AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 12:35   Link #641
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Spoiler for chapter 97:
Haven't read ch97 yet, but...
Spoiler for Manga:
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 12:53   Link #642
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Haven't read ch97 yet, but...
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for chapter 97:
Old 2009-07-10, 19:41   Link #643
Vicious108

There's a scanlation out now, so no more need for spoiler tags I think.

As usual, badass chapter. But I must say I was surprised at the end. Though a third Greed vs Wrath fight has been built up, I actually expected it to be Roy or Olivier when the voice first intervened. But this is just as good.

And wow at Father. He sure looks a lot like Pride now. I guess he won't have his current voice in the anime when he's like that.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Uh, I'm sure he's aware of that. He means how Buccanear first lost his arm and then had to replace it with automail.

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 97:
That would be fitting. The possible future leaders of the country of Amestris and the country of Xing joining forces to bring down a dictator.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 19:56   Link #644
Kirarakim

Mustang and Greedling VS Bradley would be cool. But then again so would Ran Fan & Greedling VS Bradley.

Overall I am just glad to see Greedling again. Next chapter should be great
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 20:06   Link #645
Vicious108

Yeah, it had been a while since we'd seen. And even longer for Wrath, two big returns in one chapter.

Ran Fan joining the fight would be cool too, since she definitely has a reason to want some payback on Wrath, but you gotta wonder if she'd be able to get out of it without losing anything this time.

And though a homunculus showdown has been promised, since Arakawa loves big team fights so much, I could see Buccanear and even Falman (who looked kind of cool this chapter) helping Greedling against Wrath.
Old 2009-07-10, 20:16   Link #646
Kirarakim

Falman's always cool (he's probably my favorite from Roy's men. Loved him ever since he roomed with Barry).
Old 2009-07-10, 20:47   Link #647
Vicious108

He may be Arakawa's favorite too, since he always gets more chances to shine than Breda or Fuery.

But man Roy sure can thank Greed for this. If Wrath had killed Falman, one can only guess what would have happened with Roy right after going through the whole avenging Hughes ordeal.
Old 2009-07-10, 21:52   Link #648
Sannom

Quote:
He wouldn't get a single scratch of course. He's a Homunculus with regenerating power.
We don't know if he has regenerative power. Heck, I believe he doesn't have on since all his stone's energy was burned up in the process of creating him. It seems that Mustang, Olivia and Grumman made the same assumption, seeing how they are surprised that he survived.

Bradley is just damn too fast and reactive to need regeneration (well, I think he is so fast and reactive BECAUSE he doesn't have regeneration).
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 23:32   Link #649
Ziziphus
Whatever

Oh, I never thought about that. I haven't seen him using his regenerative power either, so maybe you're right. If we think about it, regenarative power doesn't really go with aging, does it? But then again I don't know for sure...
Old 2009-07-11, 00:04   Link #650
Vicious108

Ling became a homunculus the same way Bradley did and Ling can regenerate, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bradley could as well. In fact, it's what I've always assumed.
Old 2009-07-11, 02:13   Link #651
duckroll
綺羅星★!

All Homunculi can regenerate. It would be silly to think they can't. It doesn't matter how they are made, because once you become one, your physical composition is no longer like a human's. But like the series has always shown, the regenerative power only makes them more durable than a normal human - it doesn't make them invincible or truly immortal.

We've also never really seen Bradley take on Greed while he's fully transformed. Bradley might be able to react the fastest, but if the entire shield is up I'm curious as to what he can really do.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 04:02   Link #652
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Ran Fan joining the fight would be cool too, since she definitely has a reason to want some payback on Wrath, but you gotta wonder if she'd be able to get out of it without losing anything this time.
Ran Fan helping Ling would already have been foreshadowed. I mean Hohenheim gave her the signal to look for Ling. So we can expect her to show up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Falman's always cool (he's probably my favorite from Roy's men. Loved him ever since he roomed with Barry).
No love for my man Havoc? He was cool when his call came as the truck of ammos came...

So what final battles have we had?

Armstrongs + Curtises vs Sloth
Roy + Hawkeye vs Envy
Greed/Ling + Ran Fan + scribs vs Wrath
Al + scrubs vs Kimblee + Pride
Hohenheim vs Father

Did I miss anything? Wait, can't remember it... During what fight did Pride absorb Gluttony? Or something like that?

Will Al and Roy get another fight? Will Ed have a major fight? Who gets to fight Pride again?
Old 2009-07-11, 04:05   Link #653
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think it's very likely that Ed will fight Pride as a mirror of Hoenheim fighting Father.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 05:30   Link #654
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I think it's very likely that Ed will fight Pride as a mirror of Hoenheim fighting Father.
I think Al will take on Pride because of the hole Pride can distrube Al's soul ordeal.

Ed and Hoenheim vs Father sounds like a good deal to me, with Ed being the main charater I doubt his last fight will be against Pride seeing how Pride is only a "capo" after all. I think it's only proper for Ed to take on the Don, also, it'll be a good opportunity for Hoenheim and Ed to make up and show us how good they can be working together.

As for Wrath, both Greed and Mustang seem to be proper opponents, but Mustang has already taken down 2 homunculus so maybe it'll be up to Ling/Greed to fill their quota. Ling's offense + Greed's defense sounds like a nasty combo.
Old 2009-07-11, 05:41   Link #655
Sannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
Ling became a homunculus the same way Bradley did and Ling can regenerate, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bradley could as well. In fact, it's what I've always assumed.
The same way, really? Let's take a look at it :

--- first and foremost, the process of creation : Ling accepted Greed immediately, and so his body wasn't destroyed and regenerated constantly as was Bradley's one because of the fight between the human's soul and the stone's soul.

--- second, the end result. Greed and Lin are too completely separate entities who can talk to each other, use the body with the same powers but can't get the other's skills unless they give him control. While in Wrath's case, the end result seems to be a mix of the two souls, Wrath keeping all the host's skills and apparently some of his human emotions : boredom and "love".

--- the difference in the number of souls they have : Greed still obviously "feels" like a Homonculus for the Xingese characters, even when he is in Lin's body. Wrath? Not so much. There is no difference between his soul signature and the one of a normal human. Which could mean that he has only one soul, and hence no energy to spend on regeneration, hence no regeneration power because that would be too dangerous. Hence why he was designed as the best fighter you could imagine, in order for him to survive long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
We've also never really seen Bradley take on Greed while he's fully transformed. Bradley might be able to react the fastest, but if the entire shield is up I'm curious as to what he can really do.
I think his best bet would be to throw Greed in a river. The guy should have a hard time swimming with that shield up, I think? Also, he would have to resort only to throws and grabs attack, because hitting Greed would be useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n
Who gets to fight Pride again?
Scar, perhaps? The guy still needs a showdown like the others. He should have it against Father or Wrath because they are the one who ordered and directed the Ishbal Genocide, but somehow I doubt it.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 07:52   Link #656
jonli
JONLIの憂'

This chapter blew my mind.

Spoiler for i shat bricks, lots of it:
Old 2009-07-11, 07:58   Link #657
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
No love for my man Havoc? He was cool when his call came as the truck of ammos came...
Well I never said I didn't love Havoc too. I love Breda and Fuery as well. Falman is just my favorite.

Quote:
Ed and Hoenheim vs Father sounds like a good deal to me, with Ed being the main charater I doubt his last fight will be against Pride seeing how Pride is only a "capo" after all. I think it's only proper for Ed to take on the Don, also, it'll be a good opportunity for Hoenheim and Ed to make up and show us how good they can be working together.
Yeah I kind of think Ed will take on father either with Hohenheim or even possibly with himself (I am still not 100% sure if Hohenheim will win the fight against Father but then again he has been doing pretty well so far). Ed is in the same location as Hohenheim at the moment so it makes the most sense.

Although I've also been thinking that there really aren't enough main villains for everyone to have a main fight (but Fullmetal Alchemist is not just fighting).
Old 2009-07-11, 07:59   Link #658
Charred Knight

Consider the theme of Brotherhood, their is no way the Elrics Brothers are not going to fight their final battle alone.

Either they double team father or they take on Pride together.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 08:02   Link #659
Kirarakim

Having Ed & Al fight together would work quite well for me.

It would be kind of cool for Scar & Roy to fight together as well I think (I know Roy had that fight with Envy but I don't think I want him to sit on the sidelines).

I also wonder what Mei's role will be in all this.
Old 2009-07-11, 08:25   Link #660
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Have someone figured out what are Father's real motives?