AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-25, 19:30   Link #1
bulldog365v

looking for romance anime

ok so i was thinking a romance anime with a guy lead who gets a girl to love him and then he ends up geting hurt or dying something kinda sad...another can be a guy lead who always gets into fights and is good at it and gets a girl to fall for him...when u list plz tell me if the suggestion is from the first or second like say num 1 have u seen -- or num 2 have u seen ---
Old 2010-07-25, 19:52   Link #2
MamoruUsagi

Ceres Celestial Legend is a romance manga where the couple is dating and in a sexual relationship, lots of kissing and sex. The main character gets pregnant with his child and he dies just as she finds out she's pregnant. He gets injured a lot protecting her. He also loses his memory after they start having sex. The manga is much deeper than the show.

Sailor Moon is a romance manga where the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and get married and have a child. The main character's boyfriend often get hurt when he protects her. Usagi's boyfriend dies many times protecting her and is reincarnated. The manga is much deeper than the show.

Fushigi Yugi is a romance manga where the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend, dating, engaged and in a serious relationship. The main character's boyfriend protects her a lot and gets injured protecting her.

Wild Act has a couple dating and in a sexual relationship, the main character's boyfriend protects her a lot.

Other great romance manga with couples dating and in serious relationships are

Mars
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
Wild Act
Happy Hustle High
High School Debut
Paradise Kiss
Bokura ga Ita
Old 2010-07-25, 20:04   Link #3
bulldog365v

i dont read manga looking for anime
Old 2010-07-25, 20:10   Link #4
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Clannad maybe? I have read a lot of romance manga but not many romance anime.
Old 2010-07-25, 21:43   Link #5
RenaRay

Type 1:
Makoto Shinkai's works such as Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, 5 Centimeters per Second etc. They typically involve romance in a sad or melancholy way.

Saikano. I'm not sure how the anime is but the manga was sad/tragic.

I think Key's romance games that were turned into anime typically have some emotional tones. e.g. Clannad, Air, Kanon etc.
Another visual novel turned anime that I hear is somewhat tragic is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

Whilst double-checking something I came across this thread, seems to be a good list:
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...anime-romances

Type 2:
Tokyo Underground - It starts out that he worries he won't find a girlfriend because he always ends up in fights and girls find him too scary to approach. Then he gets involved with a mysterious girl who needs protecting.

Ranma 1/2 - The show is about martial arts so there are frequent battles, the two protagnists hate each other to begin with and its a VERY slow path to affection. Also whilst I haven't seen it Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple sounds like its on a similar vein of being a fighting dojo with romance.

You could look into bodyguard anime too since they often involve fighting and winning affection. Haven't seen them myself but Full Metal Panic, Hayate the Combat Butler etc.
Old 2010-07-25, 22:53   Link #6
bulldog365v

thx for the help but i have seen most of those...also for type 3 i can say a romance anime that has a guy lead who is a deliquant and gets and super hot goody girl...something like that for type 3
Old 2010-07-26, 17:10   Link #7
kitten320

How about love triangles?

Suzuka - The main lead guy is in love with a girl who is in sport team but doesn't seem to show interest in him though during the series she strts to fall for him. He joins the track team because of her but there is one more girl who is in love with him but he doesn't notice. Later on he comits a lot of dumb mistakes and stuff like this. There is more to it but it is a drama though not exactly the one you might be looking though but you can give it a try.
Old 2010-07-27, 18:56   Link #8
bulldog365v

thx anyone else
Old 2010-07-27, 20:50   Link #9
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Some good romance anime are ef - a tale of memories and ef - a tale of melodies. The tragic thing happens in the second season, although both are wonderfully told.

A lead who is a delinquent would be in the show CLANNAD, although he's not really a fighter punk type delinquent, more of a -cuts school a lot and doesn't care about grades- type of delinquent. CLANNAD is an excellent show along with Kanon and Air, and I definitely recommend you check it out since it will make you laugh and cry more than any other show.
Old 2010-07-30, 15:42   Link #10
bulldog365v

k added a type three any help
Old 2010-07-31, 13:20   Link #11
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita

Kare Kano

Paradise Kiss

Peach Girl

are good romance.

Ceres Celestial Legend

Fushigi Yuugi

Sailor Moon

Have the boyfriend as the rescuer.

Most good romance are usually manga like Mars, The Devil Does Exist, Happy Hustle High, Kare First Love and Wild Act, but you said you didn't read it.
Closed Thread