AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 10:15   Link #21
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Ok, so the final scene is the 2 dead parents with a crying Naruto. May I ask then; where did Minato's wish for Naruto to be "seen as the hero that saved the village" came from? Don't get me wrong, this is all touching and sad, but when did Minato leave this message behind?
Old 2010-07-21, 10:24   Link #22
John D.

I know that Minato was low on chakra and that Kushina, dying, was running low on juice while she used her last to subdue Kyuubi. But there are Sarutobi (God of Shinobi, only 57 years old at the time), ANBU and plenty of Jōnins who could help with another sealing.

So far, the spoilers gives me the feeling that they fell back to Shiki Fūjin rather fast.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 10:31   Link #23
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No, Kishimoto showed, quite adequetly, that Shiki Fuuin was the only real option. If there was no Tobi/Madara to deal with, then the fight might have turned out differently. But because of Tobi/Madara's obsession with the beast, sealing it within Naruto and the Death God was the only option...
yes, that might be the case, but imo he ran out of options too quick. yondaime was always praised to be an outstanding ninja. so there was enough room for kishi to have him fight maybe a chapter or two longer / preform more jutsus, try out more stuff. everybody has been waiting for this flashback since chapter one. with an opponent like madara, this would have been a good opportunity to show a decent battle (like it started out).

i guess its in the authors hands if he wants to keep it brief. i expected more before the sacifice.

i mean chouji had more reserves than that in his fight against the sound-nin.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:46   Link #24
Nite-Wing

bad chapter is bad
Sucks if thats really how Minato died
and then Kushina was right there.......wtf
Old 2010-07-21, 10:56   Link #25
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Or y'know... Minato could have taken advantage of the seal he placed on madara to hunt him down and KILL him...
Which would've done nothing to solve the immediate problem of village being destroyed by the Kyuubi who was no longer being controlled by Madara and running amuk in Konoha. Killing Madara (who people are assuming would've been easy to kill simply because Minato managed to wound him) might've ensured he could never attack Konoha again, but what good would that do if the village destroyed while he's finishing off Madara?

Quote:
Hell They would have all been horribly screwed if Madara had chosen to capture Naruto back when he was still a genin; considering his ability to teleport and suck people up it would have been pretty EASY
That's why the seal was placed on Madara's ability to control the Kyuubi. Madara has to perform the release ritual in a large, open area, isolated from potential disturbances. Then he summons the Kyuubi from the ritual site to where he chooses. Madara can't use the kuchiyose no jutsu needed to summon the Kyuubi without having control of it first. He could still maybe kidnap the jinchuuriki and release the Kyuubi, but he wouldn't be able to direct the Kyuubi to Konoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Ok, so the final scene is the 2 dead parents with a crying Naruto. May I ask then; where did Minato's wish for Naruto to be "seen as the hero that saved the village" came from? Don't get me wrong, this is all touching and sad, but when did Minato leave this message behind?
Sarutobi apparently shows up while Minato is performing shiki fuujin. He might tell this to him during that time, but it's not mentioned in the spoilers.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 11:55   Link #26
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Which would've done nothing to solve the immediate problem of village being destroyed by the Kyuubi who was no longer being controlled by Madara and running amuk in Konoha. Killing Madara (who people are assuming would've been easy to kill simply because Minato managed to wound him) might've ensured he could never attack Konoha again, but what good would that do if the village destroyed while he's finishing off Madara?
The post was in response to James, who basically said that one of the reason more conventional, non-sacrificial methods of sealing the kyuubi would not be sufficient because of the threat Madara presented... My point was bascially that they could have used Conventional methods to beat and seal the kyuubi, and Minato could LATER go and kill Madara so that he could not longer be ANY kind of threat... y'know as opposed to dying without giving anyone adequate warning about Madara and letting him to run loose to cause god knows what kind of future chaos

Quote:
That's why the seal was placed on Madara's ability to control the Kyuubi. Madara has to perform the release ritual in a large, open area, isolated from potential disturbances. Then he summons the Kyuubi from the ritual site to where he chooses. Madara can't use the kuchiyose no jutsu needed to summon the Kyuubi without having control of it first. He could still maybe kidnap the jinchuuriki and release the Kyuubi, but he wouldn't be able to direct the Kyuubi to Konoha.
Madara probably could have also unsealed the kyuubi right outside kohona; seriously it does not take him long to unseal the beast. Only reason he took Kushina to that area was because Minato can teleport and knew what Madara was up to and thus was poised to stop him... Considering how the sound and sand ninjas were able to summon snakes right outside kohona, and how pain was able to hide just outside of kohona, madara could do the same and have plenty of time to unleash the kyuubi before anyone even realizes he's nearby

Furthermore, the Kyuubi has shown that it is indeed intelligent... Madara could just point into the right direction and the kyuubi would go off and destroy kohona in vengence... Or he could act as bait, and lure it all the way to kohona...
Kyuubi doesn't need to be controlled to wipe out kohona. hell i'm not even sure why madara would waste chakra maintaining control of the beast when it can rampage on it's own just fine.

Not to mention this all assumes that madara would not find a way to undo Minato's seal in the years after that battle
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:17   Link #27
james0246

Quote:
The post was in response to James, who basically said that one of the reason more conventional, non-sacrificial methods of sealing the kyuubi would not be sufficient because of the threat Madara presented... My point was bascially that they could have used Conventional methods to beat and seal the kyuubi, and Minato could LATER go and kill Madara so that he could not longer be ANY kind of threat... y'know as opposed to dying without giving anyone adequate warning about Madara and letting him to run loose to cause god knows what kind of future chaos
Sarutobi and Konoha were being bitched slapped by the Kyuubi. Minato and Kushina, the only ones able to even remotely handle the attack, was quickly running out of chakra (proving that despite being a Kage, his reserves are nowhere near Jiraiya and Orochimaru let alone Sasuke and Naruto) or, in the case of Kushina, dying. So, it is hard to say that Minato and company could have sealed the Kyuubi using traditional methods (remember, Hashirama and the able bodied Uzumakis helped with the sealing before). Additionally, with the constant threat of Madara hanging over head (what was to stop Madara coming back minutes later after Minato was exhausted, and simply unleashing the Kyuubi again?), the only option left to keep the Kyuubi away from Madara was the Shiki Fuuin (the real question isn't why Minato was forced to use Shiki Fuuin, but why he gave any of the chakra to Naruto (thus putting him in harms way)?).

Quote:
Not to mention this all assumes that madara would not find a way to undo Minato's seal in the years after that battle
A regular seal would have crumbled immediately. At least by using the Death God, some time could be bought, and the entire sequence could potentially be averted.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:21   Link #28
Im_A_MoP

Seems like a nice chapter. Glad to see that minato didn't really get beaten by madara in 1v1 because IMO he is the best ninja ever, right behind the original rinnegan dude. If he was a chakra tank like naruto, then i would even say he's above the original rinnegan dude.
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:53   Link #29
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, he should have been dead for a long time, so Minato maybe thought he is immortal anyways and didn't try to kill him.

What I don't understand: The third wasn't able to pull out Orochimaru's soul since he was weakend and out of chakra, yet Minato could pull the Kyuubi (which should be stronger) when completely out of chakra.
To be fair, the 3rd had Kusanagi through his guts; and he was at least thrice(??) as old as the 4th was at that point of time.

I am not sure if the 4th was out of chakra either. To my understanding, he simply didn't have enough to do anything major.

Quote:
And why didn't he refresh his chakra? We've seen that they posess sensu beans, um I mean Soldier Pills, that do the trick.
Those were probably developed afterwards. I also don't think we had seen anyone using these stuff in any serious fight in the series; apart from Chouji.
Old 2010-07-21, 14:05   Link #30
madv2c
Deafmute

About the pills Chouji used, didn't he say they were only available to his specific clan? So no other clans would have access to them.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 14:11   Link #31
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
The final scene is of a dead Minato and Kushina lying next to a crying Naruto.

, oh nuuu's
Old 2010-07-21, 14:36   Link #32
tkdtiger

Well I think it sounds interesting. I would have like to the Sarutobi do more, but than again by this time he's an old man...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 14:36   Link #33
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Damn. But yes, Naruto learning thunder god rapist technique is a must now. He should save his parents somehow too T_T.
Old 2010-07-21, 15:17   Link #34
nubby

Sasuke gets his chakra replenished a billion times in a single day and Minato can't even get one. Nice
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 15:30   Link #35
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well I think it sounds interesting. I would have like to the Sarutobi do more, but than again by this time he's an old man...
Trust me. When.. no.. once it gets animated... it will annoy you how much screen time the old geezer will get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Sasuke gets his chakra replenished a billion times in a single day and Minato can't even get one. Nice
Which is why one of them is a legend and the other is a emo.. .. Sasuke's energy gets replenished in order for him to keep on whining. If it didn't... he might become too much like his older brother. And Itachi has to remain... the cooler brother.
Old 2010-07-21, 15:51   Link #36
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Ummm, I think some of ya'll forgot Minato was holding the Kyuubi back during the delivery in the last chapter. We have no idea how long he was holding that seal in place or how much it took to keep it stabilized. He could have been running low before even getting into the fight. Not to mention he also teleported Kyuubi's first blast.. again, we don't know how much that took out of him.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 15:52   Link #37
Casshern

What was supposed to be one of the most epic fights in this series turned out to be ffp ffp ffp rasengan.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 16:02   Link #38
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
What was supposed to be one of the most epic fights in this series turned out to be ffp ffp ffp rasengan.

Well at least we didn't see rasengan spamfest. One perfectly timed rasengan was all it took, I like that. Naruto really does need something besides shadow clone and rasengan........ that's all he does all day long.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 16:21   Link #39
Ero-Senn1n

I still don't know what's the deal with half of kyuubi not being in Naruto. This would mean that the half that was sealed in Minato is lost forever? That surely does not make sense. Or is the other half sealed in the big scroll that was left to Jiraiya? If only half is in Naruto then why doesn't Madara know about this, he probably cannot recreate the 10 tails without having the full chakra of the 9-tails. This whole thing is a mess right now.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 16:53   Link #40
Rahan

From the translation, Naruto has half the Kyuubi's chakra because it's impossible for the Death God to swallow the whole Kyuubi and for some strategic reasons. (the balance of the bijuus would break if Kyuubi "died" without a jinchuuriki or some crap like that)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion