AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-08-06, 07:38   Link #781
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
Those discussions still remind me that there is still an extremely gifted alchemist out there who opened the door and performed the most "complete" human transmutation we've ever seen... but that the Homonculus never heard of him That is one poor information network if you ask me!
...Who would that be?
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 07:40   Link #782
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...Who would that be?
I wonder if he's talking about the Blind Alchemist. I haven't read that story myself, personally.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 07:52   Link #783
GaimeGuy

don't know anything about the blind alchemist, so I can't comment.

If he's talking about Dante from the first anime, she doesn't exist in the official canon :P
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:09   Link #784
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I wonder if he's talking about the Blind Alchemist. I haven't read that story myself, personally.
Me neither. Wonder if it's any good. Might watch the OVA that came with the first Brotherhood DVD.
Old 2009-08-06, 08:16   Link #785
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
There's no blind alchemist in the manga, so I doubt it. If Marcoh opened the door, he would probably be missing a limb or a body part or an organ of some sort. There's been nothing to indicate that much. Neither has anything been indicated in the manga that anyone else apart from Ed and Al has opened the door.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:30   Link #786
Sannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
...Who would that be?
Like people guessed, Jude, the Blind Alchemist. You should search on the net, you find scantrads easily.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 10:55   Link #787
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Arguably Marcoh has already opened the Gate ("off screen", before the beginning of the series), and the only reason he's not on Father's radar is because Scar "killed" him. Don't you need to perform human transmutation to create a Philosopher's Stone, since it consists of human souls? Wasn't Marcoh one of the ones churning Stones out for use in the war in Ishbal? Wasn't that the whole reason why, before Scar got to him, the homunculi were keeping him around instead of killing him?
Well, there's a scene in the manga where we can see a transmutation circle on the palm of his hand, if he needs a circle then he hasn't yet opened the gate.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:36   Link #788
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
There's no blind alchemist in the manga, so I doubt it. If Marcoh opened the door, he would probably be missing a limb or a body part or an organ of some sort. There's been nothing to indicate that much. Neither has anything been indicated in the manga that anyone else apart from Ed and Al has opened the door.
um... hohenheim and izumi
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 07:03   Link #789
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

According o me there won't be any fifth sacrifice as hohenheim, ed, al and mustang will stop the homunculi. Just too bad for you guys who have been thinking so much about the fifth one.
Old 2009-08-08, 07:47   Link #790
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
According o me there won't be any fifth sacrifice as hohenheim, ed, al and mustang will stop the homunculi. Just too bad for you guys who have been thinking so much about the fifth one.
The fifth sacrifice will be Pride. Having absorbed Kimberly he will finally be able to perform alchemy to help his "father" with his work. When Wrath's wife is killed in the crossfire, he will perform human alchemy to attempt to bring her back, making himself a suitable candidate to sacrificed. Father will sacrifice his first born son to complete the circle and open the path into heaven.
Old 2009-08-08, 09:24   Link #791
Kirarakim

Quote:
The fifth sacrifice will be Pride. Having absorbed Kimberly he will finally be able to perform alchemy to help his "father" with his work. When Wrath's wife is killed in the crossfire, he will perform human alchemy to attempt to bring her back, making himself a suitable candidate to sacrificed. Father will sacrifice his first born son to complete the circle and open the path into heaven.
That sounds as bad as the first series having Wrath being able to perform alchemy because he has Ed's limbs.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 09:40   Link #792
Vicious108

Yeah, it really doesn't sound like something Arakawa would pull.
Old 2009-08-08, 11:27   Link #793
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
According o me there won't be any fifth sacrifice as hohenheim, ed, al and mustang will stop the homunculi.
That would be anticlimactic if it comes true. It's still arguable who the fifth sacrifice is, but there should be one.
Old 2009-08-08, 11:31   Link #794
Vicious108

Yeah I can't believe the bad guys would be owned as much as not even being able to at least set their plan in motion.
Old 2009-08-08, 13:21   Link #795
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah I can't believe the bad guys would be owned as much as not even being able to at least set their plan in motion.
Well, they are dropping pretty fast. I mean, Greeling revolted and he's facing Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, and Sloth are all dead, and Father is facing the most powerful man in the series (along with himself)..... I agree that it'd be anticlimactic of them not to pull it off, but wouldn't their plan require the 5 sacrifices to do what they want? They haven't even decided on a 5th, let alone subjugated them to make them help...
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 13:46   Link #796
Vicious108

True, their situation doesn't look very good right now, but I feel that might change soon... Father just apparently received a power up so Hohenheim's in trouble, and Pride should make his arrival on the scene pretty soon as well. And Wrath might be busy at the moment but I can see him forcing Greed to retreat and then taking care of the sacrifices things.

But yeah in the end, who knows... maybe they will get owned like that, without having a chance to set their masterplan in motion. We'll see.

Oh and only 2~ days till the next chapter, yay.
Old 2009-08-09, 09:52   Link #797
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Alright! In 2 days or so we should be getting more GOOD FMA awesomeness! Woo hoo!
Old 2009-08-09, 09:57   Link #798
Kirarakim

Quote:
Alright! In 2 days or so we should be getting more GOOD FMA awesomeness! Woo hoo!
Yes we can have faith that Arakawa will deliver. Unlike Studio Bones
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 10:43   Link #799
Vicious108

Since this week's Brotherhood episode has been partially ruined for me, I'm extra looking forward to chapter 98 to get, as you well put it, GOOD FMA awesomeness. It's funny by comparison how anxious I get over each Brotherhood episode, fearing what they'll mess with each time, whereas with the manga I know for sure we'll get a quality work. If only BONES was half as consistent as Arakawa.
Old 2009-08-10, 08:36   Link #800
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Only 1 day to wait. Only one day. That's too much!!!