AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 16:14   Link #41
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime will ends in March, and replaced in april by Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko on the same TBS timeslot (Thursday, 25:55). So, it will be scheduled for 12 episodes only. J.C Staff also had Hidan no Aria in april also, in the same channel (it take over the Infinite Stratos timeslot, every Thursdays nights at 25:25).
Ah, in that case, I'm going to assume it will likely cover somewhere between two and three volumes of material then. I somehow doubt that they'll cover all five released volumes.
Old 2010-12-22, 21:19   Link #42
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime will ends in March, and replaced in april by Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko on the same TBS timeslot (Thursday, 25:55). So, it will be scheduled for 12 episodes only. J.C Staff also had Hidan no Aria in april also, in the same channel (it take over the Infinite Stratos timeslot, every Thursdays nights at 25:25).
I've seen nothing about Denpa's timeslot though, just that it'll be on TBS/BS-TBS. I'd be a bit disappointed if this turns out only to be 12 episodes though, since it looks like another long-term J.C.Staff action series.
Old 2010-12-22, 21:34   Link #43
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ Just reminder, anything MisaoFan says has no basis whatsoever. There was not a single announcement on timeslot for Denpa Onna yet. Only thing we know is partial staff and cast team.
Old 2010-12-22, 23:17   Link #44
Dr. Casey

Sorry, I didn't know we were already at the end.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:27   Link #45
kyouray
2D > 3D

Got on 2ch : short spot CM (not really new footage but HD quality)
Old 2010-12-25, 07:16   Link #46
Marina2

When I looked at the first PV of this show, [a girl's face turned evil] caught my attention, so I went to read its manga to find out about that girl and I found that she's an interesting character. For me, that is enough to keep me with this show ^^

In short: I will watch this.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 23:41   Link #47
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This looks interesting. At least the animation style looks cool. I'm adding this =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 02:50   Link #48
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Here is the fourth preview released in Comiket 79.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/yumekui/special/pv04.html

can't wait!
Old 2010-12-29, 18:35   Link #49
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Shouldn't this be out already?
Old 2010-12-29, 19:10   Link #50
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

What are you talking about? It doesn't air until January 6.
Old 2010-12-29, 19:30   Link #51
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I don't know what this is about and the trailers aren't doing a very good job at clearing that small confusion, but still, I think it's the first time I'm actually interested in one of these LN anime adaptations by J.C Staff in a looooong time.

Even though they have some really talented people working on them, as seen by the quality of a lot of scenes in shows like Ookami... something, the premises and overall style just weren't appealing to me. This one, though, has me hooked just from those promotional videos. I'm loving those fantasy-ish motifs, the guys wearing masks and the cats walking around and fighting. It sort of reminds me of a (way better produced) more action oriented Pandora Hearts. And that is fine, for me.

So yeah, I'll be watching it. These promos did it for me. I just hope the story will be able to focus on the action and not dwelve into random stuff like a lot of LNs seem to do.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2010-12-29 at 19:56.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 19:39   Link #52
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ It's manga adaptation, though.
Old 2010-12-29, 19:53   Link #53
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Oh, I see. J.C Staff working on it led me to believe otherwise. Still, point stands, I still think it has a pretty good amount of style, something a lot of shows these days seem to lack.

All aboard the hype train!
Old 2010-12-29, 19:54   Link #54
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I don't know what this is about and the trailers aren't doing a very good job at clearing that small confusion, but still, I think it's the first time I'm actually interested in one of these LN anime adaptations by J.C Staff in a looooong time.

Even though they have some really talented people working on them, as seen by the quality of a lot of scenes in shows like Ookami... something, the premises and overall style just weren't appealing to me. This one, though, has me hooked just from those promotional videos. I'm loving those fantasy-ish motifs, the guys wearing masks and the cats walking around and fighting. It sort of reminds me of a (way better produced) more action oriented Pandora Hearts. And that is fine, for me.

So yeah, I'll be watching it. These promos did it for me. I just hope the story will be able to focus on the action and not dwelve into random stuff like a lot of LNs seem to do.
Yeah, the thing about J.C.Staff's adaptations are that, since they're LNs, they don't solely focus on action. It's an acquired taste surely, but this is based on a seinen manga so there will definitely be more of a focus on action as opposed to Index or Shana.
Old 2010-12-29, 20:35   Link #55
Midonin
Last Engage

Action is only meaningful if you care about the characters and circumstances that lead up to it. Don't undervalue the non-action parts.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 20:43   Link #56
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Action is only meaningful if you care about the characters and circumstances that lead up to it. Don't undervalue the non-action parts.
While that is of course true, I don't particularly think that way. At least, not always. I'm able to enjoy animated action despite having any sort of deep sympathy for the characters involved. Over the years I think I've started to appreciate more and more animation itself, and that's certainly something J.C Staff is able to pull out well on a constant basis. So even if the show isn't particularly interesting, just having a bigger focus on (quality) action can make it a worthwhile time sinker.

Of course, if I do end up liking the characters and story, then even better! But in case I don't, I guess there's still going to be something in it that pleases me. To each his own, I guess?
Old 2010-12-29, 21:49   Link #57
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Agreed. I highly value the more 'quiet' parts in action series.

But when those parts are mostly used to either dump tons of fantasy exposition in a deathly boring manner, or used for dull trite fanservice hijinks to force new shipping material on the audience so that they will keep watching to see who the protagonist ends up with, that's what destroys my interest in a series. Both Shana and Index did this very badly, and my interest waned greatly throughout both (although I might pick up Index again). On the other hand, Mahou Sensei Negima has a knack for both explaining its magic in great detail and using fanservice to drive character interactions, both done without boring the audience, so I must conclude that one needs good direction and writing to pull off such scenes.

Let's hope JC Staff can accomplish that for this anime. The trailer looks good enough, so I hope not to be disappointed.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 01:18   Link #58
Marina2

I have read the manga. All I can say is this show's theme is Action-Fantasy, Comerdy (like Soul-Eater). Overall tone is not so serious. In Action scene, it's serious. In non-action scene, it's fun and relax.

This is a copy of my post from myanimelist
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=278302

Quote:
I don't know if it comes from offical source or not but many anime sites have posted the short summary of this anime as:

"Ten years ago Fujiwara noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the person's body. Ever since then he's been having a weird dream about a war with cats. Then one day a mysterious girl falls on top of him"

From what I saw, the "Ever since then he's been having a weird dream about a war with cats." part turns most people off from this show. Somehow, many people seem to think that "cats" means normal cats you see everyday, which is not. They are demon cats that walk with 2 legs. And no, "Neko" is not the theme of this show.

and the part "Then one day a mysterious girl falls on top of him" seems to make this show sound stupid and look like a harem or fan service anime for someone. It is ture that a mysterious girl fall on top with him but that is just how their first encounter look like (and she doesn't fall from the sky too,it's normal than that). There is almost no fanservice in the manga.I only saw one fanservice in the first four volume from total 5 volumes (excluding swimsuit+beach chapter) and yet one site listed this show as "Ecchi" - -''

After I read its manga, I have to accept that the plot is pretty genetic. If you have watched/read action-magic series like Soul-eater and Shana before, this isn't outstanding show for you. However, if you don't mind much about those things, this series itself has a good balnce between action and comerdy. The characters are also likeable. Also, if you are happened to be a Touhou (game) fan, the OP, ED composer is IOSYS who has done many remixes of touhou song. The author of manga is the one who drew Advent cirno.

So, if you have a time, please check it out before deciding to follow or drop.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
Luckily, PVs are good enough to catch people attention.

However, J.C. Staff is bad at doing Action scene (The effect, and light are good ,but it isn't "fun". Look at Index 2 for example). I hope it will turn out well in this show.

Last edited by Marina2; 2010-12-30 at 01:33.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 02:11   Link #59
jhefty

jhefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 03:00   Link #60
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I'm still confused about what the OP will be like.

Is IOSYS' involvement musical or animation? If it's the latter, I hope the OP is bat-shit insane like most of the stuff they do.

IIRC, the full TV-sized OP was previewed a few weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep about it aside from the samples.

Tags
fantasy, moe, seinen