AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-15, 11:42   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Anime like Narutaru and Elfen Lied

I am looking for anime like Narutaru and Elfen Lied. I am not looking for gore and murder but I am looking anime with a similar if not creepy atmosphere. I had already seen Evangelion but I had heard about Higurashi and Umineko, are there anime like Narutaru or Elfen lied? Starts off like some typical highschool anime thgen dives into something creepy, strange, deep and horiffic.
Old 2010-07-15, 11:54   Link #2
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

If you liked Narutaru try Bokurano since its by the same mangaka, definitely has some epic moments in it. Id definitely rec Higurashi. Also Ghost Hunt. Anime out right now you might want to try Highschool of the Dead, Occult Academy and Shiki.

HOTD does start out with lots of gore but its fun.
Shiki might be your best best for something starting off regular and then getting more and more into creepy though the first epi sets up a lot of the mystery.
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
Old 2010-07-15, 14:39   Link #3
CeDeR
forever hung over

Requiem from the darkness, Ayatsuri Sakon, Texhnolyze, Perfect Blue, Ghost Hound, Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments Lain and Boogiepop Phantom.
Old 2010-07-17, 20:30   Link #4
kitten320

As Elfen Lied?

I would go for Ga-Rei Zero then, it is quiet bloody but not to such extend as Elfen Lied and not so revealing. But it has similar heavy theme and is depressing and sad.
Though it has some humour too.

The main theme of the anime is "Can you kill the one you love because of love?"

I do highly recommend it f you liked Elfen Lied.

Umineko - is not school based but it has a lot killing in it and a lot of different ways of doing it. Though the most gar moments are censored... but if you like freaky and bloody theme, it might work for you.