AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 01:09   Link #81
NoLongerSane

What I find interesting from this flashback is that we see how Naruto came into being the host for the Kyuubi and how evil Madara is. We pretty much know that Minato gave up his life in order to reseal the nine-tails within his own son's body and the reason why Naruto was choosen was due to his mother's bloodline/ability. What I am hoping to see in the upcoming chapters is the aftermath, most in particular the counsel's reasoning for keeping Naruto's orgin a secret from the village.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 02:39   Link #82
ElricKeyblade

Read the chapter, and I must say- looking at all of Minato's reactions to how his wife and son were in danger can really put a twist in your heart. Especially when he placed Kushina beside Naruto for what was probably the very last time.

I also liked how bittersweet some of the MinatoxKushina moments were in this chapter, such as Madara snidely commenting how Minato had put his special marking seal in Kushina's seal so that he would always be able to protect her *sob*, and how Minato's rescue of Mushina from the Kyuubi mirrored the time she fell in love with him *sobs*, and how his fist clenched after seeing Kushina cry when was laid beside Naruto *SOBS*. (

However...

Whenever he glared, including the time he clenched his fist, I was thinking, "Here comes the awesome." And when he put on his Hokage uniform- all that was going through my head was "AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAHHHH."

...I love this arc. XD
Old 2010-07-08, 03:05   Link #83
Haak
Forever Alone...

I think it would've been somewhat more dramatic and better storywise if Kushina had died then. I knew Minato would save her but still. Kinda pointless since we know she dies.

Anyway, i liked this chapter.
Old 2010-07-08, 03:45   Link #84
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

For those who played Chrono Trigger: Juubi = Lavos... he's the one controlling Madara from behind the scenes.

Anyway good chapter, it looks like Kushina has a high blood loss so it doesn't look like she'll make it (obviously). Not sure how she knows Minato's part of the flashback though...
Old 2010-07-08, 04:02   Link #85
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm waiting for Naruto to finally learn Hiraishin....though another upgrade after just "taming" the Kyuubi is asking a bit much from Kishi I guess.
Old 2010-07-08, 05:18   Link #86
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yes, Naruto doesn't even need Hiraishin or any other jutsu for that matter anymore. With sage mode, the kyuubi's chakra and his own ridiculously great chakra pool, he can just spam Genkidamas all over the place. Also I'd really love to see Naruto transforming into nine tailes mode for the first time, just like Kirabi transformed into the octopus.
Old 2010-07-08, 05:46   Link #87
yakumo-chan

I think he is taking the nine tails to konoho to destroy it... "REVENGE"

I think the tobi we saw in this chapter is the "Real Madara"

because wouldnt it feel so strange that he wanted a world peace now instead of taking a revenge on konoha???
Old 2010-07-08, 06:02   Link #88
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I think he is taking the nine tails to konoho to destroy it... "REVENGE"

I think the tobi we saw in this chapter is the "Real Madara"

because wouldnt it feel so strange that he wanted a world peace now instead of taking a revenge on konoha???
Not really. Tobi/Madara is a lying lair who lies.

Besides, he's outright said to Naruto he doesn't care about peace when naruto called him on it.
Old 2010-07-08, 06:06   Link #89
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Not really. Tobi/Madara is a lying lair who lies.

Besides, he's outright said to Naruto he doesn't care about peace when naruto called him on it.
so what does he want????
as far as I know.... all that he really wants is revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

what chapter was that?

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2010-07-08 at 06:21.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:40   Link #90
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I wonder what Kishi wanted to tell us by saying "The Uzumaki clan is really something special. You didn't even die right away after I ripped the bijou out of you."... does he want to indicate that Naruto will lose his Bijou in order to let the Jyuubi be created?

Kushina is the strongest Kunoichi of all times... she gives birth to her son, endures the stress of him being life-threatened and even survives the Kyuubi being wrenched out of her. She has already surpassed Gaara, hasn't she? ^_^

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2010-07-08 at 06:53.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:44   Link #91
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I wonder what Kishi wanted to tell us by saying "The Uzumaki clan is really something special. You didn't even die right away after I ripped the bijou out of you."... does he want to indicate that Naruto will lose his Bijou in order to let the Jyuubi be created?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's bound to happen.
Old 2010-07-08, 06:49   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Okay, that was awesome but way too short.

And I could care less about Sasuke as a newborn.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:50   Link #93
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

FIINALLLYYY!

You know this is the manga called Naruto I remember. Something that actually had story and backbone. We've been waiting for this to be answered ever since the first chapter. And it's come at last.

I can't believe Kishimoto had to drag us through the painful badly written, badly drawn manga called Sasuke...

Even the drawing style of these are more like the original manga.

What a breath of fresh air...
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:51   Link #94
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
what chapter was that?
463, page 11.
Old 2010-07-08, 06:59   Link #95
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's bound to happen.
So this whole flashback side arc is just another lame excuse for Naruto surviving the extraction of the Kyuubi... that is lame, very lame. I thought Sakura could at least sacrifice herself for Naruto giving her life force to him just as Chiyo did, but I guess she'll never get the chance to redeem herself.

I can already see it clearly before my eyes:
Naruto and Sasuke fight, when both are exhausted, Madara just rips out the chakra, takes over Sasuke's body, creates the Jyuubi and the world is near it's end.
Naruto survives, he's related to the Rikudou Senin so he can get Nagato's eyes without any drawbacks... he uses that and Sage chakra to seal the Jyuubi into a new moon and he kills Madara in Sasuke's body and somehow revives Sasuke - at best he does that sacrificing himself and entrusting everything to Konohamaru and the others... oh please not!!
Old 2010-07-08, 07:12   Link #96
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
So this whole flashback side arc is just another lame excuse for Naruto surviving the extraction of the Kyuubi... that is lame, very lame. I thought Sakura could at least sacrifice herself for Naruto giving her life force to him just as Chiyo did, but I guess she'll never get the chance to redeem herself.

I can already see it clearly before my eyes:
Naruto and Sasuke fight, when both are exhausted, Madara just rips out the chakra, takes over Sasuke's body, creates the Jyuubi and the world is near it's end.
Naruto survives, he's related to the Rikudou Senin so he can get Nagato's eyes without any drawbacks... he uses that and Sage chakra to seal the Jyuubi into a new moon and he kills Madara in Sasuke's body and somehow revives Sasuke - at best he does that sacrificing himself and entrusting everything to Konohamaru and the others... oh please not!!
I am pretty sure Kushina is on her death bed. She may be alive, but there is probably no way to save her. Should the plan be to remove the kyubi, then a method to save Naruto in the short time until he dies would have to be thought of. That's my take at least.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:18   Link #97
yakumo-chan

im pretty sure kushina dies..... because we already know that
Old 2010-07-08, 07:19   Link #98
Ashaman

Quote:

Kushina is the strongest Kunoichi of all times... she gives birth to her son, endures the stress of him being life-threatened and even survives the Kyuubi being wrenched out of her. She has already surpassed Gaara, hasn't she? ^_^
She's still dying from the extraction. Just not the instant death that Gaara suffered.

At least, that's what I thought it was saying. Looking at Kushina, there is a very definite dying air about her.
Old 2010-07-08, 07:25   Link #99
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

She herself said that Minato used her chakra in order to seal the Kyuubi into Naruto. I guess she'll stay alive until then or else it wouldn't make sense.
Old 2010-07-08, 07:29   Link #100
yakumo-chan

tobi acts to be the real madara in this chapter - revenge on konoha....
unlike today... where he wants the moon eye plan.....

so... the only way to seal the kyubii again is to seal it to naruto... because he is the only uzumaki left...

wait a second here!! why didnt tsunade's mom or father became the hosts...? as far as I can see.... tsunade's mom or father also have an uzumaki bloodline since she/he is the son/daughter of Mito Uzumaki!?

Tags
weekly chapter discussion