AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2010-08-21, 12:50   Link #1081
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
If we manage to "find" some sort of two-way communication we could put spotters and schirmishers up on roof tops. They could give advanced warning and if necessary start a( oh what do you call it when they try to get the attention of the other side off of the main target?).
Also this would give our roving patrol/scavangers time to regroup and our grenadiers time to get a fix on the incoming trouble.
If we get a foot hold on a town or city, how long do we stay?
actuly time is our only enemy

if we decide to stay yes there is food shelter but in the long run it may prove fatal since we do have a limited stock and the shelter may become a prison rather than a stronghold

soo as bear grylls advice

Think about leaving the place rather than staying

so in short it is better to scavange what we need and want stay for a few days or weeks them rig up a defensive transport and move out of the undead infested city
Old 2010-08-21, 14:13   Link #1082
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
The Walking Dead, a new Zombie movie coming out 2011 i belive, cant wait
Old 2010-08-21, 15:07   Link #1083
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
i still prefer a police stations since it has ammo weapon a polic car/van/swat van and and readily accessible radio equipment not to mention secure holding cells where you can at least sleep with a peace of mind
I doubt police stations will be a good idea since most people would go there for refuge when the shit starts.

A church could be a good place to hold out, with plenty of benches inside which we can tear down to board up the glass windows.

The problem would be a nearby cemetery if there is any though.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 17:10   Link #1084
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I doubt police stations will be a good idea since most people would go there for refuge when the shit starts.

A church could be a good place to hold out, with plenty of benches inside which we can tear down to board up the glass windows.

A church would be just as bad as a Police Station, every religious nutcase would go to them and even quite a bit of normal people. During Z Day people would be mostly in ignorance about what was going on and that is a very strong reason for people to go and pray.

Also cemeteries don't mean jack during Z-Day since dead bodies would still be at morgues when they turned (and zombies don't eat dead flesh nor do they dig).

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 17:39   Link #1085
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Unlikely to be a problem. Digging yourself out from six feet under is quite difficult, especially if you're in a coffin and have experianced decades of decomposition.
Roger Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 18:04   Link #1086
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

then again i would rather stay in my house that i have been prepping up for the Z day to come

oh and you guys are welcome jsut bring your stacked MREs and ammo and weapon and we can ha e a blas

i also have a Military grade armored Humvee
Old 2010-08-21, 20:19   Link #1087
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
then again i would rather stay in my house that i have been prepping up for the Z day to come

oh and you guys are welcome jsut bring your stacked MREs and ammo and weapon and we can ha e a blas

i also have a Military grade armored Humvee
I'll bring whatever food I can bring from my house if I'm gonna stay over there. But I probably wont be able to carry much since I cannot use a car or I will eventually get meat-shield blocked and the zombies will get me. So I'll just bring some bottles and snacks.

So how have you been preparing your house for Z-day?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 21:47   Link #1088
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Very cool gentlemen! ZeKeR instead of using a cartridge let's use a 40mm grenade, if we can spare 'em that is!
And instead of strategically placed ammo piles, how 'bout we assign runners for ammo? Or for that matter non-combatants as magazine loaders?
well we are still in the vicinity of the church, so runners are just well.... if my mind is not failing me, then ammo runners are for those that have long defensive lines. since we are in church grounds outside, its better to pile small caches of ammo in the defensive line, and when it starts to expend, thats the time we need to call runners to refill the dwindling caches. the sniper in the belfry will have his/her own ammo supply alongside. well this is assuming that we are to be defending in the church if we manage to reach city outskirts.

40mm nades cant pierce but they can blow chunks of hamburger from teh body tho.
Old 2010-08-22, 07:38   Link #1089
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'll bring whatever food I can bring from my house if I'm gonna stay over there. But I probably wont be able to carry much since I cannot use a car or I will eventually get meat-shield blocked and the zombies will get me. So I'll just bring some bottles and snacks.

So how have you been preparing your house for Z-day?
i have simple 2 flor 1 basement 1 attic bungaloo house with stell reinforce cement fences

the fron and back gate has built in static emiter strong enough to burn skin or in short electricute you to death

for easy access i made small modification in my house i have a fire pole from attic to 2nd flor to 1st and to basment

also my rooftop has these realy new solar panels...not the regular but the new extra thin one but it gives more power during the day

at the sdie of my house i have 2 50 gallon tanks that is connected to to my roof so i can cath precious rain water and the 2 tanks are connected to another 50 gallon tank that is found in the basment wich is actually the distilation tank

also my basement has acces to under ground sewer if we are in need of scavanging out side our home surrounded by zombies

oh dont forget my humvee
Old 2010-08-22, 08:59   Link #1090
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
the main thing you need is common sense of situations and a brain.

1. Don't go into a random area because you hear a possible surviver or children crying
2. Never go into a dark hallway without a GOOD flashlight (best if you use a lamp for AoE lighting.
3. Save ammo and don't Spray and pray

@techno - I don't trust sewers
Old 2010-08-22, 12:23   Link #1091
Lost Cause

In regards to what @justinstrife and @ZeKeR were talking about: food, water, medical supplies vs ammunition=which comes first, I think we'll have to priorities and asses that when we come to a town or city. That is what do we need the most and the least, and go from there.
Food and water are going to be at the top of the list because we'll go thru it the most. Bullets come second unless somebody is trigger happy.>.< Medical supplies are a secondary item because I hope we're being wary? Or our we just treating the really bad wounds?
@Kyero Fox: I agree mostly with what you said, but we have to check out certain areas for supplies, and if we do hear survivors one of our snipers might be able to confirm there presence with the high powered scopes they use!
This leads me to ask; Are we going to attempt rescues of survivors or do we just set them up in some sort of safe house? Or do we leave them behind?

Ride, Boldly Ride!

Last edited by Lost Cause; 2010-08-22 at 12:34. Reason: Added something
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 12:29   Link #1092
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
In regards to what @justinstrife and @ZeKeR were talking about: food, water, medical supplies vs ammunition=which comes first, I think we'll have to priorities and asses that when we come to a town or city. That is what do we need the most and the least, and go from there.
Food and water are going to be at the top of the list because we'll go thru it the most. Bullets come second unless somebody is trigger happy.>.< Medical supplies are a secondary item because I hope we're being wary? Or our we just treating the really bad wounds?
im no doctor but being a nephew of an "Albularyo" or one them fate healer i know 2 or more plants taht can be used as a medicinal cure or as a sedative or as anesthetic

>_<
Old 2010-08-22, 12:35   Link #1093
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
My order would be like this:
  1. water
  2. medial supplies
  3. food
  4. ammo

The reasoning is simple: water is the single most important thing you need to have in order to survive in the long term and isn't that easy to find, even less so in "civilized" areas where we became dependent on water pipes and bottled water. Food is hard as well but it easier to spot and gather than water and medical supplies are obviously of the utmost importance unless you know very well what herbs to use and such.

Ammo is the least important since you should only fire as a last resort. If you need more than half a dozen clips you probably already have too much zombies around to even consider the next day and you might as well save the last bullet for your brain.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 12:47   Link #1094
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Magazines not clips.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 13:59   Link #1095
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Should we find a small supermarket to set up as our base, barricade the windows and doors, place strategic ammo piles, use the rooftop for scouts and snipers, storage room could be where we sleep and the aisles could give us cover, we throw our food in the fridges, we have a bunch of supplies.

Only problem is other scavengers, we could remove the signs so they don't know it is a supermarket.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 14:50   Link #1096
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Should we find a small supermarket to set up as our base, barricade the windows and doors, place strategic ammo piles, use the rooftop for scouts and snipers, storage room could be where we sleep and the aisles could give us cover, we throw our food in the fridges, we have a bunch of supplies.

Only problem is other scavengers, we could remove the signs so they don't know it is a supermarket.
The refrigerators will only work for a few days. Once the power goes out, if it requires refrigerating, it will go bad.

I'd love to build a series of multiple story houses/garages that would be linked by basements underground, and have solar panels everywhere to provide electricity. Also have several wells to provide constant water, and some gardens to provide vegetables, as well as fruit trees. I think 20 or so people could live a long time with a properly setup farm...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 16:46   Link #1097
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Perhaps justin but even if twenty people were adequately prepared materially speaking to out last a Zombie apocalypse, I doubt they all would be mentally prepared for such a thing.

You'd just need to choose your survivors wisely.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 18:01   Link #1098
Seitsuki
Onee!

Then again it's not like there'll be much time to "choose" once the apocalypse gets under way. The best method is to get people ready beforehand, but those level-headed practical people you'll be wanting are unlikely to believe in a zombie apocalypse in the first place xD
Old 2010-08-22, 18:08   Link #1099
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Then again it's not like there'll be much time to "choose" once the apocalypse gets under way. The best method is to get people ready beforehand, but those level-headed practical people you'll be wanting are unlikely to believe in a zombie apocalypse in the first place xD
That's why so many people that say they are "prepared" for Z-Day are usually the first targets, because they usually just lied and wernt prepared at all

Quote:
Perhaps justin but even if twenty people were adequately prepared materially speaking to out last a Zombie apocalypse, I doubt they all would be mentally prepared for such a thing.

You'd just need to choose your survivors wisely.
Yeah, some people might lose control of themselves and gorge themselves at your food/water supply, or attempt to run away and try to leave the Zombie Apocalypse behind, leaving your group with a shortage. Or go crazy and start going into denial, possibly wanting to kill you.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 19:35   Link #1100
Lost Cause

Those are indeed some of the problems we will have to deal with. Bigger still will be the shock and after effect of shooting a living person! As for zombies, well there dead already so why worry.
A supermarket while a great idea, is going to be a problem. Especially from those looking for "a freebie". And defending it against panic stricken people and the "new order" types would eat up precious bullets!
I'm more in favor of a farm or urban base of operations near a city that we have mapped and has food stuffs availible. And we could plant a garden, but it would have to be indoors, to not attract unwanted attention. @justinstrife's idea is a better one! In one of those basements we good start a 'root cellar' or basement garden. I heard of folks doing this back during the depression and WW2.
Also an update: Arbitres has left our outfit. Squad strenght is now at 21. And I have added the HK P7 to my personal armament, replacing the S&W .38.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies