AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 11:12   Link #1061
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
and, of course, just hit BB hard and fast before he even tries anything .. guy can't dodge to save his life .. good luck dishing out enough damage though
Yeah ofcourse, but he can tank his. So he probably can tank like thousands of hits. But he will still be in pain, but I wonder how long his gonna last this for. Taking point blank hits from Luffy is pretty painful..
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 11:54   Link #1062
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Of course. Right now, Luffy is no where near ready to face BB. But when they inevitably clash again, he'll be on a whole other level. That battle will be glorious.
What's the best defense against quakes?
Houses on rubbed joints, so they can withstand the tremors instead of the walls.

What's the best defense against gravity?
Sphere-shaped gum which can withstand lot of compression before breaking.

And what happens when you release a gumball from intense compression?
Yes.
It goes through your face, railgun style.

So for me, Luffy is definitely the best equiped to fight BB, especially since BB isn't a good melee fighter (and quite vulnerable to physical blows).
The only way for BB to hurt Luffy is to swallow lots of swords and pointy stuff and them swallow Luffy into it.
In that case, he would be pretty screwed.
But the movie 6 hinted Luffy is the quite of guy who still ask for more when turned into a walking porkupine...

I'm more worried about Luffy's crew.
Only Zoro and Sanji would be able to match those BB pirates.
But the others will certainly get seriously wounded.

Well, whatever Oda decides, it will definitely be a great fight.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:01   Link #1063
Kallen4life

I'm pretty sure a standart quakefist even w/o haki will hurt Luffy quite a bit .. he is NOT immune to physical damage - when did that happen ? What about all the grueling physical fights he fought and damage he endured (Lucci, looking at you) .. ALL of his opponents had haki ? I don't think so

moreover, BB already hurt Luffy, ignoring his rubber, back in Impel Down after turning off Luffy's DF .. with his bare fist .. NOW he has quakes

Quote:
BB isn't a good melee fighter
riiiiite
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:40   Link #1064
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
What's the best defense against quakes?
Houses on rubbed joints, so they can withstand the tremors instead of the walls.

What's the best defense against gravity?
Sphere-shaped gum which can withstand lot of compression before breaking.

And what happens when you release a gumball from intense compression?
Yes.
It goes through your face, railgun style.

So for me, Luffy is definitely the best equiped to fight BB, especially since BB isn't a good melee fighter (and quite vulnerable to physical blows).
The only way for BB to hurt Luffy is to swallow lots of swords and pointy stuff and them swallow Luffy into it.
In that case, he would be pretty screwed.
But the movie 6 hinted Luffy is the quite of guy who still ask for more when turned into a walking porkupine...

I'm more worried about Luffy's crew.
Only Zoro and Sanji would be able to match those BB pirates.
But the others will certainly get seriously wounded.

Well, whatever Oda decides, it will definitely be a great fight.
BB can suck Luffy in - and nullify his rubber power and then injure him badly.

I just don't see how the SH's will overcome BB's crew. pound for pound, the BB crew are just waaay tougher. I don't see it being a striaght fight between the 2 sides.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 12:54   Link #1065
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I just don't see how the SH's will overcome BB's crew. pound for pound, the BB crew are just waaay tougher. I don't see it being a striaght fight between the 2 sides.
The strawhats have LOTS OF TIME to improve.
Old 2011-02-11, 13:08   Link #1066
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Just wait.. Straw hat crew will definitely kill Blackbeard's crew at the end. I mean who is saying that they would fight at this minute right now? Like Blackbeard D. Kuma said they have a lot of time to improve and will eventually become evenly with Blackbeard's crew.
Old 2011-02-11, 13:45   Link #1067
SkoolRumble4Ya

I think one of the Straw hat crew will get kill and Luffy will rage but still get pwn by Blackbeard anyway.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 16:14   Link #1068
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I think one of the Straw hat crew will get kill and Luffy will rage but still get pwn by Blackbeard anyway.
Hmm I really doubt that :S.. But maybe ;P

Love how Akainu can taunt people and fall for his tricks and also into his hands.. Truly amazing. Hmm... I wonder if Marco is going to be one of the four emperors.. He's pretty strong and has a good and rare devil fruit power... Although I do wonder that what are the Whitebeard pirates going to do :S, Whitebeard is dead and Ace..
Old 2011-02-11, 16:18   Link #1069
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Although I do wonder that what are the Whitebeard pirates going to do :S, Whitebeard is dead and Ace..
Their first priority is to get out of Marineford alive.
Old 2011-02-11, 16:21   Link #1070
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Hmm... I wonder if Marco is going to be one of the four emperors.. He's pretty strong and has a good and rare devil fruit power...
BB is going to be the next emperor. I can guarantee it. Hell, Shanks even told WB that BB would one day come to steal his position.

