AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 12:05   Link #601
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Damn, this anime is great. Can't wait for the next episode.

Makise's run away was more than weird. I wonder why she ran.
Old 2011-04-20, 12:54   Link #602
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Damn, this anime is great. Can't wait for the next episode.

Makise's run away was more than weird. I wonder why she ran.
She ran away because she is shocked and was forced into denial state, well remember in episode 2 she did put many theories about the impossibility for time travel yet and to witness and find herself in front of the same thing that she was denying it's existence up until now.. That's a shock in a certain way on her genius level .
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 12:54   Link #603
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
PLEASE tell me you're joking. There's no way you can post something like that and NOT expect to get chewed up and spit out by the wrath of the people on these forums, myself included (I'm just being very tame today).
I'm just tired of the shows with the loser lead that still has some girl thats extremely dedicated to them, while acting like they're still in grade school. And she is depicted as liking to sew cosplay outfits and working at a maid cafe... She loses the gachapon immediately and generally just acts really stupid.

The plot finally came around to decently interesting by Ep3, but only with an extremely high level of suspension of disbelief over how retarded all of the events are so far. CERN using the LHC to take over control of the world, making a time machine, and somehow an IBM 5100 PC from the 70s is going to save the world?

Way too much self-insert going on in this show.... but then again it is based on a VN...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 12:57   Link #604
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
And she is depicted as liking to sew cosplay outfits and working at a maid cafe...
It's Japan. Those things aren't indicative of much beyond having an inclination towards cute things and/or needing a job and/or being involved in nerd culture.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:04   Link #605
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
I'm just tired of the shows with the loser lead that still has some girl thats extremely dedicated to them,
That's what we generally refer to as friends

Quote:
while acting like they're still in grade school. And she is depicted as liking to sew cosplay outfits and working at a maid cafe... She loses the gachapon immediately and generally just acts really stupid.
She does not act unintelligently, rather eccentrically, but even that pales in comparison with the rest of the cast.

Quote:
The plot finally came around to decently interesting by Ep3, but only with an extremely high level of suspension of disbelief over how retarded all of the events are so far. CERN using the LHC to take over control of the world, making a time machine, and somehow an IBM 5100 PC from the 70s is going to save the world?

Way too much self-insert going on in this show.... but then again it is based on a VN...
So? Your point
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:09   Link #606
j-fizz

Quote:
I'm just tired of the shows with the loser lead that still has some girl thats extremely dedicated to them, while acting like they're still in grade school. And she is depicted as liking to sew cosplay outfits and working at a maid cafe... She loses the gachapon immediately and generally just acts really stupid.

I was curious about this John Titor fellow and it turns out everything said about him actually happened. I'm not saying he is actually a time traveler but the story behind him is just as it is in the anime. He's from 2036 and claimed to have traveled back to 1975 In order to acquire an old IBM to save the future or something like that. I like the fact they based the story around this self-proclaimed time traveler.
j-fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:15   Link #607
Jarmel

I'm greatly enjoying this. One of my friends is a John Titor fan so I knew all about him going in which just increases my enjoyment of the show. Alot of the stuff other than the microwave actually correlates to real life rumors which is awesome.

I'm starting to think that the girl downstairs at the shop is working for SERN.

Overall I like that the main character is crazy and the plot actually seems well written.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:28   Link #608
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

The premise has great potential, but the childish antics of Okarin and his assistants keep distracting me from delving further into fascinating theories of time-travel. At first, I was glad for someone serious like Makise Kurisu. Then she and Okarin kept calling each other perverts.

My favorite parts of the show are the serious, brooding moments. For example, the ending of episode 3 raised the stakes; Okarin and company might be unveiling some of science's darkest secrets.

I hope the anime steers away from too much silliness. A little bit of silliness is manageable. Hey, Fullmetal Alchemist had some funny moments. But when boiled down to the core, this show's primary selling point is time-travel. Just focus on time-travelling, and I'll be pleased.

Episode 3 Rating: 8/10

Last edited by Deconstructor; 2011-04-20 at 13:42.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 13:29   Link #609
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'm starting to think that the girl downstairs at the shop is working for SERN..
You want more wild theories? Moeka is John Titor (since she is looking for th IBM and gathers proof where she has been).
Old 2011-04-20, 16:33   Link #610
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, he goes to college, right? What else would someone whose primary interest is time travel be taking other than physics courses?
He indeed attends college, but he's only a first year. I was shocked to learn he's only 18 years old... I thought he was at least in his twenties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
it seems to me, that HOUOUIN merely didn't even know of its existence; which is, in itself, quite shocking. but, oh well...
Perhaps this is an actual plot point. As in, the LHD wasn't created until much later in the original timeline Okarin remembers. Yeah, I doubt it, but who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You want more wild theories? Moeka is John Titor (since she is looking for th IBM and gathers proof where she has been).
Wild theory? I'd say this is obvious. In fact, it's so obvious it's probably a red herring.
Old 2011-04-20, 16:37   Link #611
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He indeed attends college, but he's only a first year. I was shocked to learn he's only 18 years old... I thought he was at least in his twenties.
Wait, what?

I thought he was in his thirties.

My mind, he be blown.

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-04-20 at 16:53.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 17:58   Link #612
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HULRIB7ZQE

/brb listening to Kana-chan moe voice over & over again
Anyone want more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W83mkPLgBdk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkQzU_ATkA4

Last edited by GreyFlcn; 2011-04-20 at 23:00.
GreyFlcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 18:21   Link #613
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
He is only 18?! I thought he was much older, like late 20's or even early 30's. Wow.
Old 2011-04-20, 18:31   Link #614
pampz21
ripApart

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
He is only 18?! I thought he was much older, like late 20's or even early 30's. Wow.
yeah he's only first year college that why he's the same age as Kurisutina when she was at US she skips grade so she already finish college! and if you look at it carefully! he's the god damn childhood friend of Mayushi!!!!!!!!!! of course they're the same age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakisobapan View Post
Plus Mayuri isn't even the female lead...
Who said so? have you heard the tern HAREM?

Quote:
Your not a fan of MOE character??
tell that to an otaku and you won't hear the end of it!

Quote:

You don't really like to use your head no?
or you forgot how to think and imagine things?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:01   Link #615
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
IBM 5100 PC
The IBM 5100 reference comes from the original John Titor hoax. Of course in the VN (no spoilers), John Titor becomes "real", the 5100 serves a purpose. In Steins;Gate, many things that appear out of place are not really out of place. It just has not been explained yet
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:06   Link #616
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFlcn View Post
Nah, not as addictive as the original.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Wait, what?

I thought he was in his thirties.

My mind, he be blown.
Me too, well at least he's not in high school

Quote:
Wild theory? I'd say this is obvious. In fact, it's so obvious it's probably a red herring.
OK, not so wild indeed, we'll see... the other possibility is that Okarin is John Titor (which would fit more with the introductionary narrative from the first episode)

By the way, back in episode one when the murder is supposed to take place, isn't that Okarin's VA screaming, instead of Kurisu's
Old 2011-04-20, 21:28   Link #617
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah, not as addictive as the original.
Yeah true. But I think I got the loop editing done better on this version atleast ;D

First one, the loop cuts were a bit messy, since I guessed by seconds, rather than by frames.

Last edited by GreyFlcn; 2011-04-20 at 23:00.
GreyFlcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:36   Link #618
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:

Spoiler for Omg:

As for people who're saying Mayuri isn't the female lead, that's 50% true and 50% not true. She isn't the MAIN female lead (that's supposed to be Kurisu), but she's kinda like a minor female lead.
Spoiler for In fact...:
Old 2011-04-20, 21:48   Link #619
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

John Titor has to time traveled back to 1975 in order to get the IBM 5100, as on the anime said, it has hidden functions known only to few IBM engineers...

IBM 5100 saves the future?...
maybe thats true, John Titor came from the future in 2036 because he was assigned to get that item in order to prevent the what they called 2038 problem (see wiki for info, theres a gif image there to explain).

LHC?..
i doubt they doin those mini blackholes, and the possiblity of time travel, i read a news in net that they have tried it (its only time machine).

wait, Okarin and Darius were shocked to the results of SERN's experiments, those words appear...

"Human is dead" <-- does SERN use humans for time travel?

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:57   Link #620
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

The way I interpreted "human is dead" is that all humans were dead at the point in the future -- or in the specific timeline involved -- from which the message came, and so there was no type match with a human.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mystery, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation