AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 15:26   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 501 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: confirmed spoiler released...

Quote:
-Madara throws Naruto into the air, and then attempts to stab him with a kunai. Minato saves Naruto (with Hiraishin), but notices an exploding tag in Naruto's towel. Defusing the seal, Minato leaves Kushina and takes Naruto away...

-In the mean time, Madara steals Kushina, taking her to another area where he begins to start unsealing the Kyuubi. He explains that he will use the Kyuubi to attack Konoha. Kushina resists...

-It seems the Hiraishin seal was also placed on Kushina, so Madara doesn't have long before Minato appears.

-Using his Sharingan, Madara enters the Kyuubi's prison (the Kyuubi supposedly calls him Madara, or at least knows who he is), takes control of the beast, and then proceeds to take it out of Kushina. Kushina doesn't die immediately (cause she's cool like that?), and tries to stop Madara. Madara retaliates by having the Kyuubi try and kill her...

-But Minato arrives in time to save her.

-Chapter ends with Minato glaring at Madara...

-For some reason, there's an image of Itachi carrying Sasuke, looking at the moon and feeling strange...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-07-07 at 10:48.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 15:30   Link #2
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

The unconfirmed spoiler, taken from Chap 500 Discussion:
(Attention, there is a high chance of it being fake / false, time will clarify)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Poissble spoiler for chapter 501

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-06, 15:46   Link #3
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
That spoiler doesn't sound very unusual, a bit slow-paced, though.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:48   Link #4
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That spoiler doesn't sound very unusual, a bit slow-paced, though.
But spoilers with this much detail and text are fake most of the time.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:50   Link #5
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
-True and I do hope it is false.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-06, 15:50   Link #6
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Especially when they come out earlier than usual (spoilers come out late Tuesday to early Wednesday (US time) nowadays due to the Shueisha ban on spoilers/spoiler-providers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I hope it is fake for similar reasons. Unless Kishimoto came up with several different mask designs, but then decided to have several different characters, instead of one character simply changing masks ..
Old 2010-07-06, 15:53   Link #7
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I know, just reading these "spoilers" made me feel dissapointed, It would be a very lame chapter if it really went like that.
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Especially when they come out earlier than usual (spoilers come out late Tuesday to early Wednesday (US time) nowadays due to the Shueisha ban on spoilers/spoiler-providers).
Exactly, most of the time Naruto spoilers come out at the same time as Bleach spoilers, and most of the time these spoilers are just 3-4 lines of text at best.

With the lack of spoilers for Bleach, I don't believe these spoilers for Naruto are legit.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:54   Link #8
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Thank ya James. Isn't this around the time we usually get a likely spoiler anyway? Is this one just coming from a bad source?

Either way lets pretend there is a secret order of Tobi's

I half expected there to at least be two Madaras / Tobi's at a single time. We see the one who meets with Itachi in a differently designed outfit and with hair more like the Madara flashbacks. My whole Tobi = Obito thing kind of assumed Madara was around and made Obito his sucessor. Anyone watch The Prince's Bride? It would be a "dread pirate roberts" sort of thing. It doesn't matter so much who wears the mask, it's the name / reputation that is important. You could have a series of sharringan users who take that name one at a time.

I don't know though. The more I think of there being at least three masked men in that room the less I like it. Is it just some secret order? Tobi's entire "eye of the moon" plan kind of seemed like a one man goal to me. I don't know. I kind of hope it's fake because it's gonna take a lot of explaining to make much sense.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 15:59   Link #9
yakumo-chan

actually I kinda like it....

that Tobi is not just a one person... and might explain why tobi is getting nervious about kabuto's secret coffin/corpse
Old 2010-07-06, 17:50   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

Having several guys who are really one one is not unprecedented, we have kage bunshins and other kind of clones (water, earth,...). Then we have 6 corpses of Nagato, which did look being alive. Or Sasori's puppets. Zetsu making a perfect clone of Kisame. And so on...

BTW the multiple masked men spoiler is quite interesting, i think it might be that Madara is leading a small group of Uchiha, among them Shishui (Itachi's best friend) and maybe even Sasuke's father. We always talked about Uchiha as one entity with one will, but maybe there were 2 factions, one which was for rebellion and one against. And if Madara approached some of the Uchiha with "an offer they cannot refuse" then a few of them could have betrayed their clan and the village. The reason i began thinking this is that Itachi must have had a reason to kill his "best friend", we know he would never kill just to gain MS (he didn't even kill Orochimaru or anyone from Konoha), there had to be a good reason. And of course why would Itachi ever discover the existence of Madara if not because he was investigating the case. Maybe Itachi as an ANBU was investigating the kyuubi incident and he found proof that some Uchiha were involved, but Shisui was spying on him and decided to kill Itachi before he reports to the hokage. If Itachi wanted to continue his investigation he had to deny the whole case, so he made the fake-suicide.
Ero-Senn1n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 17:50   Link #11
Arjento

Being more than one Madara will make it much more interesting.

I still don't believe Tobi is THE Uchiha Madara.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 20:06   Link #12
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Being more than one Madara will make it much more interesting.

I still don't believe Tobi is THE Uchiha Madara.
I thought that was always confirmed already.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:22   Link #13
Ulquiorra
Espada

Even Kishi would move the story along more that that. Madara story time only lasted two chapters. I can't see Kushina story time going longer than that.

The fingernail girl only posts the true spoiler. So let's wait for the real one.
Old 2010-07-07, 00:04   Link #14
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

Well I didn't think it was gonna go so smoothly. We need glitter fingers!!
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:24   Link #15
strategos

Dang it , I miss he fake spoilers! It's been a while. The speculation, the suspense, and the DRAMA

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:51   Link #16
Gin
*Artist

Maybe the 1st took a page out of the Rikudo Sennin's book and split Madara's soul into a few pieces during their duel? Just thinking back to when Madara said he wanted to be whole again.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:01   Link #17
james0246

If the spoiler is real, I'll predict that the Jyuubi is controlling a bunch of dead Uchiha, using Madara as the template...then again, if there were multiple bodies why would Tobi/Madara go through all the hassle of getting a new arm when he could just get a new body .

That being said, the Tobi holding Naruto in 500 is not Obito. The person is too tall (and they have 2 hands ).
Old 2010-07-07, 01:04   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If the spoiler's real, then I predict that Madara was the underling of another Uchiha and they had formed the original Akatsuki, then the kyuubi killed one upon release and Madara backstabbed the other one, hence the pants-pissing when he saw his dead face in Kabuto's box! [/crack]
Quote:
and they have 2 hands
maybe he got auto-mail?
Old 2010-07-07, 01:58   Link #19
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
If the spoiler's real, then I predict that Madara was the underling of another Uchiha and they had formed the original Akatsuki, then the kyuubi killed one upon release and Madara backstabbed the other one, hence the pants-pissing when he saw his dead face in Kabuto's box! [/crack]

maybe he got auto-mail?
no... I think madara was killed by one of those masked man and gained his powers.....

hence saying... "The True Power of the sharingan..... My power... Uchiha Madara's Power"
Old 2010-07-07, 02:23   Link #20
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
hence saying... "The True Power of the sharingan..... My power... Uchiha Madara's Power"
That line is an arrogant form of speech. Zabuza did something similar.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion