and their obligations.

So yeah, the fun of watching this relationship develop is that they're gonna fight quite a lot not only to know and understand each other better, but also to stay together no matter what difficulties they will face.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 16:03   Link #107
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I think everyone on the cast is human.

I don't think Whitey has mental problems, at least not more than anyone else in the cast. I've never understood why he doesn't just go home, since he has that chalk thing to make white lines . . . maybe problems with the wife?

I've always thought the metal kids really were runaways from some facility, though again, no more mental problems than anyone else there.

Nina is probably from a rich family, and like everyone else, she decided to run away from her life for one reason or another.

Also, I've always thought that Stella hulking up really happens.
Old 2010-10-23, 19:59   Link #108
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
Something I love about Arakawa is the setting. A gang of homeless people live happily under a bridge in a seemingly well structured society. They may have ridiculous pecularities in some cases; most of them seem to be, somehow, 'roleplaying', maybe to forget about their previous miserable existences, or because they have something or someone to run away from, or just because the author decided it's a fun thing. It's a comedy after all.
That, Last Samurai's and Star's reasons have already been given last season. This season we should see the past of Billy (parrot) and Bee lady and probably the what Sister and Maria is doing under the bridge. Chief's is already shown partially at the end of last season.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 20:10   Link #109
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
That, Last Samurai's and Star's reasons have already been given last season. This season we should see the past of Billy (parrot) and Bee lady and probably the what Sister and Maria is doing under the bridge. Chief's is already shown partially at the end of last season.
I'm pretty sure Last samurai's reason wasn't show last season. That or I totally missed something. I mean he was formally introduced during the last episode of season 1 right?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 21:32   Link #110
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 02:13   Link #111
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'm pretty sure Last samurai's reason wasn't show last season. That or I totally missed something. I mean he was formally introduced during the last episode of season 1 right?
Yeah I think I got my memory mixed up In that case we'll see it this season.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:03   Link #112
twasdfzxcv

If i remember correctly in the manga this scene wasn't really mentioned or explained in the later chapters. Things just carry on being the typical nonsense gags. One needs to remember that this series is comedy first romance second. So it is very likely that this topic won't be touched until the next touchy/romance/character development section comes up again, which would be quite a while.
twasdfzxcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 09:46   Link #113
Ottocycle

On the latest episode I have only 2 things to say.

Can Maria get any hotter?
Spoiler:
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 10:33   Link #114
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Watching her take off her dress to put on the lingerie was more fascinating. >_>

Sister has horrible taste, but at least he has excellent sight.

Also . . . she wasn't wearing a bra. So . . . does she . . . never wear . . . . . . . I need more Maria in my Arakawa.
Yes...Maria is...so hot. Beautiful body, pretty hair and what makes it all work is Sawashiro Miyuki's voice.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 12:30   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes...Maria is...so hot. Beautiful body, pretty hair and what makes it all work is Sawashiro Miyuki's voice.
Let's not forget her dialogue. Though then again that all depends on the person if you find that hot or not, and i sure do.

Guess i just love hearing Sawashiro Miyuki talk down on people.
Old 2010-10-26, 20:25   Link #116
solomon

Without saying much about episode 4;

BEST.FILM.EVER

and also

coincidental Halloween ep FTW
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 21:11   Link #117
Ottocycle

I don't know how many of us care about this, but here's the news anyway.

BGM soundtrack for the first and second series due out 22/12/2010.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 03:32   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
I don't know how many of us care about this, but here's the news anyway.

BGM soundtrack for the first and second series due out 22/12/2010.
I sure do. Glad it's finally being released. It's not everyday a SHAFT series has a soundtrack release, so i'm pleased.
Old 2010-10-28, 09:25   Link #119
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Arakawa Under the Video Production 04 - House on Haunted Hill:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 09:36   Link #120
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

So . . . did this episode just prove that Stella's hulking up really happens? xD

Also, it seems like we rarely see loli Stella.

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen