AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-02, 18:30   Link #121
charles88
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Did anyone gonna subbed it?!!!
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 19:19   Link #122
Kraker2k
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles88 View Post
Did anyone gonna subbed it?!!!
Crunchyroll will do legal subs for it. They come out on Sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Lee and Archibald, probably two of the most hated people in og universe. Both showing up in first epsidoes, dunno should I be piss off or happy. I find it kind of interested they name the series inspector and i see not any of the inspector in the opening.
The name is a double pun, one being the actual Inspectors ala the Inspectors from the Zuvorg Alliance, but the final Einst boss, Stern Regiusser calls him self "The Final Inspector".

The Inspectors Wendolo, Vigagji and Mekibos have been confirmed in a cast listing, so we'll be seeing them even if they are not in the intro.
__________________
Kraker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 23:48   Link #123
haiz123321
Obey me world!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is this actually a sequel? I ask because i was planning to watch it, and would like to know if i need to see anything before hand. Divine Wars TV series, or play OG1?
Better to do both. Animes usually miss out some of the minor content/plot in games/manga but yet they use some of the jokes/inside jokes from those minor plots.

Spoiler for :
__________________

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 00:23   Link #124
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Well, you might want to stop watching then. This is an Obari action anime through and through. It might not be oh so original, but at the end of the day can you name something which you consider to encompass this "originality" aspect you so desire? Its probably Gurren Lagann or something.
My opinion has nothing to do with Gurren Lagann, just the fact that it's structurally unoriginal. I saw the cool art and pretty colors and kind of got my hopes up for "awesome". Even "average" would have been good enough for me, but I just yawned my way through the episode. Literally.

Lame first episode or not, it's OG2 and I have to watch this. I can dismiss all the other stuff if it means they do a good job with Lamia. She was absolutely my favorite thing about OG2 overall. I've had worse shows become somewhat worthwhile because of one very well-written character.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 03:32   Link #125
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
And here I thought the Shirogane was permanently out of commission. It still doesn't have BFG or a BFD.
ReddyRedWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 05:14   Link #126
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
My opinion has nothing to do with Gurren Lagann, just the fact that it's structurally unoriginal. I saw the cool art and pretty colors and kind of got my hopes up for "awesome". Even "average" would have been good enough for me, but I just yawned my way through the episode. Literally.

Lame first episode or not, it's OG2 and I have to watch this. I can dismiss all the other stuff if it means they do a good job with Lamia. She was absolutely my favorite thing about OG2 overall. I've had worse shows become somewhat worthwhile because of one very well-written character.
The reason why this show looks unoriginal is because Obari IS original and other shows have been copying his style. What an irony.
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 05:58   Link #127
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I wasn't talking about just anime when I said "unoriginal"; these are standard action media conventions that have been adhered to for years, some of which started off exactly the same way the first episode of this series did.

A lot of action movies and anime do the decisive battle at the beginning. Then the antagonist's contact with the half-hidden face (which I thought was particularly stupid because anyone who's played the game knows exactly who she is). The whole "sit there and blow up while the heroes shoot at at you" I've only really seen in anime, I'll admit. Even Angelg's entrance was a little cliche, though the grandiose of it all more than makes up for it (assuming you can ignore that it's a mech with huge, honking tits and erect nipples).

This kind of stuff is about as old as black and white movies, so I doubt the man you're referring to had a hand in creating such a legacy. But rest assured, if you've seen your fair share of anime and action movies, all of this would seem very familiar to you.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:18   Link #128
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Alright, I'll say it now, this is everything I expected from decent OG series anime. Smooth animation, great art, music and...well fanservice.

The only thing what made a surprise impact was the first battle. I don't remember it going like ''that''. Maybe I missed something in the game...

Great entrance for Lamia. The only thing I need now are the subs lol
P.S. The artwork and fan art was always lacking when concerning OG series, with anime at our doorstep I hope this changes.
__________________

Last edited by Crimrui; 2010-10-03 at 12:31.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 13:04   Link #129
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
First eps have good potential

I want Kai Kitamura's Gespenst Custom to animated

From mass production unit to customized Gar'ness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDFdbKvGH0g
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 16:19   Link #130
Ryalynn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
OP is instant mechagasm. This is going to be such much better than Divine Wars.
Ryalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 18:17   Link #131
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Is episode 2 out yet? I want me some more Lamia. :(
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 22:50   Link #132
chickdigger802
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
So is this suppose to follow through the 2nd gba game?

liking it so far. glad the main character mechas aren't cg anymore.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 00:32   Link #133
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
I like the SRW games and after watching the first episode. Its a done deal that I'll finish this anime.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 00:49   Link #134
Dart
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Is episode 2 out yet? I want me some more Lamia.
It airs on Friday. You have five more days to wait (and CR does their subs on Sunday for some reason, so really, that's another full week).
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 01:21   Link #135
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The sad part is that Archibald respect ATX team's strength more than the godamn Lee.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 02:53   Link #136
Dart
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I just realized what's been bugging my about the start of the ep. First thing we see is Beowulf destroying the SRX (damn Mk.III is overpowered). Assuming that he's not going nuts on his allies, wouldn't that mean that in the Shadow-Mirrors universe, the SRX team sided with the Shadow-Mirrors?

All of a sudden I find myself wanting to see what the machine cell would to to the SRX.


ETA: "BRIT"? What the hell are CR's subbers on?

Last edited by Dart; 2010-10-04 at 03:16.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 03:18   Link #137
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
No, he was going nuts on his allies

which why Ryusei went "WTF!? Why are you doing this!?"
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 05:53   Link #138
Tofusensei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
ETA: "BRIT"? What the hell are CR's subbers on?
CR's subs say "Bullet". Go check.
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 07:26   Link #139
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
^ I just checked, on few different locations and they say ''Brit'' as well. They even changed Kyosuke's name into ''Kyousuke''
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 08:07   Link #140
mikoo
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Spoiler for ed:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mecha, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.