You'll notice that Shanks' predictions have been correct so far. Ace indeed wasn't ready to face BB. There would be severe consequences should Ace and BB clash (the war at Marineford). Next, it's going to be BB superseding WB as an emperor.
Old 2011-02-11, 16:22   Link #1071
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Their first priority is to get out of Marineford alive.
Yeah I know that loool I mean what are they going to do after they leave Marineford if they do leave that place I meant. Akainu couldn't care less about the other Whitebeard pirates, but yeah you know episode 483? Why didn't Jimbe protect Luffy instead of Ace protecting Luffy xD! Omg :S Oh well ;p

Quote:
BB is going to be the next emperor. I can guarantee it. Hell, Shanks even told WB that BB would one day come to steal his position.

You'll notice that Shanks' predictions have been correct so far. Ace indeed wasn't ready to face BB. There would be severe consequences should Ace and BB clash (the war at Marineford). Next, it's going to be BB superseding WB as an emperor.
Yeah.. but he hasn't even mastered Whitebeards power, it would take him time to use WB's DF. No one can master a power a devil fruit that easily, but we'll wait and see though don't we ?
Old 2011-02-11, 16:31   Link #1072
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
BB can suck Luffy in - and nullify his rubber power and then injure him badly.

I'm sure it will be a straight fight, but just not any time in the near future. Luckily BB is taking the approach of a small but talented crew, which means Luffy's small and talented crew will have an easier time compared to fighting a massive crew. Just a question of the Straw Hats seriously powering up so they can stand in the same league. Not going to happen any time soon, but I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

The real question is what the heck is BB? The guy is just ridiculous with the damage he can tank and keep on going and now can use two devil fruit powers at once?
Old 2011-02-11, 17:43   Link #1073
Kallen4life

BB is far from invincible - no dodging whatsoever and as tough as he might be - there's a limit to that, I'm reasonably sure he wouldn't have been able to keep fighting with the same damage that WB took, Pops was likely unmatched in raw power and endurance even by Roger .. I'm willing to bet Roger was faster though

not to mention that in the water or with seastone every DF user is weak .. makes you wonder why they don't use more Karouseki weapons - so far it's just Smoker's stick and the nets in ID I think .. and Croc's custom cage .. it might be rare, but still ..
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:23   Link #1074
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yeah.. but he hasn't even mastered Whitebeards power, it would take him time to use WB's DF. No one can master a power a devil fruit that easily, but we'll wait and see though don't we ?
All in due time. It's heavily foreshadowed BB will be the next emperor.
Old 2011-02-12, 07:22   Link #1075
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

But Whitebeard normally holds a bisento, and he uses that more often when vsing a lot of people around him.. And he used it when his in deep trouble
Old 2011-02-12, 12:05   Link #1076
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
But Whitebeard normally holds a bisento, and he uses that more often when vsing a lot of people around him.. And he used it when his in deep trouble

Naw, Whitebeard was just smart and had trained himself not to rely on his Devil Fruit powers.

He mostly saves it for stronger opponents, but even then he can take them on without it.
Old 2011-02-12, 23:06   Link #1077
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Good episode this week. Sengoku is a beast by challenging the BB pirates all by himself. His shockwave looked awesome and his speech about the marines never faltering despite their main headquarters being destroyed was inspirational.

Jimbei's unwavering resolve to ensure Luffy survives was admirable. To still be alive after being impaled by a lethal magma fist shows how resilient the warlord is.

As usual, Akainu continues to play the role of terminator. His relentless pursuit of Luffy continues, but now he's been obstructed by Croc and the WB commanders.

Probably the biggest surprise of all is the intervention of the supernova Trafalgar Law. Quite the unexpected development indeed.

Here's the preview for the next episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Old 2011-02-12, 23:39   Link #1078
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Anime-only viewers, notice that X-shaped scar Akainu gave Luffy? It's gonna be a part of his character design from now on.~

And Law's finally showed up. Jinbei and Luffy have finally found their way out of this mess.~
Old 2011-02-13, 00:30   Link #1079
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Thanks for posting the preview, Blackbeard. I wonder if the anime is gonna go on a long run of fillers after this arc is over. As much as I hate fillers, OP should take a break from the main storyline, so when it returns we don't have 1 chapter per episode or worse.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 02:37   Link #1080
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ No problem . Indeed, the anime pacing has been pretty bad for a long while now. I'm hoping One Piece will eventually get the "Kai" treatment that Dragon Ball is getting right now.