Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-01, 20:32   Link #101
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
SRW has always been Fanservice heavy, besides, the show has Masami Obari at the helm, surely you've seen his Gravion work ? The fact that they are keeping the majority of it located to the Ending, it doesn't bother me, what did the actual episode have besides Excellen's assets bouncing around? Very little I'd say.
Of course SRW has had fanservice. I said that myself above. But at the levels seen in the OP alone? Not even close. The biggest fanservice moment in all of Divine Wars was Latooney in her maid outfit. That's one of the things I really liked about DW; it actually got away from the bouncing breasts of the games. It just throws off the mood seeing bouncing breasts in the middle of an action scene. And now we're right back where it started, with a vengeance.

And Gravion=/= SRW. I found that fanservice ridiculous too, anyway. Like I said, this new iteration of the Angelg makes it obvious that the artist's and director's brains were in their pants.
Old 2010-10-01, 20:35   Link #102
Kraker2k

Just be thankful they told the guy not to give Valsione any boobs.
Old 2010-10-01, 20:48   Link #103
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
SRW has always had a history of it (actually Divine Wars didn't), but this really takes the "jiggle factor" a tad too far. When they're bouncing several inches individually like that, it's definitely over the top.

I'd expect it from a fanservice-centered show like Sora no Otoshimono or Vandread, but this is a mecha show with plot and story. There's good fanservice and way-over-the-top fanservice, and this show is reaching for the latter with a vengeance. When a mecha has tits like spearheads (and the Angelg was never that bad in that area before), you can tell the artists have their heads in the gutter. Maybe someday SRW OG might get an eroge like Jinki: Extend has, but this isn't it.

Getting past the travesty that were the OP and ED and the fanservice that makes my eyes hurt (and I'm one of the guys that always argues "fanservice isn't bad"), the episode itself was a nice treat. Granted I wasn't looking forward to this as much as I was to Divine Wars (I'm a bigger fan of the SRX team than the ATX Team, even if this will still have good SRX Team center-age), but it still looks good.
Well the episode definitely has fanservice, but more of the mecha-kind rather than the sexual kind. The first few minutes itself and the OP definitely had all kinds of teasers for what's coming ahead in terms of what to expect in the mecha front, like HTB and TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU .

*continues fanboying at Daizengar*

In any case, the episode itself had very little in the way of sexual fanservice, save for Excellen's and Angelg's breasts, and even then they weren't given special closeups or focus in wierd angles. Most of the sexual fanservice actually gets contained in the OP and ED, where they do the least damage to the plot and story.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 20:58   Link #104
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Having not played OGS due to not knowing Japanese, I have no idea. Last I heard, it was fanon, with no official confirmation.

And I agree completely about Ibis (or more precisely, the Calion and Astelion). I hope they make the cut. And given your username, I'd guess you're even more hopeful than the rest of us... but given her total non-appearance in either the OP or ED, it doesn't look too good for her, unless they sneak her in as a surprise addition somewhere.
Well interestingly enough Carla despite not being in the op and ed did appear so Ibis is very hopeful.

And for me Ibis>>>>>>>>Zengar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all other characters. Just a sight of her would bring me great joy .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well the episode definitely has fanservice, but more of the mecha-kind rather than the sexual kind. The first few minutes itself and the OP definitely had all kinds of teasers for what's coming ahead in terms of what to expect in the mecha front, like HTB and TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU .

*continues fanboying at Daizengar*

In any case, the episode itself had very little in the way of sexual fanservice, save for Excellen's and Angelg's breasts, and even then they weren't given special closeups or focus in wierd angles. Most of the sexual fanservice actually gets contained in the OP and ED, where they do the least damage to the plot and story.
Lets hope that it stays like that. Mech fanservice in show and op and ed can have all the sexual fanserivce.
Old 2010-10-01, 22:38   Link #105
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well interestingly enough Carla despite not being in the op and ed did appear so Ibis is very hopeful.

Yeah, but she's one of the bad guys. Who cares about putting them in the op?

And now that I think about it, how much should get spoilered? Talking about what happens in OG2 could be considered a spoiler for the series, but just about everyone knows what's coming already, so...
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:05   Link #106
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

And now that I think about it, how much should get spoilered? Talking about what happens in OG2 could be considered a spoiler for the series, but just about everyone knows what's coming already, so...
Then again so is Ouka and Seolla for some parts through OG2.
I think having no spoiler will be fine, most if not all people who will watch this show are srw fan.
Old 2010-10-01, 23:34   Link #107
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:

Hmm, it depends. Arado, Seolla and Lamia cannot be considered to be spoilers because they did appear in Divine Wars. I think talking about the mechs that have already appeared in the OP/ED/Anime is okay, but anything else other than that is spoiler I guess. Although only a minority of the people who watch this probably have not played OG2/OGS yet.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 03:34   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Is this actually a sequel? I ask because i was planning to watch it, and would like to know if i need to see anything before hand. Divine Wars TV series, or play OG1?
Old 2010-10-02, 03:41   Link #109
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is this actually a sequel? I ask because i was planning to watch it, and would like to know if i need to see anything before hand. Divine Wars TV series, or play OG1?
Yes it's a sequel, and it would help a bit to watch DW.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:48   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Most sites are not saying it's a sequel, so that's why i asked. Thanks.
Old 2010-10-02, 03:57   Link #111
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
This series is definitely fan service. For those who played through OG1/2/OGs religiously like me, I was basically clapping my hands. It was so beautiful. The action so fluid, and the music so faithfully reproduced from the game.

The opening scene really got me - Axel is super awesome. One of my favorite characters for sure, and he looks as cool as he is in the game.
CODE KIRIN!!!!!

The music choice was simply awesome. I was giggling like a little girl the moment "So close, yet so far" started playing. Also the OGs/Impact battlefield music...that was awesome too. Somewhat disappointed that they never got around to playing Silver Fallen Angel =/ And why the heck wasn't The Gate of Magus played when Thredgermir showed up????? Also can't miss Steel Beowulf. Not sure why they bothered with Blue Blue Sky though, since it was only used in OGs, and Kusuha wasnt even in that scene...

And I loved the touch at the end of the next episode preview when Lamia does her trademark "speech malfunction"
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 06:23   Link #112
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Or just read a summary of OG1, DW was pretty painfully bad to watch.
Old 2010-10-02, 06:46   Link #113
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I was thoroughly disappointed in the first episode. The direction was so bland and unoriginal that I felt as if they copy and pasted some random action anime/movie and drew OG characters over it. I mean, the structure is not only similar to other shows of its genre, but exactly the same. Action/drama scene in the beginning vs. hero and villain stemming from events unkown, boring political scene, heroes are blowing up practically stationary enemies with no attack pattern or sign of struggle...I've seen this stuff before, plenty of times. Only part I actually liked was Angelg's majestic entrance. It felt appropriate and was very well-timed.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 06:54   Link #114
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Action/drama scene in the beginning vs. hero and villain stemming from events unkown
Wha-? o_O;

Hero? In what reality?

Quote:
And why the heck wasn't The Gate of Magus played when Thredgermir showed up?????
For the most part I think that was intentional, this isn't meant to be its grand entrance yet.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:08   Link #115
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
I was thoroughly disappointed in the first episode. The direction was so bland and unoriginal that I felt as if they copy and pasted some random action anime/movie and drew OG characters over it. I mean, the structure is not only similar to other shows of its genre, but exactly the same. Action/drama scene in the beginning vs. hero and villain stemming from events unkown, boring political scene, heroes are blowing up practically stationary enemies with no attack pattern or sign of struggle...I've seen this stuff before, plenty of times. Only part I actually liked was Angelg's majestic entrance. It felt appropriate and was very well-timed.
Well, you might want to stop watching then. This is an Obari action anime through and through. It might not be oh so original, but at the end of the day can you name something which you consider to encompass this "originality" aspect you so desire? Its probably Gurren Lagann or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post

And I loved the touch at the end of the next episode preview when Lamia does her trademark "speech malfunction"
I found Bullets "Eh?!" bit right after quite funny.

For some of us who have only played the English games, Lamia's speech malfunction was localised as having a stutter, in the Japanese version, she can speak normally, mostly, but mixes her Japanese words up and ends sentences with the wrong words.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:13   Link #116
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

One thing I have noticed about the opening Beowulf vs Axel fight is that its actually adapted from the Endless Frontier drama track complete with the Beowulf going crazy with Einst regen.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:26   Link #117
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

oh wow I'm impressed, epic first episode with beowulf vs axel battle! I was shocked when hearing the OP but after some loop (+great animation, I mean ryukooh, tatsumaki zankantou, HTB FTW!!) it's fine. definitely love the ending though

the BGM is awesome just like you're playing the game itself, and like early stage of SRW, easy enemy. well we're not in final stage YET

can't wait to see kusuha, latooni, trombe, zengar, kai, etc etc and of course my username
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 07:41   Link #118
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Or just read a summary of OG1, DW was pretty painfully bad to watch.
Hey, I loved it, and so did others.
Old 2010-10-02, 07:45   Link #119
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

ok off topicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMJA...layer_embedded
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 13:55   Link #120
xellos2099

Lee and Archibald, probably two of the most hated people in og universe. Both showing up in first epsidoes, dunno should I be piss off or happy. I find it kind of interested they name the series inspector and i see not any of the inspector in the opening.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, science fiction