AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-15, 15:38   Link #881
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Now we know why Pride manipulated Al and co into driving back into Central so Al would be caught in the transmutation. I think next chapter we'll see what the transmutation did to Hoenheim. The only way I can think of for Father to get a fifth sacrifice at this stage would be if Roy or Marco try to get Ed and Al back using human transmutation. Or of course, someone we don't know about.

Wrath's fight was rather impressive, with minor characters continuing to earn their keep, and a climbing kill count for Wrath, in a manga that rarely kills off anybody.

I hope this doesn't end before Kimberly and May Chang come back.
I think Kimbley is as dead as they come. Pride ate him if I remember right. And that was after he'd been bitten at the neck by a "Lion." Even if we assume that Pride's stomach is just like Gluttony's (considering Pride absorbed him before eating everyone) and Kimbley ended up in that space between the real world and the Truth, he would've died of severe bloodloss in that space. With no one to heal him in there, I doubt he lived beyond a few minutes after ending up in there.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 15:45   Link #882
Keyaki
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
Anyone notice that Greed was actually crying in the last panel he is in? That kind of felt odd, I could see Ling crying not but Greed. Also, Ling can now take over whenever he wants? Since when did he learn to do that. The last time he had to ask Greed to switch out.
Keyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 16:16   Link #883
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Actually, surprisingly enough, I always found it interesting how Greed and Ling actually seemed to be on fairly good terms with each other. As for why Greed was crying, Greed values the lives of his subordinates quite highly. It could be a combination of Ling's grief at Fu's death and Greed's grief at losing another thing to Wrath, or the scene might remind Greed of when Wrath killed all his subordinates the first time. Remember when Greed first regained his memories, he pretty much broke down and snapped.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 19:37   Link #884
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I think Kimbley is as dead as they come. Pride ate him if I remember right. And that was after he'd been bitten at the neck by a "Lion." Even if we assume that Pride's stomach is just like Gluttony's (considering Pride absorbed him before eating everyone) and Kimbley ended up in that space between the real world and the Truth, he would've died of severe bloodloss in that space. With no one to heal him in there, I doubt he lived beyond a few minutes after ending up in there.
Pride said to Kimblee "You'll live on as part of me." so no, he ain't dead yet.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 20:39   Link #885
carcanclaw
Kitty?
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Pride said to Kimblee "You'll live on as part of me." so no, he ain't dead yet.
I'm not really sure what happened to Kimbley. Unlike Gluttony, he didn't have a philosopher's stone (besides the tiny one he ate during Ishbal), so I don't know what Pride would gain from eating him.

Maybe he'll start using Kimbley's body instead of his current one?
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:04   Link #886
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
An "extra" life for when he gets killed? Remember, the souls that make up the philosopher's stone have been shown to be "alive" or at least self-conscious by Hoenheim
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:11   Link #887
akire_and_atem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mexico
Age: 25
I still haven't lost hope that Kimbley will be the last sacrifice...
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 01:03   Link #888
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Pride said to Kimblee "You'll live on as part of me." so no, he ain't dead yet.
A lot of times, when someone devours someone else and says that, that's usually the end of the character himself but its not neccessarily the last time we see that character's physical appearance. Kimbley himself is dead, but I'm not doubting we'll see him again, although it will probably be as carcanclaw said, and Pride will be using Kimbley's body in the future, or perhaps his powers.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 03:39   Link #889
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
A lot of times, when someone devours someone else and says that, that's usually the end of the character himself but its not neccessarily the last time we see that character's physical appearance.
Don't forget that this is FMA we're talking about, anything is possible here.

Just look at when Ed and Ling were eaten by Gluttony.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 04:25   Link #890
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't forget that this is FMA we're talking about, anything is possible here.

