AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-16, 19:38   Link #1681
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 幻想郷
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Well hair-color aside, there have been some pretty big hints, one of which is the computer forum that Daru was going to go to. And it sounded like Suzuha wanted to go to that to meet "her father." Since it seems like she's from the future, and she keeps talking about her "father", the most likely connection is to Daru (not to mention the hair color is totally plausible).
Ah now it makes perfect sense to me after you put it in this way. I was also wondering that also but I rejected that idea immediately after thinking how Daru looks totally NEET and I thought how could Daru married with gorgeous girl and gave birth to someone who is so beatiful and gorgeous as Suzuha. But yeah that makes sense now and I wouldn't be suprised if she turns out to be his daughter. Thanks for explaning and now gotta rewatch this episode again to refresh my mind once again.
__________________
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 19:50   Link #1682
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
I was also wondering that also but I rejected that idea immediately after thinking how Daru looks totally NEET and I thought how could Daru married with gorgeous girl and gave birth to someone who is so beatiful and gorgeous as Suzuha.
It's quite possible that just because Daru looks one way now doesn't mean he looks that way by the time Suzuha is born, and there are some women who would find him attractive even in spite of how he looks and acts. Personally, I'm more curious why, if he is her father, he left her behind at such a young age. Perhaps a connection to her being a soldier, that he died for her cause?
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 20:16   Link #1683
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@miroku/qpax/RB: Well, another (much more likely) possibility is a defective condom during an intimate compensated date
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 22:09   Link #1684
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
To be more honest, I'm more curious about who Suzuha's mother is.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 22:57   Link #1685
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^^ Mayushii
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 01:00   Link #1686
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where you live... the question is, do you see me?
Age: 21
Wait, people think Daru is Suzuha's father. Okay I understand Daru was not in the laboratory when Suzuha and the other lab members were having a party... but why has Okarin not yet commented on their family likeness? In addition Suzuha says her father is Barrel Titor and I don't think Daru is typing on the Internet with the name of Barrel Titor. Given this was a previous timeline so anything could have changed by now, but people are using Daru and Suzuha's similar hair color as evidence.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 01:05   Link #1687
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
I also don't buy the whole theory that Daru is Suzuha's father.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 01:16   Link #1688
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where you live... the question is, do you see me?
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I also don't buy the whole theory that Daru is Suzuha's father.
So you buy half of it then... maybe Daru is Suzuha's long lost brother? I mean, do we at least know their ages? If so we can frame the theory as either plausible or unlikely.

Still I wouldn't be surprised if the writers intentionally related (i.e. trolled) two characters who are complete opposites where fitness and athleticism is concerned.
The hot biker chick and the obese Internet nerd. Sounds like the starting premise for a dramatic play.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 01:20   Link #1689
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Neither, there is only one event pointing to a connection between those two characters, and no built up around the issue, at least for now, though I also doubt there will be any even later.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 02:09   Link #1690
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
^Well if we accept that she's from the future, which many of us are led to believe, then so far the anime has had a few scenes that strongly imply that Daru is her father.

Of course we could just be getting trolled super hard right now, but who knows until further evidence points it out. But right now, I'm totally down for the idea that Daru is her father. There is evidence for me to believe that so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and believe it. When there is more evidence that goes against it, then I'll change my mind.

And whoever made that condom joke, ouch haha. Poor Daru, getting ripped on so hard by the interwebz he browses so often
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 05:10   Link #1691
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Golden Throne
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Let's hope a handful of doujinshi will soon address that topic
What kind of John Conner time-loop are we going to setup here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
To be more honest, I'm more curious about who Suzuha's mother is.
FEYRIS-TAN
__________________

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 05:23   Link #1692
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
What kind of John Conner time-loop are we going to setup here.
A very sleazy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
FEYRIS-TAN
NO!!! my pure Feyris-tan got soiled
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:40   Link #1693
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
@Malkuth The biggest evidence for the theory is that in the first World-line, Suzuha said to Okarin that she would leave the city if she was not able to meet her father at the meeting. Daru didn't go, and she left. In the second World-line, Suzuha also does not go, going to Okarin's get together instead and meets Daru. And she sticks around.

That's not overwhelming evidence, but it's a big point for.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:50   Link #1694
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
FEYRIS-TAN
Since I actually kind of sort of ship Daru/Feyris for some odd reason, I am totally down with this idea.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:56   Link #1695
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Since I actually kind of sort of ship Daru/Feyris for some odd reason, I am totally down with this idea.
LOL, after Suzuha X Mr.Braun, you also started imagining Feyris X Daru... I definitely must find time to draw these grotesque and sacrilegious couplings
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:49   Link #1696
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
LOL, after Suzuha X Mr.Braun, you also started imagining Feyris X Daru... I definitely must find time to draw these grotesque and sacrilegious couplings
Hey, in all honesty, for some reason I ship Suzuha/Moeka. Oh, my crazy mind.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:57   Link #1697
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
@Malkuth The biggest evidence for the theory is that in the first World-line, Suzuha said to Okarin that she would leave the city if she was not able to meet her father at the meeting. Daru didn't go, and she left. In the second World-line, Suzuha also does not go, going to Okarin's get together instead and meets Daru. And she sticks around.

That's not overwhelming evidence, but it's a big point for.
Also, she stated she felt at home (or something along those lines) at the lab. We were then shown a picture featuring Daru and Suzuha together. I wouldn't call that evidence, but the anime was certainly strongly hinting to the viewers that Daru is her father.

Anyway, it's just too much of a coincidence that Daru was planning to go to the exact same online meeting as Suzuha's father, and that Suzuha couldn't meet her father when Daru ended up not going. Coincidences in anime are rarely just coincidences. It could be a red herring of course, but I doubt it.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 13:09   Link #1698
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Ugh so that's were all this Daru + Suzunoha theories are coming from, just because they happened to be going to the same meeting?

Daru is a virgin, end o story.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 13:14   Link #1699
Jao
panchi~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Daru is a virgin, end o story.
It's true folks, end of the story if you don't lose your virginity by the age of 18.
__________________
In my world far removed from the actual
Safe in my small amorality capsule
I cruise far aloof of the other world's flaws
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 13:46   Link #1700
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Hey, in all honesty, for some reason I ship Suzuha/Moeka. Oh, my crazy mind.
Ok, that is just random... oh wait! you're a girl posting in this forum... now it starts to make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Also, she stated she felt at home (or something along those lines) at the lab. We were then shown a picture featuring Daru and Suzuha together. I wouldn't call that evidence, but the anime was certainly strongly hinting to the viewers that Daru is her father.

Anyway, it's just too much of a coincidence that Daru was planning to go to the exact same online meeting as Suzuha's father, and that Suzuha couldn't meet her father when Daru ended up not going. Coincidences in anime are rarely just coincidences. It could be a red herring of course, but I doubt it.
As you said, these are not evidence, and the show itself is filled with wild coincidences, in the sense of chains of correlated events, lacking causal connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
It's true folks, end of the story if you don't lose your virginity by the age of 18.
Hehe, that's too harsh, but I can not say that I disagree with the reasoning behind it

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-06-17 at 15:43.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, mystery, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.