AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 07:23   Link #81
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
I told everyone it would be Don last chapter discussion. I'm the foreseeing man!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:28   Link #82
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah that's exactly what I'm worried about. The comedy placement is just way too jarring. There's a time and place for comedy and this wasn't one of them.
With so much terrible crap going on right now, i find this comedic turn around to be a very welcomed change of pace... really, if you're gonna make up shit as you go and plague your writing with crap, then you might aswell make it throughly entertaining

Serious storytelling only forces readers to take the story seriously and thus notice every stupid writing element and plothole... readers are quicker to ignore those kinds of things when things are just crazy and funny
Slayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:38   Link #83
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

... what did tensa zangetsu mean when he said ichigo couldn't even hollow-fy properly?

and for the record, not only did i predict don kanonji's appearance, but i also predicted the attack that'll nail aizen in the back of his head too

oh yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! *bursts through kubo's underground bunker and plays bongo drums on his head*

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:47   Link #84
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Yeap... your Bleach predictions were accurate alright... I do believe Aizen fortold someone like you would someday appear tho.... at any rate:

CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 08:52   Link #85
Nite-Wing

Rangiku is the biggest WTF in this chapter
Did she pass Ichigo and Isshin in the Dangai or is Kubo just gonna overlook that.
I'm still waiting for Ryuken to show up but maybe hes still asleep.
Old 2010-07-08, 09:00   Link #86
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Rangiku is the biggest WTF in this chapter
Did she pass Ichigo and Isshin in the Dangai or is Kubo just gonna overlook that.
I'm still waiting for Ryuken to show up but maybe hes still asleep.
rangiku: "hiichigoishiinrunningaheadtointerceptaizenandginc antstoptotrainandgetstrongerandincreasemyoddsofsur vivalkthxbye"

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Wiggy Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 10:41   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Noticed something interesting...

Kanonji rushes Aizen, and Aizen tells him "Stop. If a human like you touches me you will cease to exist."

Question: Why does he care? He's there to wipe them all out anyway, so what does it matter to Aizen if a couple of them rush headlong into their violent deaths, popping like June bugs in a bug zapper, as opposed to dying however Aizen was planning to kill them? Hell, for that matter, how is he planning to kill them? One 80's-90's level kido should be able to flatten half of Soul Society at the power level he's at now, so what's the holdup?

There's something to this... Either that or else I've read too much good manga that actually foreshadows its twists...
Aizen lied. In reality, it's Aizen that would have ceased to exist if he had been touched by the Don's godly cane. Matsumoto unwittingly saved him from a mortal blow.
Old 2010-07-08, 11:10   Link #88
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowinsideme View Post
you and about 100 other people's XD
don't you water it down!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:32   Link #89
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
... what did tensa zangetsu mean when he said ichigo couldn't even hollow-fy properly?
Probably that the Super Hollow form has replaced the standard mask (or rather, evolved from it) as Ichigo's Hollowfication, and Ichigo's fear of transforming back into that form makes the process come out half-assed, which results in the mask we have been seeing since 378.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:37   Link #90
realslimshrimpy

i think what zangetsu meant was that since the beginning, Ichigo's fear had made his hollowfication retarded. The new mask we are seeing now is when ichigo was desperate and had no fear since he actually died and his hollow side took over completely, hence the current strong form
realslimshrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:36   Link #91
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Well, I think Rangiku only showed up to be rescued in the last moment in return. I mean what can she do, convincing Gin to a change of heart? Oh please don't tell me she too has achieved bankai a long time ago and was just too shy to use it all this time...
Rangiku could give us Gin-vs-Aizen

Kubo needs to buy time anyway.. although I would opt for a switch to Hueco Mundo(really want to know what Mayuri is doing with those two _important_ bodies)
Old 2010-07-08, 15:44   Link #92
SeanQ

wait...so does Ishin have a hollow form if he had to go through the same process to acquire the final gt?
Old 2010-07-08, 16:09   Link #93
kamyu

well judging from earlier conversations, every shinigami has an inner hollow. it is just usually sealed away.
Old 2010-07-08, 16:15   Link #94
Gin
*Artist

Can you show me said conversations? I'm having a hard time remembering them.
Old 2010-07-08, 16:56   Link #95
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
With so much terrible crap going on right now, i find this comedic turn around to be a very welcomed change of pace... really, if you're gonna make up shit as you go and plague your writing with crap, then you might aswell make it throughly entertaining
Agreed. Best chapter in ages.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 17:07   Link #96
kamyu

like when rukia was talking to ichigo about his inner hollow around the start of the arrancar arc (even though she shouldn't have ever seen it yet). or pretty much any time urahara talked about his research.
lest we forget, the hogyouku was originally made to dismantle that barrier keeping shinigami and hollow powers separate in a soul before it was retconned into a magic wish machine.
Old 2010-07-08, 18:44   Link #97
kaotika

I truly hope that this inner-training episode results in Ichemo finally conquering his hollow. I want the kid from the first arc back! Just hopefully Kubo doesn't find something else for him to cut himself over.
kaotika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:04   Link #98
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

Kubo needs to buy time anyway.. although I would opt for a switch to Hueco Mundo(really want to know what Mayuri is doing with those two _important_ bodies)
Thought it was just me . I'd rather see a switch and let Kubo think of something good to put in KT now than the current scene progressing.

Mayuri making a hollow army after studying the 2 dead bodies as a base would be grand.
Old 2010-07-08, 19:13   Link #99
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
*Bzzzzt* Wrong! Rangiku heel turn. I'm calling it. It makes no sense, so it's perfect. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotika View Post
I truly hope that this inner-training episode results in Ichemo finally conquering his hollow. I want the kid from the first arc back! Just hopefully Kubo doesn't find something else for him to cut himself over.
Ichemo. Nice. Personally I prefer Bitchigo...
Old 2010-07-08, 19:29   Link #100
Atsuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
*Bzzzzt* Wrong! Rangiku heel turn. I'm calling it. It makes no sense, so it's perfect. ^_^

Ichemo. Nice. Personally I prefer Bitchigo...
Rangiku becomes Gin's second in command and Hitsu becomes her pet shota.
Atsuro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread