AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Old 2010-07-07, 11:08   Link #41
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
So what does Itachi carrying Sasuke have to do with anything with all of this? lol
Maybe it's just a cameo like toddler sasuke in last weeks.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:24   Link #42
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^That's probably one of those wannabe tries to add cohesiveness to the story. Well, we'll have to wait for the next few chapters to find out.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:51   Link #43
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I'm guessing she simply doesn't 'die' but as is obvious, lives to become a part of the seal like Minato. I recall hearing that the host dies upon the release of the beast but maybe that's simply because they're at point blank range of the first stomping XD?
Old 2010-07-07, 11:58   Link #44
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Mayne the biggest thing we learned from this chapter is that unlike the other jin, Naruto will not die, at least not right away, if the Kyuubi is taken away. Thanks to being an Uzumaki with their strong life force and chakra. More fuel for the Neji is right crowd. The fact that Madara tried to kill Kushina must mean she could survive for a while after an extraction.

Maybe this is Kishi's way of letting us know that Madara will achieve his goal of sealing the Jyuubi inside him?
Old 2010-07-07, 12:14   Link #45
james0246

^Yeah, that is more or less what I suspected when I read that Kushina survived the extraction. I've expected for awhile now that the Kyuubi would be taken from Naruto, the only problem with the theory was how Naruto would survive (and, of course, the fact that it completely invalidates the entire training arc ), but now that Kishimoto has given Naruto an out, here's hoping for some Jyuubi reveal in the next 50 chapters...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:23   Link #46
Nite-Wing

Kishi will somehow inject Itachi's story into this flashback somehow but my question is if Kushina is narrating what happened back then how would she know what Itachi was doing with sasuke. Ahhhhh Kishi your Uchiha fan wank is so obvious.

Last edited by Nite-Wing; 2010-07-07 at 12:38.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 13:09   Link #47
james0246

Last relevant spoiler:

The Itachi scene is revealed. It seems after Minato saves Kushina (and she tells him of Madara's plan), he takes her back to their home (where Naruto is), puts on his pimp cloak, then leaves the house. Itachi, with Sasuke, sees Minato in a hurry, and comments on a bad feeling he is getting...
Old 2010-07-07, 13:33   Link #48
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Last relevant spoiler:

The Itachi scene is revealed. It seems after Minato saves Kushina (and she tells him of Madara's plan), he takes her back to their home (where Naruto is), puts on his pimp cloak, then leaves the house. Itachi, with Sasuke, sees Minato in a hurry, and comments on a bad feeling he is getting...

What is a 5 Year old Itachi doing in the oudoors, in the middle of the night with Baby Sasuke?
Old 2010-07-07, 13:35   Link #49
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Thank God it really is Madara and not some Uchiha clone or whatever you guys were thinking of.

I always thought that the Kyuubi would end up getting extracted....and some losers de-famed me.
Old 2010-07-07, 13:36   Link #50
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
What is a 5 Year old Itachi doing in the oudoors, in the middle of the night with Baby Sasuke?
It's currently unknown if it is actually the middle of the night, but this is undoubtedly Kishimoto's way of showing us the scene that influenced (and made him a pseudo-pacifist) Itachi for the rest of his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Thank God it really is Madara and not some Uchiha clone or whatever you guys were thinking of.
It's not confirmed yet if the Kyuubi actually calls Tobi Madara, or if he justs makes the same analogy to Madara that the Kyuubi does with Sasuke...
Old 2010-07-07, 13:38   Link #51
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

This weeks sounds relatively dull and mostly information that we've already guessed, but boy I can't help but wait until next week! I sure hope they cover the fight even if it doesn't make sense because it looks like Kushina wasn't there to witness it.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 13:51   Link #52
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's currently unknown if it is actually the middle of the night, but this is undoubtedly Kishimoto's way of showing us the scene that influenced (and made him a pseudo-pacifist) Itachi for the rest of his life...
So the part where he sees the moon, is a fake spoiler?
Old 2010-07-07, 14:15   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
So the part where he sees the moon, is a fake spoiler?
1) You can see the moon during the day sometimes.

2) Shut Up .

3) It is possible that the early spoiler was incorrect, and Itachi was not looking at the moon...
Old 2010-07-07, 15:12   Link #54
Nite-Wing

Itachi is 5 years old whatever happens to the village does not turn him pacifist Madara said that War was what warped his mind. He was too young for it.

I also question why Mikoto would leave a new born sasuke and a 5 year old Itachi by themselves. Mikoto is starting to rack up these bad mother points

Kushina still being alive after a demon extraction is also BS in my eyes since we are explicitly told if the demon ever leaves its host the host will die.
Old 2010-07-07, 16:04   Link #55
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Itachi is 5 years old whatever happens to the village does not turn him pacifist Madara said that War was what warped his mind. He was too young for it.

I also question why Mikoto would leave a new born sasuke and a 5 year old Itachi by themselves. Mikoto is starting to rack up these bad mother points

Kushina still being alive after a demon extraction is also BS in my eyes since we are explicitly told if the demon ever leaves its host the host will die.
Kishi is saying that Jyuubi will be free and Naruto will not die due his BS kekkei genkai, so I bet while loosing Kyuubi Naruto will obtain Rinegan! I Bet!
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:12   Link #56
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post

1) Yes because seeing a demon completely and utterly destroy your village first-hand doesn't effect him in any way. Also he saw war at the impressionable age of 4, so imagine seeing a war then a year later seeing everyone slaughtered by a demon.

2) It's possible that she didn't leave them but Itachi just wandered off with his younger brother.

3) There are different sealing methods as well as different methods of extraction, all we know is that the 9 Dragon Sealing Statue extraction method kills the jinchuuriki

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 20:29   Link #57
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I thought Itachi was much older than Sasuke... 12 years older to be accurate. There's no way a five year old fucking Itachi runs around with an already born Sasuke. He could at best grab his father's balls and cut them off and run around carrying them in his hands.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 20:51   Link #58
Arkard

Quote:
Although he is outdoors, and it is night, he's also sitting in an Uchiha building's porch or something. It's not like he's wandering around or something More like someone told him to hold the baby for a few moments while they do something.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 21:22   Link #59
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well, chapter is out. I must say, did anyone else get a whole King Kong feel from the place where Kushina was chained to rocks? Only this time, the beast came from within the pretty damsel instead. And it appears that Kushina's seal was quite different from Naruto's own. Her's is depicted as having the Kyuubi "crucified" on a rock (on all legs and tails) as well as having it chained to the rock. This could indicate that her seal was much stronger than Naruto's since Kushina's seal does not allow the Kyuubi any visible freedom of movement/influence.

-That aside, I really hate this whole "Uzumaki clan can live a bit longer after the extraction". You know, I am more than willing to take all of Naruto's lineage with good stride but the one thing I never wanted to see, is him becoming a neutered jinchuuriki like Gaara. And it seems people who support this idea of the extraction forget one thing; it still leads to Naruto's death, albeit slowly. Which also means, he's effectively powerless and taken out like a *****. This is why I don't want this to come to fruition, especially since he finally took the beast down after 500 chapters. But whatever, the chapter itself was good.
Old 2010-07-07, 21:30   Link #60
NoLongerSane

Read the chapter.
Spoiler for 501:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion