AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-23, 22:14   Link #1
tera_ha

Smile non-ongoing anime suggestions - Help!

I have watched a lot of anime so i m having a hard time finding a new good one , for that reason , last couple of months, all i have watched is jdoramas(which i don't regret).

Here are my top 10 to give you an idea what i like though they are different genres that just means i like all sorts of anime

trigun, ouran high school, monster, FMA/brotherhood, code geass, death note, gundam seed, naruto shippuden, one piece(ongoing favourite), rurouni kenshin(all time favourite)

Animes i am currently watching are(that are ongoing)
One piece, naruto, high school of the dead, fairy tail(can't get enough of it), reborn(this feels like its dragging a bit but meh)

I am looking for a non-ongoing anime so i don't have to wait a week for a new episode

any suggestions?
Old 2010-07-23, 22:57   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Juuni Kokuki
R.O.D: The TV
Witch Hunter Robin
Noir
Shura no Toki
Brigadoon
Ghost in the Shell: SAC

Those are all good and have some action, since that seems to be what you like.
Old 2010-07-24, 00:09   Link #3
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Juuni Kokuki
R.O.D: The TV
Witch Hunter Robin
Noir
Shura no Toki
Brigadoon
Ghost in the Shell: SAC

Those are all good and have some action, since that seems to be what you like.
Watched WHR, GIS and Noir already, couldn't finish noir because it lost the touch for me anyways. same for ROD
Juuni Kokuki looks promising , i will give that a try
Thanks
Old 2010-07-24, 05:32   Link #4
TyG3R

Baccano
Durarara
Darker Than Black

Those are all good action animes.
Old 2010-07-24, 08:56   Link #5
kitten320

To be more specific... you are serching for some action/comedy/mystery shows or just more action based? Any drama involvement?
Old 2010-07-24, 17:25   Link #6
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
More people should watch Shigofumi.

Also n'thing Darker Than Black.
Old 2010-07-24, 17:30   Link #7
NoLongerSane

You could try Outlaw Star. If you like Fairy Tail, you might want to try Groove Adventure Rave.
Old 2010-07-24, 20:23   Link #8
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyG3R View Post
Baccano
Durarara
Darker Than Black

Those are all good action animes.
watched darker than black, baccano looks really good, i will give that a try for sure , same goes for durarara , thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
To be more specific... you are serching for some action/comedy/mystery shows or just more action based? Any drama involvement?
I dont mind the anime just action based but i would prefer the mix of everything, specially drama and thriller alongside some comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
More people should watch Shigofumi.

Also n'thing Darker Than Black.
Thanks but not really into uber supernatural things like in shigfumi, already watched darker than black

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
You could try Outlaw Star. If you like Fairy Tail, you might want to try Groove Adventure Rave.
outlaw star's art is a bit of a turn off for me, but i will still give that a try when i get chance. and yes i love fairy tail and have already given rave a try, its jsut not good enough for me

Thanks though
Old 2010-07-25, 07:37   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tera_ha View Post
I dont mind the anime just action based but i would prefer the mix of everything, specially drama and thriller alongside some comedy
I'll suggest Kure-nai then as it has both drama and comedy and some action. Seconds for Junni Kokuki as well. You might want to try the Read or Die OVA; I enjoyed it more than the television series.
Old 2010-07-25, 09:46   Link #10
Haladflire65
*Artist

You have a lot of my faves in your list, so I'll give you some titles that I enjoyed:

Kuroshitsuji - excellent gothic fantasy/drama/mystery/action with a great pair of lead characteres.
Gundam 00 - great animation and decent story.
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - awesome over-the-top mecha action.
Sengoku Basara - same as Gurren-Lagann except for the mecha, which are replaced with badass samurai
Sword of the Stranger - it's a movie but it had one of the most epic swordfights I've ever seen in anime. A great samurai anime.
Old 2010-07-25, 16:40   Link #11
NoLongerSane

I second both Gurren-Lagann and Sengoku Basara for the over the top action and bgm that goes with them. I would also like to recommend Gun x Sword for another action mech series that has an interesting story to it. Plus, you might find some similarities with the character designs since it is done by the same person who did the character designs for Code Geass among others.
Old 2010-07-27, 09:04   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Might try Crest of The Stars and
Chrome Shelled Regios

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-07-27, 16:36   Link #13
Niji

Quote:
Originally Posted by tera_ha View Post
Michiko to Hatchin and Samurai Champloo? Dunno, kinda cant imagine you missed those. Black Lagoon has comedic aspects but very heavy on the action side (and violence), and thriller (and second season somewhat disturbing)

Edit: and yeah, not shounen. Check them out if you like
Old 2010-07-28, 03:05   Link #14
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niji View Post
Michiko to Hatchin and Samurai Champloo? Dunno, kinda cant imagine you missed those. Black Lagoon has comedic aspects but very heavy on the action side (and violence), and thriller (and second season somewhat disturbing)

Edit: and yeah, not shounen. Check them out if you like
Thanks, i will give michiko to hatchin a try, i have watched samurai champloo long time ago , and as i mentioned that i have also watched black lagoon already
Old 2010-07-28, 03:07   Link #15
tera_ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll suggest Kure-nai then as it has both drama and comedy and some action. Seconds for Junni Kokuki as well. You might want to try the Read or Die OVA; I enjoyed it more than the television series.
thanks, i will give kure nai a try soon, junni kokoki , i couldn't watch after the first episode, its probably good but art was just a really big turn off

currenly watching bakemonogatari and baccon as suggested by members

thanks all , keep the suggestions comin