AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-07-01, 09:38   Link #61
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Since when is it sexist to have girls not be as strong as guys? That's just a science fact.
What does science have to do with a show about ghost samurai fighting masked Mexican monsters?
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 12:40   Link #62
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
What does science have to do with a show about ghost samurai fighting masked Mexican monsters?
and that there is a lurking Mexican inside a Japanese high school student whom can turn into said ghost samurai??

silly argument is silly :3
Kookee2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 05:23   Link #63
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that. What YOU'RE suggesting, however, is that women who have more rights than those in 3rd world countries should just STFU if they encounter anything sexist. You're the one who said we have no "right" to banter about it, because we're 1st worlders.
Yes I did say that you have no right. Because in my opinion you have very little to no understanding of the concept of womens rights and yet you vent your un-needed anger/fustration in an anime thread where sexism has little if any role at all. Go ahead and banter about it just know that its like puffing smoke into the air, it might create a little fuzz and then it just fades away. Hell its even like crying "WOLF" when the actual "wolf" turns out to be a cat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
@ TheRime: I think what Lumir means is that it's sort of treading on another culture's beliefs. Correct me if I'm wrong, Lumir.
Yes that is correct and also only part of what i was getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
and that there is a lurking Mexican inside a Japanese high school student whom can turn into said ghost samurai??

silly argument is silly :3
Yes absolutely correct. Especially when there is none.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:40   Link #64
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Yes I did say that you have no right. Because in my opinion you have very little to no understanding of the concept of womens rights and yet you vent your un-needed anger/fustration in an anime thread where sexism has little if any role at all. Go ahead and banter about it just know that its like puffing smoke into the air, it might create a little fuzz and then it just fades away. Hell its even like crying "WOLF" when the actual "wolf" turns out to be a cat...

Yes that is correct and also only part of what i was getting at.

Yes absolutely correct. Especially when there is none.
Basically what you're trying to imply is because somewhere else there is a person experiencing more sexism or a more extreme version of it then lesser forms of sexism people as they perceive it as aren't valid or important. Look just because you have worse crime in 3rd world countries does that mean you can't complain about crimes in your neighborhood? Can't get upset about being robbed because their some random person you don't know or care about getting rape or murdered? That's make no sense at all and is completely illogical.

Why the need to act so superior? What makes you so understanding about Women's rights? Please show your credentials. You seem more the one blowing smoke with some unexplained deeper knowledge about this issue when you haven't shown anything to that fact. Sexism is an issue regularly brought up. Sort of like politics and morality depending on what showing you're watching. Some people enjoy this blending of real world issues and a fantasy world. If you don't then you don't really have to join in the discussion now do you? If you were going to try to disprove the argument then do so, don't arbitrarily tell people they have a lot to learn. You haven't shown anything to make me think you didn't spend most of your life in your parent's basement.
Old 2010-07-03, 20:22   Link #65
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Jesus Christ, why the hell are you guys debating over women's rights in a friggin BLEACH EPISODE THREAD? Go do it in General Chat, a Claymore chapter thread or somewhere more fitting but I came here to read about Bleach.
Old 2010-07-04, 02:20   Link #66
Lendial

i liked this episode very much, the part where stark rubs lily is disturbing if not outright scandalous though
Old 2010-07-04, 09:22   Link #67
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i liked this episode very much, the part where stark rubs lily is disturbing if not outright scandalous though
That's his loli, I'm sure he does a lot more disturbing things to her than that.
Old 2010-07-04, 13:34   Link #68
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Looking forward to seeing more people in action!
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-07-04, 13:40   Link #69
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Jesus Christ, why the hell are you guys debating over women's rights in a friggin BLEACH EPISODE THREAD? Go do it in General Chat, a Claymore chapter thread or somewhere more fitting but I came here to read about Bleach.
Why disscuss it in Claymore thread when there are almost none male characters to compare to?

Besides there isn't really much to discuss about Bleach anyway...
Old 2010-07-04, 17:08   Link #70
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
That's his loli, I'm sure he does a lot more disturbing things to her than that.
I like think of her as his inner child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why disscuss it in Claymore thread when there are almost none male characters to compare to?

Besides there isn't really much to discuss about Bleach anyway...
Because no one here cares about it except you, and you keep saying you're going to drop Bleach. Other people are actually trying to discuss the episode but can't because you constantly derail the thread with your baseless accusations of sexism.
Old 2010-07-04, 17:31   Link #71
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
with each beer I drink...ugly women start to look better and anime women start to look real...alas, I'm not completely gone yet...still have another 12 pack
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 22:35   Link #72
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well it's official Starks is the only cool one left...

I hope he wins which isn't possible, but I atleast hope he doesn't die via bull$hit-cheeze move like every other espada...
Old 2010-07-05, 07:23   Link #73
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
I like think of her as his inner child.
Inner children are fine too.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:44   Link #74
Ichiban Hayai

The whole Stark-Lillinete relationship reminds me of countless threads around the net about Yachiru being Kenpachi's zampaktou.

Also kudos to Lilinette's V.A for the super sexy moan when Stark touched her head to release. That was really something lol
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:53   Link #75
Blaster

Soi Fon's bankai is so lame. Basically she upgraded from 2H-KO to 1H-KO.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:05   Link #76
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
The whole Stark-Lillinete relationship reminds me of countless threads around the net about Yachiru being Kenpachi's zampaktou.
Well, why would Zaraki still have a zanpakuto and his "zanpakuto" Yachiru, also have a zanpakuto. (Not argueing with you, just something that popped into my mind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
Also kudos to Lilinette's V.A for the super sexy moan when Stark touched her head to release. That was really something lol
Old 2010-07-05, 15:02   Link #77
kitten320

Quote:

Because no one here cares about it except you, and you keep saying you're going to drop Bleach. Other people are actually trying to discuss the episode but can't because you constantly derail the thread with your baseless accusations of sexism.
If no one cared, then no one would answer
Is it that hard to ignore me and keep disscussions? I posted here for the first 2 days only. Yet almost whole week had passed and no disscussions had started afterwards. That's how big the urge for disscussions about episode are here

Less popular shows are having far bigger disscussion than Bleach nowadays. If not me this episode would have only like 2 pages of disscussions

And I already said the deadline of when I'm going to drop. That will be after episode 181 or 182, the moment THAT fight will be completly animated.

Afterwards there is nothing interesting for me... maybe only fillers

So bear with me till then
Ah, and a bit later I'll be away for two weeks so you will be able to enjoy the calmness
Old 2010-07-05, 16:37   Link #78
Gin
*Artist

I would rather have 2 pages of episode discussion then 4 pages of off topic nonsense, but I'm not really helping the situation either.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:39   Link #79
kitten320

Well I almost don't post anymore in Bleach threads, so it is rare when I'm at fault of off topicness in Bleach threads nowadays
Except this time.

Anyway tomorrow is the new episode, hope for something good. And that WW will be quiet for the biggest part...
Old 2010-07-06, 04:38   Link #80
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Soi Fon's bankai is so lame. Basically she upgraded from 2H-KO to 1H-KO.
Well I always hoped it would be somewhat as awesome as this:

Spoiler for What the bankai should have been!:

Nevermind....

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote