AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-30, 05:30   Link #61
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^

It's only music. Both ending theme and opening theme is composed by IOSYS, that's all involvement they had.
Old 2010-12-30, 05:34   Link #62
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
What are you talking about? It doesn't air until January 6.
Oh my bad, confused it with something else.
Old 2011-01-01, 03:15   Link #63
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I've seen nothing about Denpa's timeslot though, just that it'll be on TBS/BS-TBS. I'd be a bit disappointed if this turns out only to be 12 episodes though, since it looks like another long-term J.C.Staff action series.
Me too and what a fantastic job the staff did on these trailers, the premise was leading me to believe I wouldn't go anywhere near it and these trailers basically reveal that the show is completely different than I expected with a nice striking style. Now I'd be extremely disappointed if this is merely 12/13 eps for something with this kind of scale.

The action, atmosphere, sweet animation work and Soul Eater tinged style of supernatural and dream(?) world design and action stuff, and Merry's fighting moves against that cool masked cat thing totally did their job peaking my interest, I hope it's not a bait and switch lol.

Edit: Marina2's post that it is an action-fantasy with some Soul Eater-like comedy has me even more excited for this and that this isn't the relationship drama with a tinge of flavor fantasy I expected before the sweet trailers.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-01-01 at 03:33.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 03:52   Link #64
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

This series looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 07:12   Link #65
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

free-for-grabs~

. . . . .

Some images,

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 2011-01-01, 20:38   Link #66
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I keep watching that new trailer over and over again.

I guess 2011 has its first addicting OP before the season really starts.

BTW, does Merry simply not care about wearing a flap top with such a diminuitive chest?
Old 2011-01-01, 21:04   Link #67
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
BTW, does Merry simply not care about wearing a flap top with such a diminuitive chest?
Not all pettanko are insecure about their breast size. Maybe she's even proud of it. I would be if I was her.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 13:16   Link #68
carcanclaw
Kitty?

The story is interesting enough, although I'm worried that a harem environment would make a unique character like Merry lose her originality very quickly.

At least the main character is, from what I've read, less annoying and self-sacrificing than the typical romantic protagonist. Merry is enough of a tsundere that he isn't always inclined to be melodramatic and protect her when she's in danger. All in all, this could turn out to be an ok show.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 17:20   Link #69
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
The story is interesting enough, although I'm worried that a harem environment would make a unique character like Merry lose her originality very quickly.

At least the main character is, from what I've read, less annoying and self-sacrificing than the typical romantic protagonist. Merry is enough of a tsundere that he isn't always inclined to be melodramatic and protect her when she's in danger. All in all, this could turn out to be an ok show.
Absolutely agreed. Those are my worries too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Not all pettanko are insecure about their breast size. Maybe she's even proud of it. I would be if I was her.
Yeah, she looks good as she is. That'd be a nice change of pace indeed.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 21:24   Link #70
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What's wrong with harem? I see absolutely no problem with it at all. How can mere 'harem environment' ruin the complex characterisation of single character? Any characters in manga/LN/anime bases any sort of cliche from the start as you stated; uniqueness is dead in any media.
Old 2011-01-02, 22:38   Link #71
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
With that kick? She's prob the one that's protecting him.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:01   Link #72
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
What's wrong with harem? I see absolutely no problem with it at all. How can mere 'harem environment' ruin the complex characterisation of single character? Any characters in manga/LN/anime bases any sort of cliche from the start as you stated; uniqueness is dead in any media.
Girls in a harem anime usually start out interesting, but end up losing the unique aspects of their personalities in favor of ones that appeal to the male protagonist. Tough and mysterious characters will often become softer and more open to get the guy to like them, and the change can be pretty exaggerated sometimes.

I'm not saying "original" when I say "unique," as long as all of the girls don't fall head-over-heels for the guy to the point where they all behave basically the same, I won't mind. I'm not sure this will even be a harem, it just seems set up that way.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 23:46   Link #73
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I fail to see the harem. Those other girls don't look credible enough.
Old 2011-01-03, 01:01   Link #74
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Merry has more dere than tsun, and it's a good sign.
Given that I've only read the translated manga, but I still haven't seen a sign of harem yet.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:44   Link #75
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
With that kick? She's prob the one that's protecting him.
lol,having read some of the manga I was going to say the same thing.

I know they want to bring people in by using the cute girl,but one thing I like about the manga is the male lead,so I wish I would see him more in the promotional material.
Old 2011-01-03, 04:17   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Merry has more dere than tsun
For her to have tsun or dere she needs to have a relationship of some sort with the male protagonist. As she doesn't I'd say she's just hard headed.
Old 2011-01-03, 06:16   Link #77
Marina2

I don't think Merry is tsun at all. At least, not at the level of Shana and Taiga.

About harem, you may get the feeling of it after volume 2 (Main guy is surrounded by 3 girls, after all.) ,but don't worry the action is still the large part of series.

With only 5 volumes come out, I don't think we will get more than 12-13 eps unless they slow down the story progression or put in some original content.
.................................................. .............

Wallpapers I found around the internet.

Author might love small/flat breast girls lol

Last edited by Marina2; 2011-01-03 at 07:18.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 11:55   Link #78
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't think Merry is tsun at all. At least, not at the level of Shana and Taiga.
[...]
mmm, Shana was ok for me, Taiga and that other one with the familiar were already too much. I hope Merry'll be similar to Alice of Pandora Hearts. Or at least having a bit of tsun ... ops, there's no relationship with the MC? odd.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 12:11   Link #79
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I don't think being tsundere only limited in relationship, though. People can act tsundere before going to relationship anyway. Also, Merry and MC don't have one? Odd, indeed.
Old 2011-01-03, 13:23   Link #80
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

For it to be tsun there has to be a so called "inner soft side". That's not the case here I think. Some characters just that attitude as "normal". I think because people expect every character these days to be some soft creampuff they instantly turn the tsun card whenever any tomboy like character turns up.

Of course this is just personal opinion, you can think whatever.

Tags
fantasy, moe, seinen