Just look at when Ed and Ling were eaten by Gluttony.
I know what you mean. As I said before, if we assume that Pride's stomach is now like Gluttony's, Kimbley is all alone in that "pseudospace" if you will after receiving a deep bitewound from a "lion." I doubt anyone could live after receiving a wound like that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 05:02   Link #891
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the realm of thoughts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
An "extra" life for when he gets killed? Remember, the souls that make up the philosopher's stone have been shown to be "alive" or at least self-conscious by Hoenheim
I will rather go for this explanation. "a part of him" might be one additionnal soul. So Kimbley is practically part of Pride.
__________________
Far away from the hectic world I close my eyes to remember the past days... I still hope to see you again...
Krazzy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 07:36   Link #892
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyaki View Post
Anyone notice that Greed was actually crying in the last panel he is in? That kind of felt odd, I could see Ling crying not but Greed. Also, Ling can now take over whenever he wants? Since when did he learn to do that. The last time he had to ask Greed to switch out.
nah it was ling crying i think. greed was just hardening the skin, they were fighting for control
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:06   Link #893
GaimeGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
note that Bradley said "Greed?"

I think we're going to finally see Ling and greed working together
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:18   Link #894
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
I think it's going to be both of them working together. Remember, Ling has never been shown to be able to harden himself while he's in control of the body yet, so it's probably not just Ling.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:44   Link #895
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I know what you mean. As I said before, if we assume that Pride's stomach is now like Gluttony's, Kimbley is all alone in that "pseudospace" if you will after receiving a deep bitewound from a "lion." I doubt anyone could live after receiving a wound like that.
Pride could easily heal with him with his philosopher's stone regenerative power in order to make use of his abilities.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:30   Link #896
GaimeGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Yep. GreedLing was crying, but also hardened. That, coupled with Bradley being somewhat puzzled as to who he was fighting (he said "greed?" as though he was asking confirmation that he was fighting greed, or that he wasn't certain... up till now, he's been able to tell when he's fighting ling and when he's fighting Greed, or even when he's not fighting them, but just watching them move.), seems to suggest they're both in control at the same time, now.

It does seem like Greed learned a few things about fighting from Ling for the few months or so they've been Greedling, but ling is still the better fighter. however, it looks like they're finally going to share the body at the same time, with greed handling the regeneration and ultimate shield, and Ling handling the actual maneuvering and combat.

Ran fan will certainly join the fight, and Bradley's speed is likely hampered by his injury (unless he also has regeneration, in which case I'd give up if I were fighting him LOL), so Bradley's end maybe approaching.

...

GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 12:49   Link #897
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
If Bradley had the same restorative abilities as the other homunculus, I doubt he would experience such a thing as old age. The fact is that apart from his eye, Bradley is the most human out of all the Homunculus. Even Ling and his bodyguards admit that he doesn't give off the same repulsive presence as his counterparts. Even to them, he appeared to be completely human. That being said, I doubt he would heal from that injury any faster than a normal human would.

Endless Twilight: Perhaps Pride could heal him inside his stomach using his portion of the stone, but wouldn't there be a risk that Kimbley would use the stone to try getting out of him like Ed and Ling did? Not to mention I think Kimbley still had his own stone with him. I like the idea that Kimbley added an extra life to Pride better tbh.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 13:01   Link #898
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Well I am pretty sure Bradley's stone only has one soul in it. That is why Ling & Ran Fan could not sense him like the other homunculus. So yeah I don't think he will be able to regenerate. But I don't think it's been made completely clear either way. I guess we will find out next chapter.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 13:56   Link #899
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Endless Twilight: Perhaps Pride could heal him inside his stomach using his portion of the stone, but wouldn't there be a risk that Kimbley would use the stone to try getting out of him like Ed and Ling did? Not to mention I think Kimbley still had his own stone with him. I like the idea that Kimbley added an extra life to Pride better tbh.
To heal somebody with his Philosopher's Stone, Pride would have to use alchemy, which, as a Homunculus, he can't do, beyond healing himself.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 14:10   Link #900
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
To heal somebody with his Philosopher's Stone, Pride would have to use alchemy, which, as a Homunculus, he can't do, beyond healing himself.
That was something stated only in the first anime series. The manga never said anything about the homunculi being unable to use alchemy.

And as for Wrath, I think it's been made pretty obvious that he can't regenerate. Only one soul left in him, the only homunculus that ages and the fact that when Buccanear stabbed him it was such a big and impactful page and panels. Yeah, pretty sure that's permanent damage for him. Though it doesn't necessarily mean he's done for just yet.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.