AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-07-01, 13:58   Link #61
Hav0kkx

Perhaps he has something do with royalty?
Hav0kkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 13:59   Link #62
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
that small town flooded with water kinda reminds me of the Zanpakuto rebellion in the anime, at one point we see Muramasa's master's inner world, and its just flooded with water and ruins.
Old 2010-07-01, 15:53   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
The last filler was long enough to be a arc, and so what if it isn't don't need to be rude.
Old 2010-07-01, 15:57   Link #64
Simon_Lord

im wondering what happened to Ukitake and all the vizards/captains, i want a KIA and MIA list Kubo please!
Old 2010-07-01, 17:29   Link #65
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

hollow ichigo said he'd be back. the moment ichigo falters as the king, he'd throw him off, stomp on his head, and take his crown.

if you ask me, the head stomping should have happened a long time ago.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 17:56   Link #66
Gilgamesh00

So Ichigo inner world became chaotic? looks like he became so much pessimist and all hope of yore has disappeared so his world became pile of rubbish because it is the future that he thinks will be.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:27   Link #67
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Who was Mizuiro again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post

Perhaps he has something do with royalty?
Thank you... I'd forgotten who he was, too. Tatsuki and Keigo were it. I also remember the lesbian megane chick, but I didn't remember her name until they mentioned it this chapter.

And people complain about how Ken Akamatsu handles his extended cast of chracters... GJ, Kubo...
Old 2010-07-01, 18:43   Link #68
Casshern

Speaking of extended cast of characters... what about that Yammi fight, eh?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 18:50   Link #69
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Oh come on guys we all know it's Don Kanonji thats about to enter stage right!

along with the Karakura Rangers!

we'll see some real pwning Aizen ass now!

Well this chapter has got my interest again in the series, I just kept with it for the sake of it but seems like something interesting will happen now...hopefully.
Old 2010-07-01, 19:08   Link #70
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
along with the Karakura Rangers!
unfortunately one is on her knees, one is passed out, and one is running away (though that was his super power anyway XD).
Old 2010-07-01, 20:10   Link #71
Simon_Lord

i loled at your Keigo super power reference lol!
Old 2010-07-02, 02:07   Link #72
Farscape
Secondman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Lol so basically since Ichigo is so noob, Zangetsu has gone emo?

Dam I would want Hollow Ichigo to take over if I was Zangetsu too.
No, that is Tensa Zangetsu? He went in, in bankai state therefor he faces Tensa Zangetsu and not Zangetsu as he stated earlier.
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 09:59   Link #73
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This Kubo-character Aizen showing off is getting to the point where the entire manga is degraded to fanfic quality.

And that better be the Father and not Don Gayness there! (lol)
Old 2010-07-02, 10:04   Link #74
xxbadboyzxx
Kanade-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Speaking of extended cast of characters... what about that Yammi fight, eh?
maybe kubo forget him

but obviously kenpachi and byakuya is the winner
Old 2010-07-02, 12:18   Link #75
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Who was Mizuiro again?
actually i don't think mizuiro is going to get a royal guard status, i mean kubo specifically made a chapter (which was adapted to an ep i believe) of the first day of ichigo at school from mizuiro's perspective, and it focused around his neglectful mother and how he was always alone, but hid it really well, but ichigo fixed that

i think kubo is playing on that past, although with all his characters does he actually expect us to remember every little detail of the characters who havent appeared in manga since like... 2006?

also
here's how i'm interpreting zangetsu

basically we've all noticed, and most will agree that the badassery that bleach once had started to decline right after the end of the soul society arc
similarly, ichigo's own badassery (stopping 1million zanpakuto's with one strike, glowing blue eyes of pwnsome, byakuya fight) also declined
in fact, ichigo's last true bad ass moment was when yammy appeared the first time, and he saw chad's arm and said "let's make things even" then cut off yammy's arm

after that, every fight ichigo's had has been either an utter loss or a pitiful win, with no true crowning moments of awesome (yammy kicked his ass, grimmjow kicked his ass twice afterwards, was getting butt raped by dordonii at first cz he was trying to prove a point, killed by ulquirra, barely beat grimmjow, killed by ulq again but hollow hax saved him, failed epically with his new power against yammy, did barely nothing to aizen, and despite starting to hold his own, his was pwned by gin teh second he donned his mask)

so from what zangetsu implies, it looks like ichigo has been getting worse ever since he started relying on his hollow powers instead of training his shinigami powers
and it may be that kubo's been hinting that the reliance on hollow powers as opposed to shinigami powers isn't the true way to strength as
1) ichigo sucks
2) all the vaizards are disappointments from the strength we expected them to have
3) tousen went to the limit of hollow powers and got pwned by his vc
4) gin didn't hollowfy himself and he's still uber badass
5) all the captains are normal shinigami, but stronger than ichigo + mask form (not hollow lv2 though most likely)
6) even power hungry aizen wouldn't "turn himself into a hollow"

in reverse, since hichigo's appeared in lvl2 hollow form, it implies that when ichigo trains his hollow powers it only makes hichigo's normal power grow, and hichigo seems to have full access to ichigo's normal shinigami powers, and can use them much better than ichigo can, while ichigo has never tried training his shinigami powers at all ever since he reached bankai

the problem may have started with the vaizards teaching ichigo to force hichigo into the depths of soul (which is why zangetsu pulled him out from his chest) because

it seems like that method was flawed to begin with since the vaizard are all fails, even though their power should be comparable to ichigo's. Plus characters keep hinting that ichigo should be stronger at this point, like gin saying ichigo was scarier back in soul society, and aizen bluntly saying "you should be stronger than this"

so apparently, ichigo and all his "D:"-ness since focusing on his hollow side as ruined his powers, but made hichigo's grow exponentially, which may have been what hichigo wanted from the start. but if hichigo goes "just as planned" then.... -.-

hichigo may have grown in hollow power(or absorbed ichigo's reiryoku or his despair or whatever he grows off of) enough to be considered a VL level (even though everyone says that all the time)
but at the same time, i don't even think kubo remembers the hollow rating charts -___-

Anyway ichigo probably has to pull an aizen and become one with his hollow, not try to suppress it, which may be why arrancar seem naturally stronger than vaziards because they seem to fuse with the shinigami side they have, becoming more humanlike permantly, and reverting back to a mnster hollow form only when they release
unno trying to make logic from kubo's work is brain damaging

anyway overall, llook for the horse-king fusion
maybe like a minotaur : )

Last edited by Lunarskylar; 2010-07-02 at 13:09.
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 15:58   Link #76
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
You meant Centaur, aren't you?

Anyways, interesting theory. I doubt Kubo gave that much thought to it. The reason why Ichigo sucks since being a Vaizard is special I think. Hichigo strikes a really sensitive point with even his mere existence. Which is: Ichigo losing control and hurting his friends with the very same(or more) power he got to protect them.

Compare the old and the new Ichigo:
- In the beginning he was a kind of idiotic daredevil who would kick the reason away to the next street and face anyone anywhere if they threaten his friends. The only battle where he chickened out is with Zaraki and man, he's scarier than 10 Aizen combined even if his powers doesn't match that. Also there Ichigo had no reason to fight other than protecting his life.

-The new Ichigo on the other hand has always something in his head. First, his own power turned against him and tried to control him. Ichigo, who feared no outside opponent suddenly got a strong enemy inside. He faced with the threat of his inner hollow. It birthed an until then alien feeling inside Ichigo: uncertainty. From then on he knew fear. He knew there are people obviously stronger than him whom he can't defeat. He knew if he isn't careful his inner hollow would turn his life inside out. He knew what he risks at failure and he became afraid of all of it. He's keeping it all inside and puts up the usual strong front but in terms of spirit he got weaker.

So why he's weaker than expected? Uncertainty and lack of trust in his powers. It leads to 3 consequences:
1.) Relative mental weakness. It also comes with not being able to channel his maximum spiritual energy output.
2.) Distrust in Hichigo and his Hollow Powers. He still hates them and while relies in the hollow power to defeat his opponents he fears to bring out too much of it.
3.) Weakened connection with Zangetsu. The uncertainty and mistrust extends to even his Zanpakuto. His Shinigami powers are relatively weaker. I know it's a bad excuse but it might be the reason why Ichigo couldn't outspeed everyone despite his Bankai specializes in concentrated power and speed.

Well, it's a theory. It matches somewhat with Lunarskylar's but I don't think it extends to Tousen and the Vaizards. The Vaizards did relatively well. Kubo made almost everyone a weakling compared to Aizen. Shinji for example did fairly well. He managed to hurt Aizen and even surprise him for a second. Compared to the rest of Gotei13(except Yama-jii) it's a fair accomplishment. Same with the other Vaizards, especially Hachi. They just became cannon fodders in the end like every Captain outside of the duels.

And Tousen well... I heard theories that Aizen used him as a lab rat for various Hollow experiments and he lost his sanity as the result. If it's true then Aizen never had high hopes of him and made Tousen that way intentionally as a way of disposal. Cruel...Especially if we accept another theory which claims Aizen killed Tousen's friend/lover and made him a Shinigami. He toyed with him the entire time.

As Lunarskylar pointed out it's because he off-set
Old 2010-07-02, 16:36   Link #77
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Honestly, looking at the last page the first person that came to mind is that ultra weak black guy with glasses. You know the one that makes a mini ball of Ki and shoots at slow-motion speed? Unless of course he's a filler only character because I can't remember. Thinking some kind of "joke/laugh" character next episode that tries to troll Aizen after he chickens out by running away and taunting.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 16:47   Link #78
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Ultra weak? Don Kanonji is the most powerful character in this manga don'tcha know!
Old 2010-07-02, 17:23   Link #79
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
I can imagine the hilarity that will ensue if it is him.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 17:49   Link #80
lucasd

Wow losing so many panels for some useless panels, with boring and not funny talk...

And about wizards etc. power levels and absurdity in bleach are so screwed up that it is not even worth talk about. In bleach 2+2 is not equal even 5, but 9011 or -8232, depending on kubo whim...
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread