AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Shippuden - Episode 169 Rating
Perfect 10 17 24.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 18.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 8.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful like Kubo Tite's story telling ability 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-22, 16:38   Link #81
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
GREAT episode! But OH NOES!!!! FILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *head explosion*
Old 2010-07-22, 17:25   Link #82
neshru

again, we're not going back to filler -_-
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 17:47   Link #83
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

No guys, this isn't going to be filler. Pain's true pain is when he had to endure the part 1 filler run don't you see?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 17:58   Link #84
neshru

The point is that next episode doesn't mark the start of a new filler streak. After next week's special we will go back to the current arc.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 20:08   Link #85
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
The point is that next episode doesn't mark the start of a new filler streak. After next week's special we will go back to the current arc.
Great, n I sure hope is a short special ... cause I was about to say that I didn't remember a tale of kids being told at this point in the story....

BTW.....Tsunade's boobs at the end were PURE WIN!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 23:11   Link #86
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
No guys, this isn't going to be filler. Pain's true pain is when he had to endure the part 1 filler run don't you see?
haha nice.
Jub3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 06:40   Link #87
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The episode was nice, and I wouldn't mind the specials if they weren't interrupting Pain's (probably) tearjerking story-to-come. Couldn't they just wait an extra week or two? Other than that, am I the only one who picked up some evil vibes when Sakura said "so Hinata, you love Naruto...", as if she was thinking to stop the treatment, let Hinata die and have Naruto all to herself again?...maybe I'm overthinking things, iunno
Old 2010-07-23, 09:06   Link #88
Sonic n Tails
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The episode was nice, and I wouldn't mind the specials if they weren't interrupting Pain's (probably) tearjerking story-to-come. Couldn't they just wait an extra week or two? Other than that, am I the only one who picked up some evil vibes when Sakura said "so Hinata, you love Naruto...", as if she was thinking to stop the treatment, let Hinata die and have Naruto all to herself again?...maybe I'm overthinking things, iunno
Nope, Sakura isn't Kallen from Code Geass, she's not gonna fight over Naruto with Hinata, that would be OOC and a total regress of her character.
Sonic n Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 20:57   Link #89
TheCoconutChef

I feel the director did the best he could with what he got with this episode, even thought some things could have been done better.

But then again, how motivating can it be when you have that kind of dialogue?

I mean, at this moment in the series, in order to justify Naruto being alone with Nagato, Kishi had to do the most useless piece of dialogue one could think of.

Neji: We need to go with him.

Slug: You can't.

Neji: Why?

Slug: Cause he'd rather you didn't.

Nobody else think all those passage are a little bit forced? Could it not have been about Naruto just running away from all of his friend because he didn't view them the way he used to anymore, because of what Pein said to him? And then they do try to reach for him but they just can't find him?

So Naruto then comes to Nagato, not because he want to know how he'd react, but because he recognizes that there's some truth to what the man says, and he's sort of attracted by it. Just some good old character ambivalence.

Because now it's more about Naruto frustration in regard to Nagato's riddle and it sorts of blows.
TheCoconutChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 23:40   Link #90
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoconutChef View Post
So Naruto then comes to Nagato, not because he want to know how he'd react, but because he recognizes that there's some truth to what the man says, and he's sort of attracted by it. Just some good old character ambivalence.
Naruto does recognize that there is some truth to what Nagato says, but I do not see it as a potential "attraction" to Nagato's ideology. Rather, I see it as honest confusion which leads Naruto to seek out Nagato, and in so doing, Naruto hopes to find a potential answer (to an unanswerable question) by finding out what motivates Nagato's pain filled revenge on the world.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 08:47   Link #91
TheCoconutChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Naruto does recognize that there is some truth to what Nagato says, but I do not see it as a potential "attraction" to Nagato's ideology. Rather, I see it as honest confusion which leads Naruto to seek out Nagato, and in so doing, Naruto hopes to find a potential answer (to an unanswerable question) by finding out what motivates Nagato's pain filled revenge on the world.
I know but that's why I don't like it because then you have a scene with Shikaku and Ino's dad which just sounds stupid.

It also makes Naruto's character development and it's further ideological conflict with Nagato extremly thin. You can't drag it for very long because there is so little happening. Naruto wants to kill Nagato but can't because cicle of hatred. K.

If we were to do a philosophical breakdown of what they're saying I'm pretty sure we'd get to the bottom of it in a couple of paragraph.
TheCoconutChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 15:19   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Is it too much to ask, to END THE FRIKEN ARC?

Tell me your stories Pain? ><

I'm all for cool shonen philosophical clashing of wits, but this $hit is repetitive...What does another "They killed my parents, friends" backstory do to change the historical tides? This seems to be a sort of pathos on Naruto's intellect...In any event I'm just pissed this isn't over...

Great historical shonen battles END...
Old 2010-07-24, 15:25   Link #93
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

I'm all for cool shonen philosophical clashing of wits, but this $hit is repetitive...What does another "They killed my parents, friends" backstory do to change the historical tides? This seems to be a sort of pathos on Naruto's intellect...In any event I'm just pissed this isn't over...Great historical shonen battles END...
Didn't you know, if you family was killed by a foreign country, then you’re allowed to destroy said country. I think its part of the U.N. charter, or something...

The battle with Pain is over. It was a battle of brawn and might. The battle with Nagato has just begun, and it looks like it will be a battle of the mind (which means an almost guaranteed win for Nagato ).
Old 2010-07-25, 09:34   Link #94
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Spoiler for O_O:
HOLY CRAP!

I don't think I've ever been more pissed at Naruto.

He's got something like this waiting for him at home, and he's running away to chase after some dude.
Old 2010-07-26, 07:43   Link #95
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

I'm all for cool shonen philosophical clashing of wits, but this $hit is repetitive...What does another "They killed my parents, friends" backstory do to change the historical tides? This seems to be a sort of pathos on Naruto's intellect...In any event I'm just pissed this isn't over...

Great historical shonen battles END...
Yeah but you know they always try to "flesh out" the story a little more even if we don't really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
HOLY CRAP!

He's got something like this waiting for him at home, and he's running away to chase after some dude.
Is it possible that all those Naruto x Sasuke fans are right?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 08:12   Link #96
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
HOLY CRAP!

Honestly, that looks really uncomfortable. Can't you just imagine the back pain...?
Old 2010-07-26, 13:05   Link #97
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, that looks really uncomfortable. Can't you just imagine the back pain...?
I'm sure Hinata can get a good bra with support, or have Sakura do some back-healing jutsu.

I don't know about Naruto, but if a girl like that was into me, I wouldn't be wasting time o_o

(yes, I like bewbs)
Old 2010-07-26, 14:03   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I was sort of hoping (though realizing it was unlikely) for Naruto to just take down Nagato in that angry charge. I mean come on this guy killed Jiraiya and Kakashi, I could really care less what his sob story is going to be. If Naruto can't do it can't we have some convenient boulder fall from the ceiling and crush him?

Oh well let's have the story of youth next week as a change of pace .
Old 2010-07-26, 22:38   Link #99
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I was sort of hoping (though realizing it was unlikely) for Naruto to just take down Nagato in that angry charge. I mean come on this guy killed Jiraiya and Kakashi, I could really care less what his sob story is going to be. If Naruto can't do it can't we have some convenient boulder fall from the ceiling and crush him?

Oh well let's have the story of youth next week as a change of pace .
Dude you gotta end this with an impression for viewers not only to enjoy the episode, but enjoy the culmination of Naruto moving into a new realm of power...That's shonen fighter! Burn his a$$ in that pure-red eternal-foxfire for a minute then let him tell you about his home movies...The lasting impression from the epic slice of epicness that's suppose to be this fight should be something more shonen-sufficient...

Origami-girl should have gotten straight paper-cut by Newruto... I mean can Naruto have more than like 5 unexpected cool moments all series (Part 1 Included)? He was suppose to just END her (not Kill, but END her game unquestionably), then vaporize that whole tree-peak (Only Zues knows why that fiery fruit-by-the-foot rendition of Kyubbi didn't just burn all the foliage), then maybe listen to Pain's bandcamp stories...

Then they go right to the Oldruto springtime of $hitty bait and switches arc next week (And next week's just part1? >< )...I swear maybe there are manatees pushing random balls into swimnets with Naruto episode scheduling written on them...

Shoot me at the firing squad but other than Kakashi getting ZOMGded (and Konohamaru bustin his cherry to a lesser degree), the looney tunes ep was the best thing about this arc...By far the lasting memories for this shonen-fighter shaman named wingdarkness will be the moments from that ep...Now the wait is on for the sappy, tearfilled, melancholy-misery of a Naruto backstory "Let's understand each other bro" flashbacky-back (And how many think it'll be better than Sasuke's fire-side chat with Tobi??? NOBODY, not even the creator)...

Seeya in 3 weeks ...
Old 2010-07-27, 04:22   Link #100
Phoenix321

Just a question, why is episode 70 and 71 about the fourth's legacy? When naruto was still a child? Is this what you call a filer?
Thank you,
Phoenix
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote