AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-01, 12:40   Link #21
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
wouldn't be surprised if she starts growin on us ^^

damn...they ARE fast with the colorings.

looks like decent chapter, even though many predicted clare being absorbed, think yagi does not HAVE to surpise us everytime. I'm very happy with Dietrich showing some backbone And am very thankfull that yagi provided a medic for H&D
The medic was supposed to be Cynthia, but I think she may have found some competition .
Old 2010-07-01, 12:43   Link #22
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Yes it does... I just made it easier to see...

Spoiler for size:
That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? What you painted yellow, to me it just seems the side of it's face in the original picture.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:45   Link #23
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

is everyone certain that's Ophelia on the left and not Ilena, as Clare would technically be carrying Ilena and Teresa...?

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2010-07-01, 12:47   Link #24
limao
DeAd

Oh...that pic looks like a net and a moskito
Old 2010-07-01, 12:49   Link #25
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? What you painted yellow, to me it just seems the side of it's face in the original picture.

Then who is it? I didn't change any details of it, only added a layer of color.

It has the hair style Teresa did. Sure it may be in the background and therefore less detailed but it is still clear enough of who it represents.

Come on man, this isn't the face on mars but something purposely drawn. It has a reason for being there and its hair style is damn close to Teresa's. Then thrown in Clare and a likely Ophelia and the panel has deep meaning.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:49   Link #26
Tom Bombadil

I doubt those images have anything to do with past characters. It more like wishful thinking on the reader's part.

Although I am happy that we are building up to a big fight. But it is clear that both the transformed Clare and Priscilla will be leagues ahead of the ghosts or fighters from the organization. What does the author has in plan for them?

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2010-07-01 at 13:02.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:52   Link #27
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I doubt those images have anything to do with past characters. It more like wishful thinking on the reader's part.
Then why isn't The Destroyer a blob of hideous faces like last chapter but now each is unique with there own style (and not so hideous) just after Clare merged with it?

Not sure if this has meaning but they're even behind Priscilla... as if her past is catching up to her.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:54   Link #28
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
is everyone certain that's Ophelia on the left and not Ilena, as Clare would technically be carrying Ilena and Teresa...?
I'd make more sense if it was Ilena and Teresa because there's parts of them are physically there, however the one of the lefts face is far to round to be Ilena her face was alot thinner and had a really sharp chin.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:55   Link #29
limao
DeAd

Buh...i really hate this kind of plot..i want pieta back
Old 2010-07-01, 12:58   Link #30
Nixl

Damn Deneve will just not die.

I really like the lay out of the three monstrous heads behind Priscilla. It shows the past is catching up with her.

While it would be interesting if the heads started to show T, Irene, and Ophelia, I hope that they do not actually show up.

Limao you do not like it? That is too bad. I am definitely loving these last few arcs. I am just glad Yagi did not repeat hidden hax/powerlevels as he did with Claire vs Rigardo. The Destroyer is going to fuel this fight with Claire at the helm.

Edit: Since it seems like everyone is watching on the sidelines does this actually mean that there is a slight chance everyone could make it out alive? (well except Priscilla)
Old 2010-07-01, 13:01   Link #31
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I'd make more sense if it was Ilena and Teresa because there's parts of them physically there, however the one of the lefts face is far to round to be Ilena her face was alot thinner and had a really sharp chin.
Why? Clare isn't carrying Irene to fight for her against Priscilla. She's carrying her since Irene wanted to help Clare and it was Clare's only way to survive.

Against Priscilla Irene's soul doesn't carry he more weight of Ophelia's or Teresa's... Irene is in the same grouping as Flora and Jean.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-01 at 13:12. Reason: poorly worded
Old 2010-07-01, 13:15   Link #32
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Either the faces are all those who wanted to seek revenge against Priscilla, or are those who Claire wanted to avenge against her.

What Ryus said(the latter), seems the most logical if Teresa really is in the middle.

I simply can't believe that the faces are just random scary faces, that's so...stupid.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:15   Link #33
Newhope

Quote:
Why? Clare isn't carrying Irene to fight for her against Priscilla. She's carrying her since Irene wanted to help Clare and it was Clare's only way to survive.

Against Priscilla Irene's soul carries no more weight than Ophelia's or Teresa's... Irene is in the same grouping as Flora and Jean.
It'd make more sense if it was them although i'am not saying it is, with clare carrying parts of Illena and Teresa it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination to think that the destoryer simply copyed there genetic's and reproduced it.

With Ophelia however things would get weird because the only none idiotic way I can think that Ophelia can be there is the destoryer reading Claire's mind and reproducing what it see's.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:32   Link #34
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Looking back at 104, I honestly kind of see an AE in the Jelly-Raciella as well, which Rafaela no doubt knew about...one of them sort of also looks like Isley which would make sense as Luciella knew him.

All the faces we see HAVE to have some sort of meaning.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:36   Link #35
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Looking back at 104, I honestly kind of see an AE in the Jelly-Raciella as well, which Rafaela no doubt knew about...one of them sort of also looks like Isley which would make sense as Luciella knew him.

All the faces we see HAVE to have some sort of meaning.
And Luciella eat parts of Isley so it's not that hard to think part of him been there.
Old 2010-07-01, 13:40   Link #36
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
It has the hair style Teresa did.
The problem is that I don't see any hairstyle there. Not Teresa's, not Irene's or anyone else's. To me that just looks like a bald head whose face you painted to make it look like it has hair.
I just don't see Teresa anywhere in there. Also, do you really think that this is the way Yagi would reintroduce Teresa to the history? As an hideous, giant face who is even smaller than Ophelia's?
Old 2010-07-01, 13:51   Link #37
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
The problem is that I don't see any hairstyle there. Not Teresa's, not Irene's or anyone else's. To me that just looks like a bald head whose face you painted to make it look like it has hair.
I just don't see Teresa anywhere in there. Also, do you really think that this is the way Yagi would reintroduce Teresa to the history? As an hideous, giant face who is even smaller than Ophelia's?
Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Since from my point of view I do see Teresa's hair style there. So, yes, Yagi would do it since he just did . BTW I don't see this as Teresa but Clare's rage manifested in the form of those she's fighting for. So Teresa isn't be reintroduced into the story and it's ugly since this is Clare's rage manifesting from The Destroyer herself. Personally I see the closeness to Clare as more important than the size.
Old 2010-07-01, 14:37   Link #38
MichaelAngelo

The destroyer is slowly gaining reflections from Claire's mind as part of the merging process. Teresa being there (I believe she is the middle form) just portrays that she had Teresa's soul in her all along. Ophelia's form too supports the idea Claire wanted to avenge her. Claire being there affirms that all her life she had wanted to avenge Teresa and herself; she felt sorrow after Teresa's death, the sorrow turned to revenge. She is avenging herself, Teresa and Ophelia, and this feeling of vengeance is shown to mark the beginning of an epic battle.
Old 2010-07-01, 15:00   Link #39
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Since from my point of view I do see Teresa's hair style there. So, yes, Yagi would do it since he just did . BTW I don't see this as Teresa but Clare's rage manifested in the form of those she's fighting for. So Teresa isn't be reintroduced into the story and it's ugly since this is Clare's rage manifesting from The Destroyer herself. Personally I see the closeness to Clare as more important than the size.
I have to agree with Ryus. After looking at it for a bit, the hairstyle is very similar to Teresa's.
________
BURGER KING GIFT CARDS

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 06:08.
Old 2010-07-01, 15:47   Link #40
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Wait...I think I'm seeing it. Yes, I see what you mean. That thing has hair.

However, I think there is a high chance that's Irene, especially if the figure on the left is Ophelia.