AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 08:11   Link #241
Wakan Tanka

They covered the first volume.
Old 2011-07-22, 09:35   Link #242
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Hmmm... with 13 episodes (five 48 minute Blurays + one 72 minute bluray according to CDJapan = 13 episodes) and 9 manga volumes, my guess is that they're not planning to adapt the entire story thus far. I hope they choose a good point to end the anime (or at least its first season).

How many chapters of the manga were adapted in the first three episodes? You say you've read 53... how many are out in all?
Hmmm..Lets see
Episode 1: Vol.1 Seg.1-3 (The chapters are named as segments)
Episode 2: Vol.1 Seg.4-5
Episode 3: Vol.1 Seg.6+Vol.2 half of Seg.7+Vol.2 some of Seg.8 (the director is messing up with the time sequence)

What I know is that since Vol.9 had recently been released in July 19th,I can estimate that the manga has at least 54 chapters (every volume contains 6 chapters,so 9 volumes contains 54 chapters) but I don't know what is the exact number of chapters as I was only following the Chinese fan translation (the current progress is until Seg.53).However,we do know that for all mangas the most recent chapters are firstly released in a comic magazine,then they will be included in a tankobon at a later date,hence lets just assume that Kamisama Dolls has currently released 54+n chapters.

And one more thing,since there will be two more new characters coming ahead (you have already seen one of the characters whom the face is hidden in purpose in episode 3 and another one female character which will be voiced by Hanazawa Kana),I also estimate that 12 or 13 episodes will at least cover the first six volumes because the new female character only first appears in Vol.6.They might as well cover some of Vol.7 or Seg.40+ to finish off one particular arc but this is very worrying as it will be rushing to the end.However,it is also inappropiate to end the anime season at the end of Vol.6 as that arc continues to Vol.7.So,we might have to accept the fact that there will really be rushing to the end in the latter part of the anime or just anime original ending.The other possibility is that the director might make her appear early to attract viewers (mainly Hanazawa Kana's fan).Personally,this female character is one of my favourite character in Kamisama Dolls despite her bratty personality.

Last edited by tomtkp; 2011-07-22 at 09:48.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 10:50   Link #243
klare

Utao is fun to watch, her training was not wasted as she can handle emergency situation like that, does she have a twin?

eps 3 is ok, but wish more fight was shown
Old 2011-07-23, 18:09   Link #244
mangatron

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Hmmm..Lets see
Episode 3: Vol.1 Seg.6+Vol.2 half of Seg.7+Vol.2 some of Seg.8 (the director is messing up with the time sequence)
Personally,this female character is one of my favourite character in Kamisama Dolls despite her bratty personality.
Thanks for that non-spoilery bit lol bratty personality, I'd so like to see and hear that... except she may just sound like her Mayo Chiki counterpart

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
eps 3 is ok, but wish more fight was shown
Don't worry my friend. I'm sure that fight in ep 03 will start ep 04, before the OP

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 06:20   Link #245
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Thanks for that non-spoilery bit lol bratty personality, I'd so like to see and hear that... except she may just sound like her Mayo Chiki counterpart
I really want to see how Hanazawa Kana fit this character,it will be interesting.Her first appearance in the manga is just stunning.

After reading the manga,I do have 6 favourite characters in Kamisama Dolls:Kuga Kyouhei,Kuga Aki,Hyuga Koushirou,Karahari Kuuko (that crazy girl) and the two new characters I mentioned earlier (Sorry no Utao and Hibino).
Old 2011-07-24, 12:55   Link #246
mangatron

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
(Sorry no Utao and Hibino).
lol

Granted all I like about Utao is her facial expressions, for Hibino it's her big ones, but I like Kuuko even more, which she seems to have some of Hibino's big ones Lately my chest tightens everytime I see a girl that's a little insane in the membrane, and I liked Kuuko from the start. There's also the part about her VA...

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 16:27   Link #247
Kataryn

Quote:
Hmmm..Lets see

What I know is that since Vol.9 had recently been released in July 19th,I can estimate that the manga has at least 54 chapters (every volume contains 6 chapters,so 9 volumes contains 54 chapters) but I don't know what is the exact number of chapters as I was only following the Chinese fan translation (the current progress is until Seg.53).However,we do know that for all mangas the most recent chapters are firstly released in a comic magazine,then they will be included in a tankobon at a later date,hence lets just assume that Kamisama Dolls has currently released 54+n chapters.

