AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 14:50   Link #1
tyciol
*Artist

Windaria (1986) 童話めいた戦史ウインダリア (Douwa Meita Senshi Uindaria) FairyTaleWarOnceUponATime

Here is the tracker for this movie: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/584.html

It is 1h40m (100 minutes) long.

When I did a search for 'Windaria' in topic titles on AnimeSuki I got no results so I thought I would create one. The tracker lists 31005 as its topic but when I clicked it, it was inaccessible to all but staff, I'm not sure why.

I heard of this series via AnimeClassicReviews. It appears to have been subtitled by Live-Evil in 2005.

It's pretty interesting so far. In synopsis, it is named after a giant tree which people in a small village worship.

There is a prince and a princess of 2 different kingdoms who fall in love with each other and send each other love letters via a pigeon.

There is also this married couple, the husband saves the princess' city from a flood and there is also this sad lady who fell in love with a ghost ship captain.

This movie has amazing scenery and I hope you all get the chance to enjoy it. It's epicly classic.

Right now the link is to Fansub-Torrents but I'm getting an error when I click it so I'm not sure if it will work for people. ACR used to distro their releases via MU. They brought attention to it back in 2007: http://www.animeclassicreviews.com/2...aria-1986.html

So unfortunately people can't get it from them right now. Nyaa only seems to have two 2gig versions and a 6.4 gig version. This is unfortunate since while they're probably higher-quality, the lower size of LE's work recirculated by ACR would make the movie more accessible to a wider variety of people.

I'll go back to watching it now, but tell me if anyone is interested in seeing it because maybe I can figure out how to create a torrent.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote