AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 00:34   Link #101
Jehuty

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one disappointed with Oga's voice. Beel's "Daa!" was perfect though, totally how I imagined it in my head, hahaha. But Oga? He's supposed to be a demon, yet he sounds... I dunno, his voice doesn't fit him at ALL.

I imagined Pin's (from Kimi ni Todoke) voice actor as Oga, and Kurogane (from Tsubasa Chronicles) voice actor as Tojou, though.

Oga's current voice actor should've been assigned to Shintarou.
Old 2011-01-08, 20:40   Link #102
jedinat
フリーター

Saw the first episode... Pretty disappointing. Instead of starting in the hilarious way the manga did, they added a pointless scene with him facing off with some random guy... along with some lame scenes at the school that I didn't really get. When they did get to the original introductory content it wasn't done all that well.

I don't particular like any of the voice acting; the baby's voice is especially obnoxious... and I didn't really find this episode funny at all. The comedic timing was bad, or the frames that made certain scenes funny were completely skipped... the animation/design was overall a bit weak... yeah, I'm done complaining lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:41   Link #103
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ichiban UFO Baby no Daimaou: EP 1:
Old 2011-01-08, 20:45   Link #104
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
First of all, my apologies to Midonin for copying his style
I'm not even watching this anime, but happened upon this post by chance. It's no problem. Even I was inspired by others before me. That I've developed a style to the point where others can notice it is a bit of an honor. Enjoy the show, and I take my leave once more.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 20:53   Link #105
Kittaka Fuyuka

Completely not my cup of tea. Anime based on Jump manga are hit-or-miss for me and this time it's miss. Only good thing I found in this show is Oga's funny face, rest was totally uninteresting (setting) or irritating (Beelzebub).
Kittaka Fuyuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 21:42   Link #106
Arnavion

I'll watch this series just for the delinquent dialogue alone! I haven't read the manga so I can't make comparisons, but I didn't find any of the humour unfunny. And Oga's and his friend's VAs fit quite well in my opinion.
Arnavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:42   Link #107
kitten320

Skipped through episode... Oga has Hisagi's voice and it does sound a bit weird...
Old 2011-01-08, 23:24   Link #108
Asterisk
Irregularity

The manga was a lot funnier than this, and furuichi looks really weird with white hair.. I always thought he would be blonde.

The whole 10 minutes at the start with them at school was boring, the electric shock gag was so overused and wasn't really funny to begin with.
Gintoki Sakata's VA would've fit better with Oga.
Asterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 23:41   Link #109
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Well how do I put this, that was a tad disappointing, they changed alot of the good stuff that made this funny in the first place and didn't produce anything funny in the process.
They didn't have the little poo-chan loading sequence for Furu or the game like options for when Oga wonders what to with Baby B.
It's always the little stuff thats taken out that makes it really funny in the first place.
They should have def followed the manga for the start and with maybe some small changes here and there.

Still not bad I guess but not as good as the manga so far. Have to wait and see how things go from here.

I got no beef with the VA line up here, fine by me. Itou Shizuka as Hilda is perfect<3 and Sawashiro Miyuki is doing a great job as Baby B
Old 2011-01-08, 23:47   Link #110
Stefkov

That electricity thing was overused and it wasn't a very good episode but I still enjoyed it. It was fast and a bit crazy, something I've been wanting to watch for a little while.
It looks like the general consensus is that the manga is better, this is good news, when the anime finishes I'll move to the manga.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 01:17   Link #111
Wrath88
Kissing...

I facepalmed at the OP song, but have to admit, it kind of fits...

Oga needs a rougher voice, Furuichi needs a sissier voice that's more suited to tsukkomis and complaining. I guess white hair does suit Furuichi somewhat for tagging around with Oga
Old 2011-01-09, 03:47   Link #112
Jehuty

what the crap is this?!

seriously, what did I just watch?

This isn't Beelzebub. No. I refuse to accept it D:

[edit] Okay, so.. I've stopped seeing red now. Really though, what's with the producers? Why was so much crap changed? Baby Beel was ok I guess, but a bit too noisy. They need to tone him down. But yeah, the entire episode was more of a parody of the manga than an adaptation of it.

Last edited by Jehuty; 2011-01-09 at 04:04.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 04:47   Link #113
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
But yeah, the entire episode was more of a parody of the manga than an adaptation of it.
I'm inclined to agree with this... While the manga was always way over the top, it wasn't goofy. The comedy was in the pauses; the sudden silences before the sh*t hit the fan. Not in the screams and contortions of stupid characters. The atmosphere was of serious ridiculousness; the gap between an utterly badass thug and the fact that he has a naked baby hanging off his back...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 04:50   Link #114
Sinn
Pwnage

Lol I think it was okay.... The manga was good, the anime was meh. But calm down peeps :/ Maybe give it a few episodes first to see if it really gone bad.
Old 2011-01-09, 05:56   Link #115
Ballad
robots & skateboards

I've never read the manga so I can't really agree with all of the critics, but I didn't mind the first episode and will watch a couple more to see if I like it.

Kind of annoyed by the baby, though, they should tone him down.
Ballad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 06:17   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I actually really liked the first episode. I mean sure it cut out a few of the jokes from the manga, though the start of the manga wasn't all that funny anyway. At least compared to the brilliant material yet to come. I did laugh here and there, though that would be thanks to the voice cast doing such a great job so far. Especially Sawashiro Miyuki.

The OP song had me laughing the most, oh man those lyrics are great. Can't wait for a full version. Score is pretty decent, with expected metal tracks for when things get serious. Hoping for some really good music placement down the line.

My only problem with this episode is that we didn't see Hilda's feet when she took of her boots . Apart from that Hilda is still plenty of <3333. Itou Shizuka is without a doubt the best choice for her.

Great start. Can't wait for more.
Old 2011-01-09, 06:49   Link #117
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It wasn't that bad though the art isn't that great. I expected Hilda to have a somewhat 'meaner' voice. Nothing major though, I think this covers ch 1, if that's the kind of pacing we're gonna get, this will go on for a while.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 07:37   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first episode wasn't bad, but it was certainly far from being impressive. The animation was sub-par and the jokes were too repetitive. I won't repeat the mistake I made with Nurarihyon no mago, if it doesn't improve soon, I'll drop it for the manga and won't look back. The Nurarihyon no Mago anime was such a waste of time... Jump anime adaptations have been very disappointing lately.

That said, I still enjoyed this episode quite a bit. I've always loved delinquent manga so I like the premise. Baby Beel sounded so cute... I would love to see Sawashiro Miyuki's recording session(s). Must be quite fun to watch

Opening and ending kind of sucked. The OVA OP was a thousand time better.
Old 2011-01-09, 07:38   Link #119
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I expected Hilda to have a somewhat 'meaner' voice.
Quote:
I did laugh here and there
Quote:
I facepalmed at the OP song
Quote:
Oga needs a rougher voice
This pretty much sums up my opinion...while I had some laughs, there were plenty lame moments, and while the VAs aren't bad, they could have been better. Ofc, being a manga reader, I'll stick to this unless it gets seriously bad, but I'd say it's average.
Old 2011-01-09, 07:55   Link #120
Sinn
Pwnage

I had the agree the electric shock thing was overused, and also some unfunny jokes. I hope it will improve from now on.

I tried out the OVA too, the OVA was actually good imo, despite rushing through events , far better than beelzebub epi 1.

Tags
action, shounen