AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-28, 14:03   Link #1441
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Ugh this thing knows how to make me want to hate it yet keep following for now, seriously Kyou and Kotomi lost to webcomic character? D:, I suppose I'll follow next round for Azusa, Fate, Kuroneko, Rin, Tomoyo, Ui, Mio, Nadeko, Kirino, and a few others.

My Votes:
29. Don't give a dam about anyone here really
30. Last Order -Toaru Majutsu no Index
31. Kikyo - Inuyasha
32. Koyomi Araragi - Bakemonogatari
Old 2010-11-28, 14:49   Link #1442
Ithekro
Warning

Well there is also that you can vote instantly. It means that people forget to put in their data before (or after) voting. I think I missed putting in the whole male adult foreigner data on one of these votes. A minute or so wait would give time to look at results and enter that data...or at least remind me to do it since the data resets every time I turn on the computer.

And I suppose this means people will need to look up other series to see if the survivors are worth voting for in a moe contest (the survivng girls that is).
Old 2010-11-28, 16:21   Link #1443
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well there is also that you can vote instantly. It means that people forget to put in their data before (or after) voting. I think I missed putting in the whole male adult foreigner data on one of these votes. A minute or so wait would give time to look at results and enter that data...or at least remind me to do it since the data resets every time I turn on the computer.

And I suppose this means people will need to look up other series to see if the survivors are worth voting for in a moe contest (the survivng girls that is).
but what would it default you to? truly it couldn't be female under 18 lol
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-11-28, 16:31   Link #1444
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
but what would it default you to? truly it couldn't be female under 18 lol
if you don't vote in the survey it just leaves you out in voter demographic analysis graphs/charts, except for the country one which is done by IP, I think.

29 Beatrice
30 Masaomi Kida
31 Keiichi Maebara
32 Ika-Musume

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2010-11-28, 17:04   Link #1445
exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou View Post
if you don't vote in the survey it just leaves you out in voter demographic analysis graphs/charts, except for the country one which is done by IP, I think.

29 Beatrice
30 Masaomi Kida
31 Keiichi Maebara
32 Ika-Musume
투표자 분석 통계 응답률 : 78%

I don't know what this thing means, but I think it's something like vote error...
Old 2010-11-28, 17:48   Link #1446
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec View Post
투표자 분석 통계 응답률 : 78%

I don't know what this thing means, but I think it's something like vote error...
that means 78% of voters answered the survey

Old 2010-11-28, 18:27   Link #1447
exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbehindyou View Post
that means 78% of voters answered the survey
They don't count those who didn't answer the survey in the Graphs, they only count them as votes that's what I think.

Last edited by exec; 2010-11-28 at 18:42.
Old 2010-11-28, 19:25   Link #1448
wontaek

Quote:
They don't count those who didn't answer the survey in the Graphs, they only count them as votes that's what I think.
yes, but for the world map showing who was #1 in which country, this was done solely by ip address of vote received, thus your vote will be reflected in that map whether or not you answered the demographic survey.
Old 2010-11-28, 22:21   Link #1449
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
1. Beatrice
2. Last Order
3. K1 (I really despise the idea of Sasktard winning this)
4. Ika Musume
Old 2010-11-29, 09:22   Link #1450
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Fujioshis really are the worst? A moe contest where Fate gets the one of the votes in her group. Nanoha losing. AMI LOSING. MIND FUCK CONTEST.

Well at least Fate past the next round. And Hitagi's also gets female voters.
Old 2010-11-29, 09:40   Link #1451
hinakatbklyn

Kind of expected results. Last order advancing was a good surprise. Interesting surprise, squid girl advanced by a mere 2 votes.
Old 2010-11-29, 10:00   Link #1452
imbehindyou
turn around...

Ika-chan is one step closer to taking over the world!

Old 2010-11-29, 13:51   Link #1453
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So I checked the results of this and the previous groups ...

Korea, are you trolling me? By now I am used to dumb stuff coming from fangirls and series block voting which reached the point where fans don't even look who a character is against as long as s/he is in the right series.

Hina losing to Phantom Kid who is one of my favourite characters in Detective Conan but has the appealing factor of a block of wood.
Dead Master losing to an animal, what the hell.
SIRIUS BLACK. WHAT THE FUCK IS SIRIUS BLACK DOING HERE? At least he lost.
Nanoha lost to Koizumi. ->Koizumi who does nothing except trolling and shooting a few fireballs.
Masamune Date > Index. Eyepatch moe~~
Rin lost to ............ A CHICKEN? I fking don't care how awesome it is, it's a goddamn chicken.
lol Kazuha winning, even though she is my favourite in Conan. gg block voting.
SAKI.LOST.AGAINST.LAYTON. WHAT.THE.FUCK
SHANA LOST AGAINST ....who?
Fusuke takes out Kuroneko, I can't even describe how ridiculous that is.
>Conan Edogawa. >1130 votes >My face
Poplar lost against wtf is that?
Megurine Luka who manages not be have an anime NOR a manga that can be taken serious wins over Accelerator. Korea you disappointed me for the last time.
Yugi 339 - 249 Yurippe ... ... ... whenever you think it can't come worse, there is Korea.
Jun Jo? Jun Jo! Excuse me while I wash my eyes.
Kagami, after all a Saimoe Japan winner (even though that year doesn't exist), lost. Against a cat. Go figure.

A picture says more than a thousand words:

YA MA DA lost because she was against a Hitman Reborn character.
Anri got defeated by something my 6 year old could have drawn better. And not only am I not married, I don't even have a 6 year old.
Ami probably just has an orgasm. Or at least that's what I think after looking at her pic.
Hermione? Please go back to Sirius Black. Oh wait.
>Taiga >400 votes >Male voters, how do they work?
Horo got taken out by someone from Shugo Chara. Yes I am in shock too.
YUI LOST AGAINST ASH KETCHUM. YES ASH KETCHUM FROM POKEMON. Korea you disappointed me for the last time again.
Rikuo Nura, whoever you are, you are so horrible that you lost against an expressionless girl.
Hitagi lost against Kakashi, who for girls might be pretty cool and fancy but if you look closer the reason he won is because KOREAN FANGIRLS LOVE PRETTY GUYS.
YOSHI I WILL REMEMBER YOU FOREVER
Len Kagamine > Fate. Same with Luka vs Accelerator.
Mafuyu lost because she against a Hitman Reborn character.
wtf Tadase. wtf Nymph. wtf Shugo Chara.
Sasugay who is generally agreed to be a bad character manages to get 509 votes.
Kanaria even though I don't like you, you didn't deserve to lose against whatever that is.
Old 2010-11-29, 14:13   Link #1454
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

lol Eis, thats why i dont vote on this anymore, I do however check back on results every now and then to see how terrible the voting demographic is since it provides some good "so unbelievable its entertaining" laughs
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-11-29, 14:17   Link #1455
exec

I have a question, will this tournament result be counted in ISML?
I mean there is some rule about other saimoe tournaments results being auto qualified in ISML...
Old 2010-11-29, 16:31   Link #1456
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Quote:
I have a question, will this tournament result be counted in ISML?
I mean there is some rule about other saimoe tournaments results being auto qualified in ISML...
Unless ISML has changed their rules Only ISML, Best Moe, and [Japan] Saimoe Moe count to get auto get into prelims for ISML, as for obvious reasons ISML doesn't care about the results of Super Moe.
Old 2010-11-29, 16:34   Link #1457
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I don't think this tournament counts for anything outside of Korea. We should all have known better from the begining to not take this serious, but moe is to much serious business to ignore
Old 2010-11-29, 21:27   Link #1458
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Unless ISML has changed their rules Only ISML, Best Moe, and [Japan] Saimoe Moe count to get auto get into prelims for ISML, as for obvious reasons ISML doesn't care about the results of Super Moe.

You are only half right. The stats from Super Moe is taken in consideration when deciding upon the seeding for Prelim. Also in the beginning(2008), Super Moe Tournament was used to decide upon the Auto qualifiers for the regular season.

If you are interested, The next round will begin in December 3rd, Korean time. The teams will be announced before December 2nd. The reason for the delay is to move Super Moe Tournament server to one that has bigger capacity. The administrator will likely run several new features in the next round.

Supermoe tournament has been used to test all the various possibilities that people are afraid to try in the regular Best Moe Tournament proper. Although this lead to disproportionate female voter representation this year, I do have to ask why Supermoe attracted less than half of male voters compared to the 2010 Female Division from the start. In fact why does it have less than fifth of the number of the probable male voters in ISML 2010 DE final? Are females to be blamed for keeping their turnouts high when Male voter numbers were way down even at the very beginning? Should female voters be criticized for remembering to vote?

Finally, I have to say this. Why do you think your opinions are superior to those Fan girls' opinions?
Old 2010-11-29, 23:05   Link #1459
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
You are only half right. The stats from Super Moe is taken in consideration when deciding upon the seeding for Prelim. Also in the beginning(2008), Super Moe Tournament was used to decide upon the Auto qualifiers for the regular season.
Thanks for that clarification.
Quote:
If you are interested, The next round will begin in December 3rd, Korean time. The teams will be announced before December 2nd. The reason for the delay is to move Super Moe Tournament server to one that has bigger capacity. The administrator will likely run several new features in the next round.
I'll plan to vote for at least that round to support some characters [though that amount might drop too low for me to be interested after the next].

Quote:
Supermoe tournament has been used to test all the various possibilities that people are afraid to try in the regular Best Moe Tournament proper. Although this lead to disproportionate female voter representation this year, I do have to ask why Supermoe attracted less than half of male voters compared to the 2010 Female Division from the start. In fact why does it have less than fifth of the number of the probable male voters in ISML 2010 DE final? Are females to be blamed for keeping their turnouts high when Male voter numbers were way down even at the very beginning? Should female voters be criticized for remembering to vote?

Finally, I have to say this. Why do you think your opinions are superior to those Fan girls' opinions?
Most of the male voters probably want a break after following ISML, Best Moe, and [Japan] Saimoe to their end, or they don't know it about this one maybe?

And lastly, I don't completely, but when for example when the majority of the fans of say Gintama, Bleach, Durarara!!, or Death Note would not call the main male characters from those series "moe" I have to question as to what basis for their voting on, as it comes off simply as series fandom voting rather than actually voting by "moe", if it were select characters from the series maybe, but by which characters are getting most votes it doesn't seem that way at all.
Old 2010-11-30, 01:01   Link #1460
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

And lastly, I don't completely, but when for example when the majority of the fans of say Gintama, Bleach, Durarara!!, or Death Note would not call the main male characters from those series "moe" I have to question as to what basis for their voting on, as it comes off simply as series fandom voting rather than actually voting by "moe", if it were select characters from the series maybe, but by which characters are getting most votes it doesn't seem that way at all.
Is the Majority you speak of mostly of male anime fans?

Actually, can you first tell me what kind of traits or which characters would typical FEMALE anime fans would consider 'moe'?

Tags
saimoe