And one more thing,since there will be two more new characters coming ahead (you have already seen one of the characters whom the face is hidden in purpose in episode 3 and another one female character which will be voiced by Hanazawa Kana),I also estimate that 12 or 13 episodes will at least cover the first six volumes because the new female character only first appears in Vol.6.They might as well cover some of Vol.7 or Seg.40+ to finish off one particular arc but this is very worrying as it will be rushing to the end.However,it is also inappropiate to end the anime season at the end of Vol.6 as that arc continues to Vol.7.So,we might have to accept the fact that there will really be rushing to the end in the latter part of the anime or just anime original ending.The other possibility is that the director might make her appear early to attract viewers (mainly Hanazawa Kana's fan).Personally,this female character is one of my favourite character in Kamisama Dolls despite her bratty personality.
I'm jealous! I wish they'd hurry up and start scanlating the chapters to english already!
Old 2011-07-25, 00:02   Link #248
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
I really want to see how Hanazawa Kana fit this character,it will be interesting.Her first appearance in the manga is just stunning.
She pretty much only has one voice pattern, so it isn't hard imagining how it will turn out though.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 01:33   Link #249
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I'm jealous! I wish they'd hurry up and start scanlating the chapters to english already!
I think there is already an English scanlation of the manga and the current progess is until Seg.14.I found the scanlation in Manga Fox but you can check other manga reading sites if you are not surfing Manga Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
She pretty much only has one voice pattern, so it isn't hard imagining how it will turn out though.
The question will be whether her voice fits the personality as well because she often voices characters with cute and naive personality.As I said in earlier post,the new female character has a bratty personality and perhaps a hot-tempered person.
Old 2011-07-26, 13:42   Link #250
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Kuuko is scary, though i think she's in trouble now. Wow Kyohei snapped, get more info on his past. So the new seki has the same face as Utao. Says the Kuga hid him and called Kyohei brother. So i'm guessing Utao's twin who was hidden since birth for some reason. Kyohei did know the kakashi she was using. Though it also looked like Koushiro knew her. Though can't say the Hyuga helped hide her since they were always fighting with the Kuga. Oh and Kyohei got his wish thanks to Utao, that bath scene!
Old 2011-07-26, 14:08   Link #251
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Kyouhei is finally snapping. He has a dark past, but the question is what is it? Are Kyouhei and Aki really the same?

I still don't think Kyouhei is as innocent as he portrays himself to be. Anyways, I thought this was a nicely gripping episode. Pretty enjoyable.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 16:35   Link #252
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Exciting episode, Kuuko getting herself an easy pray, or so she thought. That was too much for you crazy woman. Kyouhei snapped, he delivered those punches nicely, too bad it wasn't all that satisfying as Aki was still smiling. I still think that Utao is cute but her grumping, mumbling and moaning to every little surprise, while she makes that ''taking a dump'' face, is getting a bit annoying for me, I hope she gets it together. Sexy Hibino in the bath was nice.
Old 2011-07-26, 17:32   Link #253
Forsaken_Infinity

Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
It was a very typical episode for a show of this nature but I still liked it. Pretty well done.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 18:47   Link #254
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep4:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2011-07-26 at 18:59.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 19:41   Link #255
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Is that supposed to be her twin brother or sister?

He/she uses "Boku" though.......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 20:15   Link #256
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is that supposed to be her twin brother or sister?

He/she uses "Boku" though.......
I think it's a twin bro, seeing as that character's name is Kirio on the main site.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 20:19   Link #257
hanashi

I'm pretty sure that's not background music. Kyouhei heard it (and recognized it, it seemed) too. I wonder why it sings? I'm don't think there's any music involved in the Takemikazuchi mythos.
Old 2011-07-26, 20:42   Link #258
Kataryn

Do you think it might be something that only Seki or used-to-be seki can only hear? Maybe also the villagers?
Old 2011-07-26, 21:10   Link #259
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 4 was pretty darn good.

A nice step up from Episode 3 for me.

Lots of solid action in this, and great tense confrontation scenes. Lots of interesting plot threads, and character interactions. Loads of subtle hints and little mysteries being put forward leading to many pressing questions leaving the viewer wanting more.

Now this is pretty good story-telling, and a great way to build weekly drama.
Old 2011-07-26, 21:27   Link #260
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Agreed - very solid storytelling. No wheels being reinvented here - just good exposition and mystery-building, solid characters and a very interesting plot.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen