AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-01, 20:32   Link #101
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
SRW has always been Fanservice heavy, besides, the show has Masami Obari at the helm, surely you've seen his Gravion work ? The fact that they are keeping the majority of it located to the Ending, it doesn't bother me, what did the actual episode have besides Excellen's assets bouncing around? Very little I'd say.
Of course SRW has had fanservice. I said that myself above. But at the levels seen in the OP alone? Not even close. The biggest fanservice moment in all of Divine Wars was Latooney in her maid outfit. That's one of the things I really liked about DW; it actually got away from the bouncing breasts of the games. It just throws off the mood seeing bouncing breasts in the middle of an action scene. And now we're right back where it started, with a vengeance.

And Gravion=/= SRW. I found that fanservice ridiculous too, anyway. Like I said, this new iteration of the Angelg makes it obvious that the artist's and director's brains were in their pants.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 20:35   Link #102
Kraker2k
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Just be thankful they told the guy not to give Valsione any boobs.
__________________
Kraker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 20:48   Link #103
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
SRW has always had a history of it (actually Divine Wars didn't), but this really takes the "jiggle factor" a tad too far. When they're bouncing several inches individually like that, it's definitely over the top.

I'd expect it from a fanservice-centered show like Sora no Otoshimono or Vandread, but this is a mecha show with plot and story. There's good fanservice and way-over-the-top fanservice, and this show is reaching for the latter with a vengeance. When a mecha has tits like spearheads (and the Angelg was never that bad in that area before), you can tell the artists have their heads in the gutter. Maybe someday SRW OG might get an eroge like Jinki: Extend has, but this isn't it.

Getting past the travesty that were the OP and ED and the fanservice that makes my eyes hurt (and I'm one of the guys that always argues "fanservice isn't bad"), the episode itself was a nice treat. Granted I wasn't looking forward to this as much as I was to Divine Wars (I'm a bigger fan of the SRX team than the ATX Team, even if this will still have good SRX Team center-age), but it still looks good.
Well the episode definitely has fanservice, but more of the mecha-kind rather than the sexual kind. The first few minutes itself and the OP definitely had all kinds of teasers for what's coming ahead in terms of what to expect in the mecha front, like HTB and TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU .

*continues fanboying at Daizengar*

In any case, the episode itself had very little in the way of sexual fanservice, save for Excellen's and Angelg's breasts, and even then they weren't given special closeups or focus in wierd angles. Most of the sexual fanservice actually gets contained in the OP and ED, where they do the least damage to the plot and story.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 20:58   Link #104
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Having not played OGS due to not knowing Japanese, I have no idea. Last I heard, it was fanon, with no official confirmation.

And I agree completely about Ibis (or more precisely, the Calion and Astelion). I hope they make the cut. And given your username, I'd guess you're even more hopeful than the rest of us... but given her total non-appearance in either the OP or ED, it doesn't look too good for her, unless they sneak her in as a surprise addition somewhere.
Well interestingly enough Carla despite not being in the op and ed did appear so Ibis is very hopeful.

And for me Ibis>>>>>>>>Zengar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all other characters. Just a sight of her would bring me great joy .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well the episode definitely has fanservice, but more of the mecha-kind rather than the sexual kind. The first few minutes itself and the OP definitely had all kinds of teasers for what's coming ahead in terms of what to expect in the mecha front, like HTB and TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU .

*continues fanboying at Daizengar*

In any case, the episode itself had very little in the way of sexual fanservice, save for Excellen's and Angelg's breasts, and even then they weren't given special closeups or focus in wierd angles. Most of the sexual fanservice actually gets contained in the OP and ED, where they do the least damage to the plot and story.
Lets hope that it stays like that. Mech fanservice in show and op and ed can have all the sexual fanserivce.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 22:38   Link #105
Dart
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well interestingly enough Carla despite not being in the op and ed did appear so Ibis is very hopeful.

Yeah, but she's one of the bad guys. Who cares about putting them in the op?

And now that I think about it, how much should get spoilered? Talking about what happens in OG2 could be considered a spoiler for the series, but just about everyone knows what's coming already, so...
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:05   Link #106
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Yeah, but she's one of the bad guys. Who cares about putting them in the op?

And now that I think about it, how much should get spoilered? Talking about what happens in OG2 could be considered a spoiler for the series, but just about everyone knows what's coming already, so...
Then again so is Ouka and Seolla for some parts through OG2.
I think having no spoiler will be fine, most if not all people who will watch this show are srw fan.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:34   Link #107
haiz123321
Obey me world!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Yeah, but she's one of the bad guys. Who cares about putting them in the op?

And now that I think about it, how much should get spoilered? Talking about what happens in OG2 could be considered a spoiler for the series, but just about everyone knows what's coming already, so...
Hmm, it depends. Arado, Seolla and Lamia cannot be considered to be spoilers because they did appear in Divine Wars. I think talking about the mechs that have already appeared in the OP/ED/Anime is okay, but anything else other than that is spoiler I guess. Although only a minority of the people who watch this probably have not played OG2/OGS yet.
__________________

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 03:34   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Is this actually a sequel? I ask because i was planning to watch it, and would like to know if i need to see anything before hand. Divine Wars TV series, or play OG1?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 03:41   Link #109
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is this actually a sequel? I ask because i was planning to watch it, and would like to know if i need to see anything before hand. Divine Wars TV series, or play OG1?
Yes it's a sequel, and it would help a bit to watch DW.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 03:48   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yes it's a sequel, and it would help a bit to watch DW.
Most sites are not saying it's a sequel, so that's why i asked. Thanks.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 03:57   Link #111
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA // Taichung, Taiwan
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
This series is definitely fan service. For those who played through OG1/2/OGs religiously like me, I was basically clapping my hands. It was so beautiful. The action so fluid, and the music so faithfully reproduced from the game.

The opening scene really got me - Axel is super awesome. One of my favorite characters for sure, and he looks as cool as he is in the game.
CODE KIRIN!!!!!

The music choice was simply awesome. I was giggling like a little girl the moment "So close, yet so far" started playing. Also the OGs/Impact battlefield music...that was awesome too. Somewhat disappointed that they never got around to playing Silver Fallen Angel =/ And why the heck wasn't The Gate of Magus played when Thredgermir showed up????? Also can't miss Steel Beowulf. Not sure why they bothered with Blue Blue Sky though, since it was only used in OGs, and Kusuha wasnt even in that scene...



And I loved the touch at the end of the next episode preview when Lamia does her trademark "speech malfunction"
__________________
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 06:23   Link #112
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yes it's a sequel, and it would help a bit to watch DW.
Or just read a summary of OG1, DW was pretty painfully bad to watch.
__________________
I'M IN DESPAIR~~!
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 06:46   Link #113
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I was thoroughly disappointed in the first episode. The direction was so bland and unoriginal that I felt as if they copy and pasted some random action anime/movie and drew OG characters over it. I mean, the structure is not only similar to other shows of its genre, but exactly the same. Action/drama scene in the beginning vs. hero and villain stemming from events unkown, boring political scene, heroes are blowing up practically stationary enemies with no attack pattern or sign of struggle...I've seen this stuff before, plenty of times. Only part I actually liked was Angelg's majestic entrance. It felt appropriate and was very well-timed.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 06:54   Link #114
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Action/drama scene in the beginning vs. hero and villain stemming from events unkown
Wha-? o_O;

Hero? In what reality?

Quote:
And why the heck wasn't The Gate of Magus played when Thredgermir showed up?????
For the most part I think that was intentional, this isn't meant to be its grand entrance yet.
__________________
I'M IN DESPAIR~~!
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:08   Link #115
Kraker2k
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
I was thoroughly disappointed in the first episode. The direction was so bland and unoriginal that I felt as if they copy and pasted some random action anime/movie and drew OG characters over it. I mean, the structure is not only similar to other shows of its genre, but exactly the same. Action/drama scene in the beginning vs. hero and villain stemming from events unkown, boring political scene, heroes are blowing up practically stationary enemies with no attack pattern or sign of struggle...I've seen this stuff before, plenty of times. Only part I actually liked was Angelg's majestic entrance. It felt appropriate and was very well-timed.
Well, you might want to stop watching then. This is an Obari action anime through and through. It might not be oh so original, but at the end of the day can you name something which you consider to encompass this "originality" aspect you so desire? Its probably Gurren Lagann or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post

And I loved the touch at the end of the next episode preview when Lamia does her trademark "speech malfunction"
I found Bullets "Eh?!" bit right after quite funny.

For some of us who have only played the English games, Lamia's speech malfunction was localised as having a stutter, in the Japanese version, she can speak normally, mostly, but mixes her Japanese words up and ends sentences with the wrong words.
__________________
Kraker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:13   Link #116
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
One thing I have noticed about the opening Beowulf vs Axel fight is that its actually adapted from the Endless Frontier drama track complete with the Beowulf going crazy with Einst regen.
__________________
I'M IN DESPAIR~~!
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:26   Link #117
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the Middle of Nowhere..
oh wow I'm impressed, epic first episode with beowulf vs axel battle! I was shocked when hearing the OP but after some loop (+great animation, I mean ryukooh, tatsumaki zankantou, HTB FTW!!) it's fine. definitely love the ending though


the BGM is awesome just like you're playing the game itself, and like early stage of SRW, easy enemy. well we're not in final stage YET


can't wait to see kusuha, latooni, trombe, zengar, kai, etc etc and of course my username
__________________
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:41   Link #118
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Or just read a summary of OG1, DW was pretty painfully bad to watch.
Hey, I loved it, and so did others.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:45   Link #119
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
ok off topicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMJA...layer_embedded
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 13:55   Link #120
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Lee and Archibald, probably two of the most hated people in og universe. Both showing up in first epsidoes, dunno should I be piss off or happy. I find it kind of interested they name the series inspector and i see not any of the inspector in the opening.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.