AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 17:02   Link #41
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Well at least we didn't see rasengan spamfest. One perfectly timed rasengan was all it took, I like that. Naruto really does need something besides shadow clone and rasengan........ that's all he does all day long.
That's what you call.... experience .
Spoiler for Naruto still lacks.......:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I still don't know what's the deal with half of kyuubi not being in Naruto. This would mean that the half that was sealed in Minato is lost forever? That surely does not make sense. Or is the other half sealed in the big scroll that was left to Jiraiya? If only half is in Naruto then why doesn't Madara know about this, he probably cannot recreate the 10 tails without having the full chakra of the 9-tails. This whole thing is a mess right now.
That's what i was thinking... and that would somehow leave open a theory that Minato could be freed. Cuz both are in that dark shithole of the Shiki Fuujin. Speaking of dark holes.. Orochimaru is pretty much in hell.
Old 2010-07-21, 17:05   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
From the translation, Naruto has half the Kyuubi's chakra because it's impossible for the Death God to swallow the whole Kyuubi and for some strategic reasons. (the balance of the bijuus would break if Kyuubi "died" without a jinchuuriki or some crap like that)
I just read this spoiler as well as another that indicates that Jiraiya told Minato that Naruto could be the child of destiny, which is why Minato gave Naruto half of the Kyuubi. Personally the spoiler you listed seems more legitimate, but with the way Kishimoto likes to hark on Naruto's fateyness/destinyitation, I can't help but consider the 2nd possibility as being potentially accurate...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 17:11   Link #43
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I just read this spoiler as well as another that indicates that Jiraiya told Minato that Naruto could be the child of destiny, which is why Minato gave Naruto half of the Kyuubi. Personally the spoiler you listed seems more legitimate, but with the way Kishimoto likes to hark on Naruto's fateyness/destinyitation, I can't help but consider the 2nd possibility as being potentially accurate...
It's the same spoiler actually ...
Minato tells Kushina Naruto will do his prophecy stuff and beat the crap out of Madara as a jinchuuriki, but the prophecy and the need to kill Madara doesn't seem to play any role in his decision to make Naruto a jinchuuriki.

Anyway, it's only a question of minutes / hours in the worst case before the chapter is out, so we'll see. The explanations are provided in this chapter. (although there is apparently nothing about Hiraishin stage 2)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 18:57   Link #44
madv2c
Deafmute

It would be nice if Naruto learned Hiraishin Lvl.2 which was the ability to teleport a rasengan, or rasen shuriken anywhere in a blink of an eye (in my hypothetical dream).

Also, wouldn't it be awesome to have 100 Naruto clones zipping around using Minato's technique? Eh? Ehhhh? This would put a subtle little Naruto-touch on Minato's unique technique, so people don't call him a Minato rip-off.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 20:20   Link #45
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

^ Does he even need that? Wouldn't that be overkill? There is always a danger of overpowering any character to the point where it becomes a joke.

Oh Kishi, you are your views on women. Kurenai's dad(talk about a random character appearance) puts Gai, Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai, and some others in some shield to protect them from the Kyuubi attack. Kurenai protests and we get a good Will of Fire speech like the Second gave to Danzou and Hiruzen before he sacrificed himself. How the old generation protects the next generation. So when they grow up, they can train and protect the next generation. Nicely ties into the things Asuma, Kakashi, and Gai actually did. But then we get this.

"But, my daughter, you're a woman."
"at the least, entrust the will of fire to the child who is my future grandchild!'
"make it a promise to your father here ...I have faith in you."

It just reads to me that Kishi feels that women are just baby machines and that is the greatest thing they can accomplish in this manga. Breeding the next generation. Plus, Kurenai was about 14 at this point. I'm sorry, but that is creepy. If my dad said that to me at that age.

At least though this might mean we will get to see Kurenai give birth and Shikamaru play daddy.
Old 2010-07-21, 21:22   Link #46
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I still don't know what's the deal with half of kyuubi not being in Naruto. This would mean that the half that was sealed in Minato is lost forever? That surely does not make sense. Or is the other half sealed in the big scroll that was left to Jiraiya? If only half is in Naruto then why doesn't Madara know about this, he probably cannot recreate the 10 tails without having the full chakra of the 9-tails. This whole thing is a mess right now.
Now that the chapter is out, it would seem that it is impossible to actually kill the nine-tails. Even dying with its host wouldn't get rid of it permanently. So, Naruto has one half and the other died with Minato, but evidently it's still out there somewhere, just unable to return without the other half loose.
Old 2010-07-21, 21:29   Link #47
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Loophole to bring his parents back to life? Extraction of the other Kyuubi piece which will inevitably lead to some Jyuubi shit and goddamn if Kishi has had it up to here with feminism
Old 2010-07-21, 21:37   Link #48
AnbuItachi

perhaps controlling kyuubi while fighting 4th was too much for madara
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 21:43   Link #49
Jehuty

The only thing I don't understand is why Minato said that it was impossible to take all the kyuubi's chakra and seal it within Naruto -- it was, after all, sealed within Kushina.

Perhaps the requirement is that the Jinchuuriki be of a certain age to withstand the stress of chakra sealed? Also, since Kushina did say that it would only be a temporary solution to die *with* the Kyuubi, perhaps it means that Naruto DOES have all the Kyuubi's chakra. Think about it - it's possible that all the lost chakra simply regenerates.

If so, this makes Madara's plan completely feasible.

But if not, it'll be interesting to see Madara release the other half that's with Minato -- who knows, Minato himself might be able to escape! :O
Old 2010-07-21, 21:44   Link #50
james0246

What did Minato mean by "You made me into the 4th Hokage"?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 21:48   Link #51
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

No one knows, well maybe Kishi.
Old 2010-07-21, 21:49   Link #52
Jehuty

Quote:
I think he meant she was his inspiration to try his hardest, to become Yondaime Hokage.

"It's because of you that I am where I am"
Old 2010-07-21, 21:49   Link #53
NoLongerSane

Quote:
I think it has to do something along the lines that she was part of the driving force that made him into the man, ninja, and Hokage. So is the power of love or something on that line.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 21:55   Link #54
Slayerx

Chapters out... and i'm still baffled as to how Madara could take a rasenagan to the back, but come out with an injury to his left hand... And madara seems to be made out of something gooey... his hand kinda melt's off...

But ya... instead of a anti-summoning seal on madara, i think i would have gone with a rasenagan to the heart; or probably the face (scramble his brains)... I mean really, taking the kyuubi out of madara's control doesn't really imporve the situation too much considering how it STILL plans to kill everyone on its own

Quote:
Sarutobi and Konoha were being bitched slapped by the Kyuubi. Minato and Kushina, the only ones able to even remotely handle the attack, was quickly running out of chakra (proving that despite being a Kage, his reserves are nowhere near Jiraiya and Orochimaru let alone Sasuke and Naruto) or, in the case of Kushina, dying. So, it is hard to say that Minato and company could have sealed the Kyuubi using traditional methods (remember, Hashirama and the able bodied Uzumakis helped with the sealing before). Additionally, with the constant threat of Madara hanging over head (what was to stop Madara coming back minutes later after Minato was exhausted, and simply unleashing the Kyuubi again?), the only option left to keep the Kyuubi away from Madara was the Shiki Fuuin (the real question isn't why Minato was forced to use Shiki Fuuin, but why he gave any of the chakra to Naruto (thus putting him in harms way)?).
Actually now that the chapter is out, it seems like Minato actually doesn't know a more conventional sealing method; despite them being friends with whirlpool who were experts on the subject and capable of sealing the kyuubi within themselves... Minato weighs their options, and there does not seem to be any option to seal it without resorting to the deathgod... I guess Kumo and Sand got the good seals since they had non sacrificial methods that placed the demons inside of jars...

First option was to let Kushina become the host, die, and thus temporarily kill the kyuubi... however the indicate that it would eventually come back (which finally gives an answer to what happens when to the demon when a host dies, but raises the question as to why Kyuubi would help keep Naruto alive when dying would lead to his freedom)... Minato would get to fight again, but the kyuubi would eventually be a problem... though Minato could have atleast used his energy to teleport to madara and try to finish him off

Second option was to use the deathgod seal, which would have the benefit of sealing away half the kyuubi's chakra for good and keeping the kyuubi in the ownership of kohona...

Y'know... much of this could have probably been avoided if they had kept a few Eddy Ninjas around; y'know have a backup host in case something happens to the current one... Also putting more study into sealing a demon without the self sacrifice... ah hindsight

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-07-21 at 22:16.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 21:55   Link #55
Who

Nice cover page. My mom's hair flares the same way like every other minute although it's not red so it's less scary. :<
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 22:11   Link #56
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I am interested to know what happened to Rin?
Old 2010-07-21, 22:11   Link #57
Ulquiorra
Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
I think it has to do something along the lines that she was part of the driving force that made him into the man, ninja, and Hokage. So is the power of love or something on that line.
Yep. It also harkens back to when Shikaku said men are no good without women. Kushina "made" Minato into the man he became. Kishi is a romantic who doesn't like romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It just reads to me that Kishi feels that women are just baby machines and that is the greatest thing they can accomplish in this manga. Breeding the next generation.
You're just coming to that conclusion now? Welcome to Kishimoto's view of women. At least we got to see the hottest woman in the manga again. And yeah, maybe we'll see her kid since Kishi tied it to a few plotlines now. This mention has to mean something. That kid is too important. Daddy Kurenai died protecting Kurenai's womb. Asuma died protecting it. And Shika would take a header for the kid and Kurenai. Hopefully it is a girl and takes over for Naruto as Hokage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I am interested to know what happened to Rin?
Can we assume she is also dead at this point? No wonder Kakashi started hanging out with Gai,
Old 2010-07-21, 22:13   Link #58
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I don't think Minato was trying to recapture Kyuubi. He just wanted to seal it forever, but knew he can't do it with just his power. Maybe if he taught the jutsu to more people... but then we wouldn't have a manga now would we?

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 22:16   Link #59
nubby

something is wrong...... Madara's hand drips off as if he was Zetsu.......
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 22:23   Link #60
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It seams that if one bijuu is to die something horrible will happen, this is maybe the reason why pople cept reasiling their bijuus into the new host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Can we assume she is also dead at this point? No wonder Kakashi started hanging out with Gai,
Probably but at least one panel of her wouldn't hurt

Quote:
-The final scene is of a dead Minato and Kushina lying next to a crying Naruto.
Is this spoiler real? Because the scans i am reading shows that the last page is with Minato preforming the sealing.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion