AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-17, 20:50   Link #1
co0lguyjt

i need an answer to my question

ok say im downloading an anime and its a batch of episodes like episode 1-10 or something like that,my download is maybe half way complete and the first episode is playable.when i play the episode,it like pauses and the pixels get all green and rainbowy,will this problem get fixed once the download is done?if it doesnt,then i dont wanna complete the download since its 15 gig.
Old 2004-03-17, 21:02   Link #2
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

yes...when it's done it'll get fixed...cause it's still halfway done you might only be able to play the ep cause it has just enough data to actually play some of it (hence why it pauses and has pixels...that's cause of the missing data)...so after you finish it...it should be problem free

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Old 2004-03-20, 01:09   Link #3
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
yes...when it's done it'll get fixed...cause it's still halfway done you might only be able to play the ep cause it has just enough data to actually play some of it (hence why it pauses and has pixels...that's cause of the missing data)...so after you finish it...it should be problem free
Adding to Superchops explanation.

If you haven't noticed already bittorrent downloads in bits and pieces in a way. It doesnt download the file from beginning to end but it just downloads a puzzle in a way. So when you download a batch and its 50% done most people(ones that dont know how BT works) play the first file and it doesnt work and what not. Thats the downside of it it you want to watch the batched anime thats not completed. But BT is so great that who cares! When i find where the guy who created BT(forgot his name) I will friggin kiss him for creating the program.
Old 2004-03-20, 02:26   Link #4
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
The guy who created bittorrent is bram cohen. I've also heard some cleints can place priority on one file in a batch so you could download all of ep 1 before the others. I think azureus supports this.
Closed Thread