AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 12:30   Link #21
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Tsunade obviously knew of the birth Naruto (what with her knowing who he was 350 chapter ago when they first met), and she knew who Kushina was as well as their connection (unless Tsunade knew absolutely nothing about her Aunt's family or the creation of Konoha, or really anything socio-political that has ever happened (it seems Tsunade did not know that Kushina was the Kyuubi, though)), so it stands to reason that she would know how Naruto was related to her (it's not a relationship through the Senjuu line, but the Uzumaki line). Additionally, it is common knowledge how Jinchuuriki are treated. So, in conclusion, Tsunade is a bitch.

Your right though, Mikoto does have the excuse of being persecuted for being an Uchiha, so her bitch status is demoted...
You missed my point about Tsunade, I'm not saying she ignored the existence of Naruto, I meant she had already left Konoha for her journey of gambling, drinking and self loathing. In this condition the idea that she would come back to take care of the child of a (supposedly) distant relative of her grand-mother make no sense. And frankly it doesn't make much sense in any condition really, would you adopt a kid just because he would be distantly related to one of your grand-parents? I know I wouldn't.
And that's without adressing the fact I very much doubt Konoha would allow the Kyubi Jinchuuriki to be given to someone who had left the village (though considering how much they fucked up anyway...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
And finally, I guessed it was too much to ask of Kishi to not involve Sasuke in the event that shaped Naruto's life.
How could he not be there? It's all fate you see. Neji's personality is somersaulting in its grave.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:31   Link #22
Nite-Wing

Quote:
So I was right the Whirlpool country was unexploited.

Kishi gave Naruto parents. A badass normal (who couldn't be a senju since his trait is being normal ... but badass) and a foreign mother (who couldn't be a senju either)
Then he created the Uchiha / Senju storyline. He needed Naruto to be a senju, but how ?

Kishi's answer : "Simple let's say the Uzumaki are not the senjus, but just like the senjus (and if I am lucky, no one will notice Tsunade is also an Uzumaki descendant, yet she didn't get anything from that EITHER)".

And apparently, the whirlpool has been "casually" destroyed, so all potential is lost here too. I was expecting a semi-important storyline here.
After all, Kishi mentioned another destroyed village when he showed up Danzou's sharingan for the first time, I thought there would be something going on with all those destroyed villages, but it looks like not.

I stopped liking Kushina when she said she wanted to be "hokage wife".
Seriously, Kishi, how low can you go. What kind of ambition is that. Not even Hinata would say something that bad.

And finally, I guessed it was too much to ask of Kishi to not involve Sasuke in the event that shaped Naruto's life.
But then, Kishi couldn't have done it duller even if it tried to (Kushina was the jin. When she gives birth, the seal crumbles. Then Madara takes the fox and attack. I can't believe we needed 500 chapters for that) so I guess Sasuke being there spices things a little.
How is Sasuke involved??? Hes a baby just like Naruto what can he do?

If you mean Mikoto then yes I think that was a little bias towards the Uchiha but at this point you have to expect them to be involved.

Either way this is a moot point since Kishi was way ahead of this chapter when he took his break. Probably like on chapter 508
Old 2010-06-30, 12:36   Link #23
yakumo-chan

hey i've been wondering this lately....

who's the one feeding naruto when he was just a child??? its because he has no parents or anything that will make a living for him..
Old 2010-06-30, 12:40   Link #24
james0246

Who better to take care of the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki than one of the Legendary Sannin (even if she was wandering around pissed)? And considering that Tsunade is supposedly the last direct Senjuu, and Naruto the last direct Uzumaki, that means, to me at least, that even if there are a few relatives separating the two (I'd guess they be 3rd cousins at least, maybe even 4th cousins), they are still the closest family they have (if I only had one surviving distant relative, then I would gladly take care of him or her). Plus, this is a ridiculous Shounen, do you know just how easy it would be for Tsunade to be converted from her debauchery to the path of parenthood .

Quote:
So I was right the Whirlpool country was unexploited...
This is one of the most disappointing moments in the manga to date. Kushina is nothing but a receptacle for the Kyuubi and Naruto (and she's completely fine with that); her village (which is named Whirlpool for no real reason considering the village was known for seals, not anything to do with a whirlpool) is destroyed off screen for no real reason (was it even mentioned who did it? 10 to 1 it was Madara just to get an Uchiha in there somehow...) and serves no purpose at all.

Kushina may be cute, but there's nothing to her beyond her appearance...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-30 at 12:52.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 12:42   Link #25
yakumo-chan

I think we will have a sad ending of naruto....

because naruto did make a promise to sasuke that him and sasuke will die..... which means... no more naruhina and narusaku!!???
Old 2010-06-30, 13:00   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
How is Sasuke involved??? Hes a baby just like Naruto what can he do?

If you mean Mikoto then yes I think that was a little bias towards the Uchiha but at this point you have to expect them to be involved.
Why is she there? Why is Sasuke there? What is the point of Mikoto's presence? So they can talk about birthing pains . Does everything in Naruto's life have to involve an Uchiha? Hell, you only ever see this much forced connection between two characters in a romance story ("they were 'destined' to be together").

I've always hated when people say that the manga should be called Sasuke or Uchiha, and have gone out of my way to show that the story of Naruto existed beyond Sasuke or the Uchiha clan, but damn is it hard to argue this point any longer. Is there not one aspect of Naruto's life that is not directly connected to the Uchiha clan? Hell, I expect that Hinata will have some flashback in the near future where she confirms that she was initially a Sasuke fangirl, but became a Naruto fangirl after seeing Naruto train (or something equally ludicrous)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Either way this is a moot point since Kishi was way ahead of this chapter when he took his break. Probably like on chapter 508
What does that have to do with anything?
Old 2010-06-30, 13:01   Link #27
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

who's the one feeding naruto when he was just a child??? its because he has no parents or anything that will make a living for him..
What would be logical in Naruto's situation:
He was the container of the kyuubi so he was always watched by ANBU, even if he didn't realize it. Especially until the Uchiha massacre since the village would never let any Uchiha get close to Naruto. It seems from the story that the 3rd hokage took care of Naruto, but he didn't say anything about his real parents. When Naruto was a baby i guess the 3rd hokage employed a random babysitter. When Naruto became a ninja and left the academy he was watched by Kakashi and Jiraiya, so no need for ANBU when 2 of the greatest ever ninjas watch over his security.
But the story has some minor (some might call these major) plot holes, for example when Naruto steals the scroll of forbidden jutsu why doesn't anyone know where he is, he is supposed to be watched by ANBU.

Of course the manga does not say anything about what happened to Naruto after his parents died and before he graduated at the academy.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 13:08   Link #28
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Come on Kishi! Give me Naruto in full Kyuubi power with him actually in control.
Old 2010-06-30, 13:11   Link #29
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Hell, I expect that Hinata will have [...]
You expect something to happen with a Hyuga in this story? Seriously?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 13:37   Link #30
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Why is she there? Why is Sasuke there? What is the point of Mikoto's presence? So they can talk about birthing pains . Does everything in Naruto's life have to involve an Uchiha? Hell, you only ever see this much forced connection between two characters in a romance story ("they were 'destined' to be together").
This is easy Sasuke was there because his mom is Kushina's best friend and they obviously are very close and when women get together they talk about babies......duh which is why Mikoto brought sasuke along being 2 months old and all he definitely needed to be outside.

All in All
I hate the fact that sasuke had to be in this chapter. Showing his mom being friends with Kushina would have been enough and I can understand how things like this can get misconstrued as Uchiha Bias when its really just tying two characters together.

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?
I was responding to opinion that Kishi spent his break finding out ways to shoe horn in sasuke into Naruto's origin. When that is not the case since this chapter was probably completed back in April.
Old 2010-06-30, 13:42   Link #31
janipani

People please, you shouldn't try to make up for Kishi's plot holes. He should do it by himself. We can quite safely agree on the claim that he has meshed up with Naruto more or less. Let's hope that he's able to at least give as good action.

Odd though.. is very unusual that anime of some manga actually is able to catch intensity of original piece, but in case of Naruto it can even build some flesh on the skeleton. I have to admit though that I haven't seen latest espisodes yet. I want to watch them in row.

I guess Anime looks better, since it's not possible to make an anime episode without any background graphics they have to also add more specific details than Kishi uses in his graphics.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 13:50   Link #32
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
They are according to the more detailed spoilers. Mito was an Uzumaki. It is apparently customary that Uzumaki women become jinchuriki. Kushina said she was going to marry a Hokage like Mito had done. The Uzumaki and Senju are distantly related by blood. Somewhere Neji is hanging himself after Kishi added all this.

The other important thing is that the Whirlpool Country had close ties to Konoha.The mark on the back of Konoha ninja comes from the Whirlpool Country and is a sign of friendship.
Spoiler for Konoha vest:

Kushina also taught Minato sealing jutsu.
Sorry, but that's just the icon for the Fire Country... that's why it's actually red.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 13:52   Link #33
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

Lol, you should be asking whose been paying for rent...
Old 2010-06-30, 14:02   Link #34
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Why is she there? Why is Sasuke there? [...] Does everything in Naruto's life have to involve an Uchiha?
Quote:
And finally, I guessed it was too much to ask of Kishi to not involve Sasuke in the event that shaped Naruto's life
Why does it matter if Sasuke is involved? (not to mention, he barely is) Whats with all the Uchiha resentment?

Quote:
Who better to take care of the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki than one of the Legendary Sannin (even if she was wandering around pissed)?
So, Tsunade is a "bitch" because she didn't run back to take care of Naruto? How about Jiraiya who should have had closer ties to Naruto, with him being Minato's master (and probably some sort of father figure)? How about The third hokage just letting Naruto be alone, when he was forced to sit back on the throne, since he was actually around to do something about it? For all we know Tsunade had her own problems, being a degenerate gambler who squandered her talents throughout those lost years. She isn't even that close to Naruto, but she should just run home immediately to "take care" of him because they're second (or even third) cousins?
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 14:19   Link #35
james0246

New info about Naruto's birth.

-Sarutobi has Mianto and Kushina exit the village to ensure that if the Kyuubi escapes, it will not escape inside of Konoah. With Kushina and Minato, Sarutboi sends his wife (Biwako?) to help in the delivery.

-Once there, a special kekkai barrier is put up to ensure extra protection. ANBU guards are also stationed around the barrier.

-During the birth, the Kyuubi almost escapes, but Minato keeps the beast in check.

-As Naruto is born, and before Kushina can assert complete control over the beast, a masked stranger appears, defeats the ANBU guards, and manages to capture Naruto. He then demands that Minato release the Kyuubi or he will kill baby Naruto.

-additionally, Mikot does not meet up with Kushina. Rather, while exiting the village, the convoy crosses paths with Mikoto...

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Why does it matter if Sasuke is involved? (not to mention, he barely is) Whats with all the Uchiha resentment?
Resentment? More like annoyance. This is Naruto's story, these are his adventures, but damn if he can't walk a foot without tripping over some Uchiha baggage (and he's the one who has to clean it all up). Is it so wrong to hope that some part of Naruto's life hasn't been directly touched by an Uchiha (it's like a 6 degrees of separation only with the Uchiha clan)? If anything, my main desire for a Part III stems entirely from the fact that I would like to see Naruto deal with problems not relating to the Uchiha clan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
So, Tsunade is a "bitch" because she didn't run back to take care of Naruto? How about Jiraiya who should have had closer ties to Naruto, with him being Minato's master (and probably some sort of father figure)? How about The third hokage just letting Naruto be alone, when he was forced to sit back on the throne, since he was actually around to do something about it? For all we know Tsunade had her own problems, being a degenerate gambler who squandered her talents throughout those lost years. She isn't even that close to Naruto, but she should just run home immediately to "take care" of him because they're second (or even third) cousins?
Um, we've all acknowledged Jiraiya's douchebaggery many times in the past for abandoning Naruto, so there is no reason to mention it further (though, if you'll actually read my original post on the subject, I do indicate Jiraiya's piss poor behaviour), and I've commented many a time on Hiruzen's bad handling of Naruto's childhood. Tsunade's abandonment is new, though, so of course I focused on her (due to new spoilers, it is unclear how close Mikoto and Kushina were).

That being said, family is a big deal in Japan, and extended family is actually important. So, thinking that Tsunade should have been looking out for her last living relative isn't that crazy (hell, she doesn't even have to stay in the village if she doesn't want to)...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-30 at 14:31.
Old 2010-06-30, 14:34   Link #36
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

^ I dont think there going to let the vessel of the nine-tails just wander the world....also are people forgetting that Tsunade didnt want anything to do with Konoha?

Or did her resentment begin on her travels...?

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 14:41   Link #37
james0246

^There's a big difference between not wanting anything to do with Konoha, and not wanting anything to do with a potential family member. She could very well still rage and hate Konoha, but take care of a kid. That being said, I'm glad to see so many are willing to support Tsunade's angst over potentially seeing to the care of her supposed last living relative ...(don't worry, I'm joking around).

As for letting Naruto leave Konoha? Without knowing the socio-political situation, I cannot really form an opinion or argument concerning keeping Naruto in Konoha vs. letting him leave with one of the Legendary Sannin...
Old 2010-06-30, 14:50   Link #38
NoLongerSane

Quote:
^There's a big difference between not wanting anything to do with Konoha, and not wanting anything to do with a potential family member. She could very well still rage and hate Konoha, but take care of a kid. That being said, I'm glad to see so many are willing to support Tsunade's angst over potentially seeing to the care of her supposed last living relative ...(don't worry, I'm joking around).

As for letting Naruto leave Konoha? Without knowing the socio-political situation, I cannot really form an opinion or argument concerning keeping Naruto in Konoha vs. letting him leave with one of the Legendary Sannin...
For some reason, I was under the impression that Tsunade went on self impose exiles due to personal issues that occured in Konoha. I thought Tsunade left due personal losses that peaked when Dan died and that she had enough.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 14:52   Link #39
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Well considering how other villages keep their Jinchuuriki in close proximity, Im sure Danzo would argue letting the nine-tails leave the village's boundaries even if its with a Sanin.

Actually to give the villages most powerful weapon to a woman who ends up having great resent to said village...more than likely a no-go.

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 14:59   Link #40
Bombo
TSF Fans

What a sad story...So madara mixed his words to sasuke he didn't summon the nine tail
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion