AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-06-07, 18:26   Link #1481
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Ah yes, I completely disregarded the fact that she's supposedly from the future. Two different Titors seem kinda odd though.

Oh well, finally they revealed that Ruka is in fact, a girl. Well, it was quite obvious yes but still I wanted this to happen. The butterfly in the end really seems to imply that something big/bad is going to happen or has happened. What can be so big though that would be caused by a d-mail sent few minutes into the past?
Old 2011-06-07, 18:47   Link #1482
CatOfTime

For some reason in the original timeline Suzuha didn't come to the lab like she had promised (just texted Okabe a message saying sorry, goodbye) but what had been that reason? Either it's the one reason Suzuha told Okabe before (she is going to leave the city after finding or not finding her dad) or something happened during the meeting in which Suzuha was (in the original timeline). Now that Suzuha wasn't in the meeting something that was supposed to happen didn't happend and causes something to happen in the future.

Sorry for unclear message :d
CatOfTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 19:10   Link #1483
Used Can

Daru said a famous author was going to attend to that forum. I wonder if that's Suzuha's father.
I wouldn't know if I'd jump on the "Daru is Suzuha's father" bandwagon, but well, they do have similar hair colour. It'd be funny, considering Daru is chubby, whereas Suzuha is very fit.
Old 2011-06-07, 19:20   Link #1484
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Daru said a famous author was going to attend to that forum. I wonder if that's Suzuha's father.
I wouldn't know if I'd jump on the "Daru is Suzuha's father" bandwagon, but well, they do have similar hair colour. It'd be funny, considering Daru is chubby, whereas Suzuha is very fit.
I agree I thought about that author Daru said as well. So now we can confirm that the satllite is an time machine?
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 19:42   Link #1485
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Don't forget that Daru is voiced by Seki Tomokazu. Underneath those layers of anti-famine armor is a hot-blooded action hero!
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 19:43   Link #1486
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

- aww, they cut the humour when kurisu punish okabe in exchange of chara development ( good decision tough )
- BLOOD TUNE!!!! it has been a long time since I hear that ( why mayuri didnt mention seira-tan instead? )
- *watching ep 10 -> go wiki for john titor -> read why he appears in 2000 -> oh wow
- butterfly at the end of episode *khihihihihihihihihi

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 22:36   Link #1487
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Still loving this show, but a small dissent in the flood of praise. Does anyone else think Okarin is getting stupider and stupider?

Spoiler for 10:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 22:46   Link #1488
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well with Ruka I don't think he suspected that Ruka actually changed genders. I mean at least the idea that vegetables would change Ruka's gender is by itself ludicrous, but Ruka's appearance didn't really change either, so I think it's forgivable that he wasn't that suspicous of her initially.

I also don't think he realized the gravity of how much could change with a simple message when he let Feryis send it, so sure he may be a bit naive/stupid.

As for the Suzuha thing, he did consider it briefly if the changes could be far reaching before sending it. At this point he's not making changes without being aware that the changes can be drastic or severe I would hope.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 23:53   Link #1489
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I have to agree with Guardian Enzo on Okarin in general, and on Okarin not picking up on Ruka's sex change in particular.

I largely enjoyed the latest Steins;Gate episode, but the way Okarin handled the revelation that Ruka's sex had changed was downright cringe-worthy to me. I really disliked that scene quite a bit, I have to be honest.

The way that Ruka blushed and tried to cover her breasts, when Okarin stared at her right after Okarin sent the "eat vegetables" D-Mail back in time, should have tipped Okarin off to the fact that maybe, just maybe, Ruka's gender had in fact changed.

I mean, many of us here on this thread were left suspecting just that because of Ruka's breast-hiding gesture, so Okarin should have picked up on that too, imo.

It's also true that Okarin is playing pretty fast and loose with the D-Mail system, and that's a bit worrisome.

That being said, I did like the Okarin/Suzuha conversations in this episode, as well as a couple of the Okarin/Kurisu moments.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-06-08 at 00:04.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 00:30   Link #1490
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
As far as I see, satellite disappeared after Suzuha farewell'd with Okarin. So it looks like she was that strange figure near the satellite in the beginning of 1st episode.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 00:41   Link #1491
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

i LOL'ed at Mayushi when she said to Rukako..
Spoiler for this...:

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 00:42   Link #1492
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Really couldn't help thinking when Kurisu threatened Okarin about following Suzuha that she really does have him whipped. One downside is that because Okarin went and followed Suzuha he missed that moment when the breaker went off. That was a pretty nice moment for those two. While he does have that nice connection with Mayuri it just feels more and more like things are going to happen with Kurisu.

Will say I completely missed any connection between Daru and Suzuha. Thought he was just checking her out . Still a strange thing to think about and now have to consider the mother. Can kind of piece it together in my head though. SERN evenutally took over and Daru fairly soon after the birth of his daughter is taken out of the picture. His hacking skills might be something that group would want out of the way. Then Suzuha eventually goes back both to find a way to warn others about the dangers of SERN (maybe as John Titor) and also to find and meet the father she never knew.

Interesting when Okarin picked up that ability of his. Though questions like how just getting sick would give him that ability though he might have gotten sick because he got the ability. Wonder if that wish had any effect after all?

The red jelly was definitely worth Okarin freaking out about. If it was SERN that could be a pretty good message saying "stop messing around with the world lines or you/your lab members will get turned into jelly...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I have to agree with Guardian Enzo on Okarin in general, and on Okarin not picking up on Ruka's sex change in particular.

I largely enjoyed the latest Steins;Gate episode, but the way Okarin handled the revelation that Ruka's sex had changed was downright cringe-worthy to me. I really disliked that scene quite a bit, I have to be honest.

The way that Ruka blushed and tried to cover her breasts, when Okarin stared at her right after Okarin sent the "eat vegetables" D-Mail back in time, should have tipped Okarin off to the fact that maybe, just maybe, Ruka's gender had in fact changed.

I mean, many of us here on this thread were left suspecting just that because of Ruka's breast-hiding gesture, so Okarin should have picked up on that too, imo.

It's also true that Okarin is playing pretty fast and loose with the D-Mail system, and that's a bit worrisome.

That being said, I did like the Okarin/Suzuha conversations in this episode, as well as a couple of the Okarin/Kurisu moments.
Well initially I just attributed Okarin not recalling that situation before as due to stress. I mean all the ramifications of moving world lines is definitely weighing on his mind. Also they've changed lines so many times wouldn't it be possible to move right back onto one where Ruka turned out to be a guy again? Can also just go with the thinking that Ruka has always been a bit girlish and Kurisu's reaction would be more from 'misunderstanding' Ruka's gender. I still think he probably should have picked up on it, but not really too surprised that he didn't.
Old 2011-06-08, 00:48   Link #1493
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No.
We can suspect anything we want because we are the viewers, to us this is just fiction.
But to Okarin, it's reality.
If a boy you know in real life suddenly acts like that, do you suspect that his gender changed?
Old 2011-06-08, 01:14   Link #1494
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
No.
We can suspect anything we want because we are the viewers, to us this is just fiction.
But to Okarin, it's reality.
If a boy you know in real life suddenly acts like that, do you suspect that his gender changed?
Or the fact that despite being a different gender, Rukako dresses and looks exactly the same prior to the D-mail being sent?

I think people need to cut Okabe some slack regarding that matter.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 01:14   Link #1495
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
As far as I see, satellite disappeared after Suzuha farewell'd with Okarin. So it looks like she was that strange figure near the satellite in the beginning of 1st episode.
Speaking of satellites, did anyone thing there was a few too many long shots of "Venus" for it to be a coincidence?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 01:55   Link #1496
DarkendViel
Inactive Member

Well I just re-watched ep 1 since I noticed someone mentioned part-time warrior was standing there by the satellite and
Spoiler for Strange thought:
DarkendViel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 02:49   Link #1497
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

What exactly is that Stein Reading skill? I thought it was just one of Okarin's made up? Is it the ability for him to travel between world while keeping his memory or something?

Booo!!! Ruka's gender change discovering was totally flat. Did Okarin not explain on Ruka's "true" identity to everyone? And did he really accept all that that easy? What if one day he end up falling love, marry her and have children? Should he keeps approaching her the same way he have always did, (sword practicing and such)?
I guess they probably have a whole route exploring more on this in the LN.

Mayuri and Kurisu paired up for cooking is simply the best. And Mayuri seems to enjoy butchering the mushrooms with her double kitchen-knife-wielding skill

Finally, butterfly, Daru and part-time warrior. Can't really bother to think much on it, so i will sit back and enjoy the ride then
Old 2011-06-08, 02:51   Link #1498
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

It's just what he named as his ability to seemingly keep his memories despite moving world lines. He doesn't know how he has it, or why.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 03:59   Link #1499
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

people never realize his own mistakes until it's too late while the other ( viewer ) can find & point out the mistakes so easily

actually okarin keep arguing with kurisu about ruka's gender ( good humour here )
they skip this in anime

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 04:13   Link #1500
erneiz_hyde
俺強えええ (笑)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
people never realize his own mistakes until it's too late while the other ( viewer ) can find & point out the mistakes so easily

actually okarin keep arguing with kurisu about ruka's gender ( good humour here )
they skip this in anime
*Okabe frantically explaining to an angered Kurisu that Ruka used to be a guy*
Kurisu: What the hell? Are you saying that Ruka used to be like Daru?
Okabe: Huh?
*The two fell silent a bit, imagining the scene*
Kurisu&Okabe: これはひどい (That's terrible...)

The fact that Kurisu equates Guy=Daru screams yuri for me

Tags
drama, mystery, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation