AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2010-06-30, 21:47   Link #61
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well you are right, but the reader didn't see most of this and also it was done to some unnamed unknown people. When we see Orochimaru dealing with children it's like PedoBear, it was never shown that he "had their corpses stuffed somewhere for later use in case he thought of something funny", it's just your imagination
Well to be fair with my absolutely not twisted imagination, Kabuto kind of did that on screen. He kept corpses listed by age for his personal collection and he felt uneasy when he lacked one. Orochimaru and Kabuto were real crazies, completely twisted fucks. Kabuto is the kind of guys who would offer you a meal and ask you if you found the special chakra of your child tasty with Orochimaru gigling happily nearby, readying his scalpels to find out if eating your kid made some change within your body.

Tobi in the other hand is more of a cold scheming bastard, he has probably caused more deaths and misery over the years than Kabuto and Oro combined but he doesn't strike as completely insane.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 22:42   Link #62
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Naruto's birth was secret due to Minato's enemies...
I remember that, I guess I just don't buy it.
Old 2010-07-01, 00:29   Link #63
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
even as a baby, sasuke found his way in the flashback lol

so madara held naruto hostage, so the fox got out, then attacked the village for a cold 3 minutes and then got resealed inside of naruto. who is now filled with love from both parents by telling him their story......

damn the story is moving along rather nicely......so many questions answered, still getting answered...i need next weeks chapter already.
Old 2010-07-01, 01:04   Link #64
ElricKeyblade

O.O DUDE.

Just read the chapter, and I've got to say-

AWESOME~

Okay, I know plenty of people on here are tired of the Kushina backstory, says it doesn't make sense, etc. but I for one am totally HAPPY with all this! Kushina was awesome! Madara said a very cunning line- though he was still very much EVIL. D< And as for Minato...

Spoiler for Chapter 500:
Old 2010-07-01, 01:20   Link #65
james0246

Kill him Madara! Do It, do it!

Decent chapter. A lot of exposition (it is a flashback chapter after all), and the Uzumaki being known for their long lives will, of course, cause many to speculate that Madara is an Uzumaki, but besides that, it is nice to finally know what happened that fateful day 16 years ago (even if all the featured characters had been stripped on any real personality in the mean time).

Additionally, Kushina's line of Sasuke being a girl will undoubtedly spur on many a new fanfict ship: Naru x femSasu .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:22   Link #66
ElricKeyblade

Spoiler for Naruto 500:

BWHAHAHAHAHAH 8D
Old 2010-07-01, 01:24   Link #67
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol Minato too scared with Kushina giving birth. Priceless.
Old 2010-07-01, 01:26   Link #68
NoLongerSane

I finally manage to read the chapter. I enjoyed reading the chapter as it gives a bit more background on Naruto parents and how his situation came to fruition.
Spoiler for 500:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:30   Link #69
Slayerx

Ok so this chapter, as usual, has raised some questions...
First, the Village of Eddy? is that seriously what we're going with? please tell me that's a translation error
I would think something more along the lines of "The Villlage hidden in the tides" in the country of whirlpool

Second, The Kyuubi's first host was able to singlehandedly seal the demon inside of herself... it would have been nice for her to pass down that technique... y'know incase anyone else needed to seal the demon... and wanted to avoid using a self-sacrifical method of sealing. Even if you claimed that only those from whirlpool could use the technique you'd think more eddies would live in kohona to help ensure the kyuubi's containment. yeah... I guess we can hope for an explanation next chapter when see what happens

Furtharmore, Kushina says that Eddy was the one that taught kohona the four element seal... But didn't we learn that the sage of six ways was the one who created the sealing techniques for the tailed beasts? why would kohona, decedents of the senju not know these techniques? They did not know how to seal the demon without killing themselves, and the seal used to hold the kyuubi is based on knowledge from Eddy; sure they are also a descendant but this doesn't change the fact that kohona should have known how to deal with the demons... Hell cloud can seal the 8 tails into a pot and don't have to kill themselves in the process (not including those who died while in battling the demon)...

I'd question the logic of even allowing a a host to get pregnant when it can be such a huge risk... not everyone needs there own child to be happy; you want a kid, i'm sure there's enough war orphans going around... not to mention you could always do better to try and limit hosts to males... eh somewhat minor complaint

and we meet sarutobi's wife... who is probably dead now... eh
Though i am confused by one statement... Namley where kushina says only 3 people knew about her; Sarutobi and the top councilors... But who is that exactly?
Cause we have the 2 village elders, Danzou, and Sarutobi's wife... granted it's possible kushina was only tlaking about when she first came over and that the wife might have been informed later like the anbu member (not to mention leaving out the leaders of her village who likely knew and the previous host)... I ask because if Danzou was not one of those people, then i find it odd that he could have a lot of say when dealing with the uchihas, but get nothing when it comes to dealing with the future kyuubi host
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:32   Link #70
Rahan

Quote:
Decent chapter. A lot of exposition (it is a flashback chapter after all), and the Uzumaki being known for their long lives will, of course, cause many to speculate that Madara is an Uzumaki, but besides that, it is nice to finally know what happened that fateful day 16 years ago (even if all the featured characters had been stripped on any real personality in the mean time).

Additionally, Kushina's line of Sasuke being a girl will undoubtedly spur on many a new fanfict ship: Naru x femSasu .
Yeah, they are known for their long life ... But Kishi screwed up once again

Mito Uzumaki looked younger than Shodai when she became a jinchuuriki (she was a young woman about 20-30 years old), and she was dying of old age (her days were numbered) when Kushina was still a girl, (hence 15 years before giving birth to Naruto or 40 years max after becoming a jinchuuriki according to the timeline (65 years between the VOTE and the start of the series)

So she was dying of old age at not even 70 years old. At an age Danzou, Sarutobi or Oonoki were still kicking ass
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:32   Link #71
Nintendo

Quote:

i hope no one suspects madara is a uzumaki. all points show he was/is just a very powerful uchiha.

also good to see the 1st hokage had a wife and she lived for long long time. after all when she left her old village, they already had the 3rd hokage in place.
Old 2010-07-01, 01:39   Link #72
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
cause many to speculate that Madara is an Uzumaki
Ah, curse you for putting that thought into my head! It would make a lot of sense though since his space/time jutsu looks like a whirlpool and he knows how to seal bijuu.
Old 2010-07-01, 01:42   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
So she was dying of old age at not even 70 years old. At an age Danzou, Sarutobi or Oonoki were still kicking ass
Admittedly, being the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi could have placed such a strain on her body that she succumbed to old age far sooner than she could have (obviously conjecture, and I doubt we will know at all until the next data book comes out sometime next year). Then again, she could have been 50+ when she sealed the Kyuubi inside of herself .

Whatever the case, being long lived isn't much of a "bloodline"

That being said, besides barrier seals, and of course the Death God seal, have we actually ever seen seals used in combat? I'm completely forgetting their presence in the last 500 chapters...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:49   Link #74
Rahan

Quote:
That being said, besides barrier seals, and of course the Death God seal, have we actually ever seen seals used in combat? I'm completely forgetting their presence in the last 500 chapters...
Danzou had one to paralyze Sasuke.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:50   Link #75
Gin
*Artist

Curse seals?
Old 2010-07-01, 01:51   Link #76
NoLongerSane

What I found interesting was that the Third and probably those two other members of his were pertinent to the information of the Jinchuuriki and the nine tails. Since two of the three are still alive, it makes you wonder how many other secrets they have info to and how much of their hands are covered in blood to keep the peace of the village.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 01:53   Link #77
Nintendo

no no no no no no no no no get that madara is a Uzumaki out of your head NOW......GET IT OUT....

he is not.hes a uchiha. all hes been saying and doing and proving, is that hes a uchiha. controled the 9 tails like a pet, knows about the sealing, because he can get into your mind.
Old 2010-07-01, 01:59   Link #78
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
also good to see the 1st hokage had a wife and she lived for long long time. after all when she left her old village, they already had the 3rd hokage in place.
Not really, Rahan brought up a good point... the 2nd hokage was about the same age as the first, so the gap of time between him and 1st was quite small; and we have damn good reason to believe the 2nd did not reach old age.

Sarutobi was indeed hokage at the time, but he would have been a man in his 40's... He died at 70, minus 12 years for naruto, and then atleast(if not more) another 10+ for kushina (she appeared to be about a young teen when the first host died)... He would be about 48... the 1st hokage was able to train him when he was a kid, but did not look old himself... meaning he could have been anyway between 10-30 years older than sarutobi... and since the 2nd hokage(the 1st's brother) did not look older than 40 when he passed the title to sarutboi who looked to be in his 20's; i'd narrow it down the 1st to being 10-20 years older... All in all, Harshima, if he lived, would have been 58-68 years old(maybe a little older) when his wife died... i think that's about right; though i hate math and could have missed something

So ya, unless his wife was A LOT younger then she looked in the flashback(and a lot older than harshima), she lived a pretty standard length of time...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 02:05   Link #79
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Yeah, they are known for their long life ... But Kishi screwed up once again

Mito Uzumaki looked younger than Shodai when she became a jinchuuriki (she was a young woman about 20-30 years old), and she was dying of old age (her days were numbered) when Kushina was still a girl, (hence 15 years before giving birth to Naruto or 40 years max after becoming a jinchuuriki according to the timeline (65 years between the VOTE and the start of the series)

Maybe they live that long, because they age slower, in which case Mito might have been already much older than 30 when they sealed the kyuubi in her. Granted, if they would really age slower, she wouldn't look already like 70 only 40 years later, but who knows, maybe their aging accelerates exponentially. xD

/edit:
You know, something like that, each ten years, she ages one year more than before.

Actually is...........Looks like
080....................36.................becomes Hashirama's wife
120....................78.................dies

It's probably not the case though...

Last edited by ZGoten; 2010-07-01 at 02:34.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 02:54   Link #80
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

I liked this chapter. It's finally good to know what exactly happened.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion