AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 15:52   Link #21
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Certainly. But let's be completely blunt here: what this kid was doing had nothing to do with 'destroying society'. He's several tiers removed from anything meaningful like that.
I agree; he was just some punk kid that the media decided to glorify due to the unusual nature of his behavior. He's hardly a "revolutionary."

Most "revolutionaries" are hardly that. Every time I see some dumb bitch in Berkeley wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt, I really want to ask her if she's a fan of South American drug lords.
Old 2010-07-13, 15:59   Link #22
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I agree; he was just some punk kid that the media decided to glorify due to the unusual nature of his behavior. He's hardly a "revolutionary."

Most "revolutionaries" are hardly that. Every time I see some dumb bitch in Berkeley wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt, I really want to ask her if she's a fan of South American drug lords.
That's why I prefer this shirt, featuring a man who actually helped revolutionize an aspect of human culture! <3

Really, in the end, what this kid's story amounts to is a safe fantasy. He lived outside the law without daring to really challenge anyone or anything meaningful. It has the romantic notion of 'freedom' attached without the risks or effort involved in something real.