AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-29, 13:54   Link #1321
babohtea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I can see Wrath dying in the next chapter, now that Scar has completed his brother's alchemy. He should be stronger than ever. Scar's arm is capable of human transmutation. He was able to destroy human bodies with his right. Now, he may be able to carry out more complex transmutations with the other to inhibit Wrath's movements (altering the flow of blood for instance). Wrath is in danger. If Scar touches him with either hand, he's screwed.

As for Pride, I don't know if he'll die that easily in the next chapter. He's in much better shape than Wrath and he has far more energy than him on top of that. Also, Wrath's fighting style is much more similar to a human's except for the fact that his eye enables him to react much faster. Pride's abilities are much more demonic on the other hand, so dealing with him won't be as easy. Ed and Al have a way of dealing with that, but there is also Homunculus to deal with at the same time, so it's not gonna be easy at all. The only way I see Pride biting the dust in the next chapter is if Homunculus absorbs him for more power. Pride was part of Homunculus at one time after all.
...Scar can't do human transmutation...?
All of the halfway decent alchemists we've seen so far have been able to alter their opponents bodies' with alchemy. That doesn't mean they can create true life?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 14:20   Link #1322
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Transmuting the material of the body is not the same thing as "human transmutation" which implies trying to manipulate life itself with alchemy.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:08   Link #1323
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
As for Pride, I don't know if he'll die that easily in the next chapter. He's in much better shape than Wrath and he has far more energy than him on top of that. Also, Wrath's fighting style is much more similar to a human's except for the fact that his eye enables him to react much faster. Pride's abilities are much more demonic on the other hand, so dealing with him won't be as easy. Ed and Al have a way of dealing with that, but there is also Homunculus to deal with at the same time, so it's not gonna be easy at all. The only way I see Pride biting the dust in the next chapter is if Homunculus absorbs him for more power. Pride was part of Homunculus at one time after all.
I am not sure that is true. After Pride sent Roy on his trip to the gate he started to literally fall apart, and coupled with Roy's and Ed's analysis with the fact that he didn't counter the brothers attack and instead dodged it, it seems to me that Pride is in a more dangerous state than Wrath. Hell, I don't even think Homunculus would even bother eat him in that state, not when he is still trying to digest Hohenheim.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 18:33   Link #1324
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I am not sure that is true. After Pride sent Roy on his trip to the gate he started to literally fall apart, and coupled with Roy's and Ed's analysis with the fact that he didn't counter the brothers attack and instead dodged it, it seems to me that Pride is in a more dangerous state than Wrath. Hell, I don't even think Homunculus would even bother eat him in that state, not when he is still trying to digest Hohenheim.
Ah yeah, forgot about that. Pride probably lost all his "lives" after taking Roy to the gate. That was his price to pay for that stunt. Guess he is likely to bite the dust in the next chapter as well. Not unless his absorbing Kimblee from a while back suddenly comes into play here, but I doubt that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:03   Link #1325
Ziziphus
Whatever
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SEA
Age: 26
It's coming near, isn't it? That day!

Anyway, it always hurts my head to think about how major plot points will be solved in upcoming chapters. Besides that, I have something I've been wondering about for a while:

- When Bradley dies, will he turn into ashes like Lust or will he leave a corpse like a human? His body wasn't created by the stone like other homunculi, so I'm expecting a corpse...

- Have we been shown another transmutation circle somewhere in Central, the one that is similar to that engraving in the ruins of Xerxes? If Father is going to repeat the same incident in Xerxes, he must need one for human transmutation, right? other than the nation-wide one for the PS. If that is the case, I think we'lll get to see that circle soon...

And some more trivial things, I really want to know:

- The location of Pride's ouroboros tattoo. (He's the only one who hasn't shown his tattoo anywhere now, or has he?) xD

- Scar's real name. As I said before, I'm dying to know his real name, I bet it's a badass-sounding name! xD

Of course stuff like that may never be answered, but I can still hope! Oh bring me new chapters already!
__________________
Let's go Seishun Fishing! -Tsuritama
Ziziphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 17:25   Link #1326
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Scar's name. It's just a name after all. Could be Bob for all we know. And regardless, he'll always be more well known as Sexy Hobo.

And remember we still don't know what the country-wide transmutation circle is for. When Marcoh theorized that it was to create a new stone Envy denied it, so it's bound to have a much greater purpose.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 17:45   Link #1327
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 19
It's pretty scary. But if they have a country-wide transmutation circle that can take the lives of everyone in the country, what are the five sacrifices for...? Why are they so significant, anyway?

Ugh... I want answers...
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 19:20   Link #1328
Ziziphus
Whatever
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SEA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up for Scar's name. It's just a name after all. Could be Bob for all we know. And regardless, he'll always be more well known as Sexy Hobo.

And remember we still don't know what the country-wide transmutation circle is for. When Marcoh theorized that it was to create a new stone Envy denied it, so it's bound to have a much greater purpose.
I'm not very fond of the name Sexy Hobo, Scar still sounds better at least! xD

And if I recall correctly, Envy just denied that their purpose is to create the PS. I believe Father's goal is much bigger too, but whatever it is they want to do, they need to first create a new PS to cover the price for it, and the nation-wide transmutation circle is there for the stone. That's what I think.
__________________
Let's go Seishun Fishing! -Tsuritama
Ziziphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 03:53   Link #1329
GaimeGuy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
I'm not very fond of the name Sexy Hobo, Scar still sounds better at least! xD

And if I recall correctly, Envy just denied that their purpose is to create the PS. I believe Father's goal is much bigger too, but whatever it is they want to do, they need to first create a new PS to cover the price for it, and the nation-wide transmutation circle is there for the stone. That's what I think.
Nope, Marcoh specifically asked about using the transmutation circle to create a philosopher's stone, which Envy said wasn't correct.




Father told hohenheim he wants to become the perfect being.
We also know that Father tried to create an artificial gate (a failure resulting in the creation of gluttony).

I believe Father wants to become God/The Truth. How and why he needs the 5 sacrifices I don't know. Perhaps it is linked to the reason why all of them are able to transmute without circles (assuming that hohenheim could do so even if he weren't a giant philosopher's stone and roy can do it now, as well)? If it was something you could actually learn and understand, you'd think they'd be able to explain the process to other alchemists. The closest explanation we've gotten is when Izumi told Ed and Al "I sort of act as the transmutation circle myself."

The one thing we know is that they need five individuals who have open the gate, and all the individuals who have opened the gate have lost something while gaining the knowledge to transmute without a circle.


Because of the links with historical alchemy that sometimes get nodded to in FMA, I think it's worth noting that in traditional alchemic and medieval sciences, there are five elements: Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Ether.

In East-Asia, these elements are Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Metal. Fire and Metal correspond nicely to Roy and Ed(or Al), but that's the extent of the connection I see.
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 05:10   Link #1330
quigonkenny
Omae wa mou binbou iru...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Osaka raid...
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Because of the links with historical alchemy that sometimes get nodded to in FMA, I think it's worth noting that in traditional alchemic and medieval sciences, there are five elements: Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Ether.

In East-Asia, these elements are Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Metal. Fire and Metal correspond nicely to Roy and Ed(or Al), but that's the extent of the connection I see.
Hohenheim is earth, Mustang is fire (obviously), Ed is wind, Izumi is water, and of course Al is heart... ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 06:09   Link #1331
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Chapter 104: Center of the World
Spoiler for for pics and summary:


So um.... yeeeaaah.... sh**'s finally hit the fan. The world is ending, the manga is ending, and it's up to our heroes to reverse all this.
I kinda dissapointed it turned into a sekai-kei story, but meh, it was half expected. Too bad this means we most likely won't be seeing majority of the characters involved in the action.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2010-02-06 at 08:32.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 08:17   Link #1332
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
You can't post the raw here as Viz liscensed Fullmetal Alchemist years ago
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 08:24   Link #1333
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You can't post the raw here as Viz liscensed Fullmetal Alchemist years ago
Hmm, it's usually just considered screen caps, or cam spoilers, (originally posted on imepita).
It's a series of blurry pics taken with camera, and not usually considered an actual RAW. Hell, the text isn't even legible.
However, he did cover the entire chapter this time (he was probably overly excited).
I'll delete it, and just leave the title page then.

I wondered if this crosses the border of RAW and just cam screencaps, and it usually doesn't, but I'll play it safe.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2010-02-06 at 08:34.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 09:20   Link #1334
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Aohige do you mind if I say I love you right now?

Spoiler:
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 13:40   Link #1335
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 19
I saw all 52 pages... spoiler cam pics...

Spoiler for chapter 104:
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 13:45   Link #1336
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Just a correction Haladflire

Spoiler:
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 13:58   Link #1337
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Just a correction Haladflire

Spoiler:
Spoiler for chapter 104:
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:54   Link #1338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Spoiler for 104:
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:57   Link #1339
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Spoiler for 104:
Spoiler for 104:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:58   Link #1340
Sannom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Spoiler for Chapter 104:
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.