AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-03, 09:00   Link #241
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Wanting and/or hoping that something is rebooted entirely when it doesn't go your way seems misguided, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 09:18   Link #242
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Yay, it's going to start soon!



I'm so happy To Love-Ru is BACK! can't wait for my weekly dose of Yami-chan service.
I just finished going through all the series/OVAs (since I had put'em on hold), so I'm all ready for this!
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 10:22   Link #243
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
I think people are asking that may be due to:

1) The animation is slightly different
2) The main characters has (possibly) shifted
3) People complained it wasn't great orginally, so might as well redo the whole thing again (covering the missing the CH's e.g. Celine's origin/birth)
Well, with a title like "Motto!", I don't it makes very much sense to think they'll be remaking anything. Besides, random forum opinions notwithstanding, the anime actually sold quite well, and may arguably be one of the reasons why the manga itself got a continuation. So I think "more" is likely exactly what the producers are looking for (small adjustments/changes notwithstanding). People expecting the new season to be substantially different may not end up being well-served.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Wanting and/or hoping that something is rebooted entirely when it doesn't go your way seems misguided, though.
Well, yeah... especially if the sequel was based on the success of the first, as in this case.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 10:28   Link #244
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Besides, random forum opinions notwithstanding, the anime actually sold quite well, and may arguably be one of the reasons why the manga itself got a continuation.
Nah.. manga only stopped due to personal reasons... it was a big seller for Jump, now it's in a monthly magazine it should be more manageable for the mangaka.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:42   Link #245
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nah.. manga only stopped due to personal reasons... it was a big seller for Jump, now it's in a monthly magazine it should be more manageable for the mangaka.
Well, it was a big seller in tank form, but consistently placed poorly in the ratings in that particular magazine. Certainly, I think the well-received anime led to the OAD series, and that selling well likely led to the continuation and the further anime. Moving it to a monthly magazine that isn't so driven by weekly ratings is probably a good move.

Anyway, it's neither here nor there, as it's hard to say what all the factors are that contribute to certain decisions. For the most part, we can only speculate. I would say that at least the well-received anime didn't hurt.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 06:29   Link #246
Marty17
Like What You Hate
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
All I can say, not everybody knows what the word motto means, so I wouldn't put it past 'em thinking it's a reboot.
__________________
"No reading. Hey! Can't you read?!"
Marty17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:43   Link #247
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
All I can say, not everybody knows what the word motto means, so I wouldn't put it past 'em thinking it's a reboot.
It makes me wonder why "Motto" is accepted. Sometimes the words should be translated.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:03   Link #248
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
After seeing the new manga Im very excited on this. Might be listed on my weekly watch.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 08:15   Link #249
Francismeunier
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Yay, it's going to start soon!



I'm so happy To Love-Ru is BACK! can't wait for my weekly dose of Yami-chan service.
I just finished going through all the series/OVAs (since I had put'em on hold), so I'm all ready for this!
So are you going to do the ecchi GIFs of this series? If so then I can make the avatars of it? What do you say.....BTW guys if you want to know when it will start and give and take 1 to 2 hours for torrent of it to appear...check it out here=>
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/#Soon
Ya! Starting in less than 4 hours and count me in on making avatars unless someone else will do them.........BTW I saw all of first season and OVA......just I think the MC is a FAG! He can't decide at the end of season 1 who to marry when he I still insist taking Lala in and having Haruna as a mistress to him...I am sure Deviluke society will accept this. OVAs were ecchi luscious still wondering if there will be nipple and panty galore in this one too...at least the censors will let me know right away.
Fine Rito is not a FAG but let me say at least indecisive fool. He is also pretty clumsy but sometimes is GAR.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-10-05 at 08:30.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:04   Link #250
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
OP & ED





Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it was a big seller in tank form, but consistently placed poorly in the ratings in that particular magazine. Certainly, I think the well-received anime led to the OAD series, and that selling well likely led to the continuation and the further anime. Moving it to a monthly magazine that isn't so driven by weekly ratings is probably a good move.
TLR's ratings weren't really considered that bad by JUMP staff.. they knew how popular it was and why it was getting low votes.. Bakuman pretty much even explained the situation.. Besides TLR was like in bottom place for half a year at least.. generally if you're bottom place for 3 weeks you're finished. And a manga that can sell 150,000+ in tank form is worth keeping over manga that can't even break the weekly top 30 and do under 20k.

Also it seems the mangaka had to buy the characters for usage in the new series that just came out, so some legal issues as well seem to have been behind this stopping.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-10-05 at 14:02.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:31   Link #251
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, the OP is surprisingly devoid of fanservice, and even the ED only has a Momo-in-Rito's-bed scene, and a beach scene without any of the girls' swimsuits falling off.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:39   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, the OP is surprisingly devoid of fanservice, and even the ED only has a Momo-in-Rito's-bed scene, and a beach scene without any of the girls' swimsuits falling off.
Might as well leave all the juicy moments for the actual show.

That's the kind of KOTOKO song i wanted to hear, so i'm pleased. OP is so much fun, especially with the huge harem gathering at the end.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 14:12   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
OP and ED are nothing special. Nowhere near as good as the OP of the first anime.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 14:16   Link #254
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
I loved To Love-Ru in the first place, can't wait to see this. They better keep Yami-chan as the coolest/hottest female character, she's so cool. <3!

As in, I really hope they carry on giving her the good bits.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 14:29   Link #255
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
I think the name of the anime simply means "More Trouble". Given that Yabuki missed his characters after his divorce, and that he was actively drawing them into Mayoi Neko Overrun, it is certainly troublesome for him to go back to something painful.

P.S I already claimed Yami as my waifu! Stay away from her!
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 14:36   Link #256
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I hope this is better than the first. I literally started falling asleep after episode 14 or so.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 14:49   Link #257
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Spoiler for Shinryaku! Ika Musume 01 - Tri Love Ru:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 16:19   Link #258
Qikz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think the name of the anime simply means "More Trouble". Given that Yabuki missed his characters after his divorce, and that he was actively drawing them into Mayoi Neko Overrun, it is certainly troublesome for him to go back to something painful.

P.S I already claimed Yami as my waifu! Stay away from her!
You have Azusa, I wasn't here during the main bulk of To Love-Ru. I'm claiming her as mine!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 16:23   Link #259
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Dear god, the censorship is so strong it's not even funny. They could have at least tried to come up with something better than GIANT LIGHT BEAMS. AT-X version only for me from now on. No point in watching this show censored, really.

Oh, and did I forget the fog? I thought the bathouse was located in Silent Hill.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 16:40   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Dear god, the censorship is so strong it's not even funny. They could have at least tried to come up with something better than GIANT LIGHT BEAMS. AT-X version only for me from now on. No point in watching this show censored, really.

Oh, and did I forget the fog? I thought the bathouse was located in Silent Hill.
Thanks for the warning. At least it's not OFF THE SCREEN censoring like Qwaser, though the light beam and fog are just as bad. I'll be joining you in waiting a week for each episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.