AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-16, 21:48   Link #101
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
That, that's unfortunate...
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 21:56   Link #102
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
That, that's unfortunate...
And why...?
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 22:16   Link #103
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I don't think that my integrity should be automatically questioned just because I'm not borrowing.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 22:17   Link #104
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
That, that's unfortunate...
It isn't likely than the voters would know than your entry would be based on your own artwork, or even than it would influence them...
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 22:20   Link #105
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It isn't likely than the voters would know than your entry would be based on your own artwork, or even than it would influence them...
I'm not trying to get brownie points because I drew the artwork. I just don't like how we're expected to grab someone else's artwork and 'shop that, and if we draw it, we have to prove that we drew it. As if we'd be liars before we'd actually draw something.

Mind you, the only reasons I want to draw are because vectoring takes days/I don't understand finding vectors, and I want to use my new paint program.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 22:24   Link #106
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Back on topic...previous discussion could go on in SoTM discussion thread, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namiey View Post
another drafts:
i need more advice what kind of font should i use, so, c&c?

1st ver.


2nd ver.
I love both of these sigs, though the 2nd seems smoother and more finished than the 1st one. I tend to prefer simpler fonts, like Visitor. If you want to dress it up, maybe try playing with the first letter's size or change to a fancier font.

And to counter Evil Rick... I quite like the 2nd one's borders. I'm a big fan of using two different colors to border the left/right sides of a sig. ^_^
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 22:25   Link #107
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Netherrealm, thinking who to betray next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I don't think that my integrity should be automatically questioned just because I'm not borrowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I'm not trying to get brownie points because I drew the artwork. I just don't like how we're expected to grab someone else's artwork and 'shop that, and if we draw it, we have to prove that we drew it. As if we'd be liars before we'd actually draw something.
Ehhh... I think you're kinda of overrating a bit, please, don't grow mountains in a hole.

As I said, you're not the first one who has submited an entry with an original pic, several members had done it in the past and none was questioned, the reason is simple, we're qualifying graphic design skills, not drawing skills, so I don't see why you should feel ofended.

The rules applys if you say "I making the sig with a pic I draw by myself" and someone else finds out you didn't, so, for lying you get disqualified. I think it's pretty simple, in fact, there is no need at all to say "I draw the image stock" if you think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namiey View Post
another drafts:
i need more advice what kind of font should i use, so, c&c?

1st ver.
Well, the birds look a bit unrealistic, the "drop shadow" may be the reason.

Quote:
2nd ver.
I like this better, applys more to the theme and the sig looks good. I would just change the border and made it with the same color for the 4 sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post


I reworked the colored fireworks. Comments?
The fireworks looks great now, more realistic, however, doens't astroboy's arm looks a bit blurry?
__________________
Evil Rick is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 22:28   Link #108
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Well, that's over. Thanks.
Kudryavka is offline  
Old 2010-07-16, 23:09   Link #109
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Ehhh... I think you're kinda of overrating a bit, please, don't grow mountains in a hole.

As I said, you're not the first one who has submited an entry with an original pic, several members had done it in the past and none was questioned, the reason is simple, we're qualifying graphic design skills, not drawing skills, so I don't see why you should feel ofended.

The rules applys if you say "I making the sig with a pic I draw by myself" and someone else finds out you didn't, so, for lying you get disqualified. I think it's pretty simple, in fact, there is no need at all to say "I draw the image stock" if you think about.
This pretty much sums up what my post would be anyway, so I'll just quote it for truth.

The rule exists to disqualify liars and plagiarists. If you're going to claim that your work is 100 percent original, be prepared to defend yourself if someone calls you on it, assuming they have evidence of their claims. Otherwise make your entry and let what happens, happen.
__________________
Solace is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 01:23   Link #110
Reinako
チェックメイト・・・
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Urgh, here's my little shot at this. Comments and criticism is appreciated~

Reinako is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 01:38   Link #111
Namiey
is busy...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Under the same sky that we watched
Age: 19
Send a message via Yahoo to Namiey
i add the text, c&c?
__________________
Namiey is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 02:39   Link #112
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Remove that ugly purple line from her eye now! xD
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 03:43   Link #113
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Remove that ugly purple line from her eye now! xD
What Felix said......>_<

Besides that, it's a great entry all around.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 04:37   Link #114
Namiey
is busy...
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Under the same sky that we watched
Age: 19
Send a message via Yahoo to Namiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Remove that ugly purple line from her eye now! xD
will remove it, lol.
any c&c?
__________________
Namiey is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 06:06   Link #115
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Everything else looks good to me.
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2010-07-17, 09:41   Link #116
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
The fireworks looks great now, more realistic, however, doens't astroboy's arm looks a bit blurry?
Yep, the arm does look a little blurry. Now that the fireworks are improved, I can work on that area.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline  
Old 2010-07-18, 03:14   Link #117
abet17
jUsT be uR sELf
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 27
thanks for the comment ^_^

here is my 2nd draft......

1st


2nd
__________________
abet17 is offline  
Old 2010-07-18, 03:37   Link #118
Silver Dragon
SHOW DOWN
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon
imo the text should go, I think it'd be more natural without it. : )

No idea why I'm entering, also I don't user borders.
__________________
Silver Dragon is offline  
Old 2010-07-18, 06:24   Link #119
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
abet17, the 2nd look better but, the higher stroke of the ''f'' of flight might be a bit too big ( and the text could move a bit more on the corner)
__________________

ganbaru is offline  
Old 2010-07-18, 12:13   Link #120
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by abet17 View Post
2nd
I agree with ganbaru about the 2nd being the better one. I too think the font stands out a little too much. The 'F' is too sharp and grabs attention away from the should-be focal point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Dragon View Post
imo the text should go, I think it'd be more natural without it. : )

No idea why I'm entering, also I don't user borders.
Mm, another Touhou sig ^_^ While I really like what you've done with the original image (one of my fav wallies), I don't know if it really portrays that she's flying. For all I know from the sig, she could be standing on some cliff.
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
signature of the month, sotm

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.