AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-05-31, 14:06   Link #1261
GreyFlcn

Man... this "butterfly effect" imagery is giving me creeps on the potential here.

What did happen with the latest D-Mail?!
GreyFlcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:09   Link #1262
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Mayuri refers to her as Ruka-Chan when previously she had always called him Ruka-Kun. The chan suffix is typically reserved for girls while kun is reserved for boys and well.....I don't see why they would distinguish the two that clearly in Mayuri's dialogues unless something had changed and Mayuri is nothing if not particular and consistent in how she greets and talks to people.
So what now? New episode no released, no talk about Ruka's gender at all and subs still refer to Ruka as him.

As for the episode itself.. That was amazing, as always. Can't wait to see what else they may have changed unknowingly.

A question about the episode.. Was Feyris' dad dead or something? If it was told somewhere, I might have missed it. Since Okarin asked who he is (her dad) it seems as if she sent a message to prevent his death and that's why Feyris never brought the moe culture to Akiba. Might be something else though, than his death.. hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFlcn View Post
Man... this "butterfly effect" imagery is giving me creeps on the potential here.

What did happen with the latest D-Mail?!
Did you completely miss the last minutes of the episode with the moe culture disappearing from Akiba? Not to mention Feyris' dad whom Kyouma supposedly has never met.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:13   Link #1263
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Did you completely miss the last minutes of the episode with the moe culture disappearing from Akiba? Not to mention Feyris' dad whom Kyouma supposedly has never met.
Yes, because I stopped watching at the credit roll ;D

Guess I'll go back and look.

___

Oh wait, looks like Episode 9 is out now. Had me thoroughly confused that I was missing something in episode 8.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:22   Link #1264
Dist

Well looks like I spoiled you then, sorry . But indeed, we're talking already about 9th episode. I thought you were too since you said something about the butterfly effect..
Old 2011-05-31, 14:30   Link #1265
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Well looks like I spoiled you then, sorry . But indeed, we're talking already about 9th episode. I thought you were too since you said something about the butterfly effect..
Well not really, I kinda got that from some of the Nico Douga videos I've been browsing.

Occupational hazard of hosting Steins Gate videos on youtube ;D

http://www.youtube.com/user/greyflcn?feature=mhee
Old 2011-05-31, 15:01   Link #1266
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
She didn't accept it. Even Okarin admitted it probably wouldn't do anything. Unless my memory is failing me...
Oh it's obvious that eating more veggies allowed the egg to create a Y barrier that only allowed the x chromosome containing sperm in. It also made those Y chromosome containing sperm more slower on the upstroke. Didn't they teach you guys that is school?
Old 2011-05-31, 15:05   Link #1267
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
I am now amused that another discovery about Makise Kurisu has been made: She's a 2channer.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:18   Link #1268
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Spoiler for Epi 9:
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:20   Link #1269
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 9: The Butterfly Effect:

Last edited by Saturn Beaver; 2011-05-31 at 15:35.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:21   Link #1270
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Feyris... finally! she and Mayushi in her school uniform owned the episode!

Some details on the ep.
  • 8:15-20 Mayushii X Kurisu, yuri field >9000
  • 10:00-10 Ruka was wearing the same school uniform as Mayushii

Anyway, it sucks that Akiba lost her queen along with her empire, I hope they correct it in the future, otherwise no more chance to see Feyris/Mayushii in maid uniforms
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:24   Link #1271
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
And.. what?! No "tuturu" this episode?!
Old 2011-05-31, 15:28   Link #1272
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Spoiler for Epi 9:
We got the tsundere 2channeler instead. She's really training Okarin. I rather see more of that.

At any rate, that pillow is cute.
Old 2011-05-31, 15:28   Link #1273
pampz21
Banned

Quote:
And.. what?! No "tuturu" this episode?!
we only get nyan-nyan!

damn you Okabe with this a shocking development will happen!!!!
Harem is the choice of Stein's Gate!

Quote:
We got the tsundere 2channeler instead. She's really training Okarin. I rather see more of that.
More like Okarin opening Kurisu's otaku potential!!

Okarin-"Is this the choice of Stein's Gate?"
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:30   Link #1274
Dist

Just thought of something.. If they lost IBN 5100, they never saw those Jellyman reports. If that's the case, how do they even know humans turn into jelly if they go through time travel? It was clear from this episode that they did know it would happen..
Old 2011-05-31, 15:43   Link #1275
pampz21
Banned

Quote:
Just thought of something.. If they lost IBN 5100, they never saw those Jellyman reports. If that's the case, how do they even know humans turn into jelly if they go through time travel? It was clear from this episode that they did know it would happen..
they did know you'll turn into a jelly...cuz of the jel-banana
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:49   Link #1276
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Oh, my post was too serious and focused on the plot development, I forgot to say this: the episode is still really hilarious, I literally howled with laughter throughout the phone convo between Kurisu and Okarin. I have to definitely say, the two of them have the best chemistry in all the anime I watched this season (sorry, JintanxNaruko). Kurisu is really my favorite type of tsundere, not just because she pulled off the perfect combination of sexy awesome and smart in that lab coat of hers or the fact that she's so much a nerd she knows memes, but I love that instead of being abusive she knows exactly how to handle her peculiar partner with all those delicious back and forth banter. Lots of that goes to the dialog as usual too, the formalized speech Okarin does at the end was great, especially the fact that he's still using (name pending) and made an error, but Kurisu noticing that is the icing on the awesome cake.

Other observations:
- Daru, not only are you a pervert, you're so easily seduced...
- Cosplay is one thing, but why does Mayushii have to wear a wig? Is it really part of the dress code?
- Hmm, Mayushii shows she cares about Okarin and felt that he's drifting away...interesting.
- As mentioned, Kurisu is a 2channer. Yeah, we should have guessed from the orz pose she did, although I expect her to identify a trap better (to be fair, Ruka is very high level).
- How very dedicated of Feyris, even out of work she still keeps her nyan-speech...maybe that's how she regularly speaks? She's literally the origin of moe itself after all, she's even the key point of the very existence of Akiba as we know it.
Old 2011-05-31, 15:58   Link #1277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2011-05-31, 16:13   Link #1278
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

you wont get that details in anime version but in VN

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 16:14   Link #1279
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
Oh yeah, forgot about that, Kurisu's sexual tension is with Okarin is really rivaled by the one she has with Mayushii. This really is Mayushii's harem, but don't worry Okarin, I think she's going to include you as well...

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Yep, completely agree, this really is a surprise for me that I could like a tsundere better than a Hanazawa Kana character, clearly not the case in both Ore Imo and Infinite Stratos. I still think Mayushii is really cute, but Kurisu is really the one I would be looking very much to go out with.

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Now that you mention it, it is quite bothersome indeed. I really, really hope that this isn't a plot hole and will be addressed later.

Btw, I just realized - Ruka's school uniform looks very similar to Mayushii's. Assuming that boys have a different version like it usually is, this means that it's certain that Ruka is a girl in this timeline? Since stupid Okarin didn't do a hands-on approach to check for sure...
Old 2011-05-31, 16:16   Link #1280
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
That was another great episode. I've been wanting Feyris to get more screentime, and this episode fully delivered. When she talked about being the one who popularized moe culture in Akiba, my first thought was "how awesome would it be if her D-mail destroyed moe?"; and then BAM! Akiba was gone. Ishihara wishes he could use D-mails.
Nonsense.

Doujins still exist, and even if Akiba isn't nerd central anymore, to say it destroyed moe as a whole is preposterous. As long as there is one nerd, the culture cannot be stopped. It may exist in tiny corners of the internet, doujin sales that vanish as quickly as they appeared, cult series beloved by a few with the passion of many, but it still exists.

It always still exists. Hope and nerdery still exist!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mystery, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation