AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-06-29, 18:13   Link #21
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Omaeda never did a single thing of what was shown in anime. All he did was cut off her arm and she looked kinda thankful in those panels, she even gave him advice of what to do when she left to prepare bankai!

And Omaeda never ran to catch her, he was already smashed in the building in which she was smashed as well.

Everything else is a complete filler on Omaeda's part.

So it is fine for Byakuya to have fetish about killing Rukia but it isn't fine for Soi Fon to have same fetish towards Omaeda? And Omaeda is 100 times more annoying than Rukia and is in no way related to her.

I think Byakuya is being far worse bastard at this point.

And the reason why I brought him into disscussion is because their personalities are almost indetical, only gender is different. And just look what a HUGE difference the gender makes in opinions. You guys are SEXISTS!
Bakuya cares for rukia, he just doesnt show it. where Soifon "might" care for omaeda but doesnt show it... at all...

Quote:

And duno what YoruSoi has to do with anything.
it has to do what wont ever happen like you said about soifon sayin thanks to omaeda.

btw, chill the hell out.
Old 2010-06-29, 18:18   Link #22
kitten320

If she didn't show it at all, Omaeda would be dead long time ago. She saved his ass many times and gave him numerouse advices.

And when did Omaeda say at least one "thank you" for that?

And yes Byakuya does care but it still doesn't kill the fact that he tried to kill her, can't belive that everyone let him off hook just for one sorry. He was a real bastard towards her till that point and he didn't say a single thank you to Ichigo for the help nor sorry to Renji who would have died if Unohana didn't pass by.

So yes, if Soi Fon is a bastard so is he.
Old 2010-06-29, 18:18   Link #23
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
So it is fine for Byakuya to have fetish about killing Rukia but it isn't fine for Soi Fon to have same fetish towards Omaeda? And Omaeda is 100 times more annoying than Rukia and is in no way related to her.
WAIT... I never thought about SoiFon having a secret Fetish about Oomaeda... that is just disturbing! At least Rukia is prettier and looks a lot like Byakuya's ex which is why I would justify his secret fetish....but Oomaeda being the object of a fetish? ... omg lol

Quote:
I think Byakuya is being far worse bastard at this point.
Hes always been but he doesn't let the small things annoy him... but a bastard he is...

Quote:
And the reason why I brought him into disscussion is because their personalities are almost indetical, only gender is different. And just look what a HUGE difference the gender makes in opinions. You guys are SEXISTS!
Sexist me? LOL ... ur cracking me up, if anyone should be called sexist is KUBO, I am just telling it like it is! But if u don't see the difference allow me to enlighten u, Kubo wouldn't allow Byakuya to be in a similar situation because he would be killing his "best game" .. the same goes for that lil ice boy.

Besides, Byakuya has always been a bastard but he doesn't let the small things annoy him which is one of the main differences between SoiFon and him... to put it simply... If Yachiru was bothering SoiFon during a women's association meeting she would acknowledge Yachiru and thus she would be bothered by her behavior without doing much to stop it.... Byakuya on the other hand would stuff Yachiru's mouth with a big bread/candy which he always seems to have stored under his sleeve....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 18:26   Link #24
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
WAIT... I never thought about SoiFon having a secret Fetish about Oomaeda... that is just disturbing! At least Rukia is prettier and looks a lot like Byakuya's ex which is why I would justify his secret fetish....but Oomaeda being the object of a fetish? ... omg lol
That's not what I meant. The point was that it is fine for Byakuya to kill his kind sister but it isn't fine for Soi Fon to kill Omaeda who is not related to her and is annoying like hell?

Quote:
Sexist me? LOL ... ur cracking me up, if anyone should be called sexist is KUBO, I am just telling it like it is! But if u don't see the difference allow me to enlighten u, Kubo wouldn't allow Byakuya to be in a similar situation because he would be killing his "best game" .. the same goes for that lil ice boy.

Besides, Byakuya has always been a bastard but he doesn't let the small things annoy him which is one of the main differences between SoiFon and him... to put it simply... If Yachiru was bothering SoiFon during a women's association meeting she would acknowledge Yachiru and thus she would be bothered by her behavior without doing much to stop it.... Byakuya on the other hand would stuff Yachiru's mouth with a big bread/candy which he always seems to have stored under his sleeve....
I agree with that, Kubo surely is and that pisses me off.

If Renji would be running around and screaming like a little girl, I doubt Byakuya would be silent.

Why do you think so? I can actually see her bringing Yachiru back to Zaraki or asking Omaeda to do something since they are both VC. And even if she would just ignore her, what's wrong with that? She is not screaming nor attacking Yachiru so I see no pronlem there.

It actually would look like she is less bothered than Byakuya since she doesn't take any actions.
Old 2010-06-29, 18:33   Link #25
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Omaeda was kind enough to not run away like a cry baby and save soifon's butt a few times. I'd say he has a fair amount of coolness about him. like when he faught barragan's fraccion and went all bad ass on him. If he wasnt spoiled and fat i bet soifon wouldnt call him disgusting.
Old 2010-06-29, 18:36   Link #26
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
That's not what I meant. The point was that it is fine for Byakuya to kill his kind sister but it isn't fine for Soi Fon to kill Omaeda who is not related to her and is annoying like hell?
Ahh but there is a difference between the 2... allow me to elaborate:

1. Rukia = Byakuya's ex = secret fetish ... but regardless how it is put, Rukia doesn't deserve to be killed cause she ain't annoying. Her life is only threatened by Byakuya's fetish lol.

2. OTOH ...Oomaeda deserves to be killed, heck I would have had this guy executed from the very first ep he appeared in. It just so happens that his wacky antics have proven to be rather helpful for SoiFon this time around n by that I mean, his pathetic conflict evation was enough to entertain Barragan while she was wrapping that turban around her waist to anchor that nuke.

Quote:
I agree with that, Kubo surely is and that pisses me off.

If Renji would be running around and screaming like a little girl, I doubt Byakuya would be silent.

Why do you think so? I can actually see her bringing Yachiru back to Zaraki or asking Omaeda to do something since they are both VC. And even if she would just ignore her, what's wrong with that? She is not screaming nor attacking Yachiru so I see no pronlem there.

It actually would look like she is less bothered than Byakuya since she doesn't take any actions.
They are both hypothetical situations so .... yeah it could be
Old 2010-06-29, 18:43   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i bet soifon wishes hisagi was her LT
Old 2010-06-29, 18:52   Link #28
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i bet soifon wishes hisagi was her LT
Yeah but it makes u wonder... do the Capts have any saying as to who gets to be their LT? It sure seems to me like they do, otherwise Shunsui wouldn't have had 2 hawt chicks as LT..... the weird thing is, SoiFon dislikes Oomaeda, yet she sticks w him .... there is bound to be someone better out there....right?
Old 2010-06-29, 18:59   Link #29
kitten320

That's the problem with anime edited stuff, since majority of it never happened in manga so there was no huge need to say thanks to him. It would be akward if they added such part.

But who knows, she may say thanks after everything is over. Though I doubt it but everything is possible.

And as I said she had saved him countless of times before, what he did now is just the slightest of what he could do to return the debt to her for always being saved and given useful lectures even if they were done in mean way.

And lol I would take Hisagi over Omaeda any day
She probably would replace him with anyone except Yachiru but Hisagi probably would be the best chooce. They both hae slightly simiar views and had experienced betrayal.

I think Omaeda bought his place and there is nothing she can do about it.
Old 2010-06-29, 19:29   Link #30
Langus
Optimus Prime

@ kitten - People are entitled to like who they like and not like who they choose to. That's the beauty of living in a free society. Trying to force people to see the series YOUR way is pointless and only going to be increasingly frustrating for you.
Old 2010-06-29, 19:35   Link #31
kitten320

I don't want them to like what I do, I just want them to be fair =/
I don't mind people hating Soi Fon but I want it to be for something reasonable and that the blame they place can't be related to someone they like.
You have to be blind not to see the similarities between those too. I'll be fair, I'm not Byakuya fan but I have nothing against him since he reminds me of Soi Fon in many cases =/

It is just un-fair how differently characters are treated because of gender... not only characters. Take the real world, if guy is cheating and sleeping with bunch of girls it is fine but if the girl does she is immediately called slut and is disrespected! Where is the fairness?
Old 2010-06-29, 20:02   Link #32
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
I don't mind people hating Soi Fon but I want it to be for something reasonable and that the blame they place can't be related to someone they like.
You have to be blind not to see the similarities between those too. I'll be fair, I'm not Byakuya fan but I have nothing against him since he reminds me of Soi Fon in many cases =/
I hate most bleach characters with the same passion and intensity however it wouldn't be fair to say Byukuya = SoiFon = IceBoy = Old Man because they all act high and mighty ...but since Kubo keeps blowing me away with his cunning story-lines and never ending plot twists I stick with the show </yeah, this was sarcasm>, even tho he clearly has a thing for cute boys (u can see what I mean in the latest manga issue) .... so yeah Kubo is sexist ....

Quote:
It is just un-fair how differently characters are treated because of gender... not only characters. Take the real world, if guy is cheating and sleeping with bunch of girls it is fine but if the girl does she is immediately called slut and is disrespected! Where is the fairness?
When guys behave that way I believe the proper term is:

Sex Addiction (Other variations include SexLexia)

^ It is a disease and we have to pray to G-d so that these poor unsuspecting men are cured some day from this horrible condition. Shunsui (capt) has shown signs of suffering from this condition.. the poor soul!

And when women do it.. yeah.. u got it right
Old 2010-06-29, 20:32   Link #33
TheRime

Quote:

I actually agree with you. It's a really common double standard: male character acts cold/uncaring/jerky to others, he's "cool" or "edgy" or "a bad boy (but still cool!)" A female character acts that way (especially against male characters, how dare she!), she's an unforgivable b*tch. I think it's the perception that girls are "supposed" to be sweet, caring, and fluffy, and if they go against that, they're going against their own nature and deserve to die.

HOWEVER, in this case, I DO think Soifon is slightly worse than Byakuya. Byakuya is pretty bad, I admit. He sliced Renji up into a bloody pulp and acts like a jerk to Ichigo and co, even after the SS arc. But he was never outright NASTY to his subordinates just cuz. Soifon, in my opinion, overdoes it a little with the "get away from me, you're so gross" comments. (But apparently, she told Vega that the reason she does this is for his good, cuz a good commander needs to remain at odds with their subordinates!)
TheRime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:46   Link #34
astrallionheart

What Soi Fon is doing is categorized as "rude", Byakuya on the other hand treats his subordinates as sub-human. I'd take the rude one any day.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:51   Link #35
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I think this topic is worth a separate thread.... so far 2 Female members claim Bleach is actually sexist, I wonder how many more see it that way?

Yeap this would be a good discussion topic
Old 2010-06-29, 20:54   Link #36
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
What Soi Fon is doing is categorized as "rude", Byakuya on the other hand treats his subordinates as sub-human. I'd take the rude one any day.
I think the correct term for byakuya's actions is that he "categorizes" you... Ofc with him at the very top, and you quite far below. Its the class system (upper, middle, lower).

As for women's right. None of you have the "right" to say anything about it IMO until you have come from a 1st/2nd world country and gone to a 3rd world one to see just what rights women actually have -_-. Women's rights have come a long way in developed countries and to banter at such a thing like what I have seen here...
Old 2010-06-29, 21:02   Link #37
kitten320

I have come in contact with a lot of different people from different countries so I have an idea of how it is in different places but in my country it is that way: cheating guy has to be tolerated but cheating girl is a slut =/
Really sad... of course there are different people, I'm not saying that everyone but majority is.

And yeh I do agree that Soi is not perfect and that sometimes I want to smack her myself...

But I'm glad that we could come to understanding^^
Old 2010-06-29, 21:07   Link #38
Maxtro

*Trying to bring this thread back on topic.

I was blown away by the power of Soi Fon's bankai. From the ending of the last episode I thought it was going to fail and #2 would still be alive. Guess that isn't the case. If her bankai really was that powerful, why didn't she just shoot it at Aizen and friends and end the whole thing?

Stark's release was totally unexpected. It completely suits him yet it's still a WTF?

The omake was great. Magic tricks and then, "You've lose your will to fight" said in complete deadpan.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 21:29   Link #39
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
I think the correct term for byakuya's actions is that he "categorizes" you... Ofc with him at the very top, and you quite far below. Its the class system (upper, middle, lower).

As for women's right. None of you have the "right" to say anything about it IMO until you have come from a 1st/2nd world country and gone to a 3rd world one to see just what rights women actually have -_-. Women's rights have come a long way in developed countries and to banter at such a thing like what I have seen here...
I"m sorry, but.... WHAT? If we see sexism, we should just bite our tongues and deal with it, because other people have it worse? You're making women's rights sound like a privilege, which it's NOT. It's something that belongs to everyone, not just people who have it worse than 1st worlders.

As for Bleach and Soifon, I'm actually pretty surprised how "un-sexist" it is. Soifon's bankai is the first female's bankai we've ever seen (I think), and I'm pleasantly surprised by how BADASS it is. I was expecting something pretty or stereotypically feminine (like Rukia's beautiful, ribbon-clad sword or Unohana's Creature of Motherly Healing) but I was really happy when she got a bankai with such brute force. Another thing I love about Soifon is that she's unapologetically nasty, without the need to be overly angsty at the same time.

Last edited by TheRime; 2010-06-29 at 21:39. Reason: Wanted to add more.
TheRime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 23:13   Link #40
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

heh @
Spoiler:
Kookee